carat
color
clarity

Friday Poll: Three Big Antiques

Which would you choose?

• Total voters

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
That ring itself is quite beautiful and I love all of the details. Hard to see the faceting in the pic but it looks lovely on your hand. But I think ideally you really want a OMC vs. a OEC? Or am I mistaken?

While I loved the chunky crown on the K, the combination of the faceting and light play didn’t make my heart sing either. I think it’s maybe a bit too deep even though I love the crown on it. Double edged sword, I suppose.

That’s exactly it regarding the K. The face up is also small for the carat weight, and it wasn’t as bright as I’d hoped. The L has nice faceting, but perhaps not as symmetrical as I’d prefer. Re: OMC or OEC - cut is king for me, so I’d happily take either for the right stone and the right antique setting!

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, so it turns out I do have more photos to share today, but they’re of something completely different! Things took a bit of an interesting turn this afternoon. I had my eye on this antique setting previously, but it had a center stone that was too warm for me. A new, gorgeous, whiter OEC with amazing facets came into the picture, and the two are magic together!

I had the chance to play with them today and would love your thoughts. The OEC is currently loose and sitting on top. Does this look insanely, ridiculously massive on me?? The setting is delicate and intricately crafted, but the overall size is clearly…BIG! I thought my husband would think I was crazy, but he said that he likes it. I was shocked! It sits fairly low, but like…is this insane? :lol-2: Check out that diamond!

IMG_9547.jpeg
IMG_9705.jpeg
IMG_9604.jpeg
IMG_9651.jpeg
IMG_9581.jpeg
IMG_9696.jpeg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
That diamond looks lovely. Very well cut. The setting is pretty spectacular. Is it ridiculously large? Yes lol But in a truly fantastic way. It’s a lot of “look”. I like it a lot. I can’t remember your collection, and I think it changed recently, but would this be your primary ring and daily wear or a sometime wear? I personally might like it more for sometime wear than every day but it depends on your style.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, so it turns out I do have more photos to share today, but they’re of something completely different! Things took a bit of an interesting turn this afternoon. I had my eye on this antique setting previously, but it had a center stone that was too warm for me. A new, gorgeous, whiter OEC with amazing facets came into the picture, and the two are magic together!

I had the chance to play with them today and would love your thoughts. The OEC is currently loose and sitting on top. Does this look insanely, ridiculously massive on me?? The setting is delicate and intricately crafted, but the overall size is clearly…BIG! I thought my husband would think I was crazy, but he said that he likes it. I was shocked! It sits fairly low, but like…is this insane? :lol-2: Check out that diamond!

IMG_9547.jpeg
IMG_9705.jpeg
IMG_9604.jpeg
IMG_9651.jpeg
IMG_9581.jpeg
IMG_9696.jpeg

The cut on that is stunning. If you’ve been eying that setting before, then I think this was meant to be! You’ll never have DSS with this ring.

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
That diamond looks lovely. Very well cut. The setting is pretty spectacular. Is it ridiculously large? Yes lol But in a truly fantastic way. It’s a lot of “look”. I like it a lot. I can’t remember your collection, and I think it changed recently, but would this be your primary ring and daily wear or a sometime wear? I personally might like it more for sometime wear than every day but it depends on your style.

I’ve been on the hunt to replace a lost engagement ring for close to four years now, which is the main reason I’m looking for just the right thing. Ideally I’d wear it every day, but I have other pieces I can swap in if I want to be less flashy.

The dream would be a totally original antique, somewhere in the Victorian/Edwardian realm. I love chunky, elongated old mines, but I also love beautifully cut OECs. Big stones are my jam, unfortunately. :lol-2: I just love all antique jewelry and diamonds and truly don’t have one specific look that I’m after.

I figure that after enough trial and error, I’ll eventually find the perfect unicorn that is big and stunning, with an incredible cut, at least moderately white-facing and something I feel like I got for a good price. Is that so much to ask?? lol

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
The cut on that is stunning. If you’ve been eying that setting before, then I think this was meant to be! You’ll never have DSS with this ring.

This is the truth! I did admire this setting - but I also didn’t know quite how big it would be on my finger until I saw it today. Still a bit in shock and trying to process. :lol:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Oh my word, what a beauty!

IMG_9547.jpeg
IMG_9705.jpeg
IMG_9604.jpeg
IMG_9651.jpeg
IMG_9581.jpeg
IMG_9696.jpeg

I absolutely love it. It’s large and in charge but still somehow.. delicate? And beautifully white!! I am a huge sucker for double halos and I don’t think it’s too much for everyday at all.

Doooooooooo it!! It’s stunning :kiss2::kiss2:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

IMG_9547.jpeg
IMG_9705.jpeg
IMG_9604.jpeg
IMG_9651.jpeg
IMG_9581.jpeg
IMG_9696.jpeg

Love! You will never get DSS with this ring!

Is this the N or a different center?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Four years is a long time to be looking!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I’ve been on the hunt to replace a lost engagement ring for close to four years now, which is the main reason I’m looking for just the right thing. Ideally I’d wear it every day, but I have other pieces I can swap in if I want to be less flashy.

The dream would be a totally original antique, somewhere in the Victorian/Edwardian realm. I love chunky, elongated old mines, but I also love beautifully cut OECs. Big stones are my jam, unfortunately. :lol-2: I just love all antique jewelry and diamonds and truly don’t have one specific look that I’m after.

I figure that after enough trial and error, I’ll eventually find the perfect unicorn that is big and stunning, with an incredible cut, at least moderately white-facing and something I feel like I got for a good price. Is that so much to ask?? lol

I just think you need multiple honkers! :lol:
I love the pattern of the ring and no I don’t think it looks too big :)

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
The centre stone is gorgeous and the subtler double halo complements the stone beautifully!

I also read one of @Garry H (Cut Nut) 's posts in another thread (sorry can't remember which one now!) that talks about the orientation / angle of the melee vs the centre stone. It looks like the halo is angled, which means the melee doesn't compete with your centre stone.

Would you mind posting a side shot, as it looks like a relatively low, comfortable setting for a ring with such presence? :)

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh, that center stone is heavenly!

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
As incredible as this setting and diamond are, I’ve decided that they aren’t what I’m after for my everyday wedding ring. The hunt continues…but if anyone is after an incredible OEC and a great deal, contact Dolly!!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
As incredible as this setting and diamond are, I’ve decided that they aren’t what I’m after for my everyday wedding ring. The hunt continues…but if anyone is after an incredible OEC and a great deal, contact Dolly!!

I think we've got a better idea of what you're looking for after all these options. You're probably looking for an antique solitaire setting with either an omc or oec.. I think minimum of 4.5ct but probably at least 5+ and lowest would probably be an M colour. With cut being king! We can definitely keep an eye out ;-)

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
I think we've got a better idea of what you're looking for after all these options. You're probably looking for an antique solitaire setting with either an omc or oec.. I think minimum of 4.5ct but probably at least 5+ and lowest would probably be an M colour. With cut being king! We can definitely keep an eye out ;-)

Thank you! I think you hit the nail on the head. :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results