shape
carat
color
clarity

Football Fans Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
23.gif
PS ladies talking football?

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My poor hubby is a Cincinnati Bengals fan, and has been since he was a kid. He gets his hopes up every year. It''s kind of sad. He was in Cleveland yesterday for a business trip beginning today, so he went to the Browns/Cowboys game.

I have always been a Packers fan, and I still will be without Farve. I refuse to cheer for the Jets! In college football we''re WV Mountaineer fans, although they stunk up the field on Saturday.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Watching the vikings/packers game now. Not much going on during the 1st qtr.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
I lived in Cincinnati for several years...poor Bungles. They just stink up the joint. I really thought that Marvin Lewis coming in was going to make a big difference...but apparently not. It was really nice to go see the Steelers play the Bungles in Cincinnati...I would say that easily 1/3 of the stadium were Steeler fans!

I''m so freaking excited about football season! I LOVE IT!!!!!

I''m excited to see my Steelers next Sunday night - and I''m still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that we''ve got a KILLER franchise QB. I was too young to appreciate the steelers in their hayday in the 70s...so the Steelers I remember was a lot of Bubby Brister, Mark Malone, Kordell Stewart, Tommy Maddox, and of course, Neal (I''m playing for the Cowboys in the 1995 Superbowl) O''Donnell.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I too am a Colts fan- Peyton Manning is my secret boyfriend. The man is a machine!! I am not a big fan of Tom Brady, but having seriously injured my knee before, I feel SO bad for him! It is absolutely excruciating!!! I am also a fan of Baby Manning as well. He did me proud last year.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, and I will say that Peyton Manning is TOTALLY my secret boyfriend too! Ever since he hosted SNL. That United Way bit...that was just so freaking funny...Thus, I will love him forever. Plus, he called Vanderjaak an idiot kicker. Hehee. Love it. Also, he has a rivalry with the HATED Pats...and the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Or something like that.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/8/2008 5:30:16 PM
Author: omieluv

Date: 9/8/2008 4:49:46 PM
Author: dockman3

Date: 9/8/2008 12:01:00 PM
Author: Catmom
GO BEARSSSSSSS!!!!!

Da Bears! What a great game last night! The bears are looking good for the season, and as long as they stay healthy, they should be able to make a run at the Super Bowl again.
I am so excited about Forte...he looked great!
Oh me too and the fact that Orton actually ran for yards is amazing!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
39.gif

Date: 9/8/2008 9:04:18 PM
Author: Tuckins1
I too am a Colts fan- Peyton Manning is my secret boyfriend. The man is a machine!! I am not a big fan of Tom Brady, but having seriously injured my knee before, I feel SO bad for him! It is absolutely excruciating!!! I am also a fan of Baby Manning as well. He did me proud last year.
They did absolutely NOTHING for my fantasy football team this week. I was lucky not to lose points. I am on the verge of waiving them, but I don''t want to do anything rash.
39.gif
38.gif

hthip

Rough_Rock
CHARGERS fan here too!

I still can''t believe how we lost. Not to mention, we lost to the Panthers w/o their star reciever Steve Smith.
38.gif
Hopefully, this will WAKE the team up.

I''m happy for former Chargers, Drew Brees and Michael Turner. New Orleans Saints are looking good for the season. Michael Turner had a great game as a starter finally! If these guys had gone to any team in our division or conference, I wouldn''t be cheering.

Can''t imagine a football season w/o Tom Brady.

Still have a little bitterness towards Eli Manning, so I''m happy to see Farve steal the spotlight from Eli in NY.

Miracles - sending you PS dust for your fantasy team. My team had the 2nd highest points this week, but of course I had to play against the team that ranked #1.

sweetjettagirl04

Shiny_Rock
What, no Giants fans?
20.gif

We love them in my house - the good, the bad, and the ugly - we''ll take whatever comes.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Wow! I thought the packers did ok last night! Aaron Rodgers looked pretty darn good......just a few too many penalties.....what were there, like 25?
20.gif

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2008 11:10:40 AM
Author: meresal
Cowboys Fan 4 Life!!!

With that said... I can''t stand Tony Romo. Show me a QB that doesn''t start dating until Novemeber (2 years in a row!!!
29.gif
) and I''ll show you a QB I can stand.
20.gif
We''ll see after this season...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Terrell Owens. LOL!!! He''s dreamy
30.gif
However, I wish he would whiten his teeth.

Whitten may be the most stand up guy ever. What a cutie, and his family is just adorable.

Side note... FI is the biggest Texans fan I''ve ever met (Not that there are many,
12.gif
He would kill me for that) and we have season tix to thier games. It gets a little heated in our home on Sundays. However, I will admit that he has 3 cowboys for fantasy league this year
9.gif

ETA: You wouldn''t tell from my post that I am actually very educaed in the game, and this post makes me sound like a giddy cheerleader. Dad and FI would be so dissappointed.
38.gif

The O-line is Gi-normous. Kinda reminds me of a very great time in franchise history
31.gif
I think it is the HUGE white rock in his ear that makes his teeth appear yellow....did you see that one Cowboy that checked he still had his bling in after his helmut got pulled off>?

katamari

Ideal_Rock
No need to feel sorry for the Bengals fans out there, littlelysser and deegee, because we know how awesome the Bengals are!

WHO DEY!

bengals.logo.jpg

katamari

Ideal_Rock
That said, I doubt the Bengals are going to the Superbowl this year. I think the Saints, the Colts, the Chargers, and the Cowboys are in the running for the Superbowl.

I also dislike the Pats, but seeing Brady go down like that totally reminded me of when Palmer when down, so I sympathize with Pats fans right now. Plus, being able to channel some of my hatred for the Pats allows me to hate the Steelers more.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2008 9:36:40 PM

Date: 9/8/2008 5:30:16 PM

Date: 9/8/2008 4:49:46 PM
Author: dockman3

GO BEARSSSSSSS!!!!!

Da Bears! What a great game last night! The bears are looking good for the season, and as long as they stay healthy, they should be able to make a run at the Super Bowl again.
I am so excited about Forte...he looked great!
Oh me too and the fact that Orton actually ran for yards is amazing!
Yes, Orton did a good job managing the team. It was nice to see hum running for yards, but it did worry me a bit because I would hate to see him get hurt. He displayed confidence that Grossman had before his many injuries. Needless to say, I am excited to see their next game...it will be a toughy though.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/9/2008 10:32:10 AM
Author: joflier
Wow! I thought the packers did ok last night! Aaron Rodgers looked pretty darn good......just a few too many penalties.....what were there, like 25?
20.gif

There were several penalties that were quite annoying...

Rodgers looked good. As long as he does not get injured, he should do well.

The Vikings totally handed the win to the Packers though. They got the ball back before the 2 min warning and could have made something happen for themselves...too bad their QB should be a playing a different position.

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
BRONCOS ALL THE WAY!!!!

With Cutler''s health taken care of...and Royal stepping up to make those incredible catches, they''re going to be a team to watch out for...and Michael Pittman at RB...2 TD. I''m hoping that they don''t count this team out of the playoffs...They finally seem to have gotten a good flow.

I LOVE THE BRONCOS....but I have a fantasy team that I have to think about too??? Anyone else having fantasy trouble?

Thoughts on my fantasy team:

I can''t decide what to do with Ted Ginn Jr...I just dont'' think he''s going to make a big impact...I also have Laveranues Coles who also didn''t have a very good week (5 total yards receiving?!?!)...And now that I look neither did Wes Welker...my other WR...I think I might need to pick up some new talent. Any thoughts on Hank Baskett??

I had Tom Brady and had to drop him cause of the injury...Such a shame...I did pick up Matt Cassel in his place...I still think NE is a good team, and Cassel has been training under Brady so hopefully he has some Brady like moves...

As far as RB''s....Did you see Michael Turner!! 220 yards...

I LOVE FOOTBALL!!
Can''t wait for the home opener at Mile High!!!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/9/2008 2:10:07 PM

Date: 9/9/2008 10:32:10 AM
20.gif

There were several penalties that were quite annoying...

Rodgers looked good. As long as he does not get injured, he should do well.

The Vikings totally handed the win to the Packers though. They got the ball back before the 2 min warning and could have made something happen for themselves...too bad their QB should be a playing a different position.

LOL! Bet the viks are really wishin'' they coulda got Brett over there!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/9/2008 2:29:44 PM
Author: ams0124

I can't decide what to do with Ted Ginn Jr...I just dont' think he's going to make a big impact.

Ams, I would keep Ginn if your league rewards points and net yards or not just receiving yards. He is a punt and kickoff returner, more than a receiver. Given that the Dolphins D doesn't look all that tough, I would say he is going to have a lot of scoring opportunity. On top of that, he is their strongest receiver, so I would say he could be a sick pick.

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/9/2008 3:40:15 PM
Author: katamari

Date: 9/9/2008 2:29:44 PM
Author: ams0124

I can''t decide what to do with Ted Ginn Jr...I just dont'' think he''s going to make a big impact.

Ams, I would keep Ginn if your league rewards points and net yards or not just receiving yards. He is a punt and kickoff returner, more than a receiver. Given that the Dolphins D doesn''t look all that tough, I would say he is going to have a lot of scoring opportunity. On top of that, he is their strongest receiver, so I would say he could be a sick pick.
kat here''s how our points are broken down...It seems that is based more on receiving yards...but if Ginn''s a returner, I could benefit if he has some return TD''s...

Passing Yards (25 yards per point)
Passing Touchdowns (6)
Interceptions (-1)
Rushing Yards (10 yards per point)
Rushing Touchdowns (6)
Reception Yards (10 yards per point)
Reception Touchdowns (6)
Return Touchdowns (6)

2-Point Conversions (2)
Fumbles Lost (-2)
Offensive Fumble Return TD (6)
Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)
Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)
Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3)
Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4)
Field Goals 50+ Yards (5)
Point After Attempt Made (1)
Sack (1)
Interception (2)
Fumble Recovery (2)
Touchdown (6)
Safety (2)
Block Kick (2)
Points Allowed 0 points (10)
Points Allowed 1-6 points (7)
Points Allowed 7-13 points (4)
Points Allowed 14-20 points (1)
Points Allowed 21-27 points (0)
Points Allowed 28-34 points (-1)
Points Allowed 35+ points (-4)

Ginn got 2 rushing yards and 17 recp yards....total points: 1.9. He''s a bench player right now for me...I just don''t know if I should keep him or drop him to add someone who can pick up some more points based on my league...I need the help since I lost Brady, and I''m real nervous about my starting WR''s. My league is WR based (3 on my starting team) so I really have to make sure I''m playing the best guys available. Non of my starters did awesome (Santana Moss did decent I suppose) either they had a bad week...or I''m going to need to do some switching around.

BTW: I''m currently beating SO!!! 94 pts to 75
36.gif

Definitely want to make sure it stays that way

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/9/2008 3:22:38 PM
LOL! Bet the viks are really wishin'' they coulda got Brett over there!
Which is exactly what the Packers were trying to avoid (as you probably know). With Brett, they would have been Super Bowl bound. He could make his there next season though.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GO BEARSSSSSSS!!!!!
they made the Colts look bad....
running game + a good D has always been the key to winning football games.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/10/2008 2:58:45 AM
Author: Dancing Fire

GO BEARSSSSSSS!!!!!
Why yes, yes they did...........
9.gif

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Ams: Sorry to hear that you have Brady. He will be very hard to trade, given the injury. In our league, he was just traded for Gus Frerotte. Can you imagine?

What about a tight end that gets a lot of receptions? Good luck!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 2:58:45 AM

GO BEARSSSSSSS!!!!!
Just keeping my fingers crossed that they all stay healthy!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
football fans IYO......who''s the best QB and RB you ever saw?

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
And this is me opening day on Sunday. Gee, which team am I rooting for?

Go Bolts.jpg

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 9:56:36 PM
football fans IYO......who''s the best QB and RB you ever saw?

Best QB I''ve ever seen play live - Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. They are both just so so so freaking good. And I really only started going to games in the late 90s. And well, I do think Big Ben isn''t too shabby either.

Best Running back - I really don''t know. I saw Terrell Davis once, he was awesome. And well, the Bus is pretty darn good too. I saw Emmitt Smith in the down swing of his career. I''m sure I''m forgetting someone...or a number of someones.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
IWPO: I find it extremely amusing at the amount of bling the team wears. It like a jewelry store on the sidelines. Have you been watching Hardknocks?? I started watching last year when the covered KC, and this year is the Cowboys. I'm addicted.

Our family in the making... FI (Texans) and myself (Cowboys) at the beginning of the 07 season. We have one from the 08 game (3 weeks ago) as well.

inlove07.jpg

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 9:56:36 PM
football fans IYO......who's the best QB and RB you ever saw?
Of running backs I have seen, Walter Payton.

Runners up: Barry Sanders & Emmitt Smith

It is hard to pick a best QB, but of the ones I have seen:
Joe Montana, Dan Marino, John Elway, and I suppose Steve Young gets an honorable mention.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results