shape
carat
color
clarity

Food confessions.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2007 11:16:15 PM
Author: diamondfan
I have mixed cravings...sometimes sweets (cool whip, cookie dough, icing) or salty (chips, etc)...

I get addicted to things and keep going back to them over and over til I make myself sick.

Right now I love this cilantro dressing from the Cheesecake Factory and get the salad just to have the dressing!

I am a total creature of habit and will get in a food routine or rut...
I *totally* do this too. Sometimes I get on baked potato kcks and will eat them 3x a day every day for a couple weeks then not touch them for a couple months LOL I''ve gone on all sorts of these.... two of the worst are chips and coke (real coke) because I can''t just have one.... in fact with coke I can''t drink it at all... if I have it the more I have the more I want more like a deep thirst or something.... and chips, who can eat one? I eat those until my mouth hurts. Good thing it is very easy for me to pass the cookie/chip/soda aisle! Butter is my serious bad bad weakness. And cream. Don''t ask what I put in my coffee but there''s no sugar in it lol All I can say is right now I''m glad I have some of those frozen cream puffs in the freezer haha

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is getting embarrasing.

Ranch Corn Nuts. Only on road trips. But ALWAYS on roadtrips. I was CRANKY when we couldn''t find them in DC/NJ.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Right now, besides my chocolate covered potato chips, I am loving honey mustard pretzels, by Rold Gold. Totally yummy. For cereal I love Captain Crunch!! But haven''t had that in ages. I also love M&M''s. Oh the list could go on and on. We don''t have great dim sum here. I loved it in SF, but that was many moons ago. All you CA people are lucky!!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, what a fun thread!

I ADORE chicken strip salads. My ideal salad: Dark green, leafy romaine, cut up fried chicken strips, veggies (onions, peppers, carrots, etc.) covered with a delicious balsamic vinaigrette. I could seriously eat one of these a day.

I also love a thin, thin crust cheese-less pizza with pepperoni and bell peppers. The thinner and crunchier the crust, the better.

Good hummus. And I''m super picky about hummus. A little cafe within walking distance of my last job made the BEST hummus, and I''d go practically every day. They called me "hummus lady".
9.gif
Now that I''m too far away to visit the cafe often, I eat Trader Joe''s hummus. It''s good, but it isn''t STELLAR like this hummus was. A good ''filler'' hummus, however.

Last but not least, Kettle brand salt and vinegar chips. Words can''t describe how good they are.

So, yeah....those are my favorites. I''m not a big sweet-eater, so no desserts come to mind (weird, I know). I''m allergic to dairy, though, so I can''t eat most cookies/cakes/sweets anyway.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2007 6:49:57 PM
Author: Gypsy

Anyone in CA like El Pollo Loco?

Not at all. I've never been impressed with their food (especially their rice- it's the worst!) and it takes us at least 30 minutes to get in and out. I *hate* the waiting time. We'll literally be the only one in the restaurant and wait, and wait, and wait.

My FH loves their chicken bowls, though. I guess they're okay, but definitely not worth the time we waste waiting for one.

My favorite mexican fast-food restaurant is Taco Cabana (only in Oklahoma, Texas and New Mexico). They have beef enchiladas to write home about. FH and I *adore* it so much, we want Taco Cabana to cater our rehearsal dinner.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I guess this isn''t really bad but I am SERIOUSLY hooked on dried fruit/nut combos, like sultanas, dried pineapple, cashews and walnuts (my fav combo) I could nibble at it ALL DAY!

I''m pretty anti-takeaway/junkfood, I just dislike it, but sushi.... AAHHHHH there''s nothing like a good bit o'' sushi!!! That could go down well for dinner tonight methinks, thanks for thse idea ladies!!
31.gif
A great low-fat alternative to takeaway!!

My most recent addiction is grapes, they''re in season here and are so , seriously GOOD!!! My problem is I sit and eat them ''til I have a bellyache
41.gif

My longest standing and probably worst weakness is cheese... any type will do, but particularly the really sharp cheddary ones... mmmmmmm...
3.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2007 1:48:46 AM
Author: DandiAndi
Well I guess this isn''t really bad but I am SERIOUSLY hooked on dried fruit/nut combos, like sultanas, dried pineapple, cashews and walnuts (my fav combo) I could nibble at it ALL DAY!

I''m pretty anti-takeaway/junkfood, I just dislike it, but sushi.... AAHHHHH there''s nothing like a good bit o'' sushi!!! That could go down well for dinner tonight methinks, thanks for thse idea ladies!!
31.gif
A great low-fat alternative to takeaway!!

My most recent addiction is grapes, they''re in season here and are so , seriously GOOD!!! My problem is I sit and eat them ''til I have a bellyache
41.gif

My longest standing and probably worst weakness is cheese... any type will do, but particularly the really sharp cheddary ones... mmmmmmm...
3.gif
DandiAndi, try freezing the grapes. They are so good in hot weather (like sorbet) and you won''t be able to eat as many because they are so cold.

Right at this moment I am craving Doritos like you would not believe...

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Man, I am seriously hungry all of a sudden
41.gif

Well FI is at work, I''m home alone, it''s dinner time... now where''s the nearest sushi place
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
My name is Kate and I am Parmesan Cheese addict who manges her addiction most days. I LOVE true aged Grana Padano cheese and could happily eat wedges of it. But now i shave 2 pieces off the wedge with a vegetable peeler and scoff those down to get my fix.
I also love Kalamata olives especially marinated ones, cashews, salami and fried haloumi cheese. I guess I really like savoury salty things.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Tostito''s rounds. I will eat the entire bag in an hour if I let myself. No salsa or dip, just straight out of the bag. Needless to say, we don''t keep them in the house.
18.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Oh I love these food threads!

Eggs Benedict. I am psycho about it. My guy (until recently) would make me then on SATURDAY NIGHT!!! Unfortunately, last week, he mentioned how much butter goes in the hollandaise sauce and my eyes nearly bugged out of my head. I told him he wouldn''t have to cook them again for a VERY LONG TIME
7.gif

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Well, I definitely don''t live in the land of great food like many of you. There is no Dim Sum place in my town. In fact, I''m not even really sure what Dim Sum is......and I just can''t get into Sushi. I''m not sure why, but it just doesn''t work for me.

My husband and I have an addiction to a little Mexican joint near us. They have 1/2 price margaritas (pitcher for $7!!!) that are really good and, um, powerful. They make the best homemade salsa & guacamole with chips. We usually get an order of steak or chicken fajitas that are done in a spicy sauce with onions & peppers. We share it. The worst part is the 1/2 price margarita night is Sunday night....and it just so happens our kid as saxophone lessons that night. So, we drop off our son and make a beeline for the Mexican place almost every Sunday....and my Weight Watchers weigh in days is Monday....bad bad combo.

I also love Papa Johns pizza with fresh tomatos, mushrooms, black olives & pineapple. Oh yeah, and don''t forget the breadsicks with the garlic and pizza sauces for dipping. We''ve been making pizza at home that is really good, but it doesn''t get rid of my Papa Johns craving.

At home one on my weird food cravings is peanut butter on toast with warm milk that has a bit of vanilla added to it. That used to be my breakfast when I was in college.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy - I love ranch corn nuts too! How funny! There is a place across the street from my office that has them...but I am so ashamed of my love for them that I only buy them once or twice a year!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I love KFC''s honey barbeque boneless wings. They give me HORRIBLE heart burn, but I do love them! I also really like Hen House''s "Health Salad" and yes, I do sometimes fix it myself, but I would much rather just go get it at the deli counter. It''s like $5 or $6 a pound, and I usually eat the whole thing in a day or two. I don''t like to share it and get really irritated when my husband digs into it!!!! It doesn''t matter what I get for myself, he always wants some, too, he''s like a little kid!

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Right now our favorite snack is turkey pepperoni and SLABS of queso blanco. Mmmmmmmm. Salty
18.gif

And I love the combination of hot chocolate w/fluff and a side of salty potato chips! YUM!

Hi, my name is ellaila and I'm addicted to salt?!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2007 5:34:13 PM
Author: kcoursolle
I am seriously weird about green olives. I would definitely call it an addiction. I have to stop myself from buying more than one jar every grocery trip because I know the salt intake is really bad. I''ll sit and eat a whole jar while watching a movie. FI thinks I''m totally crazy.

I also really really love strawberries and sharp cheddar cheese. For non-snacky foods I''ve really been diggin the japanese curry restaurants around LA lately.
I love olives, too! There''s an olive bar at the grocery store that is soooo yummy. Just love them!

I like hummus and Greek food, too. I have to watch it, though, because the acidity in a Greek Salad sets my geographic tongue on fire. I think it''s the lemon juice. But OH, I love Greek Salad. I also love the really goopy, sweet desert made with fila dough, can''t remember what it''s called, latkava???

I hardly ever eat any of this stuff! But when you ask what I love, this is what comes to mind.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
How could I forget carbs? Pasta, postatoes, rice -- any kind will do. I also love good salsa but I can''t find any store brands that don''t have a ton of salt. Actually Dessert Pepper roasted tomato salsa is pretty good. When we go out for mexican, I could eat the whole basket of chips and salsa they bring out.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2007 12:28:57 AM
Author: Gypsy
This is getting embarrasing.

Ranch Corn Nuts. Only on road trips. But ALWAYS on roadtrips. I was CRANKY when we couldn''t find them in DC/NJ.
I''m a BBQ corn nut and red (fruit punch?) gatorade kind of girl on road trips. Especially when we are headed up to Mammoth for a ski weekend! DH buys them for me occasionally when he wants me to watch a football game with him. He knows he needs to bribe me with food for that.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I love cereal too... Yum.

And tortilla chips with salsa and cheese? The perfect Saturday nigh movie snack.
18.gif

aquarius_ser

Shiny_Rock
Paad Thai, Crunchy Peanut Butter (straight out of the jar w/spoon), and like everyone else here, CEREAL, UDF Homemade Ice cream

I live in Cincinnati and I *HATE* *HATE* *HATE Cincy chilii.... It''s more like soup!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whew! Glad to know I''m not the only one with a corn nut issue.

And .. they are good with Fruit Punch. I usually get vitamin water fruit pnch or gatorade fruit punch on road trips now that you mention it.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I have a serious curry addiction! Thai curry, Japanese curry, Indian Curry, vietnamese curry etc etc. I can eat it with rice, with pasta, with french bread. The funny thing is that there''s a genetic predisposition somewhere because my bro is also a serious curry adict. We''re always swapping curry reipes. I often make a curry beef pastry (like a pasty) to parties, and I love curry chicken salad.

I have so say it''s a toss up between DIm Sum and Sushi for me. I get cravings for both, and will usually go for one or the other at least once a week. Thank goodness we live in Cali.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really hate curry, I get migraines from it and even the smell makes me sick...and I also cannot stand slimy or chewy things like oysters, clams, mussels, etc...

I love crunchy things and soft things (marshmallows!) and I have a major sweet tooth...

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2007 11:03:12 PM
I really hate curry, I get migraines from it and even the smell makes me sick...and I also cannot stand slimy or chewy things like oysters, clams, mussels, etc...

I love crunchy things and soft things (marshmallows!) and I have a major sweet tooth...

We are so opposite! I love those slimy chewy shellfish you''re talking about. My favorite is probably mussel.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just never developed a taste for those things. I love lobster, shrimp, crab, just not the others. Someone I knew got really sick eating mussels or clams or something out of season and that just did it for me. And curry, well, even when I have been told there is none, I get a raging migraine, and find out later I was right, and for some reason it just does not agree with my system.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooh i love curry and mussels and together they are DIVINE!!!! this restaurant in SF we love serves up like a coconut lemongrass curry mussel stew..so good! i have replicated it at home a few times and it''s close but no cigar...hehee.

i have gotten way more adventurous with food since meeting greg 7 years ago...i never would have liked mussels or oysters anything like that...but now i love mussels and like oysters (fried!). and i love stinky cheeses whereas before i never liked them before at all...and other things too like garlic...i never used to eat it but now i love it on everything! it''s funny how your tastes can change especially if you try to be more open minded. there are some things i just WON''T eat like tripe...yak..dont think i can be open minded on that. also the whole brains/sweetbreads kinda thing is not my thing. i don''t like pate, i don''t like caviar etc.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I forgot one thing....cilantro. I have never ever liked it. Ever. Finally, over time, I not only learned to eat it, but actually like it....and then I got massive GI distress every time I ate any significant amount of it and realized...I MUST BE ALLERGIC to it! So sometimes when you don''t like something...there could be a reason!

blingless

Rough_Rock
Icebox cake (vanilla and chocolate pudding with a graham cracker crust), pecan ice cream, butterscotch syrup over vanilla ice cream, peanut M&M''s (large quantities).

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
i can't eat KFC, even though i loved it, after living in london. I got so grossed out by a KFC in leicester square that it put me off KFC for a long time.

BUT i do like Popeyes spicy cajun chicken and the accompanying red beans and rice. it's really fattening, so only once a month or so.

i miss pollo loco.

i like everything people have posted yum!

ETA when i lived in london, when I came back to US I ate mexican food every day for two weeks.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2007 11:16:15 PM
I have mixed cravings...sometimes sweets (cool whip, cookie dough, icing) or salty (chips, etc)...

I get addicted to things and keep going back to them over and over til I make myself sick.

Right now I love this cilantro dressing from the Cheesecake Factory and get the salad just to have the dressing!

I am a total creature of habit and will get in a food routine or rut...

I love warm homemade cholate chip cookies. Never make them or I would eat them all!!!!!

I love Cheetos too JulieN. I now know not to buy those again cuz I end up eating 1/2 the bag one day and the other half the next
8.gif

I can Identify w/diamondfan for sure. I always eat at a local pizza place called Il Vicino and my poor hubby is sick of it.

I love sushi! My hubby loves it too! Has anyone been Todai's???? I loved it! YUM

A lot of these are funny and makes me feel like I am not the only one out there with foodie obessions
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results