shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW First glimpse of custom setting

Nicolette

Rough_Rock
Beautiful. I really like the beading underneath, this might be another spinning solution for those of us with larger knuckles.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How gorgeous! :love: :love: :love: :love: I love ALL the details and the opals are stunning in the rg, yummy!!!
Can't wait to see hand shots!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, just beautiful. I did a double take on the opals, nice going, I love a surprise detail like that, don't see them enough, IMHO. It works well with the whole design and stone. :love: :appl: :love:

Congratulations, love to see outside pics too, if you have any!!!

Ittybittykittykat

Shiny_Rock
SK did a great job! Adding the opals to match your GF's grandmothers ring is a very sweet idea! Please post handshots!

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
Sphene|1458637431|4009261 said:
I would have thought the bead work underneath going to be very uncomfortable

Just had an opportunity to wear a ring with similar internal beading felt amazingly comfortable - the more I view your ring the more I :love: :love: :love: it

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Very unique and intricate huge congrats!

I do not think the opals will pose a huge problem, they are small but of course she should not have the ring on when doing heavy cleaning with bleach, etc. This only poses a slight risk of losing the ring but unless she has a job where she works with hazardous fluids, she would only have to take it off at time when using extreme heat and/or cleaning solutions and she can find a place for that. I do have to say that it personally drives me crazy when I remove my ring because I often have no clue where I left it, so maybe find a place for it at home.

As to cleaning, I clean opals in an ultrasonic but I just use the general, home ultrasonic, a cold-water version and anyhow only use JAR detergent mixed with water in it, which does not hurt the opals. Opals like water, they hate dryness and heat. Yes they can be very fragile like pearls but less so than many people think. I would be concerned if the main stone was an opal but not about these tiny stones.

If she does not want to take extra precautions like many of us gem nuts do, then yes they can be replaced later. Like I said they are well protected in the setting and smaller, so be happy and hope your significant other will absolutely love it. Congratulations!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring! :appl:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
gorgeous ring! So happy for you! Also love the sentimental meaning behind the opal. Nice work :appl: :appl:

Medphysdave

Rough_Rock
I'm still amazed with this ring every time I look at it.

img_20160430_165823_01.jpg

img_20160430_165810_01.jpg

img_20160430_165755_01.jpg

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
beautiful, so intricate and unique :)

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoa! That ring is seriously beautiful!! I'd be staring at it all day long! Well done :clap:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is stunning!! I love the beading underneath :love:

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!! I love the rose gold and I also adore the beading underneath the shank. Congratulations!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results