shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW From Ring to Necklace and Back to Ring.. the Tale of the Traveling Pear.. My New Reset!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:read: Once upon time there was a 2.65 pear that was set in a ring.. then 20 years later it was turned into a necklace and then last month was reset into my fabulous new ring!
In February my daughter had seen a yellow gold bezel set old cut pear on Ashley Zhang's instagram.
We both adored it immediately. It was so simple.. so different.. so captivating.
We also knew that I had a pear stone just sitting in a box waiting for its time to shine in a new creation.
DD and I visited Ashley Zhang in New York and it was a lovely experience. I left the pear necklace and she began her work.
Ashley sent me pix all along the way to keep up with the progress which took about a month from beginning to end.
Without further ado.. drumroll please..
:wavey:First.. the original ring and the necklace.
. B80668C3-2903-4297-AF0A-94FF63469D69.jpeg CCFE4EF6-BD97-4FAA-9658-074FBF53F1D1.jpeg

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: And here is the final product.. it's just perfect.
I love that it is so low set and understated. I love the fine milgrain on the inside of the bezel. I love that it "whispers" instead of "screams." I love the matching plain band too.
Thank you for sharing the pear and the smiles dear PS pals!
E2BC96A7-179E-48B1-BF90-49C6386E3C7E.jpeg
3BFF0829-D6B8-421A-ABD8-37427F3713FC.jpeg C80BB07A-2D3C-470C-AF30-42677202C81D.jpeg C8998486-F0A5-42C3-AF29-4CF4DB205ED7.jpeg

Last edited:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Daaaaaang that’s gorgeous!
:love:

Thank you for showing the journey and process, too!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She’s home :love:

OMG @Rubies-R-Me I love a pear in a bezel. The absolute best way to highlight the shape fluidly and seamlessly, I always think!! And this pear has such a pretty shape… And she’s beautiful on your hand ❤️

Gotta say though, she’s whispering pretty dang loudly to me here :bigsmile: Gorgeous!!
1648045858234.jpeg

Rubies I want to play in your jewellery box!! Can we get some updated family pics? :bigsmile:

@Missie1’s gotta see this!!

Bishbunch

Rough_Rock
Modern and elegant! Well done!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice upgrade on the setting. Understated elegance...exactly what I like in a ring!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Daaaaaang that’s gorgeous!
:love:

Thank you for showing the journey and process, too!

Oh thanks Rfisher! I chuckled at "Daaaaang" I say that all the time! Love the movie "Joe Dirt." :love:
She’s home :love:

OMG @Rubies-R-Me I love a pear in a bezel. The absolute best way to highlight the shape fluidly and seamlessly, I always think!! And this pear has such a pretty shape… And she’s beautiful on your hand ❤️

Gotta say though, she’s whispering pretty dang loudly to me here :bigsmile: Gorgeous!!
1648045858234.jpeg

Rubies I want to play in your jewellery box!! Can we get some updated family pics? :bigsmile:

@Missie1’s gotta see this!!

Thanks so much Yssie!! I think your collection is AMAZING too! I smiled about "whispering pretty dang loudly!" Another dang! :love:
And yes.. a family pic soon.. I will try over the weekend.:D
Modern and elegant! Well done!

Modern and elegant is just what I was going for! Thanks so much Bishbunch. :love:
Nice upgrade on the setting. Understated elegance...exactly what I like in a ring!

Hi tyty333! Understated is my favorite thing about the ring. Thanks so much! :love:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, Rubies.... I absolutely love it :kiss2: The diamond looks so much brighter in its new home & the shape is so clear!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Love the reset! Can we have an updated collection pic-pretty please? You have SO many fabulous choices-how do you choose which rock ring to wear in the morning? :D

upgradingmama

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I LOVE this! That pear is definitely at home. I have a ring from my husband's grandmother that needs to be reset and this is my new inspiration pic :)

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that setting really brings your stone to life! It was beautiful before, but now it has Presence with a capital P. I also love how understated the setting is - really lets the stone shine and speak for itself!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
what a lovely and sleek setting. That milgrain is just TDF!

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Love the journey to such a beautiful reset. It is gorgeous and looks perfect on your hand.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, Rubies.... I absolutely love it :kiss2: The diamond looks so much brighter in its new home & the shape is so clear!
Hi Ally T! Yes.. I agree about the shape. It really accents the delicate curves. Thanks so much. :love:

Love the reset! Can we have an updated collection pic-pretty please? You have SO many fabulous choices-how do you choose which rock ring to wear in the morning? :D
Hi lulu_ma! Thanks so much! And yes.. will get a good family pic and post it soon. :love:

I LOVE this! That pear is definitely at home. I have a ring from my husband's grandmother that needs to be reset and this is my new inspiration pic :)

Hi upgradingmama! That is a true compliment. I'm so glad that is an inspiration pic for you! Thanks! :love:
Wow, that setting really brings your stone to life! It was beautiful before, but now it has Presence with a capital P. I also love how understated the setting is - really lets the stone shine and speak for itself!
Hi KristyDarling! Yes.. I totally agree. So happy that the setting really showcases the stone by being so understated. I am still LOVING your 3 stone.. one day one for me. Thanks so much! :love:
what a lovely and sleek setting. That milgrain is just TDF!
Hi lovedogs! It's funny.. I didn't really see the milgrain well until I took a pic on my phone and blew it up. So happy with it. Thanks so much!! :love:

Love the journey to such a beautiful reset. It is gorgeous and looks perfect on your hand.
Hi Farleysmom! Thank you so much for your sweet compliments and for joining me on the journey. :love:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

What a stunner! :kiss2: :kiss2: I can understand why you were drawn to this elegant setting--and the milgrain is sublime! Great reset decision!!

cheers--Sharon

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
:love: Basket shots! Basket. Shots. I need to see it :shock:

I love the yellow gold bezel! I think this stone was just screaming for a YG setting and the milgrain bezel looks stunning. It’s a gorgeous ring!!! What colour is the pear?

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
Soo gorgeous!! I adore bezel set and low set and wow that fine milgraining is so pretty

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know, @Rubies-R-Me... I think that ring is SCREAMING!! ...all good things though. :cool2:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness I love this! So elegant and fluid and clean-lined. Its perfection!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

What a stunner! :kiss2: :kiss2: I can understand why you were drawn to this elegant setting--and the milgrain is sublime! Great reset decision!!

cheers--Sharon
:wavey:Aww.. Sharon.. you are always the sweetest and have the best vocab too! Love the description of elegant and sublime. You just summed up my feeling on the reset! Thank you (as always) for ALL your amazing compliments.:love:
:love: Basket shots! Basket. Shots. I need to see it :shock:

:wavey:Hi It'sMainelyYou!
Basket shots coming right up!!:dance:
I love the yellow gold bezel! I think this stone was just screaming for a YG setting and the milgrain bezel looks stunning. It’s a gorgeous ring!!! What colour is the pear?

:wavey:Hi AllAboardTheBlingTrain!
Thanks so much for your sweet compliments! The stone is an I color. Set in white it looks very white.. set in yellow it now looks very warm. I love the new look too!
Soo gorgeous!! I adore bezel set and low set and wow that fine milgraining is so pretty

:wavey:Hi e2the3rd!
Thank you so much for your sweet words about my new ring. I love the low set as it almost feels like it's not on. Most comfortable solitaire I have ever worn.:love:
I don't know, @Rubies-R-Me... I think that ring is SCREAMING!! ...all good things though. :cool2:
:wavey:Hi msop04!
Haahaaaaa! Maybe not whispering.. maybe speaking loudly but not shouting?
Your post gave me a chuckle.. thank you so much!!:love:

Just gorgeous! I think it's found it's forever home!

:wavey:Hi Catmom!
Thank you so much for your sweet compliments. Yes.. I do think it's moved to the perfect neighborhood to stay put for a while.:lol:

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
It’s BEAUTIFUL! Love the profile, the bezel, the milgrain… just gorgeous!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your reset! your “traveling pear” is beautiful! That bezel solitaire is simple elegance!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much! LOVE it, love it. :love:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is SO beautiful! It looks perfect on your hand! It's *exactly* the sort of clean, crisp, but soft-looking bezel I love and it looks beautifully made. The wedding band with it is also perfect.

Wear in happiness and good health always, @Rubies-R-Me!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results