shape
carat
color
clarity

Furry Babies

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
April20, I can pick him up in mid-April. He''s only two weeks old right now! So tiny
1.gif
Like dogs, they need to be at least 8 weeks before they can leave home.

It''s really hard to wait that long ... but it''ll be fun watching him grow up through pictures.

That''s too bad you had an unfriendly bunny! But if he was wild, I can see why he wasn''t a good pet. I''m really hoping to get a super friendly mellow bunny that will hang out with us.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 2:57:44 AM
Author: Feralpenchant
Another of Zoey.. she sits here when I''m on the computer. And there''s me in my vet scrubs LOL.

Feralpenchant, I love your brood!! They''re all soooo adorable!!

But this picture just takes the cake! How cuuuute!!!
30.gif

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 2:57:44 AM
Another of Zoey.. she sits here when I''m on the computer. And there''s me in my vet scrubs LOL.

THIS IS SOOOO CUTE!!! This is the kind of kitty I want next!!! (I almost typed kid hahahaha you can see how much I love my babies!) SOOOOOOOO cute!!!!

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I am sure if I just looked I could find one. I get attached pretty easily and would hate for BF to tell me no... or WORSE he says yes and then we find we don''t have enough time or something.

However... Are they any good with dogs? My Lilly would LOVE to have a friend.
3.gif
:)

April20

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 7:53:10 PM
Author: elrohwen
April20, I can pick him up in mid-April. He''s only two weeks old right now! So tiny
1.gif
Like dogs, they need to be at least 8 weeks before they can leave home.

It''s really hard to wait that long ... but it''ll be fun watching him grow up through pictures.

That''s too bad you had an unfriendly bunny! But if he was wild, I can see why he wasn''t a good pet. I''m really hoping to get a super friendly mellow bunny that will hang out with us.
I had to give my cats away when I got married. DH is allergic (or so he claims). I am one that needs a pet and I got a dog quickly, but I totally wish I could talk him into another pet. A bunny would be such an interesting addition to the mix.

Then again, who am I kidding. He is never going to let me get a bunny.

I will live vicariously thru you.

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 9:30:01 PM
Author: April20
I had to give my cats away when I got married. DH is allergic (or so he claims). I am one that needs a pet and I got a dog quickly, but I totally wish I could talk him into another pet. A bunny would be such an interesting addition to the mix.

Then again, who am I kidding. He is never going to let me get a bunny.

I will live vicariously thru you.
That made me giggle. Hopefully BF doesn''t read this... or get that idea in his head. I can totally see him claiming he''s allergic to ALL other animals (beside our dog now) if I mention I want one.

Silly boys.
11.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 6:59:45 PM
New picture of my baby bunny. We''re currently throwing around the names Henry, Oscar, and Levi (which would be short for Leviathan, because FI thinks that''s an awesome name for whatever reason
20.gif
)

Can you tell I''m ridiculously excited for my bunny? It''s going to be my puppy substitute since I can''t get a pup for a few more years.
2.gif

OMG you sound just like me! I won''t be able to get a pup for years because of the apartment I''m in (doesn''t allow dogs), really difficult to move, and work schedules when I graduate. Maybe I should get a bunny?? They''re adorable!

Feralpenchant

Shiny_Rock
elrohwen - Yes I do have quite the array of children! Haha, for the most part yes, they all get along. We have a HUGE backyard so the dogs are quite happy. I''ll try to get pictures of my mice tomorrow.

In fact, I''ll list what I have for you
1.gif

Dogs:
Charlie: 10 month old Chihuahua/Rat Terrier mix. (supposedly, but I don''t see the chihuahua in him, I want to do a blood test called the wisdom panel to actually figure out WHAT he is, but don''t have the money laying around for it yet.)

Gizmo: 2 year old full bred Papillon.

Sheiba: 3 year old full bred Shiba Inu. Creative name, I know. In my defense, I didn''t name her.

Capuccino: 7 year old Golden Retriever.

Sammy: (Not pictured) Grumpy old Chihuahua. He''s about 9.

CATS!!:
Zodiac, or Zoey: 2 year old orange tabby. She''s mah baby!

Lissa: 8 year old fuzzball.

Cheerios: (not pictured) 9 year old Russian Blue.

Polka-Dot: (not pictured) 17 year old brown tabby. Mean as sin
3.gif

Other:
Brisby: Albino mouse who was originally bought as food for my bearded dragon. He didn''t eat her, so I adopted her! She''s blind and is quite fiesty.

Poco: Little black and white baby mouse that was given to me as a surprise gift last weekend. She''s so sweet!

Puff: Bearded dragon. I''m not much on lizards, but boyfriend wanted one.

That''s the full list!

I got such a huge response on Zoey that I''ll post another of her hehe. I have literally tons of her.

000_4394.JPG

Feralpenchant

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 6:59:45 PM
New picture of my baby bunny. We''re currently throwing around the names Henry, Oscar, and Levi (which would be short for Leviathan, because FI thinks that''s an awesome name for whatever reason
20.gif
)

Can you tell I''m ridiculously excited for my bunny? It''s going to be my puppy substitute since I can''t get a pup for a few more years.
2.gif

Elrohwen, I forgot to say those bunnies are ADORABLE! I like them all, but I''m really digging that all brown one! Super cute!

all.of.the.above

Rough_Rock
Lil late, but just saw this and thought maybe I'd share as well.

This is Stella Artois aka Mama, our pound puppy. She is 2years old and is a pit bull/boxer mix, 50/50. She was dumped in a dumpster at 12 weeks due to the fact that she was the runt of the litter and wasn't going to make any money for the breeder. She's wearing Doggles in the picture - a hilarious gift from my father.

007.1.jpg

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Def, Maybe, I''ve read that bunnies are generally good with both dogs and cats. Of course some might be afraid ... and some dogs and cats might not get along with the bunny. But generally I hear good things. Some day we''ll get a dog and I''m hoping the bunny and the dog become good friends!

April20, that''s so sad you had to give away your cats! I have cat allergies so I know how he feels, but if FI had a cat when we got together I probably would''ve toughed it out. I will say that I love dogs so much better than cats, so I''m glad you got a dog that you love so much! He''s really cute
5.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl, the more I read about bunnies, the more I like them! If you want some information, rabbit.org has pretty much everything you would need to know. They''re harder to take care of then I would''ve originally guessed, but if you''re ready for a dog and just can''t get one (like me), you''ll be able to care for a bunny.

Feral, you''re so lucky to have so many pets. It''s like your own zoo! I can''t wait to have a house of my own and get more animals. Oh, and does your lizard only eat mice? I had a hard enough time when I owned a lizard and had to feed it crickets ... I don''t think I would be able to feed it mice! I would want to keep them all and make them pets.
1.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
All.of.the.above, your pup is adorable! Haha, love that picture.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/3/2009 9:28:27 PM
Alliegator, this will be my first bunny, so I can''t speak from first hand experience, but from everything I read they are perfect apartment pets. Some people think they are smelly, but actually it''s fairly easy to litter train them (almost as easy as cats) which makes cleaning up easy. They can be trained not to chew on most things (though some bunny proofing is necessary) and can be allowed to roam free. Mine will be kept in a cage at night and while we''re gone (like a dog in a crate) but hopefullly I''ll eventually be able to let him run around a room or two while I''m home. They seem to combine a lot of aspects of dogs and cats (while still being unique pets) and they don''t require walking outside! Gotta love that when you live in an apartment.
Thats what we do, we love our bunny!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/4/2009 2:52:26 PM
He likes clothes. He gets excited when we get them out and prances around after we put them on him.

This is his ''preppy'' outfit.
LOL!! Love his little shirt and sweater!!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 9:01:07 AM
Author: Lorelei

Alliegator, this will be my first bunny, so I can''t speak from first hand experience, but from everything I read they are perfect apartment pets. Some people think they are smelly, but actually it''s fairly easy to litter train them (almost as easy as cats) which makes cleaning up easy. They can be trained not to chew on most things (though some bunny proofing is necessary) and can be allowed to roam free. Mine will be kept in a cage at night and while we''re gone (like a dog in a crate) but hopefullly I''ll eventually be able to let him run around a room or two while I''m home. They seem to combine a lot of aspects of dogs and cats (while still being unique pets) and they don''t require walking outside! Gotta love that when you live in an apartment.
Well, your bunny is adorable! I''d love him too if I were you
5.gif
Your posts helped me decide to get a bunny, so thank you again for taking the time to tell me about life with your bun! It was really helpful.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/5/2009 9:22:07 AM

Date: 3/5/2009 9:01:07 AM

Alliegator, this will be my first bunny, so I can't speak from first hand experience, but from everything I read they are perfect apartment pets. Some people think they are smelly, but actually it's fairly easy to litter train them (almost as easy as cats) which makes cleaning up easy. They can be trained not to chew on most things (though some bunny proofing is necessary) and can be allowed to roam free. Mine will be kept in a cage at night and while we're gone (like a dog in a crate) but hopefullly I'll eventually be able to let him run around a room or two while I'm home. They seem to combine a lot of aspects of dogs and cats (while still being unique pets) and they don't require walking outside! Gotta love that when you live in an apartment.
Well, your bunny is adorable! I'd love him too if I were you
5.gif
Your posts helped me decide to get a bunny, so thank you again for taking the time to tell me about life with your bun! It was really helpful.
Most welcome, I am really pleased for you!! You will have to train him to lay next to you on the bed!
2.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 9:25:19 AM

Most welcome, I am really pleased for you!! You will have to train him to lay next to you on the bed!
2.gif
Haha, I can just see FI''s face when he walks in and I''m cuddling with the bunny in bed. I just hope he doesn''t pee on FI''s pillow or something
11.gif

April20

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 8:59:09 AM
Def, Maybe, I've read that bunnies are generally good with both dogs and cats. Of course some might be afraid ... and some dogs and cats might not get along with the bunny. But generally I hear good things. Some day we'll get a dog and I'm hoping the bunny and the dog become good friends!

April20, that's so sad you had to give away your cats! I have cat allergies so I know how he feels, but if FI had a cat when we got together I probably would've toughed it out. I will say that I love dogs so much better than cats, so I'm glad you got a dog that you love so much! He's really cute
5.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl, the more I read about bunnies, the more I like them! If you want some information, rabbit.org has pretty much everything you would need to know. They're harder to take care of then I would've originally guessed, but if you're ready for a dog and just can't get one (like me), you'll be able to care for a bunny.

Feral, you're so lucky to have so many pets. It's like your own zoo! I can't wait to have a house of my own and get more animals. Oh, and does your lizard only eat mice? I had a hard enough time when I owned a lizard and had to feed it crickets ... I don't think I would be able to feed it mice! I would want to keep them all and make them pets.
1.gif
Yeah, well on top of his allergies we had a little issue called "He HATES cats". I mean hates them. I LOVE cats. There was really no happy medium. I started asking around and my MIL also asked around and she found a lady that had just lost her cats in the last year due to old age and was looking for adult cats. They got a great home, so I at least feel better knowing they are probably more spoiled than when I had them.

When we were moving into our current house a few months ago, I asked DH if I could get an "outside" kitty, fully intending to sneak it in the house, get his allergies used to it and turn it into an inside kitty. He said no, he knew I would just sneak it into the house.... Plan foiled.

April20

Ideal_Rock
Feralpenchant: I LOVE your orange kitty!!!! My first kitten was an orange tabby that my Dad and step-mom got me when I was three. His name was Popeye. Ever since I had that cat, I have always wanted another one. That's pretty much not going to happen.
8.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/5/2009 9:41:28 AM

Date: 3/5/2009 9:25:19 AM

2.gif
Haha, I can just see FI''s face when he walks in and I''m cuddling with the bunny in bed. I just hope he doesn''t pee on FI''s pillow or something
11.gif
LOL!!!! When bunnies go pp, they GO pp....Well mine does anyway!
31.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 1:39:48 PM
Yeah, well on top of his allergies we had a little issue called ''He HATES cats''. I mean hates them. I LOVE cats. There was really no happy medium. I started asking around and my MIL also asked around and she found a lady that had just lost her cats in the last year due to old age and was looking for adult cats. They got a great home, so I at least feel better knowing they are probably more spoiled than when I had them.

When we were moving into our current house a few months ago, I asked DH if I could get an ''outside'' kitty, fully intending to sneak it in the house, get his allergies used to it and turn it into an inside kitty. He said no, he knew I would just sneak it into the house.... Plan foiled.
Aww, that''s too bad. I''m not a cat lover (and I''m kind of anti-cat) but even I can find it in my heart to love certain cats, based on personality.

Your DH reminds me of my high school gym teacher/driver''s ed instructor. He used to "joke" (I''m not sure if it really was a joke) that you would automatically pass the test if you ran over a cat
23.gif
6.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/5/2009 2:14:27 AM
Okay I''m done lol.
BEAUTIFUL little cat!!!!

April20

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 2:00:29 PM

Date: 3/5/2009 1:39:48 PM
Yeah, well on top of his allergies we had a little issue called ''He HATES cats''. I mean hates them. I LOVE cats. There was really no happy medium. I started asking around and my MIL also asked around and she found a lady that had just lost her cats in the last year due to old age and was looking for adult cats. They got a great home, so I at least feel better knowing they are probably more spoiled than when I had them.

When we were moving into our current house a few months ago, I asked DH if I could get an ''outside'' kitty, fully intending to sneak it in the house, get his allergies used to it and turn it into an inside kitty. He said no, he knew I would just sneak it into the house.... Plan foiled.
Aww, that''s too bad. I''m not a cat lover (and I''m kind of anti-cat) but even I can find it in my heart to love certain cats, based on personality.

Your DH reminds me of my high school gym teacher/driver''s ed instructor. He used to ''joke'' (I''m not sure if it really was a joke) that you would automatically pass the test if you ran over a cat
23.gif
6.gif
Yep, that''s pretty much him. He says he wil aim at them with the car if they are on the road, though in all honesty, he would never purposely harm an animal of any kind, even ones he hates. He just likes to talk trash.

April20

Ideal_Rock
I''m leaving to go get my puplet from the groomer. I will have to post a new picture of him when I get back and he''s all pretty.

April20

Ideal_Rock
Crazy boy is back from the groomer and all cleaned up!

DSC05086.JPG

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 3:19:35 PM
Crazy boy is back from the groomer and all cleaned up!
Haha, so cute! I grew up with schnauzers and we used to trim their fur all over and leave the ears long like that; they looked just like your pup! Well, except for the smile that yours is making at the camera; they never did that!

April20

Ideal_Rock
He smiles AND he has an underbite to boot! He''s a goofball.

He''s been running around the house since I brought him home on "patrol", making sure we weren''t invaded while he was gone. He''s also been fiercely protecting me from my husband coming in the room. Heaven forbid that happen!

Feralpenchant

Shiny_Rock
Elrohwen: My lizard eats anything from kale, carrots, crickets, to mice. He was given to us by my boyfriend''s older brother who didn''t have enough time for the lizard, apparently they''re quite social and need handling to be happy. When he was in BF brother''s care, he reportedly did eat mice. So we got him one when we brought him here, but he won''t touch any mice we offer. I am a huge fan of snakes, I want a ball python more than I can explain to you haha. I''m fine with feeding mice to snakes, it''s sad, but that''s how the world turns. My PET mice, on the other hand.. I would die if I had to feed them to a snake. It''s all about not getting emotionally involved!

Thanks Lorelei and April20 for the compliments on my baby! I love orange tabbies too! Most orange cats are male, and that''s what it said on her certificate when I adopted her at 13wks from PetsMart, but I double checked, and lo and behold, it''s a girl! Not exactly a genetic misfire like a calico male, but it is uncommon!

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Just checking out the thread for the first time....

I was shocked when I saw the Shiba! I have a shiba also and he''s very similarly colored to your shiba--which I never see!

I''ll have to get some pictures together.

I have my Shiba Inu (Tybalt), a Beagle (Sydney) who stay with their grandparents now (they have the yard that my doggies love). In my apartment we have two kittens. Sophie and Bones (we got them in December).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results