shape
carat
color
clarity

Football Fans Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
Now that football season is back- I thought I''d start a thread for all of us football fans! So, to start things off...

What do you think about Brady''s injury? Will the Pats bring in a new QB? I heard they were thinking about bringing in former Tampa Bay QB Chris Simms for a physical- thoughts?! As a die hard Colts fan I am obliged to hate Tom Brady and the Pats, but it still is hard to see a player of his caliber get hurt so early in the season...

Favre as a Jet- discuss :)

Who is your favorite team? Who do you think will make it to the Super Bowl?

And last but not least... GO COLTS!
9.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
We are Eagles fans. That game yesterday was almost sad.

One of the SI guys thinks it will be Pats Eagles in the Superbowl, now that Brady is out who knows what will happen.

I think their back up QB, Castle, is an unknown, but who knows what can happen? We had to go to our third string one year I think and we won the NFC championship game...so you never know. Brady was not a hot ticket when he was chosen to replace Bledsoe, and look at him now. I hope it is not a career ending injury and just a season ending one, if that.

InLuv101

Brilliant_Rock
I''m an Eagles fan too!! Go Eagles!

Their game yesterday was great! I''m so excited to see them do well this year. I think it will be the Eagles and Pats in the Superbowl.

Seeing Favre as a jet is just plain weird. It will take some getting used to.

I''m so excited for football season this year!

Mrs.Guz

Shiny_Rock
I am a Patriots fan. Tom Brady is most likely out for the season because of his injury yesterday!
I am heart sick!
emsad.gif

InLuv101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/8/2008 9:04:09 AM
Author:GoingCrazy29
Now that football season is back- I thought I''d start a thread for all of us football fans! So, to start things off...

What do you think about Brady''s injury? Will the Pats bring in a new QB? I heard they were thinking about bringing in former Tampa Bay QB Chris Simms for a physical- thoughts?! As a die hard Colts fan I am obliged to hate Tom Brady and the Pats, but it still is hard to see a player of his caliber get hurt so early in the season...

Favre as a Jet- discuss :)

Who is your favorite team? Who do you think will make it to the Super Bowl?

And last but not least... GO COLTS!
9.gif
Oh, I missed the Pats game yesterday...what type of injury was it?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
it was a hit to the knee. Likely an ACL injury, but they will know more after the MRI today. It is being said he is out for the season most likely.

InLuv101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/8/2008 9:42:46 AM
Author: diamondfan
it was a hit to the knee. Likely an ACL injury, but they will know more after the MRI today. It is being said he is out for the season most likely.
Ouch...had a 3rd degree ACL tear myself. It''s a nasty injury. I will be looking out for the results

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Big Pats fan here (obviously), though I grew up in Kansas City so I will always be a Chiefs fan as well. Nobody is discussing the game AT ALL here, the only thing anybody is concerned about it Brady''s knee. It was reported last night through the rumor mill that he has a torn ACL, and it''s sounding more and more that that is true. The general consensus is that he''ll be out for the season.

That being said, I think Belichick will stick with Cassel--he obviously doesn''t have an arm that is as strong as Brady''s, but his decision-making is very good and that''s such an important factor in a QB. Hopefully with this being the very beginning of the season it will give the team time to get used to Cassel. Cassel''s career may very well start the same way Brady''s did--a second-stringer getting the limelight after the starting QB is injured. I still miss Bledsoe a little.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Looks like Brady is out for the year...Yikes.

Romo looked good, until he cracked his chin open. Threw an interception, but exceeded 300 yards for the day (only 3 passers did this yesterday: NO and PHI). The game actually looked like a scrimmage
16.gif

Cowboys are looking good, O-line is HUGE. I am excited to see how they are going to hold up this year.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
I am a HUGE football fan.

I love my Steelers and I bleed Black ''n Gold!!

Yesterday''s game was fantastic!!!!!! I''m not sure they could have looked better!!!!

I''m pretty excited about the rest of the season.

As for Tom Brady - Well, I''m sad that he got hurt...but I do hate the Patriots with the heat of a 1000 suns. Like have an absolutely irrational hatred of them. HATE.

Favre as a jet just seems SO wrong to me. Seeing him do all of his touchdown happiness stuffs..but seeing it in a jets uniform...it really seemed weird.

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
It was awful watching the Colts vs. Bears game last night- we just were NOT playing to where we should be. I'm so happy to have Harrison back, and Peyton wasn't playing like he just had knee surgery- so that was good. Overall, we just have some stuff to work on (mainly CATCHING the ball). Addai seemed faster than last season, so hopefully he'll be like he was 2 seasons ago!

Favre as a Jet is just BIZARRE. I always enjoy watching him play because you can tell he just LOVES the game, but I miss him as a Packer. I am happy to see him throwing to Keller (fellow Boilermaker) though, I think it will really showcase Keller's talent.

I'm interested to see how the Eagles, Cowboys, and Saints (go Brees, another fellow Purdue alum) play this year- I think they all have lots of talent and I will enjoy watching them play and seeing how things turn out!

Again, I feel bad for Brady and the Pats- but I'm with littlelysser: I HATE THE PATRIOTS!

Glad to see that PS has lots of football fans!
36.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Cowboys Fan 4 Life!!!

With that said... I can''t stand Tony Romo. Show me a QB that doesn''t start dating until Novemeber (2 years in a row!!!
29.gif
) and I''ll show you a QB I can stand.
20.gif
We''ll see after this season...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Terrell Owens. LOL!!! He''s dreamy
30.gif
However, I wish he would whiten his teeth.

Whitten may be the most stand up guy ever. What a cutie, and his family is just adorable.

Side note... FI is the biggest Texans fan I''ve ever met (Not that there are many,
12.gif
He would kill me for that) and we have season tix to thier games. It gets a little heated in our home on Sundays. However, I will admit that he has 3 cowboys for fantasy league this year
9.gif

ETA: You wouldn''t tell from my post that I am actually very educaed in the game, and this post makes me sound like a giddy cheerleader. Dad and FI would be so dissappointed.
38.gif

The O-line is Gi-normous. Kinda reminds me of a very great time in franchise history
31.gif

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2008 10:32:00 AM
Author: littlelysser

Yesterday''s game was fantastic!!!!!! I''m not sure they could have looked better!!!!

As for Tom Brady - Well, I''m sad that he got hurt...but I do hate the Patriots with the heat of a 1000 suns. Like have an absolutely irrational hatred of them. HATE.

Favre as a jet just seems SO wrong to me. Seeing him do all of his touchdown happiness stuffs..but seeing it in a jets uniform...it really seemed weird.
Hehe, LittleL, I adore you, but not the Steelers :) That being said, they looked great yesterday.

Okay, I''m just going to have to forget about Brady and focus on Cassel. Brady''s a great QB, but trust me, if you live in the Boston area you get tired of seeing him all dolled up for non-manly ads. I can''t walk past a Tom Brady ad without giggling, he just looks so pretty. Still, I''ll miss him and won''t retire my Brady jersey.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2008 10:19:50 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady
WELL..................... despite being unhappy with the loss in the last ~ugh~ two minutes of the game yesterday... we looove the...

Oh yeah....I am ALL ABOUT THE BOLT!!!

In fact, I just got done scraping off two temporary tatoos that I sported at the game yesterday. The one across my back was a little hard to scrub off....ouch.

HUGE football fanatic here.
9.gif
I have Charger season tickets, under the over hang. I felt so sorry for everyone in the sun yesterday. It was hot.

Brady...
38.gif
I stayed up all night to try to dump him as my fantasy football quarterback.
39.gif
39.gif
I also made a bad decision to keep the first round draft pick, Chris Johnson, on my bench and he got 11 points. The one I kept active got me 2 points. Another
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

I don't think Matt Cassel will be brought in for Brady, so I quickly dumped, and this was hard, Ben Watson my TE, in order to pick up Chris Simms, who I believe will be starting for Brady. I hope. I pray to the Fantasy Football gods.

I thought I won my matchup last night, but it turns out I am 6 points down with two players left to play tonight, both mine. Send me some PS dust. I must beat the new kid on the block. I love it when the young boys get beat by the old lady in the league.
36.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
first and foremost

go seahawks!

second - jeez you should have started with the back up QB. I mean, i wasn''t expecting a win agains the bills (we''re expected 11-5 this year) but to lose THAT BAD.
38.gif

littlelysser - uh oh, looks like we''re mortal enemies! Yes, seattle is STILL stinging from the dang superbowl ref''s!!!

I didnt see Brady''s injury last night, but it is always terrible when a player gets an injury that takes them out for the rest of the season.

Anyone have any traditions for each game? I always make an appetizer (8 layer dip or deviled eggs). Yesterday i made eggs - i must have thrown off the mojo that way!

meresal

Ideal_Rock

I was watching this game with 3 Texans fans, and I thought that FI would personally fly to Pitts to punch the announcer in the face. He was not at all pleased with the bias over the airwaves. With that said, they did look great, but like FI said, it''s not every week you get to play the Texans.

Fi is feeling really sorry for a bunch of guys on the team that have been there since the beginning (as has he). They are all so beat down. It has to be really hard to never see any substantial improvement. We''re both hoping they just had a bad start.

***What is up with Parker?!?!
10.gif
Umm, hello, welcome to the NFL!!!***

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2008 11:30:40 AM
Author: miraclesrule

Date: 9/8/2008 10:19:50 AM
WELL..................... despite being unhappy with the loss in the last ~ugh~ two minutes of the game yesterday... we looove the...

Oh yeah....I am ALL ABOUT THE BOLT!!!

In fact, I just got done scraping off two temporary tatoos that I sported at the game yesterday. The one across my back was a little hard to scrub off....ouch.

HUGE football fanatic here.
9.gif
I have Charger season tickets, under the over hang. I felt so sorry for everyone in the sun yesterday. It was hot.

Brady...
38.gif
I stayed up all night to try to dump him as my fantasy football quarterback.
39.gif
39.gif
I also made a bad decision to keep the first round draft pick, Chris Johnson, on my bench and he got 11 points. The one I kept active got me 2 points. Another
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

I don't think Matt Cassel will be brought in for Brady, so I quickly dumped, and this was hard, Ben Watson my TE, in order to pick up Chris Simms, who I believe will be starting for Brady. I hope. I pray to the Fantasy Football gods.

I thought I won my matchup last night, but it turns out I am 6 points down with two players left to play tonight, both mine. Send me some PS dust. I must beat the new kid on the block. I love it when the young boys get beat by the old lady in the league.
36.gif
Way to beat the young guys, Miraclesrule!

I think Simms is just being brought in for insurance for Cassel, I don't think they plan to start him. I can't imagine they'd want to start somebody who has never even seen the playbook whereas Cassel is very familiar with it and has done really well as a backup. No reason to pull him. They just want to make sure they have somebody if he were to get injured.

Belichick is supposed to have a press conference today, I'm hoping he lays out the plan.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GO BEARSSSSSSS!!!!!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
I bleed green and gold! Although I am a partial jets fan now. Its rather heartbreaking watching Brett in another uniform. I''m glad he did well and if Tom Brady is really out for the season, then the Jets stand a good chance of taking that division.

I''m excited to be going to the Packers opening game tonight. It should be a good one! I''m on the worlds longest list for season tickets, and am currently #70,000 - give or take a few, so I have a bit of a wait!
2.gif
My step-grandfather has tickets though, and he is kind enough to share them with my Dad and I. I''m looking forward to see what the new team - post Brett Favre can do!

gblogo1.gif

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
I will freely admit that my hatred of the Pats is entirely irrational and due completely and totally to the fact that they pretty much beat the Steelers every DARN TIME WE PLAY THEM IN THE AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. (although i also think spygate was a bit shady) Anyway...it is completely because they have my steelers'' number!!!!

So - I was reading Peter King, my favorite sports-writer ever...and he suggested bringing Culpepper in to compete for the job in NE, assuming Brady will be out for a while.

I''d think it couldn''t hurt. And Culpepper to Moss was always a NICE combo in MN!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2008 12:15:54 PM

Date: 9/8/2008 12:11:23 PM
Author: joflier
I bleed green and gold! Although I am a partial jets fan now. Its rather heartbreaking watching Brett in another uniform. I''m glad he did well and if Tom Brady is really out for the season, then the Jets stand a good chance of taking that division.

I''m excited to be going to the Packers opening game tonight. It should be a good one! I''m on the worlds longest list for season tickets, and am currently #70,000 - give or take a few, so I have a bit of a wait!
2.gif
My step-grandfather has tickets though, and he is kind enough to share them with my Dad and I. I''m looking forward to see what the new team - post Brett Favre can do!
I agree wholeheartedly.. I think Brett acted like a two year old throwing a tantrum and I lost a great deal of respect for him. I was a Packers fan for a long time. Its odd to see him in a Jets jersey. I have to say, I hope the Packers do really well this year without Favre.
I hope so too! There is sooo much talent on that team!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
don''t think there''s any doubt as far as who i''ll be cheering for this season- GO CHARGERS!

i was all psyched up to watch my boys on the telly yesterday- had the football snacks ready and a pint by my side, only to discover that CBS wasn''t airing the game. Tennis was on- WTF?? I had a good cry/laugh over that one and tried to listen to it on the radio. that sucked- as did their loss.

Miracles- how cool that you have season tixs! my goal is to make it to a game this season.

Hubby is an Eagles fan, but he''s adopted the Chargers as Eagles games don''t usually get aired here in L.A. We try to head to a sports bar a couple of times during the season so he can get his Eagles fix.

i admit that i cannot stand the Manning bros. ugh- they make my skin crawl. but i promise i''ll play nice, Colts & Giants fans!

it was a bit strange to see Favre as a Jet. I was visting NYC when the news broke about his move to the Jets. that''s ALL EVERYONE was talking about.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock

I grew up in Pittsburgh, and agree with this!!!
The Steelers looked great, and am excited about the season!!!
HERE WE GO!!!

As for college football, I am a WVU alumni and was saddened by the Mountaineers loss to ECU on Saturday. Let''s hope they can turn it around.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Chicago Bears fan here!!

I was so happy to see them play well last night, it was totally unexpected to see that we now have a runningback who can cut, jump and has the ability to make a play happen, so unlike Benson, who started for them last year. Forte is only a rookie and he did so well in his debute & even got a nod from Madden! Orton did a good job managing the team, poor guy is not super talented, but he did complete a few passes and almost had a couple of t-downs. Defense looked ok & if they can stay healthy they will be great! Hester needs to learn that other teams have learned his tricks, so he is going to have to change what he does and I do not imagine he will have too many run backs for t-downs this season. Seriously, the win against the Colts is a great confidence builder for them, since the Colts are a really good team (love their new stadium btw).

Saw the Jets/Miami game. Brett was up to his typicall Brettness...looked ok. I hold a grudge against Miami, for what happened against the Bears in 1985, so I am not going to say much about them, just glad they lost. It was odd to see Farve sporting a Jets jersey and I am going to miss him playing for the Packers when the Bears face them - it will just seem odd seing Rogers there instead of Farve. Ah well, that will give the Bears defense new target practice, I guess!

That sucks about Brady! He is so talented and I am going to miss him if he is out. However, I think the team is quite solid without him and should still be respected.

I always have to pull for Romo, since we went to the same college!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
That stinks for Brady, I am sure he is devistated!

dockman3

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/8/2008 12:01:00 PM
Author: Catmom
GO BEARSSSSSSS!!!!!

Da Bears! What a great game last night! The bears are looking good for the season, and as long as they stay healthy, they should be able to make a run at the Super Bowl again.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2008 4:49:46 PM
Author: dockman3

Date: 9/8/2008 12:01:00 PM
Author: Catmom
GO BEARSSSSSSS!!!!!

Da Bears! What a great game last night! The bears are looking good for the season, and as long as they stay healthy, they should be able to make a run at the Super Bowl again.
I am so excited about Forte...he looked great!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results