shape
carat
color
clarity

First IDJ venture: new jackets & setting, plus eye candy!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
It’s funny - I’ve logged a lot of hours on Pricescope and it’s impossible to miss all the glowing reviews for ID Jewelry, and yet, even after a dozen trips to the NYC diamond district for colored stone settings (and walking right past their door!), I’ve never seriously considered them. Silly I know, but I’m happy to say all that changed this past weekend, and I came home with two pieces that I’m crazy in love with!

For some time now, I’d been thinking about upgrading my diamond earrings - .53ctw OEC’s with delicate half-pointer halo jackets. But, I wasn’t sure if I wanted larger studs or larger halos. Yekutiel told me over the phone that he had jackets with 3-pointers, and assured me that I’d love them. Honestly, I was a little skeptical because I thought the melee would overwhelm the studs, but man, he was spot on - they were PERFECT! The proportions are a huge change over my old jackets, but I absolutely adore the scalloped edges, and they definitely have more presence on the ear.

First up, a shot of my old OEC studs and jackets

IMG_5326-2.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Re: First IDJ venture: new jackets & setting, plus eye candy

New jackets! :love:

IMG_0131b.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock

IMG_0205.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock

IMG_0318.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock

A couple comparison shots

IMG_0179.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock

IMG_0217.JPG

slg47

Ideal_Rock

wow-the new jackets really are a completely different look! I also really like the scalloped edges!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock

IMG_0237a.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock

Ugh, I have more photos, but my laptop is uncooperative :angryfire:

I'm running diagnostics and will come back in a bit to add more.......sorry!

farmer gal

Brilliant_Rock

They look gorgeous :love:

dani13

Ideal_Rock

Oh I love them!!! Can't wait to see more pics!!! Love IDJ!!!!! :appl: :appl:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I LOVE the new jackets. Simply beautiful! I want :Up_to_something:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

wow- stunning!! I love the new jackets :)

tigian

Ideal_Rock

Those jackets are beautiful!!!!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

...btw, I am anxiously awaiting the setting and eye cande!!! :bigsmile:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

:love: :love: :love: Those are gorgeous, Cellantini!!! I love them!

They look amazing - glad you liked your field trip to IDJ! (I'm just slightly green with envy of those lucky folks who can pop in to any of the NYC vendors!)

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I love them!!!! Love the size.
Are both pairs of earrings fixed, i.e., studs permanently attached to jackets? i knew 3-pointers would make a statement.
Please tell us the diameters of the old and new jacketed studs.
Someday, I shall pay a visit to IDJ with my sisters. She lives in Manhattan. I never thought about dropping by the Diamond District while I visited her. :Up_to_something:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh my gosh, how beautiful are those?!? Love them :love: - those scalloped edges are dreamy - how about an earshot? :sun:

SB621

Ideal_Rock

Cel- Are you going to sell your old jackets? If so I have been looking for a pair!!!! You can email me through DB if you want.

And for the new pair they are gorgeous!!!!! I really love the proportions personally and they give great presense. DH and I are buying a pair of jackets from IDJ for my MIL's 60th this summer. Seeing your jackets reaffirm that we are doing the right thing by going to IDJ.

Thanks!
Sarah

Brownie22

Rough_Rock

Those are completely gorgeous! :love: I have a pair of .50ctw diamond studs that I wanted to upgrade but this seems like a much better option! I may have to visit IDJ as well.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock

Well, computer issues are still unresolved, but I coerced my oldest daughter into letting me use her laptop! Thanks everyone for your wonderful comments already - let me finish loading the pics, and then I'll respond to questions and requests. :))

Here are a couple more shots of the pair together. What I notice in the macro shots is how well cut those 3-pointers are - when the angle is just right, I can see arrows!

IMG_0221b.JPG

IMG_0219.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock

So as I mentioned earlier, most of my trips to the diamond district are centered around finding settings for colored stones, and wouldn't you know it - IDJ had the most beautiful, delicate halo setting that happened to fit one of my stones. The 2.83ct Uruguay amethyst is 9x9mm and faceted by Gary Braun, and the delicious prongs were done by IDJ - both are exquisite and I couldn't be more pleased! For colored stones,finding a setting is only half the battle - a skilled bench can be even more elusive, and I'm very impressed with IDJ's.

IMG_0051a.JPG

IMG_0055.JPG

IMG_0059.JPG

IMG_0310a.JPG

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh my God-- this ring is gorgeous! And those prongs :lickout: (the amethyst aint bad, either!) Do you happen to know if this setting is on their website?

cellentani

Ideal_Rock

Thanks Enerchi! You know, Manhattan isn't local to me, but I'm fortunate to live close enough that I can swing a day trip, if necessary. Since I haven't been happy with any of the local benches I've tried, I now save all my projects for those trips - it means I wait a little longer, but it's totally worth it!

Dani - I don't know why I waited so long to pop in there! IDJ is close to 5th Avenue, and it seems like the closer to 5th, the more upscale the shops, but Yekutiel and his family are very low-key. I've dealt with a lot of vendors - some can be very off-putting, but I'm very relaxed with everyone at IDJ.

bright ice - it's amazing what a difference jackets can make - you should get some! :naughty:

fancy diamond - both jackets are removable, and the studs are set in 4-prong open martinis (there's no ring/seat). The outside diameter of the small jackets is 7mm, and the larger ones are 8.25mm across. So, a noticeable difference, but they won't smother my ear or anything.

junebug, I promise to work on an ear shot for you! I have one with the older jackets, but I'm sure you'd like to see a comparison.

sarahbear, what a fabulous idea for your MIL - I know Yekutiel will have something gorgeous for her! And yes, I can now heartily recommend them, lol. I hope you post pics when you get them - I LOVE seeing everyone's jackets and earrings!

brownie22, believe me, it's at least worth trying on jackets before deciding to upgrade your stones. I decided I wasn't a plain stud girl - I like a little embellishment, whether it's jackets or enhancers, and besides, jackets are much more affordable than new studs. If you live close enough to visit in person, give IDJ a call so they can have several sizes available.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock

baby nurse|1330038084|3132780 said:
Oh my God-- this ring is gorgeous! And those prongs :lickout: (the amethyst aint bad, either!) Do you happen to know if this setting is on their website?

Hi baby nurse! I don't think this setting is on their website, but give Yekutiel a call - he might be able to make another. The pave extends 3/4 around the shank so you'd want one in your size anyway.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock

Okay, now the eye candy part - while I was there, I tried on a gorgeous eternity band, and popped a few of my colored stones into settings!

This intense yellow diamond band was incredible!

IMG_0082.JPG

IMG_0084.JPG

IMG_0051b.JPG

IMG_0093a.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock

Last ones =)

IMG_0099.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock

IMG_0101.JPG

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Wait just a minute young lady!! We need ear shots of those gorgeous jackets and hand shots of that stunning ring! If it's not too much trouble, could you do an ear shot with the old jacket versus the new jacket?

plummiecat

Shiny_Rock

The earring jackets are gorgeous! Do you know the color/clarity?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results