shape
carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its been quite cool (for South Florida!) so we've been enjoying this. THe dog usually drags her butt when we walk but now her step is nice and peppy. And at 63 degrees, I actually need a light jacket:P2

Today I wore Diptyque 34 EDP. Of course it just sings in this weather.:love:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For halloweenie I'm wearing Bois de Paradis. At least for the morning. Since I'll be giving out candy this evening, I'll likely switch to something that is more kid friendly...lol

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm being boring but sometimes boring means you just want to smell good!!!
Prada Infusion D'Iris!

Reactions: AV_

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today L'artisan Rappelle-Toi

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today will be vintage Arpege. I just snagged a pristine unopened 2-oz (54ml) bottle from the 1940s, for a mere $50. It smells lovely, although much softer than the somewhat later vintages I have. Still has such a lovely sandalwood drydown.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I am eau de naked:mrgreen2::lol-2: Working on a deadline and waiting for fedex to bring me somethingo_O Its a very soggy 70 degrees though.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I am eau de naked:mrgreen2::lol-2: Working on a deadline and waiting for fedex to bring me somethingo_O Its a very soggy 70 degrees though.

Ahh I appreciate the “eau de nude”. An oldie (from me at least Hahahaha) but a goodie. :lol:

It’s a warm soggy day here too. Wearing Hermessence Vetiver Tonka. Reminds me of the spring to come. Cmon spring. :P2 Not a fan of the brutally cold weather that I know is around the corner though I get to wear my winter vanilla perfumes so there’s that.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recently got the sephora holiday sampler and got the Tom Ford Black Orchid. I'm finding how the scent changes over time to be fascinating. at the tail end it seems the sweet notes linger longest and it is sort of vanilla even though when you first spray it on it smells almost bitter.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd also love recommendations for complex grapefruit scents.
Most I've come across are too sweet or too one note citrus and most don't last very long. I like the idea of a spicy, deeper grapefruit perfume but have yet to find it. :/

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd also love recommendations for complex grapefruit scents.
Most I've come across are too sweet or too one note citrus and most don't last very long. I like the idea of a spicy, deeper grapefruit perfume but have yet to find it. :/

Citrus in general is one of the notes that usually is a topnote and therefore rarely lasts but here some I can think of off the top of my head that might work (do sample these first though!)

Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi
Bodecia the Victorious Energizer (I call this super citrus!)
Maison Francis Kurkdjian
Petit Matin
Aqua Universalis Forte
Aqua Vitae Forte

Aqua di Parma has lots of citrus scents that are lovely but do NOT last.
April Aromatics has one called Ray of Light. It does NOT last but OMG I love this! (its not cheap either)

Also try Roberto Verino VV Platinum. Its not all citrus and tea and some florals are mixed in but its very bright and beautiful perfume. sticks around for a long time even in soupy hot weather.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks!

One of the reasons I like Tom Fords black orchid is that it’s somewhat unisex. I find I don’t like overly “feminine” scents.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks!

One of the reasons I like Tom Fords black orchid is that it’s somewhat unisex. I find I don’t like overly “feminine” scents.

Most of that I noted above (sans Roberto Verino) are pretty much unisex. I personally don't find it very femmy, but there's a floral component to it.

But tolerance for that type of thing is not very universal which is why I'm in the camp of "always sample first:mrgreen2:)

One other which is femme but not what I would consider "super femmy" is Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Pera Granita. Its got tons of grapefruit/citrus/petit grain. Problem is that its not the longest lasting perfume (4 hours max for me) .

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Serge Lutens Jeux de Peau that I got as a decant. Hmmm.... this is a strange scent. Its pretty foody without being super sweet. Kinda like walking into a pastry shop and getting an apricot pastry, but as you turn around, this licorice walks in front of you in a trench, and then flashes you...:lol-2:. So, you find a seat, drink some milky sandalwood and every once in a while the licorice does a driveby and flashes you. Its an experience and a fun one. I would buy a full bottle but I'd only wear it at this time of year.... I can't imagine wearing this in summer! Def. for those who like Uncle Serge's perfumes.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speaking of foody, I'm sitting next to my dh enjoying coffee in bed and all the kitties have joined us. And my dh just made the most yummy smelling oatmeal I have ever had the pleasure of smelling. Cinammon, raisins, almonds and water (not milk). Someone needs to bottle this fragrance if it isn't already in creation. It smells heavenly.

yumoatmeal.gif

I might not be able to enjoy eating the oatmeal but man I am enjoying smelling it.
grinNbrew.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today is the beatifully Man! Darrin! from Haute Parfums.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SOTD yesterday was Tom Ford Vanille Fatale...I had previously liked this perfume however yesterday all I got from it was the smell of well let's just say something unpleasant. Think of animals and bodily functions. And it ended up smelling like Play Doh on me yesterday. The notes are Saffron, coriander, frangipani, narcissus, coffee absolute, mahogany, roasted barley, vanilla, myrhh, olibanum. But really after yesterday's experience I won't be trying in again anytime soon.

So weird how something I once enjoyed smelling on me became something I most decidedly did not enjoy.::)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
today I'm wearing YSL Cinema, pre-reformulation.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm boring. Wearing my No. 5 EDC. :))

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have succumbed to the allure of the red bottle. Why Chanel, oh why do you do this to me?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Frederic Malle Lys Mediteranee. Probably spelled it wrong:mrgreen2::lol-2: Where as Cartier Basier Vole can come off as a little cold and distant,this is truely the opposite. This one wants sun and humidity. And, I can attest, smells fantastic at the beach!!

I only did 10ml of this, but hmmm could be the bottle I ask for this year for my birthday :kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls! Hope everyone is sitting and smelling pretty. I have missed you ladies. I just haven't wanted to be a bore saying I am wearing the same perfume day after day but I am :lol:...my Vaniglia Del Madagascar. It's just so yummy and I am not yet getting tired of wearing it. Love hearing what y'all are wearing each day though and will have to remember to check in here more often.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls! Hope everyone is sitting and smelling pretty. I have missed you ladies. I just haven't wanted to be a bore saying I am wearing the same perfume day after day but I am :lol:...my Vaniglia Del Madagascar. It's just so yummy and I am not yet getting tired of wearing it. Love hearing what y'all are wearing each day though and will have to remember to check in here more often.

It's been exactly like this for me as well Can only tolerate JM Mimosa Cardamom and Tauerville Vanilla flash atm.
I enjoy both tremendously, and I but have nothing new to report.

Isn't Lys méditerranée a stunner, à @Arcadian ? Enjoy!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
What do you think of Floris stuff?

I have not bought anything from them for years! Instagram brought them up, temptingly.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't smelled Floris in quite some time myself. I might have to give them a sniff sometime soon!

Today I'm wearing Cerruti Bella Notte. I had no idea this even existed until I got a sample from someone . Interesting! I would have never guessed I'd like blackberry in perfumery! Its quite an combo of Neroli blackberry and a very animalic musk. Super unsex and amazingly long lasting.

Cerruti as a house has kind of surprised me. They don't get a ton of praise (they should) in fragrance circles. I got a bottle of the 1881 Edition Blanche which I really love (so surprising) based on a sample I was given but then again, I do love mimosa and here its its TDF.....

SparkleFest

Shiny_Rock
Oh golly you alls, a BIG thank you to each of you for contributing to this thread. Because of reading this (not the whole thing yet, but a lot), I thought I'd try yet again to see if Chypre by Coty (an oldie) was anywhere. Last time I tried to find it was before the internet.

I found a lady on Etsy (probably one of YOU!!), who sold me a small sample, and I am just literally over the moon right now, smelling like I do! :bigsmile:

The majority of fragrances turn on me to what I would only describe as frog pee. Very sad as I love fragrance. Chypre was my favorite of all time, but I didn't find it til late, and then it was gone! So now I see on both Etsy and Ebay vintage bottles, I will for sure be getting one, after the after-Christmas money settles down!

Oh my gosh I smell good. It changes on me to be better and better all thru the day, I remember that very clearly and it's like finding an old friend.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This year, no perfumes for christmas. I'm good, I don't really need more (I GUESS!!!!) It would need to be something pretty darn spectactular consdering I've run out of room in the closet. Ok, maybe I'd get a caron......don't know.

Today however, I'm wearing Amouage Blossom Love. via manufacter's sample. Its not my personal favorite from the house but its still very beautiful. I'm not the biggest fan of Amaretto and maybe thats why I was ready to scrub it off...lol

But given enough time, it burns off and you get a really lovely cherry blossom scent. Def. a spring scent for most parts of the US. Where I am, right about now is pretty suitable.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks to @kipari I am enjoying some of the Tauerville line now. Today I am wearing Incense Flash Eau de Parfum. Smoky and warm. Perfect for this icy cold day.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great news @missy! Enjoy!!

Sotd:Jo Malone wood sage & sea salt.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are any of you familiar with Ava Luxe? Just going through some of my older fragrances sorting things and I found my Cashmere musk and Nude musk. They smell yummy. Tomorrow I will wear one of those.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results