shape
carat
color
clarity

Gem jewelers co - are they legit? (Looking for well priced diamond tennis bracelet!)

fruxo

Shiny_Rock
I'm looking for a diamond tennis bracelet for anniversary and I came across this LA vendor. Never heard of them before but their prices are better than what I can find elsewhere, and reviews online are good (but obviously hard to trust these days).

Does anyone know anything about them? Would quality be equivalent to say bluenile?

Other suggestions for where I can get a good quality diamond tennis bracelet for a competitive price is also appreciated. I was hoping to get 5ct, but might not be able to stretch to more than 4ct pending on vendor.

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
I highly recommend https://idjewelry.com/. Specifically request “Pricescope quality” (ideal cut). Just got mine from them and it’s beautiful. I worked with Lisa. IMG_6342.jpeg See this thread for a discussion of PS quality at IDJ: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...e-quality”-still-a-thing.278886/#post-5254326 and there are others as well, if you do a search. Lots of vendors, including Blue Nile, use low clarity and cut quality and their bracelets. Clarity is not as important to me as long as it’s eye clean, but cut is pretty vital. As an example, this blue Nile bracelet has average clarity of I1, which is pretty awful. https://www.bluenile.com/jewelry/bracelets/diamond-tennis-bracelet-14k-white-gold_58146 And yet, they are charging more than IDJ’s ideal cut. I would also assume that their cut quality is much lower, but they don’t even list it. You’ll be much better off going with Costco or IDJ. Costco also has a good reputation (see many threads on this) but I think that IDJ Pricescope quality has slightly better cut and they have more setting options.

Attachments

• IMG_6339.jpeg
    IMG_6339.jpeg
    125.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Heathcat24

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I really like some of the options at Costco! @MamaBee just got a GORGEOUS bracelet from there and posted it in the Costco jewelry thread. (I think it is 3 ctw, but they have a 5ctw for $4k!) It's on my list! (Note: my list seriously just keeps growing the longer I'm on here...)

This is the link to @MamaBee 's bracelet and the Costco thread.

I do have a little IDJ tennis bracelet. It's about 2ctw and not Pricescope quality stones. But it is super cute and fun and VERY BLINGY! I honestly didn't know if I'd wear a bracelet but I pull it out a LOT! I'd just like something a little bit bigger.

It may just be me, but I think IDJ's prices on these have gone up a good bit over the past couple of years, at least on the website. (But, really, what hasn't gone up? LOL)

Good luck on the tennis bracelet search! Please come back and let us know what you choose!

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
You are definitely right that IDJ prices went up! But another thing to mention is that they have an upgrade policy for tennis bracelets. However, Costco is really good for the money. I tried on a 3 ct and 5 ct there and they were beautiful. Also, super easy returns if you don’t love it.

Heathcat24

Shiny_Rock
Premium
You are definitely right that IDJ prices went up! But another thing to mention is that they have an upgrade policy for tennis bracelets. However, Costco is really good for the money. I tried on a 3 ct and 5 ct there and they were beautiful. Also, super easy returns if you don’t love it.

Your bracelet is just STUNNING! You made a stellar choice!

I am still trying to figure out the biggest bang for my buck/size/etc. I love that IDJ has an upgrade policy, but I secretly want to keep my smaller bracelet. I really do love it!

The new one would be a Christmas thing. I am supposed to go to Costco in a couple of weeks with my hubby to see what they have in stock and try them on.

A side note: I don't like budgets. Not at all. Lol

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! If you have a 2 carat, you probably need to go up to at least 5 carats:) I think Costco is a great choice. Definitely keep an eye out for the sales, because they have some really good sales on jewelry.

fruxo

Shiny_Rock
I highly recommend https://idjewelry.com/. Specifically request “Pricescope quality” (ideal cut). Just got mine from them and it’s beautiful.

I did look at idj, and while I have no idea if they are pricescope quality, the 4ct is $4650 and would be the highest I could afford. This is probably my top contender (ie better than what I could find at bluenile for example)
or

However, Gem jewelers co has a special for a 5.2ct for $4900 though and great reviews.

To put it into context, my wife has 2 other pieces of diamond jewelry. Studs from whiteflash (in their perfect cut whatever it's called) and a generic pendant necklace from bluenile. And honestly, we can't tell the difference. I kind of regret getting the fancy whiteflash earrings when I could have gotten a bigger size instead (which is my wife's highest priority).

With that in mind, I don't really want to make the same mistake again and go for smaller diamonds if they will look and sparkle the same to us. Which is why I've kind of made bluenile the baseline for the quality I think I'm after (ie we have local stores which are much worse quality and where you can definitely see the difference). But who knows. I'm equally confused every 5 years when I need to make another diamond purchase...

I really like some of the options at Costco! @MamaBee just got a GORGEOUS bracelet from there and posted it in the Costco jewelry thread. (I think it is 3 ctw, but they have a 5ctw for $4k!) It's on my list! (Note: my list seriously just keeps growing the longer I'm on here...)
I'd love a 5ct bracelet for $4k, but unfortunately I'm in Australia so local stores like Costco are not an option. If it's possible to get an acceptable 5k bracelet for a similar price somewhere else, I'm very interested! Technically 5ct is where I wanted to be, but due to the unfortunate cost of these things (and I'm paying an additional 15% to buy it from overseas), I just haven't been able to stretch the budget that far yet as 5ct are all $6000+ :(

Last edited:

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
I did look at idj, and while I have no idea if they are pricescope quality, the 4ct is $4650 and would be the highest I could afford. This is probably my top contender (ie better than what I could find at bluenile for example)
or

However, Gem jewelers co has a special for a 5.2ct for $4900 though and great reviews.

To put it into context, my wife has 2 other pieces of diamond jewelry. Studs from whiteflash (in their perfect cut whatever it's called) and a generic pendant necklace from bluenile. And honestly, we can't tell the difference. I kind of regret getting the fancy whiteflash earrings when I could have gotten a bigger size instead (which is my wife's highest priority).

With that in mind, I don't really want to make the same mistake again and go for smaller diamonds if they will look and sparkle the same to us. Which is why I've kind of made bluenile the baseline for the quality I think I'm after (ie we have local stores which are much worse quality and where you can definitely see the difference). But who knows. I'm equally confused every 5 years when I need to make another diamond purchase...

I'd love a 5ct bracelet for $4k, but unfortunately I'm in Australia so local stores like Costco are not an option. If it's possible to get an acceptable 5k bracelet for a similar price somewhere else, I'm very interested! Technically 5ct is where I wanted to be, but due to the unfortunate cost of these things (and I'm paying an additional 15% to buy it from overseas), I just haven't been able to stretch the budget that far yet as 5ct are all $6000+ :(

Ok, gotcha! For the best prices plus vendors with good reputations on Pricescope that are not Costco, I would say Ivy and Rose ( https://ivyandrose.com/collections/bracelets?era=era:Modern,era:Original+Vintage&page=2) I don’t see a 5 carat currently, but prices are low and they could make you one; or Deejay jewelers on eBay (5 carat for $4,000: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1259631794...jrlowkzsce&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY). There is less experience on Pricescope with Deejay, but experiences have been positive. You can search for threads.

Heathcat24

Shiny_Rock
Premium
or

With that in mind, I don't really want to make the same mistake again and go for smaller diamonds if they will look and sparkle the same to us. Which is why I've kind of made bluenile the baseline for the quality I think I'm after (ie we have local stores which are much worse quality and where you can definitely see the difference).

Oh, this is great to know! I don't think the 4ctw weight ones you are looking at at IDJ are Pricescope quality (i.e. hearts and arrows melee stones.) That's an upcharge and has to be requested. BUT if it's anything like the little one I have (also not Pricescope quality), it'll be a winner anyway! My stones are very eye clean and sparkly!

Also, the size of the stones in the IDJ 4ctw 3 prong setting are (I THINK!) the same size as the ones in the Costco 5ctw one! (.08 or so.) (Trust me. I have done all kinds of calculations on this. Haha!) I, too, am aiming for 5ctw, but, really, the size of the individual stones also matters, I think...

I would definitely put a call in to IDJ and talk to them! Yuketiel is SO NICE! I talked to him while mine was in process and he was very understanding and helpful!

I'm not sure about Gem Jewelers. I have not heard of them and I am just not sure of the quality of the diamonds.

I can't wait to see what you get!

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, gotcha! For the best prices plus vendors with good reputations on Pricescope that are not Costco, I would say Ivy and Rose ( https://ivyandrose.com/collections/bracelets?era=era:Modern,era:Original+Vintage&page=2) I don’t see a 5 carat currently, but prices are low and they could make you one; or Deejay jewelers on eBay (5 carat for $4,000: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1259631794...jrlowkzsce&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY). There is less experience on Pricescope with Deejay, but experiences have been positive. You can search for threads.

One more thing. It looks like there is a Costco presence in Australia. It would be worth looking into and getting a membership just to get the bracelet. https://www.costco.com.au/member-care/online-account
However, they only have one tennis bracelet listed and the price is pretty high even after converting to USD.

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, this is great to know! I don't think the 4ctw weight ones you are looking at at IDJ are Pricescope quality (i.e. hearts and arrows melee stones.) That's an upcharge and has to be requested. BUT if it's anything like the little one I have (also not Pricescope quality), it'll be a winner anyway! My stones are very eye clean and sparkly!

Also, the size of the stones in the IDJ 4ctw 3 prong setting are (I THINK!) the same size as the ones in the Costco 5ctw one! (.08 or so.) (Trust me. I have done all kinds of calculations on this. Haha!) I, too, am aiming for 5ctw, but, really, the size of the individual stones also matters, I think...

I would definitely put a call in to IDJ and talk to them! Yuketiel is SO NICE! I talked to him while mine was in process and he was very understanding and helpful!

I'm not sure about Gem Jewelers. I have not heard of them and I am just not sure of the quality of the diamonds.

I can't wait to see what you get!

@Heathcat24 makes a very good point about calculating the size in mm of the stones, not just the total carat weight. 7.25 inch bracelet at 5ctw will have smaller stones than a 7 inch bracelet at 5ctw!

fruxo

Shiny_Rock

Yes, I noticed that the 3 prong has got bigger and less stones with the same total carat weight.

Would that one actually look bigger and more impressive though, or would the 4 prong give the illusion of bigger stones? The only ones I've seen locally is the standard 4 prong so I really don't know how the different style would look like in person. If I get the idj one, I really don't know which of the two to get (advise appreciated).

One more thing. It looks like there is a Costco presence in Australia. It would be worth looking into and getting a membership just to get the bracelet. https://www.costco.com.au/member-care/online-account
However, they only have one tennis bracelet listed and the price is pretty high even after converting to USD.

Yes, we have Costco and I have a membership, but I don't believe we have anywhere near the same range (or prices). As you mentioned, they only have 1 diamond bracelet listed and it's not even a standard style (ie total 3ct but some 460 stones). Not what I'm after. I could look in store, but the jewelry second is tiny (basically one small table) so it's extremely unlikely they'll have anything. For all I know, the actual jewelry might be sourced from somewhere else as well.

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
Just my opinion, but I don’t think four prongs makes it look bigger, just different…more like a continuous line. With a three-prong, it differentiates the individual stones. It depends on what you prefer.

Heathcat24

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Just my opinion, but I don’t think four prongs makes it look bigger, just different…more like a continuous line. With a three-prong, it differentiates the individual stones. It depends on what you prefer.

I agree with this, @fruxo ! I really think it is a preference thing. If you're trying to eek out size, the three prong might be great since the stones are bigger. The four prong will be a continuous line but, at the same total carat weight, a smidge thinner, I think?

Here is a great thread that shows different sizes and settings on the wrist.

fruxo

Shiny_Rock
Ok, gotcha! For the best prices plus vendors with good reputations on Pricescope that are not Costco, I would say Ivy and Rose ( https://ivyandrose.com/collections/bracelets?era=era:Modern,era:Original+Vintage&page=2) I don’t see a 5 carat currently, but prices are low and they could make you one; or Deejay jewelers on eBay

Ivy and Rose seemed very well priced! If they are reputable and I can be confident that I'm getting good quality diamonds, then that seems like a very real possibility. There's no bracelet in my desired carat range though, but I've emailed them and we'll see what they say.

I'll try and search through the forum, but if anyone has any thoughts or opinions on this seller, please do share!

Deejay ebay doesn't seem to ship to Australia, so I didn't look at them.

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
The lower price of Ivy and Rose is probably due to the diamonds being very good cut instead of excellent cut, and lower weight of metal in the setting. (Just for your awareness of the trade-offs—ask them about it).
For my money, I would not want less than excellent cut. I’d go to IDJ, and ask what the price would be if you went down to I color/SI/excellent cut. The wearer will be staring at a tennis bracelet all day, in all kinds of lighting conditions, whereas they can’t stare at a necklace or earrings. That’s why I would still be conscious of the cut grade.

Last edited:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You get what you pay for too. The lowest price generally equates to less quality. I would much rather accept the review and pictures of someone here as opposed to a random vendor no one has had experience with before. Hopefully their reviews are legit but you never know for sure what the customer expected. Most diamonds will sparkle and may please lots of folks, however, top cut is always the preference. It does make a difference. Make sure you are buying from a vendor that accepts returns and can give you detail about the diamonds they use in their bracelets. Whiteflash is no longer using ACA in their bracelets but will for an upcharge. However, they have said that out of five grades of melee for bracelets, they use the top grade. Again, for my dollars, cut quality makes a huge difference. Good luck and let us know what you decide!

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OP, you get what you pay for, no deals.
I bought my wife a diamond tennis bracelet many years ago from BGD. Worked with Leslie. WF has beautiful pieces also.
Good luck.

fruxo

Shiny_Rock
The lower price of Ivy and Rose is probably due to the diamonds being very good cut instead of excellent cut, and lower weight of metal in the setting... For my money, I would not want less than excellent cut. I’d go to IDJ
But I thought ivy and Rose that you mentioned was supposed to be pretty good and similar to Costco quality etc. Maybe not the absolute best, but still respectable. Buying diamonds is the worst haha.

Anyway, I emailed them Thursday (their time) and it's now the weekend with no response yet unfortunately bleh. A bit disappointing.

Last edited:

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
But I thought ivy and Rose that you mentioned was supposed to be pretty good and similar to Costco quality etc. Maybe not the absolute best, but still respectable. Buying diamonds is the worst haha.

Anyway, I emailed them Thursday (their time) and it's now the weekend with no response yet unfortunately bleh. A bit disappointing.

Ivy & Rose is listing their natural diamond tennis bracelets as “very good cut“ and Costco generally uses “excellent cut“. I suggested Ivy & Rose because they have a good reputation here as a jeweler in general, but yes, the reason it’s cheaper is that the cut is not as good. You mentioned you didn’t think you’d be able to tell the difference, but it kind of goes against my religion to recommend anything less than excellent cut:) That’s why ultimately, if I were you, I would choose a smaller total carat weight and go with IDJ. I would suggest calling them and talking about your budget and asking if they could go down to I color but excellent cut. Their standard is F/G color. They are good with working within budgets.

Jerryantiques

Rough_Rock
I'm looking for a diamond tennis bracelet for anniversary and I came across this LA vendor. Never heard of them before but their prices are better than what I can find elsewhere, and reviews online are good (but obviously hard to trust these days).

Does anyone know anything about them? Would quality be equivalent to say bluenile?

Other suggestions for where I can get a good quality diamond tennis bracelet for a competitive price is also appreciated. I was hoping to get 5ct, but might not be able to stretch to more than 4ct pending on vendor.

We just got a 5.94Ct Tennis Bracelet from them and we were super skeptical a whole time since their pricing is really good I just got back from an appraiser today and he confirmed everything in there is Natural and also VS clarity which is the only clarity they sell on their site. I can say firsthand that it's worth the buy. They also give Free studs but those are not as good clarity as the bracelet I guess that's why they give it for free but iverall very happy with the purchase. My wife was dealing with Joe who I think is the owner but i also chatted with Jessica who was super helpful with sending us pcitures for sizing etc. This is the link

https://gemjewelersco.com/collectio...nd-diamond-tennis-bracelet-square-box-setting

Jerryantiques

Rough_Rock

IMG_2210.jpg IMG_2210.jpg

Thats the bracelet we just got from Gem Jewelers co.

Joan August

Rough_Rock
As someone who bought from both Blue Nile and Gem Jewelers Co., I would say the quality is equivalent and I highly recommend Gem Jewelers. I was assisted by Christine who was so helpful in helping me pick my tennis necklace. I wanted to go for 9.20CT 18K yellow gold but they were kind enough to recommend me the 14K instead since it is sturdier. Got a good deal on the price as well.

Attachments

• IMG_1923.jpg
    IMG_1923.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 18
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results