shape
carat
color
clarity

From 1.60 H to 1.98 G to 2.58 I! My Whiteflash ACA journey

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
You have amazing taste! Congrats and enjoy!

Thank you! That’s very kind of you.

amazing ring and stone!!! well done! enjoy it!

I am so enjoying it!

Gorgeous! And so white looking! I love the setting you designed...great upgrade!

Thanks so much! I am just thrilled with it!

Yep, yep, yep...videos are great and confirm: a beautiful stone, and a fabulous setting! Well done.

I’m glad you liked the videos! They were blurry at first. I hope they aren’t still blurry. I don’t get YouTube sometimes

It’s gorgeous!! Enjoy this beauty!

I will. Thank you!

Just gorgeous, perfect carat weight too. Enjoy wearing that beautiful rock

Thank you. I think 2.5 is good. I’m done. For now.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much. I think I am finally done. When my hubby got me a 1.6, I never dreamed I'd be sitting at a 2.58! And not so soon, either. To be fair, I've been with him for 16 years and married for 1.5 years of that. So technically I am 16 years in so all these upgrades are OK. Haha.

Yes, thank goodness for doggos. I don't know what I would have done and was desperate to feel better. We also started fostering dogs with the humane society and that has helped so much as well - we're so glad we're fostering! It is such a joy.

Your ring is beautiful and I am glad you are enjoying it so much! I never thought I'd end up with a 2.5 stone either but here I am - lol!

When we lost our first pup, I waited several years before getting another. I just didn't want to go through that pain again. However, once we had her, I realized that you could love just as deeply again. She was 17 when she passed and my husband and I were empty nesters by then and just missed having a dog. By then I knew that I had just cheated myself out of many years of love with another pup so we didn't hesitate to get another. No such thing to us as loving one more than another - they are different dogs with different personalities but each has been so endearing. Glad you have filled your heart with another and fostering is such a wonderful thing to do for the animals.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a beauty! :love: Congrats! :clap:

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
Since I myself am a “foster failure” (had to adopt the very first dog I fostered), I really salute you for going that route. Also, LOVE to you for losing your dog. How wonderful that you have another to cuddle up to!
Your ring is STUNNING. I am obsessed with the setting. Enjoy!
I laughed when you said you are trying to figure out a way to wear them all every day. I don’t have a collection like yours, but I have been thinking of planning for another ring but I can’t imagine not ALSO wearing the one I have. I think I am too wound up in how the two would go together.

Ha! Right now, we are fostering this little pup that is our favorite foster so far. She is just so so sweet and smart. Fearless too! It’s going to be hard not to keep her but we have got to keep on going in memorandum for our departed girl. Can’t foster fail yet but don’t blame me if I do! :)

The struggle is wanting more jewelry than I need. The struggle is also wearing all pieces all the time, which I think is what holds me back from buying more and more.

I’m so content! Thanks for your note.

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous! We are diamond sisters! I always said I wouldn't go bigger, but if I could keep this stone and get a 3.5, I think I would. I don't think I could bear to part with it though. My previous upgrade was from .75 to 1.70 and when someone bought my stone, my heart hurt. It was mine, and I really didn't like the idea of someone else having it. Conversely, when I traded in my .75, I didn't have a single negative thought about it.
Your ring is lovely and it looks stunning on you! I hope you love staring at it and enjoy it every single day. It most certainly is a sparkle bomb. Talk about adding light in some slightly dark days.
So very happy for you. Happy for your lovely stone and happy that you have a new fur baby to lift some of the sadness from your loss. It's so amazing to me how interesting, deep and different their personalities can be, and how much joy they bring us.

Wow those are quite some jumps/upgrades for you! I’m sure it was a beautiful journey. And will continue to be a beautiful journey when you get to that 3.5. :twisted2:

Dogs are amazing. To me, they are the most amazing creatures. I have a fondness for pitbull type dogs; they seem to be unfairly judged and are by far the best dogs I’ve ever had.

Cheers to dogs and diamonds!

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is beautiful and I am glad you are enjoying it so much! I never thought I'd end up with a 2.5 stone either but here I am - lol!

When we lost our first pup, I waited several years before getting another. I just didn't want to go through that pain again. However, once we had her, I realized that you could love just as deeply again. She was 17 when she passed and my husband and I were empty nesters by then and just missed having a dog. By then I knew that I had just cheated myself out of many years of love with another pup so we didn't hesitate to get another. No such thing to us as loving one more than another - they are different dogs with different personalities but each has been so endearing. Glad you have filled your heart with another and fostering is such a wonderful thing to do for the animals.

So beautifully said. I thought the same thing when she passed. How could I EVER love another? We still went to the shelters tho. Just to see some pups in need and be around dogs. Then, it happened. We saw this pit bull mix that I had to meet. Met him and loved him right away. So we said yes even tho it was so soon. I didn’t know how to feel about it at first but you know what? There is so much love to give; from all parties. He has helped us heal so tremendously. And he was a stray for about 8 months; now he has a warm and happy home.

Cheers to the sparkly things and the best animals on this earth!

Hum-ble

Rough_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous!!! Thanks for sharing your story and all the beautiful pics! It looks lovely on your hand. Congrats and enjoy in good health!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is so gorgeous! I think a 2.5 ct ACA would be a dream! All your rings are so pretty!

I am happy your new dog has helped you heal from the loss of your last one. Sometimes we think we couldn't love that much again, but we do!

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
this collection is my favorite! My jaw hit the floor! Who made the EC setting?

Thank you! It’s custom by CVBID. We designed it together and it’s called the Esti. You can see a few renditions all over her IG. A very easy to wear and unique piece. The EC is about 0.61 ct; one day I want the same setting with a much larger emerald. :)

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is so gorgeous! I think a 2.5 ct ACA would be a dream! All your rings are so pretty!

I am happy your new dog has helped you heal from the loss of your last one. Sometimes we think we couldn't love that much again, but we do!

Thanks very much. When he proposed with a 1.6 ACA, I never dreamed I would have a 2.5 one day.

It’s so true about dogs. It was a low point for me; especially since it was so sudden and she was not even two years old. Didn’t think I’d see the day where I could think back and smile at the thought of her. I can, and I am.

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! Honestly, I can BARELY tell. All I can see is sparkle. I had NEVER considered a stone color lower than an H before (H is what hubby picked out for me) and once I got the G, I didn't think I'd go lower than a G. I think b/c prior to this excursion, I had never actually seen an I-color in person before so wasn't sure just how much yellow tint there might have been. I do have an O AVOEC but had not seen an RB in I before.

Once I got the comparison pics from WF comparing my G and this I, it was a done deal. I have the comparison pic still if you'd like to see!

This ring is stunning! I’d love to see the comparison pics of the G and I if you still have them!

Last edited:

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
This ring is stunning! I’d love to see the comparison pics of the G and I if you still have them!

Yes of course! I’m happy to share. As far as color goes, I can definitely see the difference from the side. From the top-down, not much color difference to me at all. I would even dare say my I is quite white?

Of course, the SIZE DIFFERENCE is where it’s at! *drool

Please let me know your thoughts once you look at them.

First up: comparison of my original 1.988 G to the new 2.584 I:
14EA1233-C2CA-4ED5-A4D1-AACD2118E30C.jpeg
031B08AF-EB36-45C6-8C2D-5EC9E2CD9419.jpeg

Second: comparison of a 1.904 G color they had in stock to compare with the 2.584 I color before my diamond arrived for trade-up:

2619C2AE-D144-471A-BD5A-BC6DC03832F0.jpeg
780BD282-7E4C-4C4D-A138-FA8B7A1BC425.jpeg

Last edited:

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Yes of course! I’m happy to share. I can definitely see the difference from the side. From the top-down, not much at all. I would even dare say my I is quite white?

Second: comparison of a 1.904 G color they had in stock to compare with the 2.584 I color before my diamond arrived for trade-up:

The size is rather obvious. Like you, I would be willing to go down to an I color for the sake of size (in order to cross that 2.5ct that I am wanting.)

Question: How would you compare your G vs H? Have you observed any difference? I have an H but contemplating to get a G - just not sure whether the color upgrade would as visible as the price tag.

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
While I’m here, I may as well post some updated pics. When the finished product arrived mid-March, before shelter-in-place orders, there were issues with the prongs. None of them made perfect contact with the stone. Also, the stone was set too high and not seated in the faux halo properly.

I recently sent it back in for correction and they turned it around very quickly. She is now home and although I don’t get to wear her out since we’re still in quarantine, I’m relieved she is home with me and I get to wear her around the house and to the grocery store.

I’m very happy with the way Whiteflash handled the situation. Their customer service team and my rep are top notch. They made the whole process easy peasy and had it not been for the shelter in place orders; the issue would have been corrected much quicker.

Whiteflash ~ how I adore thee.

ECB1A3CA-CC28-4BD7-9464-3A1A39FEA7A2.jpeg AE257304-D440-491A-8EC9-38CA48E0CA5D.jpeg F6AE6751-4FC2-490C-A5C7-D8CB41EA871C.jpeg E12F20A0-CEB3-462B-B2E5-C5B7CA3A4C3D.jpeg 06A52F02-68B0-4A2E-8EB6-8A6FABA1F29A.jpeg 24325791-C22E-40FA-92D8-FA16E82A4462.jpeg 21883B26-9750-4AE4-BB8F-DD26E41A947A.jpeg 01FE1B8C-2CFE-4110-9C00-C7F4143F890A.jpeg

Last edited:

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
The size is rather obvious. Like you, I would be willing to go down to an I color for the sake of size (in order to cross that 2.5ct that I am wanting.)

Question: How would you compare your G vs H? Have you observed any difference? I have an H but contemplating to get a G - just not sure whether the color upgrade would as visible as the price tag.

Yes, the jump in size is very noticeable, I was referring to the color difference (edited my comment, thanks for pointing that out).

H and G are very close to my eyes, and for me, too small of a difference. But again, when I went from 1.6H to 1.988G, I was most excited about the size difference. Because of this, I didn’t ask for comparison photos (which I totally should have). During the first switch from 1.6H to 1.988G, I had to pay a pretty penny to upgrade. Most of it was because of the color upgrade, I think.

From the 1.988G to the 2.584I, the upgrade amount/difference wasn’t nearly as much as when I went from 1.6H to 1.988G.

I did it because I thought G/H is where I needed to be but alas, here I am with an I-color and all I see are sparkles and fire! Now that I know I’m ok with I-color, the possibilities feel pretty much endless.

Last edited:

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, the jump in size is very noticeable, I was referring to the color difference (edited my comment, thanks for pointing that out).

H and G are very close to my eyes, and for me, to small of a difference. But again, when I went from 1.6H to 1.988G, I was most excited about the size difference. Because of this, I didn’t ask for comparison photos (which I totally should have). During the first switch from 1.6H to 1.988G, I had to pay a pretty penny to upgrade. Most of it was because of the color upgrade, I think.

From the 1.988G to the 2.584I, the upgrade amount/difference wasn’t nearly as much as when I went from 1.6H to 1.988G.

I did it because I thought G/H is where I needed to be but alas, here I am with an I-color and all I see are sparkles and fire!

Lol. Same happened to me. I was viewing 1.98ct G, VS1 and 2.13ct H, VS2 simultaneously (almost the same price) and it did not occur to me to compare them upside down (I should have just to have a "mind-clean" stone). But I got overly excited about the 2ct+. I have no regrets as I barely if at all see any color in my H (I think I find myself occasionally craving G for my mind not eyes.)

Yours is gorgeous - people will notice the size and definitely will not go around asking whether it is I or G.

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
Yes of course! I’m happy to share. As far as color goes, I can definitely see the difference from the side. From the top-down, not much color difference to me at all. I would even dare say my I is quite white?

Of course, the SIZE DIFFERENCE is where it’s at! *drool

I can’t tell a thing from the top! In fact, I think the I actually looks brighter!

I went from a 1.8 H to a 2.4 I from WF (though it’s expert selection) I’ve been toying with the idea of going down in size and up in color. I can see a difference in color between my I and my memory of my old H— at least indoors with my beige walls and warm lighting. Outdoors the I blows the H out of the water in all conditions. All this time indoors allows one to really focus on it. I wonder if I traded it in for a smaller H I might still see the warmth in the same environment.

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
Lol. Same happened to me. I was viewing 1.98ct G, VS1 and 2.13ct H, VS2 simultaneously (almost the same price) and it did not occur to me to compare them upside down (I should have just to have a "mind-clean" stone). But I got overly excited about the 2ct+. I have no regrets as I barely if at all see any color in my H (I think I find myself occasionally craving G for my mind not eyes.)

Yours is gorgeous - people will notice the size and definitely will not go around asking whether it is I or G.

You ended up going with CBI right? I saw your thread. Stunning! A CBI is the ONLY other diamond I’m so curious about... just to see in person. It might ruin me so I’m staying away for now. Hehe.

it sounds like you’re a little more color sensitive than I am.

Have you had an I-color before? I used to think I was color sensitive before the purchase of my I-color. I browsed PS and noticed time and time again some very bright I’s... that’s what started the hunt. The decision for upgrade was on a whim (and still timely for the celebration of my new pup), it just so happened that upon arrival, it was instant-love. For me, seeing was very much believing.

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
I can’t tell a thing from the top! In fact, I think the I actually looks brighter!

I went from a 1.8 H to a 2.4 I from WF (though it’s expert selection) I’ve been toying with the idea of going down in size and up in color. I can see a difference in color between my I and my memory of my old H— at least indoors with my beige walls and warm lighting. Outdoors the I blows the H out of the water in all conditions. All this time indoors allows one to really focus on it. I wonder if I traded it in for a smaller H I might still see the warmth in the same environment.

I think my I-color actually looks brighter too! I thought maybe it’s just me and my craziness and desire to upgrade. I think I even notice that my I looks brighter than a few other I’s on their site. Either that or maybe it was a low G 1.988...?

It’s true about being at home 24/7. I have white walls at home. I do go out to get groceries and out for exercise and have worn my ring; haven’t noticed any hints of color that I mind. Hope it’s the same when quarantine is over and it’s back to a more regular schedule.

We’re you thinking about going back to an H or up to a G? If back up to an H, would you get a bigger H?

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
You ended up going with CBI right? I saw your thread. Stunning! A CBI is the ONLY other diamond I’m so curious about... just to see in person. It might ruin me so I’m staying away for now. Hehe.

it sounds like you’re a little more color sensitive than I am.

Have you had an I-color before? I used to think I was color sensitive before the purchase of my I-color. I browsed PS and noticed time and time again some very bright I’s... that’s what started the hunt. The decision for upgrade was on a whim (and still timely for the celebration of my new pup), it just so happened that upon arrival, it was instant-love. For me, seeing was very much believing.

Good memory! Yes, I went with CBI. (You must see them to believe them ;-).) I have never had an I-color before. G's only. From my understanding (I might be wrong) there is less of a color difference between G and H than it is between H and I... but I would be willing to look at (and thoroughly examine :lol: ) an I stone but only if it were 2.5ct +

Mine is a high H so I think it would be waste of money to go for a G (especially if a low one.) I still expected mine to be vanilla colored from the top view but it is very very white. So is yours. It must be the cut that makes them optically brighter as I understand that AGS seems to be more lenient with color grading than GIA.

Last edited:

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
Good memory! Yes, I went with CBI. (You must see them to believe them ;-).) I have never had an I-color before. G's only. From my understanding (I might be wrong) there is less of a difference between G and H than it is between H and I... but I would be will to look at (and closely examine :lol: ) an I stone but only if it were 2.5ct +

Mine is a high H but I still expected it to be a vanilla color from the top view but it is very very white. So is yours. It must be the cut that makes them optically brighter as I understand that AGS seems to be more lenient with color grading than GIA.

I think you’re onto something. I’d love to roll around in a basket of 2.5 ct G H and I color diamonds all day to see how much of a difference I would see!

Let’s throw some CBI in there too, if I’m asking for things! One day, I will see one.

I would love to hear your thoughts if you ever decide to check out an I-color, after a thorough examination of course.:D

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning stone and ring!!! Very big and beautiful and very meaningful.
You have an amazing diamond collection

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Some comparison pics with my:
• 0.90 August vintage OEC O VS2
• 0.61 James Allen Enerald cut F VVS1

D5F856A3-DF9E-4F89-BF33-7364250669C7.jpeg 5EE9D28C-E55D-4FC2-8A12-6E79704184D8.jpeg B4DBD52D-DF75-4EB5-A284-42EA508C09A8.jpeg

This is the best photo and if it were me I would be staring at them all day, just like that, together! You have impeccable taste. I need you to pick out my jewelry!!! Wear all 3 in the best of health and happiness. Congrats on creating an incredible collection.

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
I think my I-color actually looks brighter too! I thought maybe it’s just me and my craziness and desire to upgrade. I think I even notice that my I looks brighter than a few other I’s on their site. Either that or maybe it was a low G 1.988...?

It’s true about being at home 24/7. I have white walls at home. I do go out to get groceries and out for exercise and have worn my ring; haven’t noticed any hints of color that I mind. Hope it’s the same when quarantine is over and it’s back to a more regular schedule.

We’re you thinking about going back to an H or up to a G? If back up to an H, would you get a bigger H?

It’s a strange time to examine diamonds for me. My head is just not in the right space. Do you see a color difference inside and out?

I’d probably go back to a similar size or only slightly bigger. My original stone was damaged so this was a replacement. I wasn’t looking or planning to upgrade but decided on this stone thinking the size would make me less sad about my damaged original one. I always thought the 1.8 was a great size so I don’t mind going back to that if need be.

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
It’s a strange time to examine diamonds for me. My head is just not in the right space. Do you see a color difference inside and out?

I’d probably go back to a similar size or only slightly bigger. My original stone was damaged so this was a replacement. I wasn’t looking or planning to upgrade but decided on this stone thinking the size would make me less sad about my damaged original one. I always thought the 1.8 was a great size so I don’t mind going back to that if need be.

What do you mean “inside and out?” I don’t see any warmess at all, even coming from a G color. This is true outdoors and indoors. I haven’t been to malls yet though. Or any indoor stores other than grocery stores. So I’m hoping the same holds true once those open back up and I get to do my normal rounds. :)

(Also, I hope you’re okay, soon, with your head-space.)

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
Thanks— yes, meaning inside and outside. When I’m in different spaces inside I see more warmth. I’m now thinking it might be my home and warmer lights and tones. When I’m seeing it other places I don’t see the same warmth. So I guess it just have to move. Lol

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results