carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Illuminum London tribal black tea.
Was *thisclose* to purchasing Neroli Outrenoir yesterday - again. As usual re-wore the tribal black tea and decided I definitely don't need both.

Angelique Noire is still in the cards, though

Angelique Noire is my thing!! I want to get the bigger bee bottle with the personalized name plate, which they don't sell in the states...lol If I had to choose only 1Guerlain to have, this would be it.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Todays scent is A Lab on Fire L'Anonyme ou OP-1475-A

I got this one way back when they were still selling on their website and they were doing a sample sale 15ml for 15 bucks (I purchased 3...lol) I like the scent as its fresh without having calone, its perfectly unisex, very slightly sweet (naturally so) but the spice of geranium which makes it pretty male friendly. I feel like its good some good staying power.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Angelique Noire is my thing!! I want to get the bigger bee bottle with the personalized name plate, which they don't sell in the states...lol If I had to choose only 1Guerlain to have, this would be it.

If I can help you in any way, tell me!!!

I was in the Champs Elysées flagship store yesterday.

The SA Soraya is a gem - can't hurt to ask her via phone!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FOTD is Histoires de Parfums Tuberueuse 2 (virginale) I need to wear this more. I get more Tiare than I do cherry, but I do get cherry up front. Cherry can be so artificial so thankfully its tolerable here.

20201230_122831[1].jpg

I know nothing about perfume but it seemed "weird" to me for the cherry element. What is your thinking on this?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I have my NEST Amalfi Lemon and Mint candle burning--no room for competition!

cheers--Sharon

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I can help you in any way, tell me!!!

I was in the Champs Elysées flagship store yesterday.

The SA Soraya is a gem - can't hurt to ask her via phone!

I wish my boutique could get one but apparently not! Maybe you can ask if they can do boutique to boutique and if not... I'll have to put an add on loupetroop...lol

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know nothing about perfume but it seemed "weird" to me for the cherry element. What is your thinking on this?

I didn't find it too weird. Virginale = cherry = double entrendre. But the cherry isn't like that super artificial marachino cherry (Thankful for this!) and it plays very well with tiare, which I get most of. I honestly don't get a ton of tuberose from this, and tho there's jasmine is really very innocent; no indolics to be found there.

The name kinda fits. slightly sweet, nothing to tawdy, I do like Tubereuse 3 way more.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Happy New Year! I am so grateful for this long standing thread!

FOTD: Creed Royal Water.

cheers--Sharon

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hermès un jardin sur la lagune. Which I Hated (capital "H" hated) when I smelled it the for the first time.

Then it grew on me.
Now I'm quite liking it and regret only having bought the 30ml bottle.

It IS cute though! 16100330978523355697170016232567.jpg

Myshinybestlife

Shiny_Rock
I discovered the Floraiku fragrances late 2020, started off with a complimentary discovery set, with a growing collection
They are very subtle but with every minute develops into an aromatherapy-like fragrance. They layer well together and they have some that they recommended for layering..
One umbrella for two is my favorite from them.

Attachments

• 20191013_214626.jpg
    20191013_214626.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 13

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh I wore (a sample I ordered) Montale Intense Cafe yesterday and I hate it. Heavy and cloying even after hours. No thank you.

Today I am wearing something much more beautiful. Hermessence Ambre Narguile. Gorgeous perfume.
Warm and spicy. Cinnamon, tobacco, rum, vanilla. Soft, seductive and addictive. :love:

Hermessenceambrenarguile.png

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh I wore (a sample I ordered) Montale Intense Cafe yesterday and I hate it. Heavy and cloying even after hours. No thank you.

Today I am wearing something much more beautiful. Hermessence Ambre Narguile. Gorgeous perfume.
Warm and spicy. Cinnamon, tobacco, rum, vanilla. Soft, seductive and addictive. :love:

Hermessenceambrenarguile.png

Love love love A N!! Enjoy!

I can't do Montale , personally. It's just too intense most if the time and I am sure they have some gems, but their boutique is just too much. After two three perfumes I can't smell anything anymore.

Fun fact: the store is in a side street of of Champs Elysées. In summer they often leave their door open. I have smelled it numerous times when shopping on the main street!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love love love A N!! Enjoy!

I can't do Montale , personally. It's just too intense most if the time and I am sure they have some gems, but their boutique is just too much. After two three perfumes I can't spell anything anymore.

Fun fact: the store is in a side street of of Champs Elysées. In summer they often leave their door open. I have smelled it numerous times when shopping on the main street!!

Yeah I loathe strong perfume. It makes me nauseous. I couldn’t wash it off fast enough. I left it on for 3 hours hoping it would mellow out and become lovely. Nope. :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am wearing a gorgeous gorgeous fragrance today.
Hermessence Brin de Reglisse. Lavender and licorice.

Warm and sensual and comforting.
I adore this fragrance.

brin-de-reglisse-eau-de-toilette--38171-front-1-300-0-1700-1700-q99_b.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I have to admit I can be opposite that because I have plenty of strong perfumes. Usually on a strong perfume, I spray from further away and a heck of a lot less. But I will admit that on some of my favorites, if I'm not leaving the house I spray with abandon...lol

Montale is a house that I've not found anything purchase worthy. For me its not the strength, its more more along the lines they have all the same base. (and there's something in that base I don't really enjoy) Bond No 9 is in a similar position with me, as their perfumes have this weird underlaying comet cleanser thing I smell.

Today I'm wearing a discontinued favorite. This one, I find to be strong. 1-2 squirts is all thats necessary as it lasts 10+ hours on my skin.

Its a beauty though, and during the dry cold days here I really get a lot of that animalic salty amber Tuberose here adds a small amount of floral banana twist. and then those really nice spices..yum!!
20210111_090626.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I have to admit I can be opposite that because I have plenty of strong perfumes. Usually on a strong perfume, I spray from further away and a heck of a lot less. But I will admit that on some of my favorites, if I'm not leaving the house I spray with abandon...lol

Montale is a house that I've not found anything purchase worthy. For me its not the strength, its more more along the lines they have all the same base. (and there's something in that base I don't really enjoy) Bond No 9 is in a similar position with me, as their perfumes have this weird underlaying comet cleanser thing I smell.

Today I'm wearing a discontinued favorite. This one, I find to be strong. 1-2 squirts is all thats necessary as it lasts 10+ hours on my skin.

Its a beauty though, and during the dry cold days here I really get a lot of that animalic salty amber Tuberose here adds a small amount of floral banana twist. and then those really nice spices..yum!!
20210111_090626.jpg

Haha I get it. When I’m in the house for the day I sometimes spray my favorite in the room I’m in so I can enjoy even more than when it’s just on me. Yes a waste of resources but oh it’s heavenly.

Wearing another Hermessence fragrance today. Poivre Samarcande. Love this one too.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

20210111_090626.jpg

Cool bottle/stopper. Quite Sherlock Holmes.

cheers--Sharon

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cool bottle/stopper. Quite Sherlock Holmes.

cheers--Sharon

This one and vent vert have the same treatment. They're really quite stunning in person. (better than the old Vent vert salad had bottle)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today it was a tossup. I rarely get this indecisive but yeah it was that day today and I wanted to wear all 4. would have been a mess but hey not like I'm leaving the house until later!!

In the end I chose Tonka Imperiale. I have a small amount of Tonka Absolute (cheaper than vanilla but still quite expensive stuff!) and this is very much it with some dashes of tobacco and vanilla thrown in.
20210115_111320.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today it was a tossup. I rarely get this indecisive but yeah it was that day today and I wanted to wear all 4. would have been a mess but hey not like I'm leaving the house until later!!

In the end I chose Tonka Imperiale. I have a small amount of Tonka Absolute (cheaper than vanilla but still quite expensive stuff!) and this is very much it with some dashes of tobacco and vanilla thrown in.
20210115_111320.jpg

Yummmmm

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Twilly d'Hermes Eau Poivree. Made me sneeze! lol

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results