shape
carat
color
clarity

First IDJ venture: new jackets & setting, plus eye candy!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: First IDJ venture: new jackets & setting, plus eye candy

GORGEOUS!! That looks like a fun time was had by all - you AND your stones! :lol:

Love your selection of settings - are you having anything set by IDJ?

And ditto the comparison jacket shots - old vs new - please :appl:

Lotus99

Shiny_Rock

Fabulous new stuff! I love it all!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock

Love all your beautiful pieces! It looks like you had a great time. :love:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

What a treat this thread is! Your new jackets are gorgeous, your amethyst ring is so beautiful, and those other settings are amazing. I especially love the one you had your red and orange stones in. I think I remember seeing that red one before... is it a garnet that you got from Gene? And roughly what size is your amethyst?

winternight

Brilliant_Rock

Oh I love the new jackets and setting - especially those prongs. I've been seriously considering a day trip to NYC for some fun shopping. Now I'm even more tempted, but I'm so glad you found jackets that you like. They're so pretty and blingy!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful pieces - thank you so much for sharing - a real treat!!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, do I love those new jackets Cellentani! They are stunning and perfect! Could you post a shot of them without the stud and the side profile. I have been longing for a pair of jackets with bigger stones. I love my studs, but I like a little extra bling too. The settings you found for your stone are lovely too. I wish I had spent more time looking at everything when I was there. As soon as I saw your jackets I asked my DH if he wants to take a trip to NY, and he said yes! Can't wait, those jackets are exactly what I was looking for.

Do they feel heavy or fall forward on your ear lobes?

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock

Oh Cellentani the ear jackets are just gorgeous! So beautiful and they enhance your diamonds rather than overwhelm them! The ring! The ring! Gorgeous so beautiful, congratulations on the new editions to your jewelry family. :appl: :appl:

cellentani

Ideal_Rock

Yes ma'am, yennyfire! I plan on doing some comparison ear shots, hopefully this weekend, when my DH can man the camera! I think it would be fun to show the difference on the ear, and I know it's hard to get true perspective from the macro shots.

plummiecat, for items like jackets, I tend to buy with my eye rather than specs, so I don't know the clarity or color. I'll loupe them tomorrow, but both of my OEC's are I's, so I'm guessing the jackets aren't any lower than that.

Enerchi, I always bring the whole lot of stones for these trips! Sometimes you hope to set a particular stone, but end up finding the perfect setting for another gem, so it's always helpful to bring them all, lol. IDJ set the amethyst for me, but I don't have anything else in the works there. Given that they have a nice selection of halos, I might pick up a set for a pair of gemstones and make dangling enhancers for the OEC studs........lots to think about. :naughty:

Thanks lotus and sparklyOEC, it was a super enjoyable trip!

Thank you, baby nurse! You have a great eye, as the red stone WAS cut by Gene. You might remember the setting too, as it's the same one Aljdewey got for her Lindi garnet, also from Gene. Yekutiel now has 2 sizes of those settings in stock - the larger one can fit an 8.5mm stone, and the smaller size shown in my photos will fit a 7mm. They are truly gorgeous, sumptuous pieces!

winternight, you definitely need to plan a trip - it's way better than any Intergem! BTW, did you ever start a thread on your latest bauble? I told my husband about them, and I want to see photos, lol.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock

Awww, thanks for your wonderful comments, luv2sparkle! I'd be happy to take some shots of the jackets by themselves, and you ask great questions - they don't feel heavy at all, and I don't even notice them once they're in. They also don't tip or droop, but I have fairly large earring backs that I purchased at a findings vendor on a previous trip. Yekutiel tipped me off to another findings guy a couple booths down from ID, and since I liked the large backs so much, I bought 2 more pairs that can now use for all my post earrings. I'll snap a photo of those too. And yay for your DH being enthusiastic about a NY trip - I took mine this past weekend for the first time, and he really enjoyed it!

Hi Treenbeen - lovely to see you! I thought of you the other day as I've really been focusing on earring lately. I also remember all the great props you use, and I always wish I had some mini candlesticks for my photos, lol. BTW, how did your blue topaz earrings turn out? Hunt Country was at the Intergem show last week, and IIRC they did the settings for them, right?

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock

Great new jackets and fabulous amethyst ring!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:
Can you post ear shots and hand shots, please? TIA.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

OOOOOOHHH I love the jackets!!! They look amazing!! :love: :love: :love: Now I am absolutely itching to get my jackets!!!! The scalloped edge looks fantastic. The ring is gorgeous too!!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock

Gorgeous stuff, do you have any side shots of your halo? It is very delicate and I wondered what the side profile looked like.

winternight

Brilliant_Rock

C, I started a thread in this forum on the earrings with lots of photos. I really love them wore them to a party the next night. They are definitely very me! NYC is fun but the diamond district and in general jewelry shopping there tends to be overwhelming which use why it is great to have a list of recommened vendors. I love the idea of dangling stones for your OECs.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
First IDJ venture: new jackets & setting, plus eye candy!

Ooo how fun to play dress up at IDJEWELRY :)

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Celli, I love it ALL! but you already knew that! You have incredible taste. I love what those jackets did for your OECs. It's a heck of a transformation. I haven't been to see Yekutiel since before Christmas and I really need to go back. Luann was going to source some mountings for some of my loose gemmies and I can't wait to see what she comes up with. (I'm trying not to freak my poor hubby out since we just picked out diamond earrings for me for Christmas). But I will go back *very* soon. It's all gorgeous Cell and I think I have a new fave ring mounting in the one that you and Alj share. Beautiful!

Mrs.W 514

Brilliant_Rock

Those jackets are beautiful!!!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

I am absolutely in love with those jackets!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: I was thinking that I would probably upgrade my .62 ctw studs in the future instead of getting jackets but now I am thinking that if I went with jackets like these I would be perfectly happy (at least for a while :wink2: ).

In addition to the ear shots requested, can you also post a pic of the side view? I am curious to see how far the studs sit in comparison to the jackets.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

I love coming here after an exhausting week of work and going ahhhhhhhhh. Gorgeous eye candy--the ultimate "zanax".

cheers--Sharon

cellentani

Ideal_Rock

No ear shots yet, but I was able to grab a few more comparison and quick profile shots for those who asked.

IMG_0389.JPG

IMG_0441a.JPG

IMG_0400a.JPG

IMG_0458.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock

purplesilk, I'll try to get all the ear and hand shots for you this weekend! ;))

DandiAndi, oooh, what jackets are you getting?? Do tell!! Would love to see them.

lknvrb4, I took some profile shots of both halos - hope that helps.

winternight, you have my email - we can chat about NY if you like!

Amys Bling, you're right - it really was loads of fun, and Yekutiel was extremely gracious to let me play with all the settings!

Thanks Mrs. W! :))

gemgirl, it's true - those jackets did wonders for my studs! I'm DYING to see what Luann has up her sleeve for your gemstones, though, and I hope your next trip happens soon!

stargurl, some people prefer a plain diamond stud, but you'd be surprised what jackets can do - I feel like I have a brand new pair of earrings! I think I'm going to be thrilled with these for a long time. I hope you see the profile shots I posted - let me know if you want to see anything else.

canuk-gal, Happy Friday!! Look, one of these days you need to cross the border!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Those jackets are so yummy! I love the bigger melee stones!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

Thank you cellentani! The profile looks great, looks like they sit low on the ears. One question (not sure if you already posted this info) - what are the color/clarity specs of the jackets compared to the studs? They look like a perfect match. My studs are F SI1 but I would hope I could go slightly lower in color with the jackets...

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

Lovely profile shots Cellentini!! Those are really awesome jackets! Did you look at many other vendors before selecting from IDJ or was this just impulse (not like any of us have ever bought on impulse before... :rolleyes: :wink2: )

BGD has a lovely pair on their website but that's the only place I've seen them - on line. Great to know that IDJ also has them!

Can't wait to see them on your ears - can you take photos of BOTH pairs??? (Are we pushing the limit with all these requests??? hahahah!)

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock

cellentani|1330036431|3132756 said:
So as I mentioned earlier, most of my trips to the diamond district are centered around finding settings for colored stones, and wouldn't you know it - IDJ had the most beautiful, delicate halo setting that happened to fit one of my stones. The 2.83ct Uruguay amethyst is 9x9mm and faceted by Gary Braun, and the delicious prongs were done by IDJ - both are exquisite and I couldn't be more pleased! For colored stones,finding a setting is only half the battle - a skilled bench can be even more elusive, and I'm very impressed with IDJ's.

Absolutely spectacular! I can't wait to see this one in person!!!!! I also love your new jackets!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I really like your earring jackets. The scalloped edge are just beautiful. The entire jacket looks slightly curved so that the stud is the high point compared to your old jackets which look flatter.

I too am hoping for ear photos.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

cellentani|1330110851|3133502 said:
purplesilk, I'll try to get all the ear and hand shots for you this weekend! ;))

DandiAndi, oooh, what jackets are you getting?? Do tell!! Would love to see them.

lknvrb4, I took some profile shots of both halos - hope that helps.

winternight, you have my email - we can chat about NY if you like!

Amys Bling, you're right - it really was loads of fun, and Yekutiel was extremely gracious to let me play with all the settings!

Thanks Mrs. W! :))

gemgirl, it's true - those jackets did wonders for my studs! I'm DYING to see what Luann has up her sleeve for your gemstones, though, and I hope your next trip happens soon!

stargurl, some people prefer a plain diamond stud, but you'd be surprised what jackets can do - I feel like I have a brand new pair of earrings! I think I'm going to be thrilled with these for a long time. I hope you see the profile shots I posted - let me know if you want to see anything else.

canuk-gal, Happy Friday!! Look, one of these days you need to cross the border!

I'm getting the Hearts jackets from WF with 2pt melee. But I LOVE how striking the 3 pointers are on yours! YUMMY!!!!!!!!

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock

Hi Treenbeen - lovely to see you! I thought of you the other day as I've really been focusing on earring lately. I also remember all the great props you use, and I always wish I had some mini candlesticks for my photos, lol. BTW, how did your blue topaz earrings turn out? Hunt Country was at the Intergem show last week, and IIRC they did the settings for them, right?

Hi! Good to see you too. I think you had a nice shopping trip! I still use props hehe. I can't help it! The blue topaz earring turned out really well I just did a quick look thru my photos and can only find the wax pics. I had them done in rose gold. Thanks for remembering and asking!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

WOW. I hadn't seen those comparison shots of the halos before. Those really tell the story, don't they. Love the ones where there is one stud in one halo, next to the stud in another.

Celle, can you post pics of the profile and the gallery of the FLIPPING AMAZING setting you bought from IDJ for that Braun Beauty of yours?

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock

Do you have any profile shots of the amethyst ring?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results