shape
carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy isn't it surprising every single time?I'm sure I'd love/hate it from the notes and then it's the opposite ...

I'm in the sadly d/c'd violet blonde by Tom Ford. Green Violet and citrus in the opening are later joined by Iris with Jasmin and a musky woody base.

Somehow I like quite a few of his fragrances... even if I have been holding a grudge against him ever since I've read an interview where he stated that his fashion is intended for women who have not passed a certain age nor weight...
Errrmmm, if I buy a pair of 1500$pants it is YOUR job to make me look like I haven't passed a certain age/weight... money saved

Oh that is disappointing! Yes I agree with you that I hate finding out people whose products I enjoy are crappy human beings and it does change/affect my purchasing decisions. Grrrrr Tom Ford rude stupid man.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tom Ford Jasmine Rouge, anyone have it? I'm interested in it since I LOVE Jasmine but I can't find it in store anywhere to try it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jasmine Rouge is Jasmin on steroids! I mostly get jasmine, vanilla, ylang-ylang, and spicy something or another, and cardamom. Its pretty but VERY loud for the first hour or 2. Its unwearable in summer. (at least my summers here!)

Just don't over spray, you can get into mothball territory.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @missy and @Arcadian I'm generally a one spray kind of girl so hopefully we'll get along! For now I have a Jasmine solid from Lush.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah crapsome. A bad day today.

I sallied forth today, out to sniff stuff. I wanted to do a comparison (as much as can be, considering that the vintage is no longer made, and the concentrations are different) of my new/old No 5 cologne, to the modern EDT.

So off I go, to the one and only Chanel counter is this blasted town. On the way I sprayed a few cards that I did not sniff but carefully stashed in small plastic bags. Didn't want to wear out the sniffer, right? Anyway, I was sporting the old EDC on one wrist, and so put the EDT on the other wrist.

Annnnd......it kinda kept occurring to me that while I didn't care for the EDT, some note that made it smell like a man's cologne to me, the wrist with the EDC didn't smell as rich as usual either.

Then I got home, and hooray! My small bottle of vintage Estee Lauder Aliage had arrived! Packaging was perfect for the era (late 70s) and the small full bottle clearly is pressurized with evil CFCs, thus no air exposure to be expected. So, I don't know how many of you ever tried Aliage, but back in the day it was a knock you over GREEN MOSSY WOODSY BIG fragrance. I sprayed it on and.....damn near nothin'.

I know vintages are a risky but I'm thinking before I chalk this up to an unopened bottle in its original packaging, going off to the point it has almost zero scent, that today is one of THOSE days. When my ability to smell is cutting in and out. It's not like I am anosmic exactly, just that everything is veiled somehow. Think your vision dim or colors desaturated, applied to smell. It's very likely MS-related, and it's frustrating to say the least. It will probably be better tomorrow, but still. :cry2:

Sigh...

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been out of the perfume game for a while! Finally I'm BACK! today I'm wearing Chanel Bois des Isles. Such a lovely, soothing scent. I think people associate it with No5 because of the aldehydes. Thankfully with the EDP, thats been cut pretty significantly.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wearing just a light spray of Tihota. A little goes a long way. Perfect for a cold bleak winter's day.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shoveling snow in traversée du Bosphore. Have a nice weekend everyone!

Eta: now adding a touch of firewood... yumm

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today is layer day. Amouage Honour (one of my favorites) with a layer of Keihl's Original musk. Some would say but why? but why not? Honor is beautiful, and for such a full fledged white floral fragrance, it retains a freshness (thank you rhubarb!). Not skanky in the least, not a big gigantic floral thing. A white floral for white floral haters. IMO sometimes it needs SKANK and this is were OM comes in. I love OM, even by itself. But I've noticed down here especially with the humidity, some days that first spray smells a little poopy :lol: Thankfully it dosen't stay that way (hell I'd never wear it!) It also adds depth to some fragrances where I feel its needed. Honor does have spices but its done with such a light hand, so the added musk helps the spices to really shine.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
it it SPRING here. Lots of new leaves everywhere. So today its Parfums delRae Amoureuse. This is one that I have no choice BUT to be conservative with because it will nearly kill you coming out the bottle. Which also means the bottle is still more than half full....lol But in moderation...oh my word its gorgeous. Not a frilly thing but kinda is? Lily, honey, citrus, oakmoss (the real deal here folks!) . I swear as it gets older, that oakmoss really does come out more. A dry spiced floral. Yum:lickout:

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My nose has returned from its....walkabout. ;-) I can smell stuff pretty well again. Yay! Although, whether my nose is back to "normal" (whatever that is) is debatable.

I tried Ormonde Woman again yesterday, and unlike the first time, which I found lovely, this time it stayed exactly as it opened, for HOURS. I kept waiting for it to moderate, and change, and it just did not. So weird. And I ended up scrubbing it.

Today, I'm not feeling the least bit adventurous, so I'm just doing your classic white floral - j'adore l'absolu. It is beautiful, not in anyone's face, and doesn't require much of me, which is good, because I'm not up to an olfactory challenge of any kind today.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yummm at amoureuse!!!

We're still in the midst of Winter. I'm in Molinard Habanita, which is still a bit much for me. I prefer my tocacco with a black tea or vanilla note. This turns slightly dusty and very honeyed and powdery on me in the drydown.

Hats off to a classic, just not "me".

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My fragrance of the day is Eau de Missy. As in nude, nada and nothing. As far as parfum goes that is. :lol:
I’m wearing no perfume today. Sometimes I just enjoy wearing no fragrance at all.
Today is one of those days.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so happy I didn't purchase a FB of the Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat perfume. I listened to my inner voice telling me if @Arcadian hated it be very careful. And girl you were (no surprise here) right! I ordered another sample and now wearing it makes me go yuck. Too sweet. Whew, just saved $420! Thank you Arcadian!:appl:

Wore Vaniglia Del Madagascar for Valentine's Day. My favorite vanilla.

Hope everyone had a sweet Valentine's celebration with their love.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lol @missy But some very serious gourmies love this stuff. Its just a bit much for the rest of us I think...

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tonight I've reached the end of an era...the tail end of an opened bottle of CdG Daphne. Yes I got more (hell I got 2 more!!:lol:) But it just reminds me that this is discontinued. why they would discontinue such a great scent like this is just crazy.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lol @missy But some very serious gourmies love this stuff. Its just a bit much for the rest of us I think...

What concerns me is that I first loved it and only after wearing it for a few weeks (on and off) did I realize no it is not for me. So OMG it isn't only diamonds I cannot make my mind up about but perfume as well. What is happening to me lol. As I get older I get more indecisive. Isn't it supposed to go the other way around?8)

I am very glad I ordered another sample just to be sure. I never did that before and usually I know after wearing one full sample. Thanks @Arcadian because that is due in no small part to you.:wavey:

I am also becoming less enamored of the sweeter scents in general. Oh no I will have to get a whole new perfume collection!:boohoo:

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ooooh can I play too? I am a big perfume junkie!
Today I am wearing Balmain Ivoire (not the old version), which is the default office/work/business meeting scent for me. Michel Almairac, the nose, can do no wrong in my eyes. In fact I like almost everything he made.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome @Cockatiel :wavey: Its open to anyone to join!

Today I'm wearing Aramis Calligraphy Rose. This stuff never gets old.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great choice! I strangely get almost no rose from it. I get a lot of geranium instead and myrrh. Still smells like nothing else though!

Wow thats crazy! I get big giant jammy roses which can stick around for hours. Of course I love the drydown, but I don't get a lot of geranium. Caron Rose for me is the geranium powerhouse (I love this too but the rose for me is tamped down quite a lot)

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I could smell geranium + myrrh just reading of them here last evening ... - two favorite scents. I can't say I recall of any fragrance dominated by this combination ! (not that I am saying much ... )

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow thats crazy! I get big giant jammy roses which can stick around for hours. Of course I love the drydown, but I don't get a lot of geranium. Caron Rose for me is the geranium powerhouse (I love this too but the rose for me is tamped down quite a lot)

Caron Rose is on my list to try! Today I am wearing Amouage Gold. I only have a decant of this. Sadly I won't ever end up buying a full bottle because I already have Caleche Soie de Parfum which is quite similar, and told myself I can't buy Gold unless I use up Caleche first. I can't remember the last time I finished a full bottle! I prefer Gold though....it's such a sparkling scent!

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Being old-fashioned again. I snagged another bottle of No. 5, this time an vintage unopened bottle of the EDT, rather than the EDC. Both were still sealed, but this one even came in the box. It is just a wonderful as the EDC, and honestly, I can't really tell much difference, although I'm sure there must be. The EDC may actually opens a bit...stronger? Maybe? No matter. They're both perfect. :)

I do believe I'm set for No. 5 now, for the bulk of the rest of my life. And I'm on perfume detention for a bit. I was pretty bad in Dec and Jan. Time for a breather.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enjoying tobacco vanille this morning. A little goes a long way.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today is Chanel Beige. Speaking of Chanel has anyone tried Coco Mad intense? I've read about it, but have not had much opportunity to seek it out. I don't see a bottle of this in my future considering i have a bottle of 2009 stuff which is straight ridiculous....lol (love it tho!)

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Today is Chanel Beige. Speaking of Chanel has anyone tried Coco Mad intense? I've read about it, but have not had much opportunity to seek it out. I don't see a bottle of this in my future considering i have a bottle of 2009 stuff which is straight ridiculous....lol (love it tho!)
I love Beige! So sophisticated....def my fav Chanel. Sorry haven't tried Coco Mademoiselle intense

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Beige! So sophisticated....def my fav Chanel. Sorry haven't tried Coco Mademoiselle intense

I didn't fall in love with Beige until it was an EDP. the EDT always was kinda...screechy soap...lol but the EDP has the depth I always felt was missing. I think for the most part the Exclif line got majorly improved by making them EDP's. A few suffered like IMO Sycomore and La Pausa, but most benefitted. BdI especially because the aldehyes were pretty darn killer..lol

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results