shape
carat
color
clarity

Food confessions.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
my name is storm and fruit loops are my current food addiction.
I eat about a box every 4 days or so and some days its all I will eat all day.
I cant eat potato chips much(salt BP) so keep a box of fruit loops on hand to munch on.
Eat em just like chips no milk and wash em down with pepsi.
I hate them with milk LOL

Whats too funny is I was sitting here eating a cup when I saw this thread!
LOL

going ok food: snickers blizzard and unkle nicks Gyro.

bluehue

Shiny_Rock
I love to bake, so we basically have sweets around all of the time. I''m not picky ... I''ll bake anything. PS has actually helped my diet because I''m obsessed with researching gems now instead of baking. Better for my waist but not so much for my wallet!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I have this weird thing for Nutella.
20.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anything with chocolate and peanutbutter together!!!

And potato chips with onion dip--get outta way, I''m makin'' a meal of it. YUM!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2007 7:09:50 PM
Author: anchor31
I have this weird thing for Nutella.
20.gif
mmmmmmmm, I can''t buy that, or I just sit there with a spoon....
3.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh yeah ...cereal. some days thats all i want to eat. i love sugary ones but i also love things like honey bunches of oats. and i can eat bowl after bowl of it. on new years eve of last year, after working out, i came home and had FOUR BOWLS of trix. then i took a 2 hour nap. i was like wasn't there supposed to be a sugar high? instead it put me to sleep. then i got up and we went out to dinner with friends for NYE. i was like totally unaffected by the cereal...sooo funny. but yeah i can binge on cereal something awful. greg says there are worse things to binge on than cereal. lol.

oh yeah and mexican food, beans and rice. but not just any beans and rice. i only like CERTAIN beans and rice. i gauge a mexi restaurant's worth on how their beans and rice tastes. lol.

FG i totally hear ya on the obsessed with one thing for a while. i get that way sometimes. then i am SO OVER it and i won't want to eat it for a year. i was like that with taco bell for a while. had it 2x a week for like 3 months. then i was like EW. and didn't eat it for a year. too funny.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Cinammon Toast Crunch. I ate it any chance I got for about 3 years. I used to have two bowls for breakfast, pretty much every day. Yeah, then I started looking like a ball of dough and realized I''d have to give it up. I had some for the first time in 4 years for dinner one night when J was sick, I was in absolute heaven, but could just see the total lack of discpline returning way too quickly, so it was a first and last for me.

And, like DeeJay, anything with PB and chocolate. J was eating mini butterfingers last night and I kept sniffing the air until he asked what I was doing. I told him I was smelling the peanut butter and chocolate, of course. He put the third bar away and got some chocolate thing with cranberries in it as he knew i would leave him alone.

I love cheese. I love 7 layer dip. I love chips and salsa. I love Western Bacon Cheeseburgers from CJs and good ol'' fashioned cheeseburgers from In N'' Out.

But most of all I love not being overweight, so I''m not going to go to the store tomorrow with a grocery list that reads:

bean dip
cheddar cheese
sour cream
tortilla chips
black olives
salsa
Reese''s Pieces
Pepsi
etc.

Nor will I stop on the way home and pick up CJ''s for dinner.
9.gif

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
A good greek salad.
3.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Oh Mara just reminded me of my sweet cereal fetish!!!! That craving changes frequently. It was just Lucky Charms. I ate most of a huge box myself and then ate the marshmallows out of the remaning portion of cereal. DS was NOT very happy when he poured himself an afternoon (the only time they get sweet cereal) bowl of Lucky Charms and there were 2 marshmallows left. This thread is making me seriously crave junk food, which is what I''ve been eating lately for the most part. I need to stop lurking on the WWT and join in!!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2007 6:49:57 PM
Author: Gypsy
Ahh...

Anyone in CA like El Pollo Loco?
Oh, I love it! But the only thing I eat there is the smokey black bean chicken bowl, and the reason I get it as that I have to overload it with pico de gallo. Like, 2 or 3 full cups of that stuff. I''m not exaggerating...one of my coworkers asked me if I had some kind of weird salsa addiction. But it doesn''t taste good to me without it.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
I. Love. Thai.... a lot. There is this great family Thai restaurant by school, and it is where all my girlfriends go when we do girl''s night out. It''s amazing. I also crave cheeseburgers from Wendy''s. Terrible, I know. I don''t give in too often though. I need to find a Chinese bakery I guess, because those desserts sound phenomenal. I am also addicted to brownie bites. I don''t know why, but whenever I get them at the store I can eat the whole bowl!

*M*

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
French fries -- please add those to my list! Very thing, super crisy ones. The stuff of life!!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anchor...I hear ya on the Nutella thing. I purposely look the other way as I''m walking down the PB&J aisle in the grocery store, because right above the jelly is Nutella. I try to just get one small jar a year to get my fix but it''s hard to stop after that. Nutella on toast or a Nutella and banana crepe -- incredible. Sounds weird but totally yummy.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, cereal too. I go through phases though. Right now I''m pretty addicted to eating Cheerios without milk (something I did as a kid while watching cartoons early in the morning). I also love cranberry walnut crunch but it''s not as healthy as I thought it would be (or at least the serving size isn''t what I''d like in a bowl of cereal).

Great thread!!

I agree with the few who mentioned Nutella... I discoverd it when I went to Italy about 10 years ago with my grandparents. I was 13 and very picky. Then my grandmother found it here and use to buy me a HUGE jar everytime she saw me. At one point we had so much we iced a cake with it... But normally I eat it on any kind of carb. toast. crackers, pretzels, etc...

My other absolute food obsession which started just a few months ago is soft pretzels - the Auntie Anne''s buttery kind. If I am at a mall I HAVE to buy one. I got hooked on them actually because of this local Amish market that sells soft pretzels that same style. Luckily its only open 2 days a week or I would be in TROUBLE!
12.gif

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Mrssalvo - I LOVE cinti chili as well!

We found it in a grocery store where we live now, so every now and again FI and I will have a three way for dinner! YUM! So unhealthy but so delish!

As for other things...

I am a SUSHI addict. I love it. Unfortunatly, there is only one place in town where I'll eat it..and it is wicked expensive...so we don't go there too often. Of course, we go there enough that the servers know us quite well!

I also LOVE rice crispy treats. LOVE them. I'd eat a whole pan if it was there. Same thing with plain brownies. None of that fancy stuff. I love them. Could eat a whole pan.

Oh, and avocados. LOVE them. LOVE LOVE LOVE them.

damn wedding diet. can't eat anything fun.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I forgot my addiction for Hot Dog on a Stick''s american cheese on a stick. I LOVE them. Made them at home. I can only eat one, and that''s a rarity now.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
"My other absolute food obsession which started just a few months ago is soft pretzels - the Auntie Anne''s buttery kind. If I am at a mall I HAVE to buy one. I got hooked on them actually because of this local Amish market that sells soft pretzels that same style. Luckily its only open 2 days a week or I would be in TROUBLE!"

OMG I am addicted to soft pretzels also, fake cheese included. My husband likes Nutella & any chocolate/peanut butter combo item.

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/28/2007 4:53:40 PM
Author: JulieN
Yum, DIM SUM!

I always ask people, dim sum or sushi? It''s probably one of the greatest conundrums of our time.

Fortunately (unfortunately?) I live in West LA, where good food goes to die.
I love Dim Sum but must admit that it''s only my mum''s ones that I like. Nothing like home made ones. MMMMMM

As for sushi - I used to love it but now prefer sashimi. I could eat it every day. Dipped (not drowned) in soy sauce with wasabi. Yuuuuuuuuuummmmmm

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
sushi is mine - I can drop $20-30 for myself alone once or twice a week - or more LOL I love miso soup and I love the salads but dang, give me some raw salmon (sake - my favfavfavorite!) and some wasabi and rice and I''m a happy girl!!! Of course I can''t just get ONE kind.... must have unagi.... hamachi, maguro (esp toro) those are my absolute favs but I''ve tried just about everything... with a few exceptions LOL And I don''t think there is a roll I don''t like - well except the ones with cream cheese, that''s just WRONG!!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2007 4:53:40 PM
Author: JulieN
Yum, DIM SUM!

I always ask people, dim sum or sushi? It''s probably one of the greatest conundrums of our time.

Fortunately (unfortunately?) I live in West LA, where good food goes to die.
I don''t like dim sum - I''m open to having it again but my experience thus far as been "eh, it''s okay". Maybe I just haven''t had THE dim sum before LOL

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2007 4:55:45 PM
Author: eleguin
I think if I ate sushi every day, I would be happy for life
face23.gif
YES!!!! i tell my husband I should have married an asian man or middle eastern man cause everything east of greece and south of russia is on my yum list with sushi at the top!!! And I really don''t like mexican food lol

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2007 7:35:05 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Anything with chocolate and peanutbutter together!!!
I''ve gotten desperate enough for this.... just nuke some choc chips, spread it on some tinfoil or parch paper - freeze - spread peanut butter - freeze - spread more choc chips - freeze or what the hell close enough eat it anyway LMAO!!!!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m a random food craver -- things that I don''t eat for years and then binge on for a day or two:
french fries with tartar sauce; meatloaf & mashed potatoes; meatloaf & mashed potatoes with corn mixed into the potatoes; garlic stuffed giant green olives w/french bread; wasabe potato chips; pasta of any kind with any kind of sauce. The only thing I crave daily is chocolate which is my one true food addiction.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have mixed cravings...sometimes sweets (cool whip, cookie dough, icing) or salty (chips, etc)...

I get addicted to things and keep going back to them over and over til I make myself sick.

Right now I love this cilantro dressing from the Cheesecake Factory and get the salad just to have the dressing!

I am a total creature of habit and will get in a food routine or rut...

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh this thread is too funny!

My downfall is pizza. Something about the red sauce and cheese (I love pasta and red sauce too, but you don''t need utensils to eat pizza, lol). And I am SO not a pizza snob--I will eat anything from frozen Totino''s to Pizza Hut to Domino''s, to the $20 gourmet pizza from the Italian restaurant down the street. I will eat absolutely any topping besides anchovies or meat...and I prefer an extra thin crust. If it''s cut in squares I go for the little corner pieces first, if I''m making a frozen pizza at home I pie-cut it into like 16ths because the smaller the piece I feel the less I"m eating, if that makes sense. Ok, I have to stop thinking about pizza now. It''s like Homer with doughnuts!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, I realize I haven''t confessed, yet.

I have strange cravings for KFC fried chicken (I feel like the quality of the chicken has gone down, though) and Cheetos.

lucyloo

Shiny_Rock
SUSHI
anything mexican
when visiting CA: in n out & el pollo loco
mango margaritas

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
I have random cravings, but double stuf Oreos are my downfall. I also recently discovered this snack of mixing chunky crunchy peanut butter with some honey and microwaving it, then spreading it on bananas. But my grossest food obsession are chili cheese burritos from Taco Bell with mild sauce. I don''t even want to know how many kcals are in that thing. The thing is, I love real Mexican food but I love me some Taco Bell. The only problem (but good for my abs) is that they don''t have them on the menu down South- it''s a midwestern menu item so I get one every time we make it up north. But I just love food
1.gif

Kit

Brilliant_Rock
This thread is hilarious and awesome.

PASTA!! Omg I seriously need to go into rehab over it. Pretty much any kind of pasta...in college I would make marinara sauce w/ mushrooms and pour it over a bed of spaghetti with tons of oregano and parm. Mmm!! Something about it hits a deep comfort level within me. But I am pretty much a foodie and love all kinds of things....sushi, definitely one of them. Thai, vietnamese especially pho or the noodle dishes. Chinese also, dim sum yes but give me a good noodle dish...is anyone noticing a theme here???
20.gif
15.gif
Steak, fish, bring it on. Pies, cakes, sweets...that''s right. Overall it''s all a real problem.

Plus, junkfood. Give me a bag of cheetoes or doritoes and I will devour the whole thing and then regret it badly later. Also--embarrassing: combos.
7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results