shape
carat
color
clarity

Gastric Sleeve

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That makes sense. Hopefully the antihistamine will quiet the hives. I get them often. But to be sure perhaps call your surgeon.

Thanks. I’ve been trouble shooting with my doctor friends and we think it’s the vitamin patch I used yesterday. I tend to react to adhesives, and I used it for the first time yesterday. I placed it near where my largest welt is.

I loved the idea of a transdermal vitamin patch but not....ooof, probably not for me.

I’m going to call the doc in a sec....

Thanks for posting, @missy

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@OdetteOdile thank you! I was able to sleep on my sides and stomach last night and got good sleep, so I call that a win.

Thank you @lambskin I appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

@missy my son is doing a lot better. His prescriber rearranged his meds and quadrupled his propranolol and he is already feeling better. He has decided for sure not to graduate in December (what’s the point?) and to delay graduation to spring 2021. So things seem to be falling into place with him.

Gabbycat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Yay for foods other than liquids! I can't believe how "easy" things seem to be going, but I'm glad they are, and I find it very encouraging.

I have had to do those heparin shots, too, after a heart procedure. No fun, but the sting doesn't last long, and the whole thing is temporary and obviously way better than the alternative of a blood clot. Hang in there. It'll be over soon enough!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad things seem to be going well! I also have a bad reaction to adhesives. The worst one yet was the covering I had on my back when I had an epidural with my son. That bothered me more than stitches!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m still doing great. No hives today but still starving all the time lol. Like I want a wedge of a hamburger and 2 French fries, lol. I started protonix yesterday and it definitely took the edge off. I have read to add gaviscon to the protonix. Supposedly for the people who wake up hungry, sometimes this goes away after about a week, so fingers crossed there.

It’s hard to believe it could be head hunger when it is definitely in my stomach, :confused:

There also isn’t much on my phase II diet that has a lot of protein. Protein shakes, egg drop soup and eggs are it. The rest are sugar free this and that (they taste nasty!!), broth, jello.

So eggs and protein shakes for the next 13 days? Yikes.

The hummus was great the first day, but I lost my taste for it after that.

I hate that this post is all about food. o_O

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m still doing great. No hives today but still starving all the time lol. Like I want a wedge of a hamburger and 2 French fries, lol. I started protonix yesterday and it definitely took the edge off. I have read to add gaviscon to the protonix. Supposedly for the people who wake up hungry, sometimes this goes away after about a week, so fingers crossed there.

It’s hard to believe it could be head hunger when it is definitely in my stomach, :confused:

There also isn’t much on my phase II diet that has a lot of protein. Protein shakes, egg drop soup and eggs are it. The rest are sugar free this and that (they taste nasty!!), broth, jello.

So eggs and protein shakes for the next 13 days? Yikes.

The hummus was great the first day, but I lost my taste for it after that.

I hate that this post is all about food. o_O

Can you have ricotta cheese? That was a go to for me!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
@whitewave Is greek yogurt a possibility? It is high in protein and filling. I like to add honey. The other thought I had was avocado because of the good fats making you feel more satisfied and full.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH is looking....Cottage cheese is on it but he doesn’t see ricotta cheese. I would think that is ok. It’s a slidy food. How did you eat it?

Edited: yes, it’s stage II but fat free.

Right out of the container I love ricotta!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@OdetteOdile yes, I think I can likely mash up avocado, and I agree about the good fats. I’m not a fan of yogurt. It’s a texture thing I think.

@Asscherhalo_lover ok cool, I’ll try it. I never really worked with ricotta cheese.

DH is going to go to the grocery later.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok. I’m all normal now, lol. Seriously, it’s like nothing interesting happened a week ago.

40mg protonix (20 am 20 pm) fixed the starvation feeling so now I’m good to go.

I haven’t lost any weight yet, but apparently you aren’t supposed to weigh for the first 2 weeks because of the swelling and fluids and healing, etc. I feel like I’ve lost some boob (of course).

I’m exercising in 10 minute increments. I walked twice and rode my adult tricycle once. (My balance isn’t what it used to be). I love my adult tricycle, lol, and we bring it camping so I can ride and sit and meet people and have my own chair, haha.

Btw, the mashed avocado and the ricotta cheese (I baked it) were spot on, thanks! Tantalized the taste buds.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds like you are doing great- happy to hear it!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great to see that you're doing well @whitewave! Sending you support and encouragement - hang in there, you're doing great. <3

Gabbycat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@whitewave Okay, I see seriously feel like I should probably just get with whoever your doctor was since he clearly did a fabulous job. Take the guesswork out of it.

Isn't it so irritating that we lose boobs first? At least it is for me since I'm not large chested. I look like a perpetual linebacker with my wide body and lack of chest. It's always the first to go when I lose and last to grow when I gain.

Keep up the great work!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@whitewave Okay, I see seriously feel like I should probably just get with whoever your doctor was since he clearly did a fabulous job. Take the guesswork out of it.

Isn't it so irritating that we lose boobs first? At least it is for me since I'm not large chested. I look like a perpetual linebacker with my wide body and lack of chest. It's always the first to go when I lose and last to grow when I gain.

Keep up the great work!

Have you called to make an appointment with your doc, or is that even still shut down? If you are serious about coming here just sent me a message through Loupe troop and I’ll send you the details.

Oh and to update, it’s not the vitamin patch that caused the hives. I really think it was the hibicleanse scrubs they made me use all over my body the morning of the surgery.

I’m trying to think if there is anything else I should update but I can’t think of anything.

Gabbycat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Have you called to make an appointment with your doc, or is that even still shut down? If you are serious about coming here just sent me a message through Loupe troop and I’ll send you the details.

Oh and to update, it’s not the vitamin patch that caused the hives. I really think it was the hibicleanse scrubs they made me use all over my body the morning of the surgery.

I’m trying to think if there is anything else I should update but I can’t think of anything.

I'm in Saint Louis area, and elective surgeries are all still shut down here. As far as I know things are supposed to be opening back up in about a week, but I'm not sure if those will be included or still just things like preventative tests. I'm not sure of where you live, but the logistics of doing such a surgery out of the area is probably prohibitive anyway, but it would be nice to have a doctor with proved results from someone who has nothing to gain or lose by telling us their personal story. I don't tend to trust online doctor reviews because I think that for a lot of them (for elective procedures in particular) they sound too much like a commercial.

I'm glad you found the rash culprit. I can't wait until you can start posting about your weight loss!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm in Saint Louis area, and elective surgeries are all still shut down here. As far as I know things are supposed to be opening back up in about a week, but I'm not sure if those will be included or still just things like preventative tests. I'm not sure of where you live, but the logistics of doing such a surgery out of the area is probably prohibitive anyway, but it would be nice to have a doctor with proved results from someone who has nothing to gain or lose by telling us their personal story. I don't tend to trust online doctor reviews because I think that for a lot of them (for elective procedures in particular) they sound too much like a commercial.

I'm glad you found the rash culprit. I can't wait until you can start posting about your weight loss!

Down 2 pounds this morning, but I’ll probably try not to get on the scale again until my appointment on the 22nd.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ll be 2 weeks post op tomorrow.

I’ve lost a little bit of weight and I can tell— rings are slightly loose (luckily, my ring size hasn’t changed more than .25 from when I was thin), my chin area and upper torso. Clothes are slightly loose.

My official 2 week appointment isn’t until Friday, so I’ll see how much I have lost from my last post op visit (3 weeks before the appointment).

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ll be 2 weeks post op tomorrow.

I’ve lost a little bit of weight and I can tell— rings are slightly loose (luckily, my ring size hasn’t changed more than .25 from when I was thin), my chin area and upper torso. Clothes are slightly loose.

My official 2 week appointment isn’t until Friday, so I’ll see how much I have lost from my last post op visit (3 weeks before the appointment).

Are you tracking inches too? Especially if you start working out inches will tell you even more IMO.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you tracking inches too? Especially if you start working out inches will tell you even more IMO.

Actually I didn’t do inches. You know, I’ve done that so many times, that I just decided to see how my clothes feel and I gathered some before pics from the last year.

Gabbycat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Just clarifying... your last weigh in was a week before surgery? So Friday will be 3 weeks since you last got on the scale and 2 since surgery?

Still feeling well? Overall glad you decided to do it?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just clarifying... your last weigh in was a week before surgery? So Friday will be 3 weeks since you last got on the scale and 2 since surgery?

Still feeling well? Overall glad you decided to do it?

Yes, will be 3 weeks I think.and yes, no regrets, still smooth sailing, a bit tired here and there but understandable. Big surgery plus low calories and portions

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Goodness Whitewave that is a marked difference!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow @whitewave, that is a dramatic difference! I'm glad you're doing so well and feeling good for the most part.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results