shape
carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heatwave ongiong, sotd Guerlain Acqua Allégoria HerbaFresca accordingly. This is in my all time top 5!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wasn't paying attention and grabbed Amouage Interlude instead of the bottle beside it (Chanel Beige). Then sprayed and didn't think until the scent hit me.

To be fair, I do love it but....not right now....lol

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't sampled interlude, either. @Arcadian

i do love chypres

chanel beige seems easier to wear...

considering the time of year it is where I am...I really wanted Chanel Beige...lol Interlude is big and volumous. It's a huge concophany of "stuff" and that Kiwi is just...not a summer Kiwi. Its beautiful, spicy, nutty, incensy, whiffs of coffee, whiffs of immortelle, whiffs of leather.... but its just so heavy right now. Its like if perfume could be a blanket, this would be one of those big weighted ones...lol Then add Florida summer to it....

Def. works in the dry season much better.

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
considering the time of year it is where I am...I really wanted Chanel Beige...lol Interlude is big and volumous. It's a huge concophany of "stuff" and that Kiwi is just...not a summer Kiwi. Its beautiful, spicy, nutty, incensy, whiffs of coffee, whiffs of immortelle, whiffs of leather.... but its just so heavy right now. Its like if perfume could be a blanket, this would be one of those big weighted ones...lol Then add Florida summer to it....

Def. works in the dry season much better.

you have such a lovely way of describing scents!! do you wear any of the amouage mens??
i have lyric. i like it but can be a tad too much powder. I can't do powdery. ive heard that lyric man is where it's at... a pleasing rosey lime.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
you have such a lovely way of describing scents!! do you wear any of the amouage mens??
i have lyric. i like it but can be a tad too much powder. I can't do powdery. ive heard that lyric man is where it's at... a pleasing rosey lime.

Thank you! I don't really consider myself to be terribly eloquent but I'm glad I can help out!

I have a very old bottle of Lyric women that was hand bottled in Oman. No powder for me but I get a pretty big hefty dose of cardamom! My bottle is pretty darn old though and absolutely nuclear. the Rose is very very dark, and I recall that Lyric man is much more bright rose (not sure why they went that way!)

I have not purchased any of the mens Amouage. They're interesting but admittedly I don't like the bottle as much....lol

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! I don't really consider myself to be terribly eloquent but I'm glad I can help out!

I have a very old bottle of Lyric women that was hand bottled in Oman. No powder for me but I get a pretty big hefty dose of cardamom! My bottle is pretty darn old though and absolutely nuclear. the Rose is very very dark, and I recall that Lyric man is much more bright rose (not sure why they went that way!)

I have not purchased any of the mens Amouage. They're interesting but admittedly I don't like the bottle as much....lol

yes,yes, arcadian! i MUCH prefer the amouage woman bottles, also. But so eager to sample lyric man. like lyric woman very much but the wee bit powder component, can put me off. Cardamom huh?? let me go and "see" sniff!! I have the extrait.

Today, is a hot day for me to, here in los angeles, haha ... I LOVE LOVE LOVE fragrance. But admittedly haven't shopped for them, recently as, supposedly, very chemically and full of nastiness. But i still love what i have.

what is this "hand bottled" you speak of???
I love rose, jasmine, orange blossom/neroli/petit grain, tuberose, coriander, sandalwood, frankincense some oud ... NOT into powder or heavy gourmand ... haven't found an "aquatic" i like.

what do you love and don't like?????? this is SO fun!!! thank you!!!

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
L'Artisan Parfumeur La Chasse aux Papillons

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Big Fat Facets I can't say I have any real hangups when it comes to perfumery. My issue becomes a combination of scents versus a group. I do have issues with the most super sweet gourmands though I do have a couple..lol But I put that down to the base being used.

For instance. Love by Kilian is just straight gross to me. I remember when it first came out and I tried it and my goodness, I got instantly nauseous! Its been toned down since that time but...whew...no thanks.

I am careful around aldehydes and mimosa. both can cause headaches, but I still definitely love them. Peach can either be really beautiful or really bad (like smelly armpit bad!) Peach in fragrance always gives me pause, but I do tend to give them a chance.

I see you mentioned you hated powder. It didn't used to be terribly high on my list, but then I got a decant of Villorosi Teint de Neige.... Holy mother of POWDER! :shock: Its absolutely ridiculous but I still love it. Its like killer powder on steriods. a powder haters nightmare....lol It really doesn't pretend to be anything else, and maybe why thats why I love it...lol

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today is a blast from the past; Bath and Body works Lemongrass & Sage. Its a bodyspray but very long lasting one.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's Tihota weather and that is what I am wearing. Like a warm comforting hug. So good. So yummy. Just what one needs on a cold windy autumn like day.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's Tihota weather and that is what I am wearing. Like a warm comforting hug. So good. So yummy. Just what one needs on a cold windy autumn like day.

Oh woah, its cold up there already? :shock: the only season we have is HOT until February...lol

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh woah, its cold up there already? :shock: the only season we have is HOT until February...lol

Haha we had 3 seasons rolled into one day today. Started out wintry cold and blustery windy. It then became autumn like and crisp and cool and by the end of our cycling journey it was summery warm. Luckily I was able to shed my layers as the day warmed up and was comfy all day. Tihota faded before the summery feel of the day.

It's cooling off here again and I am about to turn on the fireplace. I sort of enjoy all the changes within a day. You never get bored of the weather. :lol:

Hope you are staying cool @Arcadian despite your hot temps. :)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha we had 3 seasons rolled into one day today. Started out wintry cold and blustery windy. It then became autumn like and crisp and cool and by the end of our cycling journey it was summery warm. Luckily I was able to shed my layers as the day warmed up and was comfy all day. Tihota faded before the summery feel of the day.

It's cooling off here again and I am about to turn on the fireplace. I sort of enjoy all the changes within a day. You never get bored of the weather. :lol:

Hope you are staying cool @Arcadian despite your hot temps. :)

Its cooled down enough for me to finally leave the house....lol its been so gross! I hear we're supposed to get some of that cold front...should be in the low to mid 80's by Monday. I do miss the coolness of NE (just not that snow, y'all can keep that)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh it was so hot today with very little air movement and we're in triple digit feels like temps. Actual is only 90F.

So today I'm wearing Guerlain Angelique Noir. This is my everything scent. If I wasn't such a scent whore it could have been a signature...lol

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today its "cooler" (lol) So I'm wearing Parfums Delrae Bois de Paradis. I feel very lucky to have a near full bottle considering its now discontinued.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today is Chanel Beige day.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thunked my bottle of Jo Malone star magnolia.
It's so pretty. So when I bought it I found it slightly boring, but whenever I wear it I catch a whiff and think oh pretty!
Made an active choice not to repurchase immediately, but next spring. If still think of it then, it's definitely worth a second bottle.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The news has me down, so I reached for a bottle that never fails to lift my spirits: L'Artisan Fleur d'Oranger (2007)

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lemon, Eucalyptus, Myrtle, Mint & Orange Peel essential oils.

Caught a bronchitis while socially distancing for three hours at an important meeting. Door and windows open, 8° , heavy rain outside. I thought the mask would keep me warmer - didn't catch Covid but feeling pretty bad with this grand old classic). Sigh

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
oh no!! hope you feel better very soon!! i think most everyone are dealing with constant low grade stress that compromises our immunity. the prolonged isolation is rough on lots of us.

what i've found helpful is to get the essential oil into the network of air pathways via a himalayan salt inhaler. drop several drop directly into the salt chamber, shake to disperse. then big deep inhales through salt inhaler and hold for as long as possible. repeating several times throughout the day.

eucalyptus, rosemary, lavender are nice to use. in additon, to the ones you listed above...

and of course lots of rest

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh no!! hope you feel better very soon!! i think most everyone is dealing with constant low grade stress that compromises our immunity. the prolonged isolation is rough on lots of us.

what i've found helpful is to get the essential oil into the network of air pathways via a himalayan salt inhaler. drop several drop directly into the salt chamber, shake to disperse. then big deep inhales through salt inhaler and hold for as long as possible. repeating several times throughout the day.

eucalyptus, rosemary, lavender are nice to use. in additon, to the ones you listed above...

and of course lots of rest

Thank you! Must try your inhaler method! Unfortunately no rest for moms of toddlers, but worth it.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lemon, Eucalyptus, Myrtle, Mint & Orange Peel essential oils.

Caught a bronchitis while socially distancing for three hours at an important meeting. Door and windows open, 8° , heavy rain outside. I thought the mask would keep me warmer - didn't catch Covid but feeling pretty bad with this grand old classic). Sigh

Bronchitis sucks. Feel better soon. I lit my Nest candle for you! Healing vibes across the km's.....

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results