carat
color
clarity

First lab diamond purchase from Distinctive Gem

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey all,

New spot for me here but very excited to be joining the lab diamond club!

Inspired by all the amazing lab diamonds here, I decided to browse Distinctive’s inventory and happened upon a pink tinted 1.31 K color SI1. I emailed Jonathan to confirm it does have a pink tint, that it wasn’t just wishful thinking, and he confirmed it does indeed!

Jonathan got the stone today and he is going to vet it tomorrow and send video. Can’t wait! I am hoping it is eye-clean, there is a little spot in the center I’m worried about. Well, just had to share because I’m so excited, here is a pic and the stats.

BF7317B5-DE67-478C-84DA-072B7C28A671.jpeg

2AE5F2D4-244A-41DD-84F7-1EBFCC9DE601.jpeg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey all,

New spot for me here but very excited to be joining the lab diamond club!

Inspired by all the amazing lab diamonds here, I decided to browse Distinctive’s inventory and happened upon a pink tinted 1.31 K color SI1. I emailed Jonathan to confirm it does have a pink tint, that it wasn’t just wishful thinking, and he confirmed it does indeed!

Jonathan got the stone today and he is going to vet it tomorrow and send video. Can’t wait! I am hoping it is eye-clean, there is a little spot in the center I’m worried about. Well, just had to share because I’m so excited, here is a pic and the stats.

BF7317B5-DE67-478C-84DA-072B7C28A671.jpeg

2AE5F2D4-244A-41DD-84F7-1EBFCC9DE601.jpeg

It's just gorgeous!
I know you have a discerning eye, and very good taste. So I have no doubt that this will make a stunning ring!! I can't wait!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's just gorgeous!
I know you have a discerning eye, and very good taste. So I have no doubt that this will make a stunning ring!! I can't wait!

You are too kind, I have no idea what I’m doing! I trust Jonathan though to be honest and that is a huge load off my mind. Plus it was a very good price and has a return policy so definitely worth a look.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, how exciting! I love these pink-tinted lab diamonds. If it works out, I can't wait to see how you set it!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, how exciting! I love these pink-tinted lab diamonds. If it works out, I can't wait to see how you set it!

Me too! I’ve been wanting a pink diamond but some pink lab diamonds are too saturated for me. For now it will be set into this setting and I may send the spinel to get a lab report. It’s just a simple Stuller setting but it’s the only one I have that will fit the new stone.

880C9284-B056-4C89-8C42-1DF4047ED953.jpeg

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very very pretty!! And I love the eight-prong setting you’ll set it in!! Hope you love it!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very very pretty!! And I love the eight-prong setting you’ll set it in!! Hope you love it!

Thanks! I was rather surprised to find this stone because I’ve searched several times before and nothing really caught my eye. I am hoping I can get the prongs reworked for the new stone, they are a bit prominent, my old jeweler wasn’t great with prongs.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
YadaYadaYada, like a brown-tinted K wasn't gorgeous enough? I've never heard of a pinkish K. To me, this is the perfect pink, we agree on saturation. I just love this color! Jonathan does amazing things. Can't wait to see the diamond in your ring!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @petrock<3!

@Ibrakeforpossums, yes I have always admired those brown pinks, so pretty. I just wanted a slight pink and hopefully this is it right here. The wait is killer but tomorrow isn’t that far off. Jonathan has been very lovely to do business with too, really a great guy.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Thanks @petrock<3!

@Ibrakeforpossums, yes I have always admired those brown pinks, so pretty. I just wanted a slight pink and hopefully this is it right here. The wait is killer but tomorrow isn’t that far off. Jonathan has been very lovely to do business with too, really a great guy.

Everyone says that about him. I learned so much from his videos from GOG, And I learned to love his ways, his delivery. Please tell us all about your experience.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! That diamond is so gorgeous! A pink tinted diamond is amazing! I don’t see the spot you are taking about at that magnification. It has to be eye clean..I hope you love it!!!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Ibrakeforpossums, I will absolutely share my experience once all is said and done :)

@oncrutchesrightnow, I will for sure, not sure what he will send me today but I will share whatever I get.

@MamaBee, ahhhh I am so excited about this! Hopefully the spot I’m worried about is just apparent with magnification. I’ve been on the hunt for a pink something for a while :)

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m so excited for you @YadaYadaYada , can’t wait to see your diamond.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just got an email a little bit ago with a YouTube video! Have to run out to pick up my son from school. If anyone wants to nerd out here is the video on YouTube:

I’ll be back in a bit but by all means feel free to post any thoughts.

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
Just got an email a little bit ago with a YouTube video! Have to run out to pick up my son from school. If anyone wants to nerd out here is the video on YouTube:

I’ll be back in a bit but by all means feel free to post any thoughts.

What a nice stone! Inspired, I went through and found a super nice asscher with the same pink effect that I'm now thinking about for myself...

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
99F9FBD2-B23C-4850-9A31-8A3A90EC5A0F.jpeg
In the pickup line now for my younger one, I swear I spend more time in the car than anywhere else some days lol!

Sorry for the blurriness, these are screenshots from the video.

B8719F3D-3CF3-4005-AF0D-091090F63704.jpeg

A7CF98FA-F22C-4789-AC3E-8C9F00D930E8.jpeg

851C1F0B-B73C-40D5-84E9-B86060ECC75E.jpeg

6D8E7462-4BD5-4B12-B502-EF46F5E55FC1.jpeg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a nice stone! Inspired, I went through and found a super nice asscher with the same pink effect that I'm now thinking about for myself...

Oh exciting! If you buy it you definitely should come back and share :)

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Omg please post many pics when you get it! Can’t wait!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada

Wow! That was awfully nice of Jonathan to shoot that video for your stone!!
Really interesting and informative. I can't wait to see it when you get it!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@YadaYadaYada It‘s a beautiful diamond! It’s just gorgeous! I can’t wait to see what you think when you get it!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada

Wow! That was awfully nice of Jonathan to shoot that video for your stone!!
Really interesting and informative. I can't wait to see it when you get it!

Right? He is a doll to work with. Since you are my bling sister, what do you think of it? I want to make sure I’m not just seeing it through lust eyes lol!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @MamaBee, your post is very reassuring, this is new territory for me so I’m a bit nervous!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks @MamaBee, your post is very reassuring, this is new territory for me so I’m a bit nervous!

@YadaYadaYada I love the color. I love that it doesn’t have a yellow undertone. The light pink tint is amazing. I hope you love it when you get it!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee, thank you, I really appreciate your opinion, you have beautiful diamonds and jewelry. I did ask Jon if he could use an existing Stuller setting because I really want well done claw prongs and he said he can! It’s all coming together!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee, thank you, I really appreciate your opinion, you have beautiful diamonds and jewelry. I did ask Jon if he could use an existing Stuller setting because I really want well done claw prongs and he said he can! It’s all coming together!

I think your opinion will be the best one. You have the eye....When do you think you’ll have it?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think your opinion will be the best one. You have the eye....When do you think you’ll have it?

I’m not sure, I have to send him the setting and make sure that will work otherwise it will probably be loose for a while. However long that takes but he isn’t far from me so that’s a plus.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Exciting! I daydream of having a pinkish diamond. So much can do to bring out the color too - rose gold!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results