shape
carat
color
clarity

First lab diamond purchase from Distinctive Gem

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mreader, rose gold is the long term goal, I would love the CVB dahlia setting!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Right? He is a doll to work with. Since you are my bling sister, what do you think of it? I want to make sure I’m not just seeing it through lust eyes lol!

It really is so gorgeous
I'm sure you won't be disappointed!
We are all dying to see how you set it!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, thanks girlfriend, I appreciate the reassurance. Onward!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Quick update, I am waiting on a label to ship my Stuller setting via FedEx overnight to Jonathan. From there he will have his master bench look at it to determine what needs to be done with the prongs to make perfect claws. He said once I give the green light to go ahead with setting it’s 24-72 hours and they ship it overnight to me.

By far this is the best communication I’ve had with a vendor, he answers all my questions and is just super friendly and patient.

Will keep you posted!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know this will be beautiful!!!! I have a 2.11 K VS1 with a pink tint from Jon at Distinctive Gems!!! It’s gorgeous! I’m actually trying to sell it, as I’m just not an MRB girl sadly!

Your ring is literally my dream, the dahlia is my favorite setting and that pink tint on your diamond is so romantic and feminine. I hear you about cut, I would love a pink tinted OEC but that is way out of the budget. Do you mind me asking if the pink tint is more obvious in person? I wondered if the computer and phones tend to wash it out or if that’s a true representation.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
:lickout:Yadda! Your collection is becoming quite an enviable group of special! :love:
I love it, I love the tint, I love the *perfect* size, I love the idea of rose gold...just, yeah
I can't wait to see handshots and video. :shock:>These are my eyeballs, ready.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much @ItsMainelyYou! This really is the perfect (for me) size and I’m just so tickled to have something pink finally. The setting for now is white because that’s what I had on hand and figure I’ll set it and wear it and maybe do rose gold down the line.

Looks like I’ll be wearing it on my finger for Thanksgiving!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey all, just wanted to give a quick update. The ring is at the bench, unfortunately I’m not getting claw prongs because the existing prongs aren’t long enough. On top of that the jeweler who set the spinel set it crooked! Goes to show you how much I pay attention and how crappy of a jeweler he was. The bench was not comfortable with thinning them out either but this setting is temporary so I’ll get my claw prongs with the forever setting.

Just waiting now for the diamond to be set. Funny thing when I posted that I might be wearing this for Thanksgiving, I didn’t realize it was next week! Anyone else think Thanksgiving was a couple weeks away?

In any event I’ll come back and post pictures, you know, like a million because I’m so excited :)

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada This is very exciting!! You’ll put that beauty in a forever home after you’ve gotten to know her better. :)
Hope you don’t have to wait too long!

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Hey all, just wanted to give a quick update. The ring is at the bench, unfortunately I’m not getting claw prongs because the existing prongs aren’t long enough. On top of that the jeweler who set the spinel set it crooked! Goes to show you how much I pay attention and how crappy of a jeweler he was. The bench was not comfortable with thinning them out either but this setting is temporary so I’ll get my claw prongs with the forever setting.

Just waiting now for the diamond to be set. Funny thing when I posted that I might be wearing this for Thanksgiving, I didn’t realize it was next week! Anyone else think Thanksgiving was a couple weeks away?

In any event I’ll come back and post pictures, you know, like a million because I’m so excited :)

Maybemaybemaybe… setting takes a few days but hope springs eternal. I am impatient on your behalf. :)

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First look! Should be delivered Tuesday!!

F2C4B9A0-24D2-4B41-B5D5-D2928934B5D8.jpeg 58DF1158-0323-4E5F-81A8-491E639CAD9D.jpeg 4FA97935-E0BC-436F-9BC3-7B3D4C107D68.jpeg

Its so lovely! I'm dying to see it on your hand!
I really adore that 8 prong setting, very regal!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Eight prongs are my favorite! Get your picture finger ready.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s here and it’s beautiful!! I have to run out to the store and do school pickup but I will be back with more pictures and thoughts.

Wanted to post a quick one before I run out….

81D8C5EB-5B54-433B-8EC9-173EC35B5FAD.jpeg

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Love it! Wear it in good health. Can't wait to see it in your forever setting!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fabulous!!!
Be careful driving while admiring your new ring!!!
Waiting patiently for more photos.....

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m back and then off to make dinner….mom life!

This whole experience was by far the best I’ve had, Jonathan and Vicki were in contact nearly daily with updates. It took two weeks from the day I ordered the diamond to having the completed ring, that was in part because they were working with an existing setting, so factor in mailing time for that. A big thank you to both of them @Rhino for being so awesome!

Anyone reading this needs to know I am not a numbers girl and I also didn’t go crazy trying to decide between CVD or HPHT. It was literally me looking at the diamonds available and seeing a pink tint and going that one! Of course it helps that Jonathan vetted the stone and I trust him so that probably contributed to my lack of intense research. This diamond probably has a more apparent pink tint because it is a faint brown K, maybe that will be helpful to someone wanting a similar diamond.

This purchase came in right around $1675 and that was the diamond, tax, overnight shipping and the cost to set the diamond and polish the setting.

Stats:

1.31 carat-7.01 x 7.09 x 4.35
K color with faint brown tint
SI1 clarity
CVD
Ideal Cut
Scores 2.4 on HCA

I took about a billion pictures because I couldn’t tell which ones showed the tint I see in person, it’s hard to capture. In real life it definitely has a subtle pink tint to it which will probably be further enhanced by a rose gold setting down the line.

Outside shots:
749FBA8C-FD8D-4F60-A7FC-9C1CA1719E2D.jpeg

DC026270-8C36-4AF9-85AF-9B2879154EC2.jpeg

3C1BAC6C-5E8F-41C5-A21C-6671DF22C46F.jpeg

142BC920-1F66-4F50-8079-15941B470897.jpeg

ED8D6AC8-C786-40D7-8885-577623E8E622.jpeg

421921CF-735C-4163-9F49-C73DFD186A10.jpeg

23E96B1F-FB40-4354-BD44-32B997C7B484.jpeg

D61979F4-68B2-474F-9C82-4E7625FFAB48.jpeg A96D9A2B-297B-4BF6-B269-F81BB2BF3795.jpeg

More to come!

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few more indoor shots:
D98BEBFE-2A67-43E2-940E-A963D14DEDCB.jpeg 662ABC9E-BE92-4B37-873D-84F8DEB50C56.jpeg

In my chair, not great lighting
DA4BC3C0-1EEB-476A-B1B7-7C8830344071.jpeg

In the car, now this is a good representation of what I see IRL

6EAB12D1-C04B-49C6-9D69-4BE4A83B61F9.jpeg 45A1BEBC-B754-45D5-9BBA-D254B261ECD5.jpeg

Next to a GIA graded “G”
59D48490-7B21-4B6C-9318-2C54D8C36890.jpeg

IGI info and Carly of course:
4354A964-B11C-4F43-AE08-1984B950AA84.jpeg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I realized after posting that I failed to say anything about the ring! Got too carried away posting pictures, sorry guys I’m scatterbrained today!

Love the ring, really how can you go wrong with a subtle pink amazing brilliant cut? It doesn’t look bad in any light and is IMO the perfect size. I had a moissy ring that was 7.5mm and that was a little too big for me so this really is perfect.

Long term goal is to put it in rose gold but will definitely take my time figuring out a setting and just enjoy this as is. Was lucky to have a setting that would fit this diamond, meant to be I guess!

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
I realized after posting that I failed to say anything about the ring! Got too carried away posting pictures, sorry guys I’m scatterbrained today!

Love the ring, really how can you go wrong with a subtle pink amazing brilliant cut? It doesn’t look bad in any light and is IMO the perfect size. I had a moissy ring that was 7.5mm and that was a little too big for me so this really is perfect.

Long term goal is to put it in rose gold but will definitely take my time figuring out a setting and just enjoy this as is. Was lucky to have a setting that would fit this diamond, meant to be I guess!

It’s beautiful! This makes me really excited to get mine. I hope it’ll be coming soon.

Iwanttosparkle

Shiny_Rock
It's beautiful, I'm so glad you found it! It looks great with your ruby eternity.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mreader, thank you, I just love that bit of pink, especially because it’s so subtle, I’m not a fan of the salmon color MMD’s.

@jaysonsmom, thank you so much and it will be a bit before I find a forever setting but it will be worth it!

@stracci2000, I had to restrain myself from taking photos because they sun was hitting it just right while I was driving. Safety first though ;-)

@mayaINaU, Can’t wait to see yours, I’m sure it will be amazing!!

@Iwanttosparkle thanks! I actually had this eternity listed for sale because it didn’t fit but apparently it will be a winter ring :)

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's really yummy!!!
Well done Yada!!!
Once again you nailed it. I adore the 8 prongs.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow @YadaYadaYada I love it so much! I’m so happy for you! It looks amazing on your hand and I think this setting is great nonetheless. Especially the eight prongs. Just lovely. Enjoy!!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, I wish you lived closer so you could see it up close! Love having eight prongs too, the more the better IMO!

@Slick1, thank you! You know I actually don’t mind the setting and the prongs bug me less than I thought! Kind of amazed I found this diamond because it was just a whim that I looked through the inventory and found it :)

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Slick1, thank you! You know I actually don’t mind the setting and the prongs bug me less than I thought! Kind of amazed I found this diamond because it was just a whim that I looked through the inventory and found it :)
Purchases “on a whim” are usually the best kind. Honestly, I don’t think you have to rush a setting. I rather like the simplicity of it and the 8 prongs. Live with and get to know her first. You might even find the perfect one preloved as you are so adept at!!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Purchases “on a whim” are usually the best kind. Honestly, I don’t think you have to rush a setting. I rather like the simplicity of it and the 8 prongs. Live with and get to know her first. You might even find the perfect one preloved as you are so adept at!!

Oh that would be terrific to find a pre-loved setting or maybe I’ll finally get that Dahlia!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results