shape
carat
color
clarity

Frustrated... new project

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
So... depending on a few factors I may be getting a new diamond pendant in a couple of months (end of April- early May time period). John wants to get me a something for our 10 year dating anniversary (last we are celebrating now that we are married) and as a celebration of some other things.

But I can't find what I'm looking for. Any I'm hoping you all may be able to help me.

Budget 1200 MAX (but preferably under 1000 and IDEALLY something around 750), but the budget isn't really important, because I'm willing to go custom if it's a piece that is designer and overpriced as a result... and completely willing to tweak designs enough to make custom work.

Here's what I'm looking for, and in this case my desciption is as important as the pictures (though those will help obviously) because while the pics all have something I like, none of them are right.

1. I want the pendant to be about the size of a quarter.

2. I want bail to be hidden or very delicate and decorative.

3. I don't want an vintage looking pendant. I want shiny metal. I don't want pave, I want small bezeled groups of diamonds. I want to see metal. Delicate shiny metal. Like the way the Tiffany Swing diamonds are set in this piece.

19489892_M_OVER_1.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
And this one:

18386844_M_OVER_1.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Or this one:

19147274_M_OVER_1.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
But I want a design like this (again, no millgrain or twisted wire) and in WHITE METAL (sorry didn't state that earlier). The size/scale of it and the detail. And the amount of blingage is just right.

This one is the closest I've found to what I want. The stones are set right, and the scale, design and intricacy is just right. But it's not white metal, and it's got the milgrain/twised rope metal going on that I don't want.

solomon brothers 700.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Or like this (although I'd want more diamonds in the outiside ring instead of twisted metal, and I'd be happy with a cluster at the heart instead of one larger diamond). Again, white metal. I like cover/ alhambra outline pendants and am drawn to them. This one is by Leslie Greene, so it's (IMO) overpriced for what it is. Pretty bail.

leslie-greene-emilia-medallion-pendant_1.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the shapes of this pendant (but don't love the clutter of the onyx and the colored stones and eveything together, also don't want pave) in terms of overall design and the bezeled cluster at the heart (center) of the pendant. Don't like the bail.

273270.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d to see what you guys come up with... even if some detail of it isn''t right (color of metal, milgrain, size)... cause again, not adverse to going custom (and actually I assume I''m going to need to).

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I can imagine it with some color too. (gemstones)

gi_WF-4155_m.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d actually forgot about that pendant. I''ve always felt... surprised by that one. I feel like I should want it, and like it, but I think it''s not geometric enough for me. I don''t know how to explain it. Too many curves, not enough points. Have no idea if that makes sense to anyone but me. :(

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here are a couple I've considered.

This one is very pretty. Nice size. With the right stones and polish, might work. It does have pave, but the clusters of the bezel set larger stones are really pretty. http://www.adwar.com/products/styles/C11445/view

This one have the round and marquise bezels I want, high polish. Can't decide if I think it looks too much like a wreath. I'd prefer something not empty in the middle. And I would need a very different bail. Completely different bail.

http://www.adwar.com/products/styles/C12044/view

But they are both so ... round. LMAO.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stumped everyone it seems...
28.gif

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Gypsy,

This is not the right color (since it is yellow gold, no idea but maybe it is available in white gold too?) and it may not be symmetric enough in design, but thought I would post it anyway since it''s around the right size you are looking for. I believe it is 24mm. About 0.60 points in diamonds.

Kroshka

diamond_pendant.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 12:10:04 AM
Author: kroshka
Hi Gypsy,

This is not the right color (since it is yellow gold, no idea but maybe it is available in white gold too?) and it may not be symmetric enough in design, but thought I would post it anyway since it's around the right size you are looking for. I believe it is 24mm. About 0.60 points in diamonds.

Kroshka

Actually it's organic and has two paisleys, shiny metal and an interesting bail. I'm a fan.
1.gif
Nice find Kroshka, I appreciate it. I hadn't seen that one before.

I did spend some more time tolling to net for pendants, found some others that I like aspects of. So I thought I'd post them in here anyway. If nothing else it's a place to collect my thoughts and see what I come up with.

If this one weren't hallow it would be quite nice for me, although it's a bit boring. It's got pave, but it also has the bezels I want. And it's not a circle, it's got a scalloped outline I appreciate. And it's got a hidden bail. In white metal and the size I want.

94193.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very much a circle and definitely got pave, but it's contemporary, unique, it's got a nice amount of metal showing and the bail area really sets it apart. I'd just worry about it being too delicate. Will have to think about this one some more.

97405.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
This one is Edwardian almost and it's yellow metal. But I quite like the scale, detail, diamond amount, the fact that it's not a circle. It's very nicely executed and I would of course eliminate the milgrain. I would just want the pendant with an invisible bail though, or something with a smaller bezeled round and a bail, not the full necklace. I'd also do a cluster of diamonds at the heart (like the heart of the onyx and pink pendant) instead of such a large diamond to save money.

101626.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m thinking of the central piece of this by itself. I''d modify the first inner circle to be solid metal instead of pave. Flip the connections to the second inner circle from metal to bezeled rounds, and then do the second circle as solid metal again. And in the heart, the single diamond. Or something, I''d have to sketch that one out. Overall, it''s a little ornate for me. But it''s got a lot I can work with. Hidden bail.

113923_oth1.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Meh. It's got elements I like... shiny metal and bezeled diamonds. But it's not well executed. This is more a 'what to avoid' pendant. Because it has many of the things I want, but leaves me cold. The bail is just flat out contradictory too, it's like a fleur de lis which is baffling with the contemporary finish of the pendant.

113374_oth1.jpg

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Ohh, I like the gold one (with 3 parts). I am not a fan of the Christmas wreath styles but this one is quite pretty and full.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love this. Really do. Pricey little sucker. Love the organic, wavey, flowy design with the near-paisley shapes in an eternity. Not a huge fan of all that pave, but it's so well executed it just makes my heart go pitter patter. Don't like the things on the chain though, but that's easily fixed.

c315.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
This one... in the right size. With bezeled rounds where the clover points meet the diamond, and with something right in the hallow heart... it would be arresting. But the one above still has my heart, I think. If I could just get bezels and more metal in that design above.

113403.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 12:32:23 AM
Author: EBree
Is this close?

Diamond Flower Pendant

Definitely close! Smaller bail, or no bail. More metal, and larger (perhaps another outer layer with more metal less pave) and I could to save money, eliminate the prongs set for rounds around the heart. It''s got a lot I like about it (and a nice amount of diamonds, nothing to sneeze at!).

Thank you Ebree!!! More food for thought.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay... so. Didn''t accomplish anything... need to see what I get out of this accumulation of designs.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

You'd think I'd love that right? The outer circle and the bail... a little stiff for me. Though, it's got a lot of elements I love (plus a large honking ACA diamond). And I think Kroshka was right about my desire for symmetry. I do seem to prefer that.

Swingirl, I know... I like it a lot too. Which I could see it finished. It's really got a LOT of potential. Without that bail.

E B

Ideal_Rock
This is eight times your budget, but possibly good for inspiration? I think it''s stunning.

charleskrypellpendant.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 1:22:48 AM
Author: EBree
This is eight times your budget, but possibly good for inspiration? I think it's stunning.
im%20in%20luuuurve.gif
OY! Insprire me to sell my car and buy that. LMAO. Stunning. Great find. Just amazing.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
John likes this one best. And I think my favorites so far are, in order of preference:

1. White metal, no milgrain. Crisper execution. Larger cluster of diamonds at heart.
solomon%20brothers%20700.jpg

2. Assuming it could be done in budget and altered enough to avoid copyright issues
c315.jpg

3. Simplified. Get rid of majority of pave. Replace with high polish metal and bezeled clusters.

charleskrypellpendant.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
And this is number 4:

APD-7930.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results