shape
carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A new favorite. Sundazed eau de parfum by Byredo. So nice. Citrus, sugar and musk. Bright and beautiful. I am in love. It's a clean, sweet (not too sweet), fresh and citrusy perfume. First day wearing my sample but if I still feel like this after wearing it a few more times it's going to become FB worthy. :kiss2:

Iwanttosparkle

Shiny_Rock
I got Hermes Jardin sur le Nil on Mother’s Day. I have really been enjoying it. I live in a very hot, humid climate and some scents can just keep unwinding and unwinding and become oppressive, but not this one. It is lovely and pleasant, a joy to wear.

BrownGinger

Shiny_Rock
I got Hermes Jardin sur le Nil on Mother’s Day. I have really been enjoying it. I live in a very hot, humid climate and some scents can just keep unwinding and unwinding and become oppressive, but not this one. It is lovely and pleasant, a joy to wear.

That is a good one for hot and humid!

Today I took my grapefruits out to play. Guerlain Pamplelune on my right arm and Hermès Pamplemousse Rose on the left.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Bulgari pour femme.

BrownGinger

Shiny_Rock
Today I'm wearing Bulgari pour femme.
I had that perfume and went through a period of a few years where I wasn’t wearing perfume because it was a no no at my work and thus decided to toss the three perfumes I had during a move—I can’t imagine doing that today! I’ll have to revisit Bulgari pour femme and see if I like it as much as I remember.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Zoologist Chameleon. Dry and fruity rather than sweet, its pretty close to a suntan lotion type scent. I don't dislike it, but its not a total love for me either. Won't purchase a full bottle but will enjoy the sample I have.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today its an oldy but goody, Prada Infusion d'Iris. I may need another vat of this one...lol.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had gotten my sample set yesterday from Hiram Green, and today I'm wearing Slowdive.
O.M.G. This is so so so SO good! One of the best honeyed perfumes I've smelled! Not totally suited for this hot weather we're having (but when you're in AC who cares right :mrgreen2:)

First spray is fruit, slowly changing to pure smoked orange blossom honey with the tiniest dab of tobacco. This is not a saccharine sweet perfume even with the honey and fruit. Love that its all natural and lasts forever. Will be getting a bottle of this!!

Cristallo

Shiny_Rock
Creed Love in black. Violet based fragrance that I layer with Les Merveilleuses Laduree violet body lotion and shower gel. Slightly old school fragrance that reminds me of a recent trip to Kyoto.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Beyond Paradise by Estee Lauder. So summery! I'm annoyed that they've done away with the adorable multi-colored bottle, though.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fell for a marketing stunt and purchased DH a bottle of Tom Ford "Fu**Ing Fabulous" (no stars on the box where I live) .
I actually like the woody resin-y juice more than him. But what counts is that I made him lol when he unwrapped the box .

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still working my way through the Hiram Green sample set. Today I'm wearing Lustre. This is all about a planted rose bush with a dash of citrus. Nothing at all sweet, the rose here full, slightly bitter. Definitely NOT like Perfumers Workshop Tea rose, which almost smells like acetone at certain times of the year, and its a lot stronger and more acidic than Serge Lutens Sa Majestic la Rose. Strangely enough its not stupidly strong. You'd probably have to spray a lot of it for that to happen.

The added orris root I think helps ground the scent. No powder at all. The citrus adds a freshness to the scent and helps keep it out of grandma territory.

This is definitely rose the plant as I do smell something green far in the background. Definite like, though not a love. Absolutely works well in this crazy heat we're having. I will have to play with it and see how it layers with other fumes.

Reactions: AV_

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just ordered Hiram Green sample set - really looking forward to checking it out - thanks for reccomendation

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just ordered Hiram Green sample set - really looking forward to checking it out - thanks for reccomendation

Cool!! :appl: The only one that I absolutely does not work for me is Hyde. Its...smokey.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still working my way through the Hiram Green sample set. Today I'm wearing Lustre. This is all about a planted rose bush with a dash of citrus. Nothing at all sweet, the rose here full, slightly bitter. Definitely NOT like Perfumers Workshop Tea rose, which almost smells like acetone at certain times of the year, and its a lot stronger and more acidic than Serge Lutens Sa Majestic la Rose. Strangely enough its not stupidly strong. You'd probably have to spray a lot of it for that to happen.

The added orris root I think helps ground the scent. No powder at all. The citrus adds a freshness to the scent and helps keep it out of grandma territory.

This is definitely rose the plant as I do smell something green far in the background. Definite like, though not a love. Absolutely works well in this crazy heat we're having. I will have to play with it and see how it layers with other fumes.

Interesting. I like green rose but often I find the scents too simple to be interesting. And SL SMLRose is STRONG on me... I'll have to see if I can find a sample somewhere

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting. I like green rose but often I find the scents too simple to be interesting. And SL SMLRose is STRONG on me... I'll have to see if I can find a sample somewhere
Def. a try. Its simple but not TOO simple. Longevity is the shortest of what I've tried so far however (or maybe I just couldn't smell it anymore!)

I do like FM's Une Rose except it does smell a bit too much like I spilled wine all over myself after a few hours.

I'm nursing the tail end of my bottle of SML Rose....lol

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Continuing through the sample pack, today I'm wearing Arbolé Arbolé. Green, vanilla, patchouli, spices and homemade play dough....lol

Not in that order!

I truly like this and find it to be extremely interesting. The first hit is this green powder, next comes the homemade play dough. I don't know what caused that to happen, but yeah. And it only takes place when I'm inside my house in the AC. Outside it totally disappears...

But that was a fun scent memory. I believe there may be some heliotrope in this as I get some powderiness. Maybe its heliotrope and tonka causing it. I also smell anise. I had to verify by opening my spice drawer and yep, its in there.

At any rate, there's this very green very plant like patchouli. OMG probably the best part of this stuff is that. I at this time have about 5 patchouli plants, they smell soooo good, I love how the leaves have that very green hint of spice. There's a creamy sandalwood which supports all of these notes but does seem more of a background type of thing.

Also I do smell rose. Not much but its there.

Definitely interesting. its wearer dependent I liked it better on him than I did on me.

Not an in you face scent. Good longevity (about 8 hours and thats in some pretty extreme heat), but low sillage. Its not going to knock someone out which is great.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Continuing on with my sample set, I put on Hyde this morning.

Hyde is interesting in how it presents itself, but its not me. SOOOOO not me. Hyde is the biggest birch tar scent I've ever smelled. Smells like a spent fireplace. very spent. I called myself washing it off...nope. Its still sticking around.

I will say that its extremely strong and one of the most polarizing of the bunch. You had really better like birch tar and leather because you really get this. I have a hard time smelling much of anything else, though I do now get something lightly spicy. I get birch and leather mostly.

Now, after I washed my arms, It smelled a bit better but its still very strong. Maybe more like a bbq pit than a fireplace.

If you like zoologist t-rex, you will probably also like this.

For me its a very hard pass. Props for being interesting and natural tho.

BrownGinger

Shiny_Rock
@Arcadian thanks for the descriptions in the sample set! A pleasure to read.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're welcome @BrownGinger :wavey:

Last night I tried Dilettante, which is really along the lines of a soapy and clean orange blossom. I didn't get a lot of nuance out of this but we got some pretty major thunderboomers yesterday. Though it worked quite well, I didn't find it to be terribly long lasting, but maybe in a dry heat it would. Its the wet season and seriously an armpit here. This is one that I would see would need reapplying pretty often.

Today I'm wearing MoonBloom. I've had this one before back when it was the bottle with the atomizer. Split the bottle and gave half to my mom because the atomizer was driving me crazy (bad spatter, not a nice fine spray) and for an all natural perfume, I felt it didn't do it any favors. My mom dosen't care about that type of thing....lol

Moonbloom is really gorgeous tuberose/ylang-ylang fragrance. I don't get much coconut. There's some definite jasmine but I don't find it to be over the top (thankfully)

This is NOT fracas (which is a beauty in its own right) but a very natural, cleaner, gentle fragrance. Fracas can be quite a bit aggressive. Still, you don't need much of this one and if I didn't have so many tuberose frags, I'd spring for it again because now that I've used up what I had and, its in a regular spray bottle:appl:

At 10:20 am its 87F with 74% humidity. I wish that was a joke. The good thing is Moonbloom does work in this ridiculous heat/humidity very well without being a bit heavy blanket.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Enjoying my sample of Le Labo The Noir 29. Have been wearing Fleur Narcotique (Ex Nihilo) all week and really loving it. Great staying power--and that is something for me.

cheers--Sharon

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As of late, its been super hot and I've been sticking with the basic of scents. Today is a sub 90F day but just barely.

So today I put on Nina Ricci Bella, which I really do love the smell of. Its got a very strnage mixture of green apple/rhubarb/freesia that is really very interesting. Lasts about 5-6 hours in this humidity, though about hour 4 you get a bit of a laundry detergent musk type smell.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am having a weird issue with my perfumes and skin care items for the past few months. They all smell the same or they all have one ingredient that I can smell over everything else. It doesn't matter which one. I can smell this in my Yonka facial toner, my cheaper SJP Lovely, Narcisco Rodriguez, D&G Intense, and a couple other things. It smells like a musk or sandalwood smell, very earthy. It has me a bit worried that maybe my "smeller" is broken in that I can't smell anything else. It has only been in the past few months too. I thought I would ask if any of you have any ideas?

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Just got a sample of Beach by Bobbie Brown. Delicious! I am trying not to eat the rest of it.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
It (Beaches) reminds me of the old Coppertone suntan lotion.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am having a weird issue with my perfumes and skin care items for the past few months. They all smell the same or they all have one ingredient that I can smell over everything else. It doesn't matter which one. I can smell this in my Yonka facial toner, my cheaper SJP Lovely, Narcisco Rodriguez, D&G Intense, and a couple other things. It smells like a musk or sandalwood smell, very earthy. It has me a bit worried that maybe my "smeller" is broken in that I can't smell anything else. It has only been in the past few months too. I thought I would ask if any of you have any ideas?

It sounds like possibly Cashmeran and/or Ambrox... and its likely not just you, they use that shit in everything! Your perfumes listed are roughly same genre and yes its probably why you smell it most.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It sounds like possibly Cashmeran and/or Ambrox... and its likely not just you, they use that shit in everything! Your perfumes listed are roughly same genre and yes its probably why you smell it most.
This is interesting and thank you.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@Arcadian do you have an opinion on the brand Ex Nihilo? I am loving the samples and just might splurge. Do you have much experience with the brand?

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results