shape
carat
color
clarity

From Halo to Solitaire... Who's been happy with it?

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
m-2-b, it looks so dang white! Do you ever notice any tint at all?? Gosh, yours and Bliss's rings just kill me -- they're breathtaking!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bump

Anyone else? :)) :))

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really love solitaires for engagement rings :) No ifs or buts, just plain, "simple" and clean. And very classic in my opinion :) Besides, a bigger diamond is always a bigger diamond.. :love: With 2 kids, I don't wear my halo rings nearly as much as the solitaires. Solitaires are much more practical, and mine are fine to wear even for skiing, hiking, etc.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
msop04|1455043006|3988913 said:
diamondseeker2006|1455036328|3988852 said:
Since you mentioned Diamonds Direct, I wanted to tell you that I went there with someone in Charlotte to do an upgrade. She searched virtual inventories and found the diamond she wanted them to call in. She had a price comp from a very low cost vendor. So they called in the stone she wanted and matched the price. You have been around long enough that you probably don't need any help, but I'd be happy to help you when you are ready!

Thank you, DS! That's good to know about the online stones... and, yes, I may just call on you for your expertise! :))

I've asked them to get some online stones in for me to look at, and I know they can do it -- but they don't necessarily like to. :rolleyes: I spoke with the VP yesterday, and he was giving all kinds of reasons (i.e. excuses) as to why the online stones may be less expensive. He even said that they may even have a brown tint, which I know isn't true when I can see pics, videos, ASET and other documents for them... but I just said okay. :rolleyes: I'm going to see what they come up with.

I let them know my out of pocket budget and they seemed confident they could find an I/eye clean stone in the 9.5mm range. I hope so. If they simply cannot, I will really push them to call in a stone from online. It's a shame my old SA isn't with them anymore. He truly bent over backwards to help me when we bought my ering. We got one hell of a deal with him! I'm tied to DD, but I'm lucky they'll give me 110% back on my stone. I feel confident they can find something, but if not... well, I'll just stay hopeful and give them a chance for now.

I am going in Thursday to see 5-6 stones. **fingers crossed**

Ohhh, very exciting!!!! Fingers definitely crossed!!! I am certain they can find you a great one. Just don't settle!

Did you give them cut parameters by chance? These are the ones I use:

table: 54-58

depth: 60-62.3

crown angle: 34-35.0 (but up to 35.5 can work when pa is 40.6)

pavilion angle: 40.6-41.0

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandinavian|1455128205|3989384 said:
I really love solitaires for engagement rings :) No ifs or buts, just plain, "simple" and clean. And very classic in my opinion :) Besides, a bigger diamond is always a bigger diamond.. :love: With 2 kids, I don't wear my halo rings nearly as much as the solitaires. Solitaires are much more practical, and mine are fine to wear even for skiing, hiking, etc.

Thanks for your input, Scandi! My first love was a six prong Tiffany solitaire! :love: I love the sleek, smooth lines and how they go just as well with your best LBD as they do with an old tshirt and shorts! ...very versatile and practical, for sure! :))

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1455135431|3989457 said:
msop04|1455043006|3988913 said:
diamondseeker2006|1455036328|3988852 said:
Since you mentioned Diamonds Direct, I wanted to tell you that I went there with someone in Charlotte to do an upgrade. She searched virtual inventories and found the diamond she wanted them to call in. She had a price comp from a very low cost vendor. So they called in the stone she wanted and matched the price. You have been around long enough that you probably don't need any help, but I'd be happy to help you when you are ready!

Thank you, DS! That's good to know about the online stones... and, yes, I may just call on you for your expertise! :))

I've asked them to get some online stones in for me to look at, and I know they can do it -- but they don't necessarily like to. :rolleyes: I spoke with the VP yesterday, and he was giving all kinds of reasons (i.e. excuses) as to why the online stones may be less expensive. He even said that they may even have a brown tint, which I know isn't true when I can see pics, videos, ASET and other documents for them... but I just said okay. :rolleyes: I'm going to see what they come up with.

I let them know my out of pocket budget and they seemed confident they could find an I/eye clean stone in the 9.5mm range. I hope so. If they simply cannot, I will really push them to call in a stone from online. It's a shame my old SA isn't with them anymore. He truly bent over backwards to help me when we bought my ering. We got one hell of a deal with him! I'm tied to DD, but I'm lucky they'll give me 110% back on my stone. I feel confident they can find something, but if not... well, I'll just stay hopeful and give them a chance for now.

I am going in Thursday to see 5-6 stones. **fingers crossed**

Ohhh, very exciting!!!! Fingers definitely crossed!!! I am certain they can find you a great one. Just don't settle!

Did you give them cut parameters by chance? These are the ones I use:

table: 54-58

depth: 60-62.3

crown angle: 34-35.0 (but up to 35.5 can work when pa is 40.6)

pavilion angle: 40.6-41.0

Hey DS! Don't worry -- I won't settle! If I'm getting rid of my sweet halo, then the new simpler setter has to hold a spectacular diamond! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I didn't give them cut parameters per se (I told them I want GIA XXX... they don't carry that many AGS stones) bc I've found that it's best to see what they come up with first before narrowing the search. I will certainly keep my cheat sheet with me for reference. My current stone isn't "PS-perfect" (60/60 and HCA 2.7), and I certainly love it... so I would hate to miss out on a stone at a great price that just happened to be a little out of Ideal range, KWIM? But, yes, I plan to get a little better cut on my upgrade... I love fatter arrows as compared to thinner ones. I'm still open to 60/60 stones, as I quite like the white light return when the stone isn't icy white! :halo:

I have also reached out to IDJ... I've explained my current situation to them (and my Diamonds Direct upgrade offer) and told them my max budget out of pocket for the upgrade. They may be able to get me a deal (I'm interested in the U-113, and DD doesn't carry Vatche anymore) with the trade of my stone. I have got to send them my paperwork tomorrow. 8) 8)

We shall see... I will keep you posted!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can see some tint when I have it next to my F/G colored pieces, but o/w the color is "white" enough for me in most environments. I'd rather sacrifice size for icy white color, personally.

I think the Vatche U-113 would be very nice for you! Did you also look at my old VC Gabriella setting?

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
m-2-b|1455151673|3989573 said:
I can see some tint when I have it next to my F/G colored pieces, but o/w the color is "white" enough for me in most environments. I'd rather sacrifice size for icy white color, personally. :confused:

I think the Vatche U-113 would be very nice for you! Did you also look at my old VC Gabriella setting?

Do you mean you'd rather have a smaller, whiter stone as opposed to a larger, lower color stone? (since you have a HUGE I color ACA) :love:
I did see your VC setting -- very nice! ...I'm just a sucker for a knife edge. :halo:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results