shape
carat
color
clarity

First IDJ venture: new jackets & setting, plus eye candy!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: First IDJ venture: new jackets & setting, plus eye candy

OMG...those jackets are hot! And your new ring is gorgeous! AND...I love the colored stones in the setting that is
somewhat scalloped. I think you need to buy that too!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

canuk-gal, Happy Friday!! Look, one of these days you need to cross the border![/quote]

Yes, yes I know! I think I will plan a trip for NYC....I'll beg Gailey and Hmlr to come, and you can bring all your friends!

Or ya'll can come to Europe with me in May or Palm Spring in Aug--we can have a hoot! Everyone is welcome!

BTW if you ever want to part with that purple perfection--NO need to post it here JUST CALL ME FIRST! :love:

cheers--Sharon

mitsui4

Brilliant_Rock

Wow, congrats, they are so blingy with the jackets

cellentani

Ideal_Rock

Well, I was very enthusiastic about ear shots until I spent half a day filling an 8GB card and saw the results. :errrr: I tried to pick the least wretched ones......

A couple more for perspective:

IMG_0491b.JPG

IMG_0483e.JPG

IMG_3722a.JPG

IMG_3714.JPG

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

Perfection!!!! :appl: :love:
I love the new look over the original. Gorgeous!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock

Love love love the jackets! :love: they're amazing!

Just for reference, what size pointers were the original jackets? I think you said the new ones were 3 pointers?

I think jackets have gone to the top of my wish list after seeing these babies! :bigsmile:

Thanks for sharing!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock

stargurl, both of my OEC studs are I-color, and one stone is VS1, the other SI1. In melee, unless the stones are cloudy, I find that cut is more important to me than either color or clarity, but I would guess the 3-pointers to be G color, VS-SI1. In some of the photos you can see a slight difference in color, but in person I can barely tell.

Enerchi, I looked at a few different online vendors, but since I wanted my pre-existing studs to fit with the least amount of airline possible, being able to try the jackets in person was a huge factor, and I have no regrets snapping them up. :bigsmile:

colorluvr, we'll have to gtg soon, especially after you get your latest project back!

addy, I think you're right about the new halo stones being set at a very slight angle, and it really changes the feel of the jacket - less UFO-like, isn't it?

Hi gypsy! The darn ear shots took all my time today, but if it's sunny tomorrow, I'll be happy to snap a few gallery shots of the ammy!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock

hawaiianorangetree|1330210931|3134528 said:
Love love love the jackets! :love: they're amazing!

Just for reference, what size pointers were the original jackets? I think you said the new ones were 3 pointers?

I think jackets have gone to the top of my wish list after seeing these babies! :bigsmile:

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks very much! The old jackets are .17ctw, so roughly half-pointers, and yes the new ones are 3-pointers. I'm really glad you like them, and let me know if you get a pair!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock

Ah cell, you have the most fabulous taste! I love those jackets the most out of any I've seen :love: :love: :love: were they very expensive?

I'm going to NY in a few months and a trip to IDJ is certainly on the books.

Do you perchance have any other vendors in the diamond district you could recommend?

I have rather a lot of stones that need a sparkly home...

Thanks!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Wow, beautiful jackets! They really do transform your studs completely! They look terrific in your ears too! Did IDJ do the martini settings also? The claw prongs on those are lovely!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock

Hi rosetta, wow, that's quite a high compliment about the jackets! I did a bit of looking around both online and at Intergem, and found IDJ's prices to be fairly competitive - frankly, I couldn't find anything at Intergem that matched the quality of IDJ's stones. A trip to the district sounds fantastic (just be aware of their days off) - are you trying to set colored stones or diamonds? A lot of my settings are from either Klim or HH (both are in 66W), and my most favorite stacking band is from Diamonds by Siag. Hope that helps!

alene, IDJ didn't set the OEC's. There are several findings vendors in the district, and I picked those settings on an earlier trip - I liked the openness and lack of ring or 'seat', but they carry the more traditional martinis too. They're small stones, but I was still surprised how inexpensive they were, and you can also buy any size push backs separately. Knowing I'd be wearing them with halos, I bought large ones so there wouldn't be any drooping.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock

For those who asked, I finally got some profile and hand shots of the amethyst ring.

IMG_3799.JPG

IMG_3805.JPG

IMG_3810.JPG

IMG_3759.JPG

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
First IDJ venture: new jackets & setting, plus eye candy!

It truly is lovely :)

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

:love: :love: :love: :love:

GORGEOUS amethyst!!! THat is spectacular Cellentini! Everything about it looks perfect. I'm so jealous!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

I am very impressed with IDJs prong work! Beautiful pieces, as always, Cellentani.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock

Wow, gorgeous halo!

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock

IDJ prongs! :love: Do they come standard like that? Or do you have to request those prongs specifically?

winternight

Brilliant_Rock

Love the new pictures! Yeah ear shots are very hard but I now just use my iphone pointed at myself. I love the new ring too! Wonderful!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock

Thank you so much for your advice cellentani!!

I love the new ring photos but I'm still drooling over those jackets! :love:

cellentani

Ideal_Rock

thbmok|1330429071|3136261 said:
IDJ prongs! :love: Do they come standard like that? Or do you have to request those prongs specifically?

Thanks thbmok, I love the prongs too, and it's really difficult to find someone who can deliver those! I always discuss prongs before sending a piece to the bench, so I don't know if claws are standard - I would imagine IDJ can do whatever prongs you'd like, as long as it's compatible with the setting and stone.

mileysmuse

Rough_Rock

hi bella cella, your 1/4 ct 3pt 9 stone IDJ's are just to die for!!! Like everyone else, I can't thank you enough for your posts (no pun intended!). Could you please talk about how much air space there is from your ear to the back of the jacket setting where the stones are placed (in mm's) & maybe try to give us a side view when they are in your ear?

Also, could you tell me whether the depth makes them a bit wobbly on your ear at all?

I'm also curious whether your splurged and went to a larger center stone since you first posted your pics. If so, were you just as happy with IDJ's 11 stone setting for it and did you feel like it was too jaja for everyday? I'm one for impact too, but i just loved how your 9 stone jacket scalloped as opposed to the 11 stone jacket shown by aljdewey.

I'm also trying to decide whether to go for as large of a center stone that i can afford, then surrounding it with smaller stones in a jacket. I posted on another string here a pic of one setting i saw (below), but can't quite get a fix on the size of the small stones and the type of inpact from the picture. According to the company, the 2 jackets have around 90 stones & 1/3tcw….which by my defective math is around 1mm stones….Delicate is good, but, i was wondering how many millimeters your first setting was per stone to get a fix on size. The overall diameter using a 1/2 ct center stone was 12mm. I know your IDK setting was 8.5mm with a 1/4 ct center stone, but i'm waiting feedback from the other gals on how big the diameter of their 1/2 carat stones were.

Either way, i did like the dimensionality of this setting below, because i tried on the hearts on fire setting (last pic below) which was sort of similar but was totally unaffordable (besides not being a versatile jacket). Since you are a jacket guru, can you tell me what your thoughts are on this modified swirl setting (the first 2 pics) AND tell me honestly whether you think the small little stones will look like dust on the ear?

diamond-earring-jacket_154097_0.jpg

diamond-earring-jacket_154097_3.jpg

_262.png

Andelain

Ideal_Rock

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock

mileysmuse|1389496172|3591209 said:
hi bella cella, your 1/4 ct 3pt 9 stone IDJ's are just to die for!!! Like everyone else, I can't thank you enough for your posts (no pun intended!). Could you please talk about how much air space there is from your ear to the back of the jacket setting where the stones are placed (in mm's) & maybe try to give us a side view when they are in your ear?

Also, could you tell me whether the depth makes them a bit wobbly on your ear at all?

I'm also curious whether your splurged and went to a larger center stone since you first posted your pics. If so, were you just as happy with IDJ's 11 stone setting for it and did you feel like it was too jaja for everyday? I'm one for impact too, but i just loved how your 9 stone jacket scalloped as opposed to the 11 stone jacket shown by aljdewey.

I'm also trying to decide whether to go for as large of a center stone that i can afford, then surrounding it with smaller stones in a jacket. I posted on another string here a pic of one setting i saw (below), but can't quite get a fix on the size of the small stones and the type of inpact from the picture. According to the company, the 2 jackets have around 90 stones & 1/3tcw….which by my defective math is around 1mm stones….Delicate is good, but, i was wondering how many millimeters your first setting was per stone to get a fix on size. The overall diameter using a 1/2 ct center stone was 12mm. I know your IDK setting was 8.5mm with a 1/4 ct center stone, but i'm waiting feedback from the other gals on how big the diameter of their 1/2 carat stones were.

Either way, i did like the dimensionality of this setting below, because i tried on the hearts on fire setting (last pic below) which was sort of similar but was totally unaffordable (besides not being a versatile jacket). Since you are a jacket guru, can you tell me what your thoughts are on this modified swirl setting (the first 2 pics) AND tell me honestly whether you think the small little stones will look like dust on the ear?

It's general practice to start a new thread in Rocky Talk rather than asking product questions in threads that are somewhat old. You could title it something like- Questions for IDJ Jacket owners. I'm sure you'll get plenty of help with your questions :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results