shape
carat
color
clarity

G, H, and I colored stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

OPA Rocks

Rough_Rock
For those of you who have helped me out with some of the other stones I have asked about on this forum so far I want to thank you. I have kind of dumped the internet site I was using before becuase they could not provide idealscope images, Sarin reports...etc. I am now working with WhiteFlash to bring in some "virtual stones" that I have found through pricescope. The white flash dealer asked me if I was considering I colored stones, since I was already down to G and H. Since the setting will be white gold, does anyone have an opinion on an I colored stone? Once I choose a stone or two for them to bring in, I will be sure to post idealscope images and other info that WhiteFlash provides. Thanks again for all your help.

jpk1102

Rough_Rock
My son just bought a J VS2 .737 Ideal Cut Expert Selection diamond from Whiteflash. We choose from several stones, from G through the J. The J color faced up very, very white, due I''m sure to the Excellent Cut. I really couldn''t see any difference side by side with the H, I or J stones we considered. Holding the J next to the G, the J seemed just a tiny, tiny bit warmer. We were very please with the J, both in quality and price. But then again it was an Expert Selection. If you are working with Whiteflash, I would definately recommend their ACA (A Cut Above) or Expert Selection stones, as those will appear whiter than other stones. And BTW, I was VERY impressed with Whiteflash. Since we live in Texas, we were able to review our diamond candidates in person with Brain Gavin (a wonderful man). After seeing his ACA diamonds, and knowing the strict requirements he places on those diamonds, I would not hesitate to buy sight unseen based on his recommendtions.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would totally agree that I would stick to WF ACA and Expert Selection stones (in-house). They cut their own stones, so that is why you''d want to buy from them, to get their excellent cut!

Color is so personal! I set my personal bottom limit at G-H. Yes, there are beautiful stones here that are I and J. You just have to balance out those 4 C''s to get as many features as you can!

jpk1102

Rough_Rock
Diamondseeker is right on - if you are working with Whiteflash, my opinion is that it is better to stay in house with their ACA and ES selection stones. I was going to pay to have somr diamonds sent in but there was SO much to choose from that was already in house it just really wasn''t necessary. We really had our choice of some absolutely superb stones right in their inventory. So unless they don''t have a stone in the general color, clarity and price you are looking for, no need to call in stones at extra expense. It''s true, they will personally inspect any stone brought in. But why not review what they have in inventory first before going to all the trouble? And as previously mentioned, I have seen 6 ACA diamonds side by side and each one was superb, really, really dazzling. Their high standards on the ACA assure the utmost in quality. The ACA cut makes all the difference - A Cut Above is Quality Above!

isis~goddess

Shiny_Rock
my wedding set consists of stones that span the diamond color chart from D to K, so i feel like i can give you some of my insight on the I color diamond. My center stone is .9 D vs2 radiant, flanked by .25 J on marquise one side and .27 K marquise on the other. i have two wedding bands, i wear one above this ring and one below, each are .5 tcw HI color rounds. the HI bands really appear white even compared to the D, but if you study it, you can see the D is whiter. where i see color is in the JKs. they are more antique white, but the color is mostly prominant in the tips, so i really think that shape is very important to consider when you get into those lower colors. size is important too. i have a wedding band that is 2 tcw weight with 5 rounds and its very white. also i have a necklace that has 2, .5 ct each round stones in it of I color, they absolutely GLEAM white, but 2 things, they are cut well and with the smaller stones, i think you see less color and they appear more white than will a larger diamond of the same color. you havent mentioned size yet, so i would think that if you are looking at under a ct round, especially with that cut above (im not familiar, but any excellent cut is going to make that I seem more white) then i would think you would be very happy with your results. personally, i would even be happy with the results if the ct weight were higher becuase that cut is going to do so much for the stone.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
An I is the grade where the industry believes the average person may be able to detect a touch of warmth especially from the side. However there are many happy I J and even K owners who feel their diamonds face up plenty white, some prefer the softer white that may be seen too. With a super cut, it seems from the amount of I''s we see here, that they can be an excellent choice, but in the end, individual colour perception plays a part. Personally I would definitely consider any I graded diamond that WF recommended!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results