shape
carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got my bottle of AH (Anthony Hopkins) Last yesterday. I'm giving a full wear today (Oh man its beautiful but pretty spicy!!) I get a lot of jasmine before I get anything else, and it does stay that way for a while.

The spice apparently is ginger and pepper which are pretty intense. Might keep it from being a summer wearing perfume based on those.

in all really like it and its very well made (no idea who the perfumer is!) But its pretty darn floral and that jasmine is definitely a love for me.

The dry down is a spiced neroli which is not bad! I wish it wasn't as soapy but its only by a hair.

I do also love the mission of the perfume (No Kid Hungry!)
Unfortunately this line is only available in the states.

Never even heard of this! Interesting!

Sotd eau Mohéli by dyptique.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mary Chess White Lilac-- one of my favorite vintage fragrances.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am wearing Dulcis In Fundo by Profumum.
We went cycling this gorgeous sunny day and when we got home and I showered and felt like wearing this perfume.
Vanilla sweet citrus so fresh and light. So good.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am wearing Dulcis In Fundo by Profumum.
We went cycling this gorgeous sunny day and when we got home and I showered and felt like wearing this perfume.
Vanilla sweet citrus so fresh and light. So good.

Sounds refreshing yet calming when coupled with nice cotton (or silk) PJ's for sleep. mmmmm

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I can't wear scents to work, but wore my EL Youth Dew roll on deodorant. Delicate.

cheers--Sharon

Beautiful-disaster

Shiny_Rock
I’m a big Issey Miyaki fan. L’eau D’Issey.
His new one Rose & Rose is an *intense* version.
Description -
The wildness of a rose.
A double concentration of centifolia and damascena roses offset by a sweet slightly fruity note.

To me it smells like fresh rose petals in the rain.
His signature one has always smelt like Jasmine to me which is one of my favourite things - the sweet smell of Jasmin as spring time comes.... it’s what we named our daughter after.

But this new one makes me feel very grown up for some reason. A sophisticated scent.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds refreshing yet calming when coupled with nice cotton (or silk) PJ's for sleep. mmmmm

Mmm yes but for sleep my tried and true is a fragrance no longer made sadly. La Vanilla Lavender. So peaceful and relaxing and perfect for bedtime. I spray my pillow and my hair and I go to sleep. :)

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chloé Verbena today.

filigreenyc

Rough_Rock
Tom Ford Lys Fume for me today, which I bought after reading that people think of it as a "powerhouse". It is definitely not a powerhouse to me, and I am disappointed in this weak juice.

If you have powerhouse fragrances (big sillage & projection, last all day and then some) (examples I love: VCA First, Coty Chypre, Phlur Siano, Guerlain Mitsouko), please tell me about them!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A little humid, a little bit hotter, so Chamade today.

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
Tom Ford Lys Fume for me today, which I bought after reading that people think of it as a "powerhouse". It is definitely not a powerhouse to me, and I am disappointed in this weak juice.

If you have powerhouse fragrances (big sillage & projection, last all day and then some) (examples I love: VCA First, Coty Chypre, Phlur Siano, Guerlain Mitsouko), please tell me about them!

All Estee Lauder perfumes have what you're looking for.They all last all day. & can still be smelt on the car seat belt for ages=)2 I am wearing "Beautiful" today

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
I’m bathing in Tom Ford’s Black Orchid on this snowy Friday

Cristallo

Shiny_Rock
Baccarat rouge 540 edp by maison Maison Francis Kurkdjian.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
A spritz of the classic perfume, Tea Rose before I started my bedtime shower tonight. Its very strong so one overhand spritz into the steaming shower fills the whole bathroom with the scent of true florists rose.

I never spray this perfume directly on me but use it as more of a bathroom spray. It neutralizes other scents and the eau de toilette version lasts forever.

After I got out and moisturized, I used a bit of Lilac Path by Aerin. I wore that perfume for almost the entirety of my daughters babyhood, so she associates me with lilacs and loves snuggling me to bed when I wear it.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did a Tea Rose split with 4 people 1oz per person.....lol Its a smack to the nose if you don't spray it right!! I love using it to layer with many of the ambers I have.

Today I wear Penhaligon's Clandestine Clara.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I reached WAAAAYYYY in the back of the perfume closet and pulled out Prada L'eau Ambree. Why did they ever discontinue this?? :cry2:

Oh and I did purchase something for myself and only because 40% off + all those darn gift cards makes it free to me and a damn good deal :bigsmile: will post it when its here!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Why can I smell the Kurkdjian Oud 8 hours after I sprayed it on my skin? Ohhhh that's right, lingering on my cotton shirt. Yum. Oh and a dab of Le Labo Rose 31 for good measure. ;))

cheers--Sharon

Myshinybestlife

Shiny_Rock
HI:

Why can I smell the Kurkdjian Oud 8 hours after I sprayed it on my skin? Ohhhh that's right, lingering on my cotton shirt. Yum. Oh and a dab of Le Labo Rose 31 for good measure. ;))

cheers--Sharon

They last through a wash for me.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I wear Guerlain Insolence which is absolutely without a doubt not a shrinking violet...lol

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m bathing in Tom Ford’s Black Orchid on this snowy Friday

I cannot get enough of Black Orchid. I usually purchase through fragrancenet.com but they're sold out right now. I tried a card sample of this several weeks ago and fell madly in love with it. I just used scentsplit.com to order a few ml glass spray samples each of Black orchid, F*(king Fabulous, a Jo Malone basil/lime/mandarin, and Black Orchid Voile de Fleur. I can already tell I'm developing a real expensive habit. I just got back into perfumes about 4 years ago and had started out with some mid-range scents. Think I'm stepping up to the big leagues now.

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
I haven't tried the Tom Ford Black Orchid yet But I'm a great lover of anything Jo Malone. Must try the Black Orchid. Off I go to order a small bottle

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cannot get enough of Black Orchid. I usually purchase through fragrancenet.com but they're sold out right now. I tried a card sample of this several weeks ago and fell madly in love with it. I just used scentsplit.com to order a few ml glass spray samples each of Black orchid, F*(king Fabulous, a Jo Malone basil/lime/mandarin, and Black Orchid Voile de Fleur. I can already tell I'm developing a real expensive habit. I just got back into perfumes about 4 years ago and had started out with some mid-range scents. Think I'm stepping up to the big leagues now.

Not to be an enabler :lol: but https://www.perfumeemporium.com they have black orchid. I've purchased plenty from them. Only thing is, its not cheap.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So here it is! Saving those darn gift cards as worth it :appl: I hate the bulb atomizers, but I have smaller bottles in preparation for decanting into.

For those not familiar, Basier de Russie is the Les Parisiennes line version of the now discontinued Les Voyages Olfactifs Paris-Moscow perfume. Also my 2nd from this line. I was torn between this an Initial (which used to be Shalimar Initial), but I still have an entire bottle of the previous version.....lol it made the choice a bit easier!

20201204_135322[1].jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Arcadian you can enable me all you want. Black Orchid EDP on perfume emporium is the same price as fragrancenet, so all good there. I'm going to hold off buying a full size until after Christmas...I've dropped a few hints here and there, haha. Glad to have another site recommendation, thank you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results