shape
carat
color
clarity

Fun fashion brooches

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Indeed! We need to bring back the brooch love! Thank you. My collection/obsession started with my Christmas pins. I found that it was so much easier to wear a brooch on a sweater during the winter than my pendants. Once Christmas was over though there still was a heck of a lot of winter left so I started collecting other ones. The past couple years I have branched out into "real" ones to the dismay of my wallet. :lol: But I still can't pass by a Christmas one.

@Catmom, I...um...bought you one after I started reading this thread; I just wanted to add to your collection! It came a few days ago, but I decided that it wasn't good enough, so I deleted the photo I had posted here for about 3 minutes. But I'm now keeping my eye out!

(and no - I'm not going to show you - I feel silly now! But I'm a-lookin'!)

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Catmom, I...um...bought you one after I started reading this thread; I just wanted to add to your collection! It came a few days ago, but I decided that it wasn't good enough, so I deleted the photo I had posted here for about 3 minutes. But I'm now keeping my eye out!

(and no - I'm not going to show you - I feel silly now! But I'm a-lookin'!)

Mrs_b that's so nice of you to think of me but you really shouldn't. You should have a Christmas collection! Holly pins I think. I want to see how many variations you can find, lol.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I purchased this rhinestone brooch on eBay many years ago. I wore it in my hair for my wedding, and my sister wore it in hers at her wedding. It holds a lot of sentimental value now.

F3241787-C1AE-4B27-880B-5FC0B64E340F.jpeg

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I purchased this rhinestone brooch on eBay many years ago. I wore it in my hair for my wedding, and my sister wore it in hers at her wedding. It holds a lot of sentimental value now.

It’s so pretty!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My notifications stopped for this post(?) so forgive me while I catch up on old posts tomorrow

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's beautiful and I love that both you and your sister wore it for your weddings. How special!

shoechick

Shiny_Rock
D81D912F-B699-4D5B-9C33-790A5E33B9F0.jpeg 89C3B951-9C53-4E18-A5D4-31884D4D6F70.jpeg
Hi all you brooch lovers!!:wavey:

I have this Bauer brooch and I not sure how to clean it. Suggestions?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
D81D912F-B699-4D5B-9C33-790A5E33B9F0.jpeg 89C3B951-9C53-4E18-A5D4-31884D4D6F70.jpeg
Hi all you brooch lovers!!:wavey:

I have this Bauer brooch and I not sure how to clean it. Suggestions?

Oh I really like that! Perfect for Valentines Day. I clean mine the same way I do my real jewelry, a baby toothbrush and some Dawn dish washing soap. Rinse off and blow dry. I haven't lost any stones this way yet. Be gentle with the scrubbing.

shoechick

Shiny_Rock
:twisted2::twisted2::twisted2:
Oh I really like that! Perfect for Valentines Day. I clean mine the same way I do my real jewelry, a baby toothbrush and some Dawn dish washing soap. Rinse off and blow dry. I haven't lost any stones this way yet. Be gentle with the scrubbing.
Thanks @Catmom! I wasn’t sure if that was ok with the rhinestones. But now that I think about it, they aren’t foil backed so should be ok.

I bought this brooch to give to my mom as a gift because she likes hearts and heart jewelry. But she doesn’t wear brooches whereas I do and I really liked it so I kept it. I know, bad!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:twisted2::twisted2::twisted2:
Thanks @Catmom! I wasn’t sure if that was ok with the rhinestones. But now that I think about it, they aren’t foil backed so should be ok.

I bought this brooch to give to my mom as a gift because she likes hearts and heart jewelry. But she doesn’t wear brooches whereas I do and I really liked it so I kept it. I know, bad!
LOL, I wouldn't say keeping it was bad at all, lol.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm, speaking of bad, I told myself I wasn't going to buy any more Christmas pins. Then the Smithsonian just had to have a Christmas in July sale..........so guess what just came?

IMG_3966[1].jpg
IMG_3971[1].jpg

Oh yeah, those Christmas bangles came too, lol.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
20E27680-AED9-4852-9D58-329F209F93ED.jpeg
I love this thread so here is my contribution :mrgreen2:

Oh I love it!! I really like how they did the body. I used to have a few stick pins. Hmm, I wonder where they ended up? I may have to look around, lol.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
147A77E6-150A-4E64-B5C9-BCD548435175.jpeg
F5382D30-838E-47EA-B395-113C13729F66.jpeg I bought this today in a little vintage shop. I thought this would be great for those black Fall and Winter tops and sweaters. I just love the moonstone like abdomen!

Oh that's awesome! I love it. It will really pop on a black sweater.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that's awesome! I love it. It will really pop on a black sweater.
Thank you so much! This is my first fashion brooch which I’ve ‘had to have!’ I saw it yesterday and couldn’t stop thinking about it, so I had to go back.

I used to have a huge rhinestone silvery star brooch which was borrowed by one of my girls and that’s the last time I saw it. That was my first, but with this one, I can tell that it will not be my last. :)

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much! This is my first fashion brooch which I’ve ‘had to have!’ I saw it yesterday and couldn’t stop thinking about it, so I had to go back.

I used to have a huge rhinestone silvery star brooch which was borrowed by one of my girls and that’s the last time I saw it. That was my first, but with this one, I can tell that it will not be my last. :)

Oh it's such a slippery slope, lol. There is a store on Sanibel Island that I love to go to because they have the largest collection of vintage brooches I've ever seen. I can spend hours there looking at each one.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh it's such a slippery slope, lol. There is a store on Sanibel Island that I love to go to because they have the largest collection of vintage brooches I've ever seen. I can spend hours there looking at each one.
It would be a favorite place of mine too. I love seeing the older world glamor and styles of the past, and brooches have such unique and fun expressions in them. It seems to me that some of the most playful and dramatic themes have been expressed in brooches. Rings tend to be more serious with focus on longevity, earrings as tie together pieces, and necklaces as sentimental pieces....( of course exceptions to this), but in brooches, fun and whimsy seem to rule.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It seems another one followed me home from Sanibel. I have to stop going there. There are not enough days between Thanksgiving and Christmas to wear all these brooches but does that stop me? Nooooooooooooooooo! I love this one because it's different.

IMG_4658[1].jpg

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous! I love the gold with the greenery on top.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
found it !
i brought this for $20 from a charity shop
i pinned it to something in my wardrobe and then promply forgot about it
luckery i found it when we moved 20190510_180105.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
found it !
i brought this for $20 from a charity shop
i pinned it to something in my wardrobe and then promply forgot about it
luckery i found it when we moved 20190510_180105.jpg

Glad you found it! Lovely!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hubby got this one for my birthday. Tsavorite, MOP and Abelone. He's pretty cool!

IMG_5181.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
what do you have?

I’ll post mine tomorrow

was i sleep when you started this tread ?

:lol-2:

maybe i had not joined PS yet ??
edited
nope
just forgot
i must say i was a bit stingy with the like button back in 2018 :roll2:

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
so anyway ive woken this thread up:dance:

the poor old brooch is so neglected these days:(2
it doesnt help we no longer have the Queen's weekly visits to church to look forward to either :cry2::(2
And its always quite hard to find the right thread:sleep:
i do try really hard to choose the right sub forum and abide by the rules :read::saint:

so anyway it took so long to get here i almost forgot to post why im here :wall:
but i have been a very bad girl:doh:
see im not a crazy cat woman :lol-2:
but i seem to now have my own cat colony :lol-2:
but ive taken a fancy to AJC's cute little cat brooches
they are much too well made to be labeled junk jewlery and from what ive seen on the internet they are collectable
but
well
i had a bit of a splurge :lol-2:
see it happened because ive gone soooooo long only buying groceries and paying bills:boohoo:
i needed some fun :appl:

and yes, the $$$ should be going toward pearls and all my repair and alteration list:rodent:
but i worked sooooooo hard last week at work my entire body ached for days so i bl**dy well deserved it:shock:
(yes i know im ment to be saving for a new washing machine:()

........ok also if i must confess the truth i also brought some small pieces of royal family commerative china .....:doh:

so back to the cats from JJ JOnnette/AJC
i brought three last xmas
2 xmas ones and one other non xmas one
i think they are puewter
not sure what the 'gold' ones are made off (gold coloured paint?)

and now i find quite a few of them on trade me (NZ Ebay)
i google to see what they are going for on etsy and never pay more
now i need to go on a diet so ill be cold this winter and want to wear coats :lol-2:
1700500925.jpg

1766166198.jpg

1766168909.jpg
1889039174.jpg

oh and another one is waiting for the auction to close in the next hour :lol-2:

Last edited:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for waking up this thread, @Daisys and Diamonds !
Here are some of my favorites.
The pink one is Lisner. The pearl and green enamel is Francois. The others are unmarked.
IMG_20230111_212435712.jpg

In this photo below, the golden colored rhinestone pin is Weiss, and the bow shaped pin is Miriam Haskell. It's always exciting to find pins with the good collectible names! The sterling filigree blue and white one is Delft. The others are unmarked.
I especially like the bar pins. They are over 100 years old, with paste stones.
IMG_20230111_213944483~2.jpg

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results