shape
carat
color
clarity

Is IDJ “Pricescope quality” still a thing?

eaj

Rough_Rock
Hello! I’m about to place an order with IDJ for a 20 pt U-prong eternity band. Alina has been the one helping me, when I told her I wanted Pricescope quality stones she said there is no difference because for round cuts they use F color, SI1 eye clean, excellent cut. So is Pricescope quality not a thing anymore?

And re: u-prong eternity sizing, my e-ring is size 5.25 and fits fine but it is thin and admittedly ever so slightly more snug since having kids, what’s the recommendation for U-prong eternity sizing? I’ve read a thread saying to size up for eternities since they’re thicker and also no resizing, but also another thread saying u-prongs wear big so size down. I bought a plastic ring sizer and I seem to be about 5.5 or 6, and also bought a CZ eternity on Amazon in size 6 and it fits well. should I go with size 6?

Last edited:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hopefully someone with first hand info chimes in for you!

Iirc 20% upcharge is spoken about with PS quality choice with IDJ. If they’ve gone away with this and everything they ship out is considered the same quality - that’s fair.
But I would specifically ask that the ‘excellent cut’ also extended to all the stones chosen to be very well matched to each other in table/crown/pavilion and so on. I think that’s not a little part in the PS quality appeal.
Seeing the consistency of very well matched to each other excellent cut ACA 15 pointers from WF, compared to a different vendors much less so well matched in excellent cut 11 pointers - proves to me it’s well worth asking for.

I know others have stated they don’t get the good feelings from the rep on this, and ask to speak to Yekutiel instead. I think that’s uncomfortable but ymmv.

As for sizing - because sizes from vendor to vendor can vary
I’d ask how they prefer to confirm size on a ring like this. Whether it’s them sending you a sizing ring or sending them a cheapo version of what fits well to you as worn as you intend.
I just think it’d be possibly an expensive mistake to go by what someone else says because fingers differ so much.

eaj

Rough_Rock

Iirc 20% upcharge is spoken about with PS quality choice with IDJ. If they’ve gone away with this and everything they ship out is considered the same quality - that’s fair.
But I would specifically ask that the ‘excellent cut’ also extended to all the stones chosen to be very well matched to each other in table/crown/pavilion and so on. I think that’s not a little part in the PS quality appeal.
Seeing the consistency of very well matched to each other excellent cut ACA 15 pointers from WF, compared to a different vendors much less so well matched in excellent cut 11 pointers - proves to me it’s well worth asking for.

I know others have stated they don’t get the good feelings from the rep on this, and ask to speak to Yekutiel instead. I think that’s uncomfortable but ymmv.

I’d ask how they prefer to confirm size on a ring like this. Whether it’s them sending you a sizing ring or sending them a cheapo version of what fits well to you as worn as you intend.
I just think it’d be possibly an expensive mistake to go by what someone else says because fingers differ so much.

Thank you for your thoughtful reply. While I do think it’ll be awkward to reach out to Yekutiel I’ll think I’ll do it anyway for peace of mind.

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for your thoughtful reply. While I do think it’ll be awkward to reach out to Yekutiel I’ll think I’ll do it anyway for peace of mind.

I'm curious what response you get as I'm considering a project with them right now but want to make sure I will get PS quality!

eaj

Rough_Rock
So I spoke with Alina again and she confirmed "pricescope quality" IS still a thing, and that it's basically "super ideal" diamonds as opposed to their excellent cut. She did not try to upcharge me on them, but there is an upcharge.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I spoke with Alina again and she confirmed "pricescope quality" IS still a thing, and that it's basically "super ideal" diamonds as opposed to their excellent cut. She did not try to upcharge me on them, but there is an upcharge.

How much is the upcharge? A certain percentage

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
How much is the upcharge? A certain percentage
yes, @eaj, they should understand the request. I just ordered a 3 carat tennis bracelet and specified Pricescope quality. This was an upcharge for “ideal cut.” I did say SI was fine if eye clean. I worked with Lisa. She understood the request and reached out separately over email to discuss what she had that was Pricescope quality. I’m super pleased with the bracelet. I compared it to my Costco melee, and it is better, to my eye. Costco was sparkly, but it had a white sparkle, whereas the IDJ Pricescope quality has more of a clear and rainbow sparkle.
Edited to add, I don’t know what the percentage up charge is exactly, but the cost for the white gold 3 prong 3.00ctw diamond tennis bracelet with F-G/SI1 ideal cut diamonds in 7 inches in Pricescope quality was $3,350.

Last edited:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes
I just ordered and recvd my eternity with .15pointers

Pricescope quality is interchangeable with "hearts and arrows"

I had like 20 emails and convos with Alina and even sent Yuki an email confirming. When u say say "pricescope " in the same sentence you use "hearts and arrows "
They know you mean diamonds over and above the normal excellent cut and there is a slight premium. But sooooo worth it.

Stive85

Shiny_Rock

Just out of curiousity, why would it be uncomfortable to speak to Yekutiel? I've contacted him through whatsapp before as a means of calling from Canada and he's always super nice. I'm getting a price from him for anniversary band (helping my father out), and will be asking him to pick out some smaller studs for me at Christmas. I trust him and he's always been very friendly. Haha, am I not supposed to?

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not him specifically.
But not trusting /liking what the sales rep has to say
so you then ‘ask to speak to a manager’ aspect being what’s sometimes is uncomfortable.

sorry for not being more clear about that.

Stive85

Shiny_Rock
Not him specifically.
But not trusting /liking what the sales rep has to say
so you then ‘ask to speak to a manager’ aspect being what’s sometimes is uncomfortable.

sorry for not being more clear about that.

Oh no apology needed, I was just curious.

I message him on whatsapp and like I said am helping my dad purchase a 5k ring and then will be getting some 1.5k studs for my daughter at Xmas. Will speak to him directly to iron out details and then I don't mind being passed down to wire money, get updates etc.

Really nice guy.

eaj

Rough_Rock
Yes
I just ordered and recvd my eternity with .15pointers

Pricescope quality is interchangeable with "hearts and arrows"

I had like 20 emails and convos with Alina and even sent Yuki an email confirming. When u say say "pricescope " in the same sentence you use "hearts and arrows "
They know you mean diamonds over and above the normal excellent cut and there is a slight premium. But sooooo worth it.

Do they send you any photographs or images showing the diamonds are pricescope quality/super ideal? Or is it just described as super ideal in the invoice or appraisal?

eaj

Rough_Rock
Ah I'm so torn, I was going to pass on the pricescope quality/super ideal, but now I'm thinking I should just do it. Anyone have pics/experiences to share re their eternity band?

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
Do they send you any photographs or images showing the diamonds are pricescope quality/super ideal? Or is it just described as super ideal in the invoice or appraisal?

For my bracelet it was just described as “ideal cut” in the appraisal. I didn’t ask for any advanced images since it was melee.

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
Trying very hard to use my new idealscope; please excuse the user error; I can only seem to focus on one stone at a time, but this is the ideal cut from
IDJ:
IMG_6503.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6502.jpeg
    IMG_6502.jpeg
    330.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_6501.jpeg
    IMG_6501.jpeg
    240.4 KB · Views: 21

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trying very hard to use my new idealscope; please excuse the user error; I can only seem to focus on one stone at a time, but this is the ideal cut from
IDJ:
IMG_6503.jpeg

And you paid the 15% for the upgraded diamonds?

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
I don’t know exactly what the upcharge was, but yes. If my idealscope images aren’t great, it’s me, not the cut!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think it is unreasonable to ask for Ideal-scope photos of a lot of very small diamonds.
It takes time and is fiddly without the right set up for small stone alignment. And then you are just going to post misaligned photos here and people will criticise them etc etc

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think it is unreasonable to ask for Ideal-scope photos of a lot of very small diamonds.
It takes time and is fiddly without the right set up for small stone alignment. And then you are just going to post misaligned photos here and people will criticise them etc etc
Agree
Labor to do the photos would likely be more than the stones cost in many cases also.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I specify via email and then I call spoke with Alina and told her I am very particular and want my description to be word for word on the invoice...when it wasnt I asked her to correct it.

This is my 2nd Pricescope quality band from them, along with other purchases I made over the years so they know what I want. no i do not preview stones b4 they make my ring. I trust them. They have always provided exactlynwhat i request.no complaints. I see tiny H&A in every .15pointer in this new eternity band.

eaj

Rough_Rock
I specify via email and then I call spoke with Alina and told her I am very particular and want my description to be word for word on the invoice...when it wasnt I asked her to correct it.

This is my 2nd Pricescope quality band from them, along with other purchases I made over the years so they know what I want. no i do not preview stones b4 they make my ring. I trust them. They have always provided exactlynwhat i request.no complaints. I see tiny H&A in every .15pointer in this new eternity band.

What do you have them specify, does the invoice say "super ideal"? And does the markup include going from SI1 to VS (I asked them this but waiting for their response).

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is markup for si1 extremely eyeclean f/g color, pricescope quality super ideal cut, hearts and arrows

More if a mark up for vs clarity

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
FWIW, I have two tennis bracelets (3.5ctw and 5ctw) and a 7 stone band (.84ctw). from IDJ. The 3.5ctw bracelet and the 7 stone band are “PS Quality”, the 5ctw bracelet is not. I cannot see a discernible difference, even when I stack the two tennis bracelets. They all sparkle like crazy and there are no duds in the bunch. I believe IDJ has a great return policy on non-custom pieces. Upgrading to PS Quality is considered custom. If the ring you are considering is returnable, maybe order it and see how you feel? If it doesn’t meet your expectations, return it for PS Quality.

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
I contacted Alina for a semi-custom setting based on a setting they already make.

It’s a simple solitaire with one row of pave along the shank.

She insisted I use white gold rather than my requested platinum. She told me white gold was a far better choice for pave work over platinum.

I asked for her best quality melee no lower than G, excellent cut and VS clarity. She refused. She told me SI 1 was plenty good enough for melee stones and that I wouldn’t be able to tell the difference.

I went with another vendor.

• Wow
Reactions: eaj

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought a 7 stone 20 pointers from IDJ and asked for Pricescope Quality. Not sure what I got but not impressed with all the
stones. The 3 center stones on the ring are pretty nice...from there, the cut definitely declines. The stone on one end is definitely
not well cut or Ideal. I did not check each stone when I received it. If I ordered something new from IDJ I would check each stone and
ask for a replacement for anything that didn't fall into Pricescope Quality (obviously subjective). The ring, in general, does sparkle
pretty nicely though. I do think IDJ can provide nice jewelry at an affordable price.

The ring I am speaking of is in my avatar.

• Wow
Reactions: eaj

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Can't remember what I ordered from them, but I requested PS Quality, and it was noted on the sales receipt. There was a huge carbon inclusion in one of the diamonds, so I complained and sent it back for refund.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results