shape
carat
color
clarity

Five stone engagement rings

bellarex

Rough_Rock
hi guys

Me and my boyfriend have started searching for engagement rings (exciting!!). I have unexpectedly fallen in love with five stone rings that are usually used as wedding bands or anniversary rings.

My boyfriend's concern is that he would like to give me a larger center diamond (as that's what happens at an engagement!) rather than 5 smaller stones that I could get at another time... I kind of agree you can't give a solitaire at any other time in your life...

Does anyone have pics of five stone engagement rings, with a larger center stone and smaller side stones? Or anyone have a five stone graduated ring or ungraduated as an engagement ring?

Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks!

bellarex

Rough_Rock
Thanks guys - some great stuff to look at!
Just wondering if in general five stones are a bit non traditional as an engagement ring...? Do people have thoughts on it?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I think you should get what you like! ER come in all designs for differing tastes. Some rings have 5 uniform sized stones, while others having tapering sizes.

Go to your local stores and try on many shapes/styles and sizes. Happy shopping!

cheers--Sharon

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two of my friends got 3-stone bands for their e-rings. They were both "older" brides - maybe that had something to do with their choices -a 3- or 5-stone ring is arguably a bit more practical and wearable than the solitaire you could buy for the same money. In any event, I'm sure you'll be able to find an absolutely stunning 5-stone band with the knowledge you're getting here. Just remind your sweetie that you're the one who's going to be wearing this ring, and promise to get him whatever he wants for his wedding band! :wink2:

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/5-stone-graduated-trellis-from-bgd.170896/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/5-stone-graduated-trellis-from-bgd.170896/[/URL]

This is mine, I wear it as my engagement ring and wedding band. This was not my original ring though, I reset my solitaire into a five stone at the start of this year.

Personally I would get the bigger stone now while you can! You can always reset it into a 5 stone at a later date or buy a smaller 5 stone ring to wear as a wedding band? If you really like a five stone as an engagement ring go for it. :))

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I hear "5-stone" I mean one where the stones are the same size or only very slightly graduated from the center. When there's a large center, then I see the 4 other stones as "side stones." I know people who have a "5-stone" as an engagement ring; they look lovely paired with a plain band once you're married. You should do what pleases YOU, but I think it looks more like a wedding band and not an engagement ring. If there's a significantly larger center, then yes, I see engagement ring. In terms of a 3-stone, with sapphire or ruby sides...... that's an East Coast prep style that endures throughout the ages, but I don't think that's what you're considering though.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sj beat me to it ::)

I wear mine with a band. I had a (very slightly) graduated fivestone made for my mum earlier this year that she sometimes pairs with a plain band too, and it looks fantastic. They really are *completely* different looks IRL though!!

Which, of course, means that even if you have one sort you might well still covet the other :devil:

WF1.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results