carat
color
clarity

Finding a Paraiba or Copper bearing Tourmaline

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello gem lovers!
I've decided that I would like to start searching for a Paraiba or copper bearing tourmaline. I have absolutely no idea of where to even begin my search.
Honestly, I don't know what size, shape or color because there are so many variables that will affect the price. I won't even put a budget, that would all depend on what's out there although I will say it mustn't be astronomical!

Anyone willing to see what's available and post it here? I would very much appreciate the help!

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yvonne Raley of Cecile Raley Designs on Etsy would be a good starting point. She always has some nice faceted and cabochon Paraibas as well as Paraiba melee. Here is a ring she made for me with a Paraiba marquis, Paraiba melee, and hauynite melee.
il_570xN.1039518971_gtee.jpg

Anne111

Shiny_Rock
I can't say about the sugarloaf without its treatment situation, but I have read somewhere here on this forum (can't find now) that 'copper bearing' alone is no guarantee for a great gem, and that on the other hand, some tourmaline which do not have enough copper to be called paraiba-like can be just as attractive. I woudn't get too fixated on copper or not but look more for what you like or what attracts you personally.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These two rings are available via Leon Mege:
E020AC4E-0167-4126-888D-0AA3E3D15624.jpeg 127C3C11-9E00-433A-99F2-13AAFF1AE1A4.jpeg

You could try to contact Adam from Paraiba International. Perhaps he has more than currently shown on his website as he regularly receives new stones.

Yvonne Raley seems to have quite some Paraiba in stock. Perhaps she can source stones for you. She also has Paraiba melee.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What do you guys think of this sugarloaf cobachon?

3A05D2A1-7F71-4840-B09F-BAF00A2767B9.jpeg

Have you received more pics and a video? It looks gorgeous on this single pic, but I would not decide based on one photo.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you received more pics and a video? It looks gorgeous on this single pic, but I would not decide based on one photo.

There are other photos available, I’ll ask for a video as well. The seller advertises it as Brazilian Paraiba with oil and will have it sent to AGL or GIA at my request.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Make sure you OK with oil. I would NOT be OK with oil and in fact, would expect a huge price reduction for it. Care for an oiled stone is also different, so be sure you're going to be up for that too. The fact he discloses oil is good, it gives you opportunity to decide if you want it. But that also tells me that if it ever loses its oil, it could be one ugly stone.

I second the suggestion of Paraiba International or a source that routinely has heat only stones in inventory.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Make sure you OK with oil. I would NOT be OK with oil and in fact, would expect a huge price reduction for it. Care for an oiled stone is also different, so be sure you're going to be up for that too. The fact he discloses oil is good, it gives you opportunity to decide if you want it. But that also tells me that if it ever loses its oil, it could be one ugly stone.

I second the suggestion of Paraiba International or a source that routinely has heat only stones in inventory.

Thanks @Arcadian, I’m in a learning phase!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The cab does not look glowy in the video... Ask Adam to make some pics for you on his hand if you are considering it

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The cab does not look glowy in the video... Ask Adam to make some pics for you on his hand if you are considering it

I'll do that, thanks! @Acinom do you know if PI offers trade discounts?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It will look bicolored. The material is very much so bi colored but they've probably done the best they could to blend the colors together. At normal viewing, it might actually be ok, but ifyou're looking for a true melding of colors, pass on this one.

Thanks @Arcadian for the opinion!

voce

Ideal_Rock
This one is super pretty, and the tilt window is small. I like it!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous colour!
Not very glowy based on these pics, yet cpuld be different in real life.
Very clear
I like it

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
amazing color!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve gotten a video via IG messaging but I can’t save it to post o_O

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve gotten a video via IG messaging but I can’t save it to post o_O
you can upload it to youtube under "unlisted" and then share the link here.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
you can upload it to youtube under "unlisted" and then share the link here.

I don’t know, there’s no options in IG do do anything with it.
I’ll see if he’ll either email or text it to me so I can upload to YouTube.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results