shape
carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

Hivona

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My Coco Chanel Mademoiselle came in the mail today. I think it smells like the mall.

Hmmmm that doesn’t sound good! I have Mademoiselle & I find it very strong. It’s not a favorite of mine but it is the one perfume that I ALWAYS get compliments when wearing!
Right now Cartier Baiser Vole is my favorite

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not super knowledgeable about perfume but I just got a Jo Malone sample pack of little spray vials because I've heard a lot about them lately: Nectarine Blossom and Honey, Wild Bluebell, Wood Sage and Sea Salt, English Pear and Freesia, Peony and Blush Suede.

I kinda like all of them but probably won't buy any more since it looks like they only come in cologne. To me, the scents are too light/don't last and the full size bottles seem too pricey for cologne anyway.

Thats been my experience with the line. They're really lovely but fleeting. I just feel like thats a whole lot to spend on fleeting...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am wearing (one of my) my favorite for winter. Vaniglia del Madagascar.
A warm perfume for a blustery freezing day.

vaniglia.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today's perfume is Cartier Basier Vole Essence. Why it got discontinued is just weird. A flanker of Basier Vole, but one I like as much as the original.
20210129_080902.jpg

Hivona

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Today's perfume is Cartier Basier Vole Essence. Why it got discontinued is just weird. A flanker of Basier Vole, but one I like as much as the original.
20210129_080902.jpg

I have the original and it’s one of my favorites! How is this different?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the original and it’s one of my favorites! How is this different?
Its the added vanilla, which takes it from being this super fresh thing to quite a thicker more creamy vanilla based perfume. Its def. more heady than the original.

I worked my way through the flankers (the one I didn't like was Lys Rose...but its because I'm not terribly fond of raspberries)

Hivona

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Its the added vanilla, which takes it from being this super fresh thing to quite a thicker more creamy vanilla based perfume. Its def. more heady than the original.

I worked my way through the flankers (the one I didn't like was Lys Rose...but its because I'm not terribly fond of raspberries)

Thank you for the reply! I love vanilla, I’d probably like the Essence. Too bad it’s discontinued :(2

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speaking of vanilla-
Today is Tihota.
Another of my favorites for winter.

Screen Shot 2021-01-30 at 7.54.49 AM.png

Take that subfreezing temperatures.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its so cold I was able to whip out my vintage Chanel Coco.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Diptyque 34 BStG EDP. This is one of my favs from Diptyque.
20210205_093742[1].jpg

Let me be the first to say how much I love the packaging because its not the typical perfume box. I display this packaging in the entryway...lol its really beautiful.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm wearing Brin de Reglisse again. I love this fragrance. Lavender and licorice. Elegant and light.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Prada Infusion d'Iris. I so love this stuff.

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This past weekend I discovered Bright Crystal by Versace. My new favorite!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today, Chanel 19 Parfum. Apparently going out of production.

Tomorrow, Ormonde Woman, ordered from England by DH at a specially mixed 50% extrait concentration (regular parfum concentration is 20-40%, depending on the perfume). This is the elixir of the gods.

Coco by Chanel on the odd occasion.

Looking forward to summer, when I will break out the Parfum d'Ete by Kenzo, Bulgari Extreme Au The Vert, Haute de Provence by Parfum de Nicolai and some beachy thing by Tom Ford (Mandarino de Amalfi - I just looked it up). For night time sparkly stuff - No. 5 by Chanel - the parfum or the au de toilette; the eau de parfum had the recipe changed some years ago and the aldehydes in it are now overwhelming.

What I'm eking out - Victorian Posy by Penhaligon's. They stopped making it years ago and I've stockpiled all I can since then. But it's impossible to find now - at any price - so what I have is all I'll ever have.

And I'll often put on Tresor before I go to bed, or when I first wake up in the morning. It's a lovely fragrance - light, fresh, floral.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @missy, it was an interview to expand my role at my current job. It felt good to dress up after after wearing scrubs for 1 year

Haha I hear you. Fingers crossed you get it.

Wearing Ambre Narguile today. Perfect for the freezing cold temps and overcast skies. It’s funny most of the Hermessence fragrances fade within a couple of hours on me. But this one? Lasts for a full day.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SOTD Lubin Akkad. Its that amber that can be worn most times of the year. Right now its humid and I get a bit of "barbershop" out of it. I like it! I've never had my other half try it (he's not taking this one...lol I let him have van cleefs imperial amber as it is!)
20210216_105702[1].jpg

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s been a while since I have purchased perfume. I tend to stockpile it and use it and then restock. I need to stop doing that. There’s too many new perfumes out I need to find. I would appreciate opinions on what your favorite perfume is that is light and fresh and floral. Summer is on the way! (I’m writing this from a extremely cold Mississippi...where it’s snowing!)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@seaurchin I smell like the mall today :lol:

I will say there's a very distinct difference between the Chanel Coco Mademoiselle of 2009 and it has to do with IFRA. Less natural rose, less orange, less certain spices (off the top of my head can't remember them all) and I think its hurt this perfume a lot.

My bottle is still half used because its so freaking strong. 1 squirt smelled my entire house up.
Sad to say I won't get it again as its been pretty neutered.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wearing Amounage Honour woman for my tuberose / rhubarb fix. Now that I have Tubereuse Love, I really seem to get way more tartness out of Honour. Both are fantastic in their own way (which is why I have both...lol)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I am wearing a fragrance that is from the mid 2000s and not sure it is made anymore. It was a "bespoke" fragrance from Henri Bendel called Memoire Liquide. It smells very similar to Tihota and has held up well over the past 15 years.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yesterday I wore Vetiver Tonka because it felt like Spring outside. Refreshing and light. A welcome change in the weather.

Today is a bit cooler so I am wearing Brin de Reglisse. I cannot get enough of the licorice and lavender. A perfect fragrance for the weather today.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm wearing Evelyn by Crabtree & Evelyn. (This is the original EDP, created in 1993.)

Myshinybestlife

Shiny_Rock
Hundred silent ways by Nishane is my fragrance of the day, perfect for our wide swing in temp today 35 to 68 degrees.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results