shape
carat
color
clarity

Flight To Cancun For Proposal??Help Please!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hoovillemd

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone,
StoneSeeker and Divergrrl have brought up some interesting things. I will actually be staying in the Riveria Maya at the Aventura Spa Palace. I am going to call the resort next week to set up everything for the proposal. I plan on talking to the head of the management staff there and would like to know if you think this is the best thing to do? I also contacted my insurance company (Chubb insurance) about the coverage’s on the ring abroad and they do cover it. If anyone has any more info please share. We leave next Saturday March 15th.
Thanks,
Matt Dabney

ociopia

Rough_Rock
Someone may have suggested this but I thought of it the other day - perhaps put the diamond on a ribbon and wear it around your neck? I think the metal in a ring is so small it will not set off detectors but even if it does, you could subtly open your shirt and show the guard.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
I have a very heavy gold bracelet and it never sets the metal detector off ! Enjoy the memories they will last forever.

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Divergirl, I was feeling like such a jerk for all my safety concerns. I'm happy another reliable source posted similar. I feel better now.

And the idea about making a CZ copy is brillaint, I wish I had thought of that. I might do that.

Windy City

Rough_Rock
Look, I fly almost every week. Security is nothing. Make sure everything nis out of your pockets (watches, wallet, coins, gum wrapper, everything). Put the ring through the belt in a jacket or bag, whatever. They won't go in for a ring. Do you think people going to Mexico don't bring jewelry? And even when they do search, nobody is allwed to stand around you execept the security. People are over analyzing security at airports. I have not been checked in over 30 segements both domestic and international. I say just put it in your shaving kit or something.

hoovillemd

Rough_Rock
Thanks Windy City,
You helped make me feel a little more at ease. I only have two more questions. The ring is not gold it is platinum, will that have any more chance of setting off any of the alarm sensors? When we get to our resort should I keep the ring in the room safe or in the resort safe? We arrive at our resort on Saturday and I plan on giving the ring to her on Tuesday or Wednesday. So there will be a few days where I must still hide the ring.
Thank you all for everything.
Matt Dabney

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
you are so gonna love the Riveria Maya....

YOU MUST check out Playa del Carmen, that's where hub and I hang out a few times a year, it's awesome. Very quaint, very fun, very european. Not at all Cancun-y. Good music on the beach at the blue parrot, Sea Life divers is a killer dive shop, Tank-Ha dive shop on 5th avenue offers the best snorkel packages (only 8 people on a trip--very fun), and check out the Hotel Lunata, its a cute boutique hotel that we stayed in the last time...(but avoid rooms that face the street, the night hours are not so quiet.

Tulum is definitely worth a visit, (the ruins are right on the ocean and quite amazing--the town is a little depressing but interesting), Chichen Itza is a haul (3 hours of a hard drive one way, and if you've seen one ruin, you've seen 'em all, go early its 104 degrees by noon), and check out the cenotes, very interesting. Xel-ha & Xcaret are "adventure theme parks" but Xel-ha is more natural and pretty interesting.

http://www.laquintaonline.com guide to nightlife in Playa (an easy cab ride from anywhere on the Playa, about 15 minutes from Aventura....
La Quinta means 5th, and 5th avenue is where the fun is.

http://sealifedivers.com awesome dive shop

http://lunata.com my fave hotel

Oh so jealous...have fun!

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
I just read in another thread that Jonathon at Good Old Gold got someone a lighted box. I happened to be looking up "destination" in search and I came across a thread titles something like "buying and proposal" check it out.

gemsource

Rough_Rock
i would use a lowtech aproach,I WOULD WARE IT ON MY GOLD CHAIN AROUND MY NECK UNDER MY SHIRT.THIS WILL WORK

NLUV

Rough_Rock
I'm also in the same dilemma and would appreciate additional information. My main concerns are also the transportation, concealment and once there a safe hiding place.

Thanks,
NLUV

babeskidoodle

Rough_Rock
Ok I have have faced this problem. I got engaged on a cruise in january and here's what I did. I took the ring and taped a couple of layers of klenex around it to protect it and put it in my wallet. I then carryed my wallet in from front pocket for safety. Then just before we went thru security I put my wallet, keys, etc in my girls carry on(the only one we had). No problem and everthing worked great.

Good luck!

rockabuy

Rough_Rock
I think that im going to try to put it in my wallet as well.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results