shape
carat
color
clarity

Food confessions.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh miss skippy...todai is not SUSHI, woman! that's mass market america japanese style food!

we have those here too and i just cannot get on board with them. sushi buffet? no no no! sushi should be made with only the top ingredients and freshest fish....do you think that happens at a BUFFET?
40.gif
i always wonder how often people get sick there.

eeee! i had a friend who used to love going there and i was always like NO. my other friend was was really great friends with him was like 'oh i hate that place but its the only place he will go...' hehe.

sorry for my rant but i can't help it, i remember driving by the first todai when it opened going what? oxymoron? sushi? buffet? no....though yes i agree, i really LOVE sushi. hehee.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara,
You are funny. Actually I went to Honolulu for work and went to Todai''s. I was so nervous that it would be bad sushi but it was so yummy!!! They had crab legs too! Also, the best part was all the tiny desserts. They were 1inch by 1inch so you could try several different ones.

Actually I went to a clients place of business and it was a fish distributor. They made us sushi for lunch; we all were in heaven!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha i know it's funny...i will eat somewhere or try something at least once...and sometimes we end up at serious dive kinda places...but i don't know...that place always gives me the willies!!

but i like the idea of 1x1 desserts, lol!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2007 8:37:06 PM
Author: Mara
haha i know it''s funny...i will eat somewhere or try something at least once...and sometimes we end up at serious dive kinda places...but i don''t know...that place always gives me the willies!!

but i like the idea of 1x1 desserts, lol!

I knew you like that LOL!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Mmmm, this is making me hungry.

I like Nutella too, and Mint Dibs (chocolate covered mint ice cream bites). They make a good dessert. But what I really crave deep down isn''t chocolate or sugar; it''s fried foods and cheese. Sometimes I will have a cheese craving late at night.

I like Starbursts too, but i tried to eat them recently. I''ve been bribing my students with candy, so when none of them are around to complain, I eat some of it. I ate three Starbursts and instantly felt really icky and got a headache. I mean, what are they made of anyway? Somebody told me horse''s hooves are an ingredient, and I wouldn''t be surprised.

What I crave more than any particular food is the experience of eating out. I especially like French cuisine -- rabbit, duck, etc.

Fashionvictim

Shiny_Rock
My name is Nicole, I''m 24 and addicted to Bruggers bagel sandwiches. I have to have one at least once a week, usually Tuna on a plain square bagel with lettuce, onions and sprouts. And bbq chips and a pickle.

Help!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2007 8:21:36 PM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 2/28/2007 11:16:15 PM
Author: diamondfan
I have mixed cravings...sometimes sweets (cool whip, cookie dough, icing) or salty (chips, etc)...

I get addicted to things and keep going back to them over and over til I make myself sick.

Right now I love this cilantro dressing from the Cheesecake Factory and get the salad just to have the dressing!

I am a total creature of habit and will get in a food routine or rut...

I love warm homemade cholate chip cookies. Never make them or I would eat them all!!!!!

I love Cheetos too JulieN. I now know not to buy those again cuz I end up eating 1/2 the bag one day and the other half the next
8.gif

I can Identify w/diamondfan for sure. I always eat at a local pizza place called Il Vicino and my poor hubby is sick of it.

I love sushi! My hubby loves it too! Has anyone been Todai''s???? I loved it! YUM

A lot of these are funny and makes me feel like I am not the only one out there with foodie obessions
9.gif
Now who DOESN''T like a warm chocolate chip cookie...or two or three or...oh, forget it. Soft and chewy inside, slightly crunchy on the outside - yum!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Pinkberry's frozen yogurt, hands down!! I get the large with mangos, strawberries, blueberries, and kiwi... sooooo YUMMY!!

Since the large is kinda big, i would eat about half, and eat a bag of Flaming Hot Limon flavored Cheetos, then eat the rest of the Pinkberry's. I do this once a week.
9.gif

Oh, forgot one more thing... extra crispy fried chicken skin. Just the crispy crunchy skin. No chicken meat. So gross, but sooo good. *droooool*

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to add pizza to the list!!! I love it.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
this thread is the best! i can go on forever about what foods i love since i am a fat kid at heart!
9.gif

so many people mentioned nutella, me too, nutella smores. yum! try it, use nutella instead of regular chocolate and you''ll be in heaven.

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
Sushi is our new fav here. We have a great Sushi restaurant here in town, but it''s UBER expensive.

Our local grocer has a FRESH Sushi bar. They are a private Vendor leasing space inside the grocery store and those guys make some great stuff.

By far, my absolute FAVORITE is Eel with Eel sauce. 2nd to that is spicy Shrimp and/or Crab. Whichever they happen to have on the day we''re there to buy. I''ll eat the Tuna and Salmon in the Nippon Favorite mix, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Eel.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Todai? I''m with Mara...I would never eat there...it''s scary! Sushi is simply NOT buffet food. My friends would never speak to me again. It would be sad. Hehehe.

A friend of ours is actualy a fish wholesaler and sells to the best sushi restaurants in town. He knows which restaurants spare no expense on the fish. We stick with his recommendations. Sushi does cost money, but TGuy and I can go and eat to our heart''s delight with a few beers for $80. Much cheaper than going to a posh restaurant...

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also love nutella, it is the best!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Okay, i just tried something that sounds totally GROSS... but is SOOOO GOOD:

Philly cream cheese with limon flavored flaming hot cheetos.

My co-worker was eating it together, and we couldn''t stop making fun of her. Being adventurous, and partially curious, I tried it. And it was amazingly good!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was sick all last week with the stomach flu, so food wasn''t something I could think about. But I am feeling sooo much better. I forgot one thing I LOVE!!! Pirates Booty with Caramel. OMG sooo yummy!!! Does anybody else like it??

Sevenwires

Rough_Rock
Oh I love Del Taco. I used to love Taco Bell….. but somewhere along the way I became a Del Taco typa gal. I always just order the regular taco and that’s pretty much it. And if I’m not feeling the fat that day, I’ll have the beef exchanged with beans instead. Since really, I just like the CRUNCH of the shell. … and the taste of the hot sauce on all the lettuce… YUM!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2007 8:35:29 PM
Author: Milly
this thread is the best! i can go on forever about what foods i love since i am a fat kid at heart!
9.gif

so many people mentioned nutella, me too, nutella smores. yum! try it, use nutella instead of regular chocolate and you''ll be in heaven.

MMMMM NUTELLA, that stuff is yummy. I can''t have it around or I would eat the whole jar!!!
31.gif

What is Pirates Booty with Caramel? Never heard of it. Sounds good though.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
I am getting hungry each time I read here...Yummy....

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What the heck is Nutella? It sounds like peanut butter? "please advise."
9.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Its a chocolatey sweet spread that has ground hazelnuts int it. Its very big with kids of all ages.
9.gif

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I forgot about Nutella. When I went to school in France in the early 90s I used to buy it and put in on baguettes. One time my mom sent me a care package that had the peanut butter cookies that are shaped like peanuts...anyway, I put the Nutella on those too. Sinfully good. I got hooked but I couldn''t find it in the states. I didn''t know it was available in the USA. Now, I''m going to have to go hunt it down.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Monarch -- If you like the combination of chcocolate and hazelnuts, run, don''t walk, to your grocery store. Right near the peanut butter (same aisle), you''ll find Nutella. It''s heaven, especially if you spread it on toast or put it in a crepe. It gets all gooey and drippy, and well, you just have to try it for yourself. Yum-O
1.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2007 12:57:50 AM
Author: monarch64
What the heck is Nutella? It sounds like peanut butter? ''please advise.''
9.gif
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Monarch!!!!!

It''s chocolate hazelnut spread, and it is DIVINE. Girl, gotta get you some. But I warn...it''s addictive. They even sell it at Costco.

nutella_lrg.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I could eat avacado morning, noon and night. And wash it down with gallons of orange sanpellegrino. mmmmm

cheers--Sharon

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Monarch, go get you some Nuttella; it is devine. I can''t buy it or I eat the whole jar!!!! HONEST; YUMMY!

Sharon,
orange sanpellegrino are YUM!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results