shape
carat
color
clarity

First post, help me choose one of these 3!

diamondbuyer654123

Rough_Rock
Hello all.
I think I've narrowed it to 3, though I'm open to suggestions. Is #3 worth the $2500 premium over #1 or #2.

The place I found these in reputable/has a good return policy, but no pics/etc. They offer the preferred setting.
All are round, G color VVS1, GIA triple excellent.
Thanks!

Price - Cheapest
Size ~1.4
Depth 61.4
Table 56.0
Crown Angle 34.0
Pavilion Angle 40.6
Length/Width 7.19,7.23
Girdle - Med/Slightly Thick
HCA Score 0.6

Price - +$500
Size ~1.4
Depth 61.7
Table 58.0
Crown Angle 36.0
Pavilion Angle 40.6
Length/Width 7.22,7.17
Girdle - Med/Slightly Thick
HCA Score 1.9

Price - +$2500
Size ~1.5
Depth 61.5
Table 57.0
Crown Angle 36.0
Pavilion Angle 40.6
Length/Width 7.33,7.38
Girdle - Med/Med
HCA Score 1.8

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would consider that all three of these stones would need an ASET or idealscope image. The last two have higher crown angles than the recommended range, so they could have leakage. The first one has numbers within the safer range, but a 34 crown angle usually works better with a 40.8 or 40.9 pavilion angle. So I'd want to see an ASET or idealscope image for it, as well. The last one is 1.5 cts and that is why it costs more, but it is also going to appear larger than the other two.

These are measurements to help you stay in ideal cut territory with a GIA excellent cut stone.

table: 54-58

depth: 60-62.3

crown angle: 34-35.0 (up to 35.5 crown angle can sometimes work with a 40.6 pav angle)

pavilion angle: 40.6-40.9 (sometimes 41.0 if the crown angle is close to 34)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more thing. You could expand your search down to VS1. I see little reason to pay for VVS clarity in a G color stone. I'd far rather have a 1.5+ ct stone that was VS1. VS1 stones have inclusions that are difficult to see with 10x magnification. So they are very clean stones.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
VVS is a waste of money.

Stick to Vs2 or Vs1 and eyeclean and you'll be much better off.

fair75

Rough_Rock
Typically, idealscope or ASET scope image is needed to decide which diamond is the best. However, if it's impossible to get images from vendors and you don't want to pay more to get a super ideal diamond, then at least request pictures. If you must buy based on grading reports alone, make sure the vendor has good return policies so you can return the diamond if it's not what you want or like.

Yes, VVS is really not necessary and most of the time it's a mind-clean issue. If you have access to photos or videos, you can pick an eye-clean SI1 or SI2 diamond.

Crown angle 34 and pavilion angle 40.6 are within the ideal ranges, but this combo usually delivers a brighter diamond. Again, some people may prefer that.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Gypsy|1467174508|4049546 said:
VVS is a waste of money.

Stick to Vs2 or Vs1 and eyeclean and you'll be much better off.

Gypsy,

I know that this is your preference, but often an individual has reasons for wanting a higher clarity or color or weight. These can be both cultural or personal.

Often, since this diamond is a symbol to represent the feelings of love and adoration that the giver has for the recipient, it IS important to the giver to get the best symbol of that love he/she can afford. I agree with you from an eye visual point of view, but diamonds are often about so much more than the eye can see.

Wnk

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wink, I agree with you, but I see VVS coming into play more when one is going with D-E color (for the cultural or other reasons of wanting top color/clarity). I just don't see it with G color, because you've dropped to near colorless, and to me, VS kind of fits that range better. But you are, of course, correct that people have different preferences and value different things. I have an H VVS1 asscher simply because it was the best cut one available when I was looking and it wasn't that much more since the stone was only 1 ct. The lower the color, the less pain the high clarity causes, though!

diamondbuyer654123

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the thoughtful replies.

I am hoping for a VVS2 or VVS1, probably a little overkill, but mind clean, and the slight bump in price to me is worth it.

As far as G color my understanding was in the 'real world' there is almost no distinguishable difference between a G and F, and G should look very white. Doesn't seem to be a compromise?

Anyways I found another, that does have an ASET, does it have too much green? Also I noticed the picture has a slight amount of blue, there is no fluorescence, think its a product of a sub par photography?

https://enchanteddiamonds.com/diamonds/view/R150-C9GJJV

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results