carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Too chilly here for the (calendar) time of year. When only Youth Dew will suit.

cheers--Sharon

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Too chilly here for the (calendar) time of year. When only Youth Dew will suit.

cheers--Sharon

Define chilly. I'm in Florida and its currently 87F.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Brecourt Farah. this is so blow your hair back good!!! Its sweet though but not actually in a bad way. Thankfully only a small decant because Florida is not the place to wear this stuff unless it gets down to 40F degrees (it can...in february...for a day or 2)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Ex Nihlo--French Affair. Cold wet day--see if this brightens my mood or not!

cheers--Sharon

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi all! Back from vacay and back to work (boo). Wearing Womanity Eau Pour Elles. Such weirdness - like a buttery aquatic fig?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Madmoiselle Guerlain, Reminds me of 2 other Guerlains though. Le Boise Torride and LPRN. This one is gone in like 2 hours though. Thankfully only a sample and not a full bottle!

Reactions: AV_

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gucci Bloom today. I like the white floral scent but unfortunately this scent has zero lasting power on me.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Guerlain Neroli Outrenoir Gosh I love this so much. Some days though (especially with the humidity down here) it smells SOOOOO GOOOD. Then there are days you get a whiff of ash...:lol-2: I don't really mind it too much, its just kinda a weird thing. Neroli flowers, Oranges, Tea, and ash.

Paigeag800

Rough_Rock
Nothing fancy, Philosphy Pure Grace, most perfumes make me ill, but I love the clean crisp scent of this one.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today is Molinard Patchouli Intense. YAAAAAAASSSSSSS:love: There are times I just am in the mood for this., and this was really one of those days. The antithetical of Dyptyque's beautiful but very neutral Tempo. Such a gorgeous perfume with the right amount of sweet in it to keep the patch in check. I snatched a bottle of this for under 40 bucks on FragNet. :appl:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Parfums Delrae Mythique:love::lickout:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today Balmain Ambre Gris which is now discontinued. A beautiful salty grey amber with a touch (literally) of tuberose. My bottle will probably last the rest of my life I use it so little (it gets metallic in the summer which I really hate)

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today Balmain Ambre Gris which is now discontinued. A beautiful salty grey amber with a touch (literally) of tuberose. My bottle will probably last the rest of my life I use it so little (it gets metallic in the summer which I really hate)
Really like that one, you smell fab!
I'm dealing with gorgeous autumn weather, which is a challenge perfume wise. Chilly mornings (most days REALLY cold) and scorching hot afternoons. For me JM mimosa and Cardamom has enough warmth for the mornings and is still not too much in the heat. I have deeply regretted some cold weather frags over the last couple of days...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Molinard Vanille...the original which I cannot find anymore. Once this bottle is finished it's finished. :cry2:
A perfect cool autumn day fragrance. No pretense. Carefree and beautiful like a fresh cool breezy autumn morning.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IFRA sucks.

Today I'm wearing vintage Chamade, which is just not the same as that watered down dreck thats at the stores these days.

Molinard is usually quite good about formulations. There's a vanille EDP (no longer edt) smells pretty much the same but heavier/longer lasting.

Speaking of vanilla, thats something that the price of is just going through the roof and the real stuff is very rarely used in perfumery anymore.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speaking of vanilla, thats something that the price of is just going through the roof
I was shocked to learn that my go-to vanilla (I drive 25mins into town for that) doubled in priceo_O over 3months

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today is my very small sample of Diptyque Tempo. I really want this. I never knew I loved patchouli so much....lol

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tonight I'm wearing my decant of Lori Rodkin Gothic I There is just SOOOO much going on. Its changed profiles since i first got it, and now the patch that used to be kinda rough has really smoothed out. Still does smell like you've been drinking rum even when you haven't...lol

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
today wearing Jolie Madam.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Guerlain my Guerlain. Better than I thought and easy to wear gourmand. AND no sugar note on me. Great for autumn

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was shocked to learn that my go-to vanilla (I drive 25mins into town for that) doubled in priceo_O over 3months
@kipari please remind me what is your go to Vanilla?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Arcadian based on your rec I just purchased the EDP versions of Molinard Vanille. I figured at that price I had very little to lose.
Wearing the EDT again today. It's an easy fragrance to wear and reminds me of my youth for some reason. Maybe because it is reminiscent (for me) of my favorite soda pop in my preadolescence. Sarsaparilla.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry @missy, I was too ambiguous. I was talking about my organic finely milled vanilla pods from Verlet Paris.
My fave vanilla fragrance hasn't doubled in price. It's Tauerville vanilla flash. Very tobacco-y vanilla.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kipari, that sounds yuimmy. Also I maybe should have known this (but dummy did not know this) you can get a small amount of vanilla locally grown and made here in Florida. Its expensive as hell though, but I wanna try it:mrgreen2:.

Today they're saying it will be about 90ish degrees:roll2: no matter, I'm wearing Chergui anyway:lol-2: Its drier which helps a lot.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry @missy, I was too ambiguous. I was talking about my organic finely milled vanilla pods from Verlet Paris.
My fave vanilla fragrance hasn't doubled in price. It's Tauerville vanilla flash. Very tobacco-y vanilla.

Thanks @kipari. I love a good tobacco-y vanilla. Some that come to mind are Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille and Micallef's Note Vanillee. Oh and Intoxicated by Kilian. My mind's a blank right now because I used to love one by L'artisan Parfumeur but I cannot think of the perfume right now that had a delicious tobacco note.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy have you smelled Guerlain's Tonka Imperiale? On my skin its got a definite cherry tobacco note that is really super nice. I hate the fact its nearly 300 dollars and only 75mls (:eek2:) But I luckily found it on fragnet for half that. hoping they have it again sometime.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @kipari. I love a good tobacco-y vanilla. Some that come to mind are Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille and Micallef's Note Vanillee. Oh and Intoxicated by Kilian. My mind's a blank right now because I used to love one by L'artisan Parfumeur but I cannot think of the perfume right now that had a delicious tobacco note.
L'AP Tea for two?
Vanilla flash is very similar, I love both, but maybe the Tauer a bit more... if you like the Tom Ford and tea for two, then you really need to try Tauerville vanilla flash. Andy Tauer is such a talented and sweet guy, and is essentially still a one man show. I always make sure to order directly from his own website - he'll includea hhand-written note (no affiliation, and lol)

sparlie

Shiny_Rock
I love Philosophy Pure Grace, but it does not last on me. Any suggestions of other eau de toilettes that might be similar in scent? Can't do perfume as it is too strong for me. Thanks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results