carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A short Driveby today.

Today I'm wearing Amouage Love Tuberose. Sweeter than Honor (honor you can smell the spices and tartness of the rhubarb) I sometimes get this very sweet but cold anise smell from LT, Also, there's something minty. (does not smell like eucalyptus though!) In all, I like it, though maybe not as much as I like Honour!

Reactions: AV_

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I must have tried a ton of stuff since Tribute (Amouage) disappeared, and nothing else made me use perfume every day like it did. I have run through their Library collection, but... - well, I still want the latest.
Then, a sample of rock rose (Cistus Ladanifer) found me! I am in love & it must be obvious. The scent does not last too long - a couple of hours, but it is a finely layered complication, much unlike anything else; quite some discovery, by my taste.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I must have tried a ton of stuff since Tribute (Amouage) disappeared, and nothing else made me use perfume every day like it did. I have run through their Library collection, but... - well, I still want the latest.
Then, a sample of rock rose (Cistus Ladanifer) found me! I am in love & it must be obvious. The scent does not last too long - a couple of hours, but it is a finely layered complication, much unlike anything else; quite some discovery, by my taste.

I had heard that you can get some of the attars still but only in Oman. They're not available worldwide. (you can also sometimes find them on ebay...dropped off what truck I don't know...lol)

Tribute though is one that lots of people loved. I had some allergy issues with some of their attars, so I didn't pursue them very often.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I am leery of unofficial potions, Oman is far, so I have given up. I like - at last like, everything that C. Chong does (and this man's choice of jewelry, coincidentally!), but Tribute was something else... I hope that no one will outlaw cistus l.! The weed is everywhere - the most spectacularly scented object I know; extracts are uneven - as expected, so I am rather interested to try everything (fun, of course .)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wearing Green Irish Tweed Today. Of course. :mrgreen2: May the luck and sweet smell of the Irish be with you. :mrgreen:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
'Sweet smell of the Irish' - after a good party! ... I take that's a musk @missy

Have fun!

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock
I'm wearing Le Labo Patchouli 24...my signature scent

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
'Sweet smell of the Irish' - after a good party! ... I take that's a musk @missy

Have fun!

Lolol, yes, plus
Hops and /or malt....

@AV_ Have you tried
Guerlain Musc Noble for cistus labdanum?

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry about the HUGE font... No idea how that happened....

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Will have to try!

... yes, cistus does work with musk as Guerlain says - it is too obvious

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I'm wearing Le Labo Patchouli 24...my signature scent

I am intrigued to hear about your having a 'signature scent'... How long do you keep using one? How do you choose them?

I might be extreme in wanting the same much of the time, so this thread about 'scents of the day' (implying frequent changes - that I'd never do left to my own devices) is fascinating for talking of something so different (& beautiful!).

Just a thought...

I do not intend to pry.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My SOTD is simple and easy and comforting and very not chic. It's La Vanila Vanilla Lavender. Ingredients are Spanish Lavender, Rose absolute, Violet Leaf and Madagscar Vanilla. It's a clean, serene and comforting scent. Perfect for staying at home and recuperating.

Sadly I do not think it is being manufactured anymore and I am almost out.:(2

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tested Hermès Un Jardin sur la Lagune.
So far: not impressed.
I am a big fan of the jardins series and own all except "un jardin après la mousson", à la because I don't like the aquatic note. The aquatic note is even stronger in Lagune. In the beginning there's also a chemical note that reminds me of Diesel. Maybe the boat that got wrecked in the Laguna? A scrubber, but unfortunately it got on my coat :roll

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock
I am intrigued to hear about your having a 'signature scent'... How long do you keep using one? How do you choose them?

I might be extreme in wanting the same much of the time, so this thread about 'scents of the day' (implying frequent changes - that I'd never do left to my own devices) is fascinating for talking of something so different (& beautiful!).

Just a thought...

I do not intend to pry.

Hmmm...when I first started wearing perfume on the regular, it was sometime during the early 2000's. I saw an ad for BCBGirls perfume and went to Nordies to try them on..there was like 4 or 5 scents from that line. I picked Star and wore it religiously for maybe 6 years. Then I heard about Thierry Mugler's Angel, tried it and loved it. I think it was around 2010 when I read about Le Labo on someone's Instagram while she was reviewing Vetiver 46. I went on the site and ordered a bunch of samples. I use alot of essential oils and patchouli is my favorite so it was no surprise I fell in love with Patchouli 24.

I'm so enamoured with this scent, I don't see myself changing fragrances for a long time, if ever! :mrgreen2:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@xsouzie Thank you for the details!

I have indeed went through bery similar 'steps' - including use of essential oils, except the range is different - I have ever went for resin and musk types, with many years spent with Tribute, then just wandering through samples as I couldn't quite replace it. It is fun to be trying things, but even nicer to have a signature scent waiting in the morning...

Of course, I am curious about Patchouli 24 now! & will try.

BrownGinger

Shiny_Rock
Today is Amour Nocturne by L’Artisan Parfumeur,
with supposed notes of cedar, caramel, hot milk, gunpowder, and orchid. I’m trying to make one last rotation through my cold weather scents before it gets too warm.

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock
@xsouzie Thank you for the details!

I have indeed went through bery similar 'steps' - including use of essential oils, except the range is different - I have ever went for resin and musk types, with many years spent with Tribute, then just wandering through samples as I couldn't quite replace it. It is fun to be trying things, but even nicer to have a signature scent waiting in the morning...

Of course, I am curious about Patchouli 24 now! & will try.
It's definitely not for everyone. Le Labo describes it as "A scent filled with danger...for those of us who like to walk a tight rope." Alot of the bad reviews say it smells like burnt ham/bbq/motor oil/rubber LOL...but I don't think so. At least not on me. They also say they can't smell the patchouli but I definitely can. Upon first spray, it smells smokey/leathery..then you smell the patchouli followed by vanilla.

Quite an interesting scent. I always get asked what I'm wearing and get compliments all the time =)2

I also really loved Labdanum 18 but found the scent didn't last very long..

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The last week I've worn a medly of crazy stuff. Today I'm wearing Costume National 21. I really love the originality of this scent, its spiced milk...lol

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm wearing vanille44 and my dog must have thought I was a dessert, because no sooner did he smell me than he started to try to lick me behind the ears where I had put it! I had not worn a vanilla scent since I got him!

Deb

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Back to wearing perfume (and hoping I don't experience any horrible reactions ie allergic dermatitis) and ahh it's so nice. Today is Hermessence Vetiver Tonka by Hermes. Perfect for this lovely Spring Easter Sunday.

FlashyFlamingo

Shiny_Rock
Today is my first day back to work in more than three months. I tried to quit and they gave me a promotion, so back I go with guns blazing! I’m wearing Juliette Has A Gun in Not a Perfume. It has a really clean, outdoorsy scent. It’s a single note perfume that smells a little different on everyone.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jo Malone Star Magnolia. Pretty spring floral, brought to me by my adorable Easter Bunny (DH), who has no interest in perfume whatsoever, but still rememberd he had seen those bottles (Jo Malone) and that I LOVE LOVE Love Magnolias. :love:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Burberry Baby Touch (non alcoholic). 1. Its strong for a non alcoholic perfume. 2. IMO smells like a unused diaper...lol People seem to really like it on me but for me personally, its diaper smell.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I generally don't dig super powdery perfumes, but somehow or another I've come to appreciate them.

Today I'm wearing Oriza Legrand Jardins d'Armide. This is like a huge violet and rose powder mixed with honey. Not terribly sweet (though sweet), and just cuddly! Excellent longevity but not super in your face. I do like this one better than LV's Teint de Neige. (both can be pretty hard to find in the states though....)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yesterday I got my bottle of Shangri-La by Hiram Green. Yes folks, its all natural and WORTH THE MONEY!:appl: I heard he's getting rid of stock because its got oakmoss and boy can you smell it! lovely spiced peaches, earthy moss, really lovely all the way around. Lasting power and sillage is amazing.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yesterday I got my bottle of Shangri-La by Hiram Green. Yes folks, its all natural and WORTH THE MONEY!:appl: I heard he's getting rid of stock because its got oakmoss and boy can you smell it! lovely spiced peaches, earthy moss, really lovely all the way around. Lasting power and sillage is amazing.

Ooo! That sounds wonderful! I do love me a chypre! :) I'm SO tempted, being an oakmoss trollop, apparently. ;)) But I've got other things that need buying so I'll have to pass, sadly.

You know, I must admit I couldn't discern the note that is oakmoss if my life depended on it. But I must love it, because I love love LOVE my vintage Miss Dior, Aliage, and now a vintage Givenchy III and my (recently) snagged whole ounce of vintage Hermes Caléche. Other than the Aliage, they open very much alike, with the Givenchy being very fleeting and soft on me, the Miss Dior is leather dry-down heaven, and something in Caléche is VERY potent and lasts forever.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooo! That sounds wonderful! I do love me a chypre! :) I'm SO tempted, being an oakmoss trollop, apparently. ;)) But I've got other things that need buying so I'll have to pass, sadly.

You know, I must admit I couldn't discern the note that is oakmoss if my life depended on it. But I must love it, because I love love LOVE my vintage Miss Dior, Aliage, and now a vintage Givenchy III and my (recently) snagged whole ounce of vintage Hermes Caléche. Other than the Aliage, they open very much alike, with the Givenchy being very fleeting and soft on me, the Miss Dior is leather dry-down heaven, and something in Caléche is VERY potent and lasts forever.

I'm one of those where I can either really love the oakmoss or really really hate it. But I also pick up on it pretty easily, not sure why. Chypre's really aren't my genre (I'm such a floral girl!!) but I do like to peek on that side of life.

Today I'm wearing Une Femme de Caron.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I ordered a sample of Vanilla Vibes by Juliette Has a Gun. It's a new perfume and I am looking forward to receiving it. Will share my thoughts here when I do. The notes include fleur de sel, vanilla, orchid, sandalwood, tonka bean, brown musk and benzoin. I am allergic to tincture of benzoin (topical used to paint on sterisrips) so I hope I don't get an allergic reaction to this perfume. Fingers crossed.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Keihl's Aromatic Blends: Vanilla & Cedarwood. I managed to get one from the website before they all disappeared, (I have the lotion, its so yummy!) I love how unsweet it is. I wish they never discontinued it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results