shape
carat
color
clarity

Finding a Paraiba or Copper bearing Tourmaline

voce

Ideal_Rock
@voce what did you do with yours?

I’m going to have a halo using a mixture of these and diamond melee.
I am saving them up for a unique colored stone double halo camellia flower design for my oval paraiba. Each halo will have three different colors. I'd like to set these in a year or two.

Last edited:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve come across this artisan on IG and I love his work! I’m going to get a quote from him on one of these designs for my faceted 2.78 ct Paraiba.

https://www.instagram.com/david_giulietti

44A8B7F8-1250-4FD0-9B5A-FC3E957B047A.jpeg 3B3804F5-7686-47EF-9C2F-6C0A12E47C34.jpeg

I actually love both of these and either would work well with my oval Paraíba. I spoke with David yesterday regarding quotes from him, he’s quite expensive though and his project timeline is long (like 2 months per setting). More expensive than VC so I’m hesitant to use him.

voce

Ideal_Rock
It's fabulous! :mrgreen2:

voce

Ideal_Rock
There's no other profile photos of this :((
That picture is going into my inspirations folder. It definitely has enough details for jewelers to CAD. Who are you planning to work with?

Last edited:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That picture is going into my inspirations folder. It definitely has enough details for jewelers to CAD. Who are you planning to work with?

I haven't decided yet.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve found this design which could work great, inner halo with Paraíba melee and diamonds on the lower halo and the shank or vice versa.

Thoughts?

4766DBCD-6FC6-4140-9D86-8619188C2372.jpeg
What a stunning design!!!! And I feel both options would work. Because of the size of the Paraiba melee it’s probably best to stick to the original design? Perhaps your to be selected jeweller can show you both options in a CAD.
With this design I love the EW orientation

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning design!!!! And I feel both options would work. Because of the size of the Paraiba melee it’s probably best to stick to the original design? Perhaps your to be selected jeweller can show you both options in a CAD.
With this design I love the EW orientation

Yes, sometimes the original design is definitely best. I'm really liking this, not overly complex but a bit different/unusual choice. I believe I will ask for CADs with both options.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually love both of these and either would work well with my oval Paraíba. I spoke with David yesterday regarding quotes from him, he’s quite expensive though and his project timeline is long (like 2 months per setting). More expensive than VC so I’m hesitant to use him.

DK is more expensive than VC? :eek2: Am I reading that right?

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve found this design which could work great, inner halo with Paraíba melee and diamonds on the lower halo and the shank or vice versa.

Thoughts?

4766DBCD-6FC6-4140-9D86-8619188C2372.jpeg

Love, Love, Love this idea!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DK is more expensive than VC? :eek2: Am I reading that right?

Acinom is correct, it’s David Giuletti.

I haven’t committed to anyone as my project is on hold while currently on vacation.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
3710B9D5-1F57-48BD-9837-D27574FAF3C1.jpeg

I’d like opinions on this ring.

The Paraiba cabochon is a GIA certified 6+ ct, I’m assured is of nice quality. It is fairly priced compared to loose gems that I’ve located in my search. I’m not fond of the setting but I could repurpose the 1.6 cts of D-F melee.

932EAC2A-8C10-4BE1-BB5B-B1993FD65B34.jpeg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like a lovely indicolite, but not a Paraiba. Still, I love the color.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You’re all right with green?
Comes with paperwork it’s not oiled or resin filled?

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It appears a good green-blue in the video.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks mostly green (primary green with secondary blue) with very little glow. I would have mistaken it for an indicolite if you didn’t tell me it’s Paraiba.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks mostly green (primary green with secondary blue) with very little glow. I would have mistaken it for an indicolite if you didn’t tell me it’s Paraiba.

Thank you @chrono, I appreciate your opinion!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@bright ice It’s not glowy. Personally I wouldn’t go for it as it doesn’t have that paraiba glow. I have seen certified paraibas that don’t glow irl before so would pass on this one. The gorgeous Leon Mege cab ring owned by a PS-er is a great example of a glowy paraiba cab. I think it’s not @bright ice worthy standard.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s a beautiful cab, but it does not remind me of a Paraiba as it seems to lack the glow.

What’s the status on your loose stones? Have you decided to return them?

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s a beautiful cab, but it does not remind me of a Paraiba as it seems to lack the glow.

What’s the status on your loose stones? Have you decided to return them?

Thank you @Acinom, that’s why I posted the photos and video. I don’t want to go through the process of viewing and returning. It’s truly a big hassle.

I’m keeping the faceted 2.8 oval, still looking for a cabochon. Jochen has one I think is a great candidate but I’m honestly not wanting to spend $$$$.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I like the setting. The cab is nice but if it’s paraiba price it is too expensive.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you decided on the setting for your faceted oval? Perhaps start with that one and take more time to find the cab?

Nice Paraiba’s do come with a equally spectacular price tag, don’t they? In the end it will be worth it but it really hurts initially.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results