shape
carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today is Amouage Lyric. Speaking of, I took a look and I'm at half a bottle (still!) I use so little of it because its really quite strong. Love it though.

According to what I've been reading on basenotes, there appears to be a pretty big shakeup @ Amouage. @AV_ you might have more insight than I do on this matter. what say you? Maybe I should stock up on some of my favorites of the house....

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I have no other news on Amouage beyond C. Chong's resignation. I will not renew my 'Library' or try anything else. For whatever reason I feel ridiculous grief & fury when my one/decade signature fragrances dies - so count me furious ,(

Last edited:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no other news on Amouage beyond C. Chong's resignation. I will not renew my 'Library' or try anything else. For whatever reason I feel ridiculous grief & fury when my one/decade signature fragrances dies - so count me furious ,(

So it was C. Chong and David Crickmore (CEO) who are leaving. wow....

According to basenotes:
Rose incense is an exclusive for selfriges. That was done under Chong.
Love Mimosa also done under Chong, released in August
Overture are Herrods exclusives. Not sure for how long

Also could be the new incoming CEO of Amouage that is causing some angst for some. According to what I read Ex Proctor &Gamble guy so, who knows whats going to happen to the house.

I might go ahead and get an additional bottle of Fate woman, and if I like it, get Mimosa. I don't really need anything else and depending on where it all goes, may not buy from the house again myself.

Reactions: AV_

AV_

Ideal_Rock
"Parsiegla, previously Senior Vice President of Havas for the global Luxury category and a long-time veteran at Proctor & Gamble managing brands across fragrances and cosmetics"

Source WWW

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chanel 1957 today. Very very very Chanel. Loving it. But then, any nicely done (!!!) Iris is usually a winner for me, si take thjs with a grain of salt ;-)

BrownGinger

Shiny_Rock
Chanel 1957 today. Very very very Chanel. Loving it. But then, any nicely done (!!!) Iris is usually a winner for me, si take thjs with a grain of salt ;-)
I got a sample of this and my first thought was eh, too simple but after more wearings, I just started appreciating it more and more. I love it and must buy unfortunately!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got a sample of this and my first thought was eh, too simple but after more wearings, I just started appreciating it more and more. I love it and must buy unfortunately!

Yes, the some fragrances just sneak up on you like that!! My only problem is the lasting power on this. It was completely gone from my skin after three hours. It was a hot day and I hope for more in fall .... Worst ever is unfortunately the Chanel LE Eau de Cologne. It is my HG cologne scent. I love the sparkly bright opening , but after 30 mins it's gone. Very disappointing even for a cologne, especially at the price point. I don't usually have scent eating skin, so it was a bit of a damper ..

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FYI Luckyscent is having a buy three get two free samples event...

Screen Shot 2019-09-02 at 5.59.00 AM.png

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I started the day with Chanel Beige as its extreme, yucky, sticky. She's not meant for extremely hard work... But it did last until the shower early afternoon. Surprises I went with Teint de Neige (LIGHTLY) which is doing extremely well. I think its what helped lull me to sleep this afternoon...lol)

tinatark

Shiny_Rock
Estee Lauder Pleasures... an oldie but goodie!

Back to Viktor and Rolf Flower Bomb tomorrow.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today Mona di Orio Tubereuse. Some days I think it should be called Sweet Cinnamon...lol The closer I get to the bottom of the bottle, the spicier it seems to get!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

OKOK I changed purses and found a sample from ? that smelled SUPER! Not labelled! :P2 I am dumb but smell good.

cheers--Sharon

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Amouage Interlude Woman. Its such a weird scent. Totally love it:appl: its like, how can you NOT love such a cacophony of smells?

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dyptique l'ombre dans l'eau. Perfect for early autumn /Indian summer

Last edited:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
My scent of the day is Secret (clear gel) antiperspirant deodorant "Chill Ocean" scent. $4.99 at Target. Lasts all day with a fresh breezy scent.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Received my Hiram Green sample set some time ago ... so far I've tried Moon Bloom, Slowdive, and Dilettante ... a very light spray of Moon Bloom was lovely on warm summer days, and Slowdive was gorgeously honey and somehow spicy (resin?); for me it will be a fall/winter fragrance. I am enjoying Dilettante today; it has similar notes as Slowdive but more watery and lighter overall. Overall this is a lovely sample set.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Received my Hiram Green sample set some time ago ... so far I've tried Moon Bloom, Slowdive, and Dilettante ... a very light spray of Moon Bloom was lovely on warm summer days, and Slowdive was gorgeously honey and somehow spicy (resin?); for me it will be a fall/winter fragrance. I am enjoying Dilettante today; it has similar notes as Slowdive but more watery and lighter overall. Overall this is a lovely sample set.

:appl: Thanks for posting your thoughts!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dior jasmin des anges

I had to go look that one up. Interesting! Its got a note that sometimes can be a bit of a nemis...but I'm always game...lol How peachy/apricotty does it smell?

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to go look that one up. Interesting! Its got a note that sometimes can be a bit of a nemis...but I'm always game...lol How peachy/apricotty does it smell?
To my nose not too much. Just enough to give the Jasmin a fruity touch. It's not a groundbreaking perfume, but a really pretty and soft jasmin.

This goes for most of the dior collection extraordinaire : not groundbreaking, but pretty and well done and great lasting power.

Especially love Gris Dior and Lucky other than Jasmin des Anges from that line

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Les Nereides Patchouli Precieux Today. And let me just say, Oh.My.GAWD. I was lucky to find a seller who had the older first version stuff. (of course tested against my sample and its genuine) my goodness this is really amazing Big fat mentholated patchouli :love:. There's just enough vanilla to offset the patchouli (can be sweet at times but not to bad really) Its not terribly cool (81F at 7am!!) but the humidity is lower and its breezy, so, makes it a pleasure to wear.

@kipari I'm glad it works for you. Really, its lovely. I was told that there was a couple of versions of it running around (one with more lavender which some people seem to like more) I've only tried it once, but I did get a candle from the boutique which I did like more.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Houbigant Raffinee. Found a small vintage bottle on ebay for very little. Wow....... its truly lovely but not meant for South Florida! Still, it was cooler this morning and it was really very very nice indeed. Very much in line with Caron Bellodgia with some added plum. Will take me forever to get through this bottle.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Youth Dew. Brisk outside and I could smell it while cycling. Perfect cool/cold weather fragrance. I need to find another bottle of the body lotion.

cheers--Sharon

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Amouage Portrayal Woman.

I feel some kinda way about this one. Somewhat covered territory...maybe. Yes tobacco and you can find tobacco in Sunshine and Journey. This one is more of a cigarette/chew tobacco, which I'm not the fondest of.

I am however extremely fond of the jasmine/elemini combination. Not sure if I smell vanilla but could be the vague sweetness I'm smelling here.

What I don't get is the layers I tend to get with an Amouage perfume. The scent seems...blobby for lack of a better word.

Longevity is pretty darn good as is the sillage I'm spraying from a manufacturer's sample, so a mere 2 squirts gives me a pretty big scent bubble. The tobacco note though....:rolleyes: :hand: I wish they had used something else frankly.

In all, its in the category of "glad I got to try but pass for now."

HNGN

Shiny_Rock
Louis Vuitton Orage for work today (i think it is actually for MEN but my SA told me is Unisex but :Danyways love it, thus bought it and wear it the same, really don't care is it for ladies or men). LOL

HNGN

Shiny_Rock
Today the first day of October, Roberto Cavalli Nero Assoluto EDP.... :D

HNGN

Shiny_Rock
Another new day for work, Lancôme La Vie Est Belle EDP
I have so many perfumes and love wearing different one daily. :razz:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Mugler's A*Men Pure Tonka. AHHHHHHHH This is such a stupidly gourmie scent. Strange that as a non gourmie I love this one so much. I do indeed love the coffee not here, probably one of the few that gets it right!

Of the A*Men line, this is the most unisex.

HNGN

Shiny_Rock
4th day of the work week: Jour d'Hermès (a light fragrance that is easy and great for any occasions).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results