shape
carat
color
clarity

Flexible Men’s Wedding Band by Leon Mege

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
WOW I LOVE IT! it so unique, classy yet has a bit of an "edge" to it as well. What a cool ring and it looks great on him :)) I do have to say though, in MHO, in the last pic your STUNNING AVC ring outshines it just a teeny tiny bit ;))

slg47

Ideal_Rock
wow, that band is awesome! I love it! also love your ring, do you have more pics??????

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Wow wow wow! That is gorgeous, great design!! It looks great on his hand! The only thing I'm wondering though, does it catch the hairs on his fingers, or is there enough of a gap between the links that it doesn't happen? I just remember some watches I've worn catching the small hairs on my arm before.

Your ring is amazing! More pics! :appl:

Regarding Fogdancer, this kind of rudeness isn't unusual IIRC. Ignore!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!!! I am in love w/your ering!! :love:

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. I LOVE that! I will be showing FI, I hope he likes it too!

Matthewmon

Rough_Rock
please report back after a while about how comfortable it is! I'm very interested as I just began looking for a wedding ring (I am a man). What was Leon's opinion on men's rings/what men's rings does leon like? What kind of men's rings does Leon make cause I don't see any on his site? I'm interested in knowing the price range also if you can say... Can you explain what a stone being set into the band means? What other ideas did you like? Any general recommendations you can give me on buying a men's ring is welcome as I'm very new to this.

Thanks!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for everyone's compliments and I promise to have a thread started on my own Leon ring soon.

There has been multiple questions on comfort of the ring. This ring is very comfortable and my fiancé finds it more comfortable than a regular band. I have purchased a flexible band in silver for him (back-up ring) which he wore for months and he found it very comfortable. The gaps are very tiny and smoothed so finger hairs don't get caught but he doesn't have very hairy knuckles. I have no reason to believe this ring to be different. He has been trying to wear it but I am not letting him until we get married.

Matthewmon - Leon does not typically make men's bands as he finds them too boring but he will take on projects that are different. I remember I wanted to make a relatively normal band in the beginning and he wouldn't give me a quote. Diamonds or gemstones can be set into the band if you want some bling but my guy doesn't like bling as much as I pushed. I also considered the Damiani Brad Pitt ring but my fiancé didn't like it and also felt the ring would be too thick and uncomfortable. The best is to go to the jewelers and try out the designs before you select one. I found Leon's prices to be very reasonable.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alright...i am officially in love...Charmy, this is by far the most amazing wedding band for a man that i've ever seen in my life. And it looks so cool on his hand...wow...i love it!

Your ring is gorgeous too! How could you have gone through the process of having your beautiful diamond reset without telling us :Up_to_something: ? Is your new LM setting similar to the original setting of your ER?

Many congrats on both choices, they are indeed gorgeous... :appl: :appl: :appl:

pixies

Shiny_Rock
I like this a lot. I can't blame the fiance for wanting to wear it early! Leon did an excellent job executing the ring.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
natyLad|1293082096|2804406 said:
Your ring is gorgeous too! How could you have gone through the process of having your beautiful diamond reset without telling us :Up_to_something: ? Is your new LM setting similar to the original setting of your ER?

My story is pretty confusing ...

Diamond 1 = ERD 8 Main Cushion
Diamond 2 = GOG AVC

Diamond 1 was set in a Maytal Hannah split shank and then reset by Maytal Hannah in a Harry Winston inspired halo.
Diamond 2 was set by Leon Mege first in error in a double shank setting and reset correctly in a single split shank.

The new Leon Mege is closest to what we originally set out to do - something close to the Daniel K Split Crown ring. I feel like we have come full circle after 2 years.

Confusing :razz: I don't even know how I keep track.

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Charmy!

I love your AVC - I luv luv luv the AVC and hope to have one someday! :love:

If you don't mind me asking, how much does it cost to have Leon make a band like the one for your husband? It's really cool, and it's something I might consider in the future for him one day.

Thanks!

septembergirl

Shiny_Rock
That ring is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!

Four years ago we saw a similar design in one of my bridal magazines and my husband had his heart set on it. We just couldn't find it in our area at the time and he was pretty bummed about it but moved on to something he was happy with. I will definitly have to show him this thread and maybe one day he could get it as a right hand ring.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
CharmyPoo|1293063910|2804188 said:
I personally think the band is made a little small but the fiance thinks it is perfect (who am I to say then). Anyways, talked him into some hand pics. A stone can be set into the band. I actually wanted to do that but the fiance refused any type of stone.

MenBand-HandPic2.jpg

MenBand-HandPic1.jpg

I LOVE IT!! I think it's just great and looks beautiful on his hand!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Very nice on the hand.

I offered this design to my fiance but he just wants a plain band :rolleyes:

katushka

Rough_Rock
Wow! I love the band—unique but still masculine and timeless. Reminds me of Hermes's Chain D'Ancre motif. Just curious—does future hubby wear a watch on the same hand? I'm always interested in ring-watch combos.

I have to say your Leon e-ring has shot to my #1 favorite ring on PS, just from that one photo. I'm still hoping to swap out my AVC to one closer to a 1:1 ratio (while staying colorless and on-budget—not a lot of inventory) and your seeing your stone reminds me why—I just love the shape of the culet, the Maltese Cross and the kozibe effect (at least I think that's what I'm seeing!) The ideal chunky cushion—just gorgeous.

Can't wait for your full e-ring post and to see the wedding band you choose!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks great on his hand! Very cool!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Coolest Men's ring ever!!!!

I love your AVC too! :love: :love:

Matthewmon

Rough_Rock
flexible means it can increase in size? is there a such thing as a flexible band that is one piece of metal and looks like a regular plain band? thanks!

Matthewmon

Rough_Rock
where did you get the flexible ring in silver from? thanks!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
katushka|1293124658|2804696 said:
I have to say your Leon e-ring has shot to my #1 favorite ring on PS, just from that one photo. I'm still hoping to swap out my AVC to one closer to a 1:1 ratio (while staying colorless and on-budget—not a lot of inventory) and your seeing your stone reminds me why—I just love the shape of the culet, the Maltese Cross and the kozibe effect (at least I think that's what I'm seeing!) The ideal chunky cushion—just gorgeous.

Can't wait for your full e-ring post and to see the wedding band you choose!

Thanks Katushka. You are so sweet. Yes, my AVC is a perfect 1:1 ratio and a E - I would not budge on the ratio as a slight variance is very noticeable to my eye. Both my cushions are 1:1 ratios. My family says this ring is so me versus my halo ring .. I still love both rings but this design is more suitable for me.

I have actually purchased a plain wedding band from Leon although I really want a band that sits flush. I wonder if Leon will make it for me but I doubt it. I might have to find a local jeweller but I don't trust their pave work.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Matthewmon|1293480302|2807200 said:
where did you get the flexible ring in silver from? thanks!

Flexible means that the band can bend. It cannot change in size and in fact - this ring cannot be resized ever. I know he is getting fat too so hopefully it will still fit in a few years.

I got the silver ring from eBay.

AdanaEsq

Shiny_Rock
Love your e-ring and his band! My SO is a watch collector so I think a band like that would totally work for him. If I were to modify anything, I might make it wider and maybe put diamonds alternating in the center links.

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
Charmy,
Your fiance's ring is so cool. I love it and think he will get lots of comments on it (when he is eventually allowed to wear it :wink2: )

I hope you dont mind butI have saved all your pics in my inspiration folder, cos hubby refuses to wear a ring saying it interfers with his golf grip :rolleyes:, but this flexible band could be the answer.

Your new ring is lovely as well :love:

I hope you both wear them in good health

Mac

katushka

Rough_Rock
Hi Charmy, Not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask (I might be threadjacking) but could you tell me a bit more about why you prefer the 1:1 ratio? Is it simply the outline and evenly proportioned/square shape that appeals or is it more of an optics issue and the lack of bowtie? (I've never quite understood if an elongated AVC can have the same caliber optics as a 1:1—I feel like you see fewer "long" ones like mine in GOG videos.)

When I bought my AVC, i focused on color and size/budget and didn't think about the ratio but now it's of major interest to me. Funny how these details can loom large once you really start staring at stones.

Also, I'm curious how you feel about the culet in your AVC. I've loved the look of the large culet from the first time I saw it but I remember that in an earlier post you said you originally didn't want one.

Thanks for having such inspirational pieces and good advice :)

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I love both rings and will continue to follow this thread with great interest!!!

Lori

lovlea1

Rough_Rock
Both rings are beautiful. Charmypoo does your husband's ring solve the problem of a slipping ring that fit over a big knuckle? Your husband's knuckles don't look big. My fiance broke his & he needs a ring big enough to fit over it. Once it is on it slides up & down & annoys him. Also if the ring has stones on top they slip around to the back. I guess I'm wondering how it is put on & can you make it fit once it is over the knuckle?

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
That is one cool ring!! What a great concept. I had never seen one like this and if someone had described it without seeing it I would of thought it would look weird but it's fantastic!!!! :appl:

And your new ring definitely needs its own thread ASAP! From that one picture I can tell it's going to be my new favorite PS ring. I even went and checked the Leon web site to see if it was featured there and I found one similar to yours but I'm not sure if it is. Is it? :))

Cachette :))

Mynah*Bird

Rough_Rock
Such a cool ring!! I love the different finishes on it!

.......and your cushion is beauuuutiful!!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
lovlea1|1293663302|2809295 said:
Both rings are beautiful. Charmypoo does your husband's ring solve the problem of a slipping ring that fit over a big knuckle? Your husband's knuckles don't look big. My fiance broke his & he needs a ring big enough to fit over it. Once it is on it slides up & down & annoys him. Also if the ring has stones on top they slip around to the back. I guess I'm wondering how it is put on & can you make it fit once it is over the knuckle?
Something like Superfit might be better for your hubby, lovlea. www.superfitinc.com

Charmypoo, that is a super gorgeous men's ring. As far as not being able to resize it, well, then it's time for a new wedding anniversary ring. My DH is on his third "wedding" band. In the meantime, I love your gorgeous rings. Wear them in good health and wishing you many, many years of wedded bliss.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results