shape
carat
color
clarity

First CAD rendering need your expertise here

Bean11

Rough_Rock
Hi Ladies!

I am super new here in fact it took me about a day to figure out how to post but some bees from weddingbee told me you ladies are experts on CAD help and I'm in some serious need. We just got back the 1st CAD and I'm trying to figure out whether the amount of filing down that would have to be done is practical to make it look like the model ring or whether that is even what would be done. I was warned about the bulkiness but i feel like this is over the top. The idea is a 6 prong tulip basket for an oval with claw prongs...Please let me know what you ladies think!

img_12282.jpg

img_12283.jpg

img_12284.jpg

_37795.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I would talk with the jeweler and show him the inspiration ring and ask if the finished ring will have that size petals. That CAD does look like the petals are excessively wide even though they will be polished down some. I think communication is key in making sure they are listening to what you want. Maybe even follow up with an email including the inspiration ring.

Bean11

Rough_Rock
Hi there,

Thanks for your suggestion. The jewler already has the inspro picture that I included above and I have emailed my concerns and I am assured that the end result will be airy and delicate as requested. The CAD just typically look industrial and bulky in nature. Is this true?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been told that CADs often have about 10% extra bulk to allow for the finishing of the ring. It sounds like you have communicated your wishes to your jeweler. Hopefully it will turn out exactly as you have asked. But if it doesn't, I would hold them to what you ordered and expect a remake. Best of luck and please return with pictures!

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think the inspiration ring with the cathedral is much more cohesive. What size pointers are in the band? It's hard to tell the scale with the pave bars sticking out. What jeweler are you using?

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
liaerfbv|1468702932|4056152 said:
I think the inspiration ring with the cathedral is much more cohesive. What size pointers are in the band? It's hard to tell the scale with the pave bars sticking out. What jeweler are you using?
+1.

It looks like the basket just sits on the shank in the CAD

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did you tell them you didn't want he cathedral shank? I don't like the way the head is connected to the shank. Th basket should be integrated more.

Bean11

Rough_Rock
Hi Gypsy! We are using a local jeweler and the diamonds on the band are 4 points each.I specifically wanted the diamonds to be kind of bubbled on the band and did not want them going up to the center stone like in a cathedral. Wanted to ensure the greatest light entry since we are adding two petals from the original design for security and I like the roundness that the 6 prongs offer.

Other than the cathedral part, do you think they are on the right page with the gallery?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results