shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally Updated Wedding Set

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AG, your set looks wonderful together!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone - you all are such sweeties, and its so nice to be able to share with people who really appreciate my excitement
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

posh - I think the look of the rings together is one of the things I love the most. Even though I didn't get it as a "set" I love that it looks like one (to me at least) when I wear it together.

Thank you Linda - I LOVE that pad in your avatar
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Thanks snlee - I only wish my fingers were as slender as yours!

gothgrrl you're so sweet - I love the finger coverage too. Its funny because when I first got the 3-stone I was actually a tiny bit disappointed with the finger coverage but my finger was larger. Its amazing to me how much of a difference it made having it sized down 1.5 sizes - I'm much happier with the finger coverage now
9.gif
Guess that means I better not gain the weight back!
23.gif
20.gif
3.gif

ETA: thanks dee - I think we were posting at the same time. Of course, we can all only aspire to your umm...more sizeable bling, but my little set is chugging along, and it hopes to be able to keep up with your honker someday in the future (DH willing)
2.gif
31.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/13/2007 5:56:36 PM
Author: AmberGretchen

ETA: thanks dee - I think we were posting at the same time. Of course, we can all only aspire to your umm...more sizeable bling, but my little set is chugging along, and it hopes to be able to keep up with your honker someday in the future (DH willing)
2.gif
31.gif

LOL AG, your set is BEAUTIFUL. Nothing "little" about it!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
AG,
I don''t know how I missed your thread... I love your set, it''s gorgeous!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW I love the set and the earrings. ANd I can''t think of a person that deserves all that STUNNING bling more than you Amber! Wear them in good health and ENJOY them (and brong them to the next GTG so we can all ogle them please...lol).

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2007 11:23:47 AM
Aww...thank you so much everyone for your kind words
1.gif
12.gif

Diamond Dana, Tacori, Marcy, MrsS, Diamondrnglover - you guys are so very sweet. I really am so happy with everything right now - it took a while to get to this point, but I really do love it and I think everything is a nice size for me at this point in my life (25 years old, 4th year of a PhD program) although of course there is always the upgrade game to play a little later in life
31.gif
11.gif
27.gif

TanDog - did I miss something? Your avatar looks exactly the same as gailrmv?? Anyway, to answer your question, it was kind of a long saga that got me to this particular set, but I''ll try to summarize it briefly. I first got engaged in March of ''05 with a Signed Pieces setting. That was a 4-prong head. That head broke and the diamond fell out (fortunately at home), so I sent it back to be repaired and asked for a 6-prong head for greater security. I had some prong-bending issues with the 6-prong as well, and then that ring just snapped where the new head had been put in, which really put it beyond reasonable repair, and I decided it was time to start fresh. So I contacted Whiteflash and they made me this lovely three-stone that you see in the pictures in December of ''06. In the meantime, we were married in July ''06 and I had added the matching Signed Pieces w-band to my set, as a half-eternity. I''ve had only one minor issues with the WF setting since I got it - the center stone came loose and started to spin after a couple of months. In January 2007, I started losing weight. I lost approximately 45 lbs (give or take), and my ring size went from a 6.5/6.75 to a 5.25. Unfortunately, my wedding band couldn''t be sized that far down without ruining it, so I decided to keep my original wedding band intact for sentimental reasons and get this WF replacement w-band and have them size down my e-ring at the same time.

Whew, OK, I guess that wasn''t all that short, but hopefully it answers the question. Oh, and the dish in the last two photos is a soy sauce dish that I use to hold my rings while I''m cooking.

Thanks DKS - I''m working on taking more pics, although today is a day to work on the new apartment (still need to go get some small furniture and decorative pieces and stuff), so it might not be until Monday or so.
Hi AmberGretchen - I am one and the same person, just changed my name! Kind of a long story, but its still me! I remember following your inspiring weight loss on the WWT. What a great reason to need a new ring. Can you wear your orig band on your middle finger as a RHR? Thanks for sharing the story of your rings. I love the new set!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I love your collection! Your updated set is gorgeous!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
hehe...thanks Dee. In daily life, the set certainly doesn''t "feel" little (in fact, since I''m still in school I''ve gotten some uncomfortable comments on how "big" it is), its only when I come here to PS that I start to fantasize about my someday-upgrade up to a three-stone with a 2.5ish center...not that I''ve got it planned already or anything
3.gif
27.gif

Awww...thanks Lisa - your set is pretty much my dream final upgrade (and I wouldn''t mind having some of those other lovely goodies...I was drooling over your Leon oval ring just the other day
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
). Plus I think we wear similar ring sizes (I seem to recall you being somewhere around a 5.5? Forgive me if I''ve gotten that wrong...) so it really gives me a sense of how things would look whenever I see one of your lovely pieces.
36.gif

Thanks Layla - these babies are all coming to the next GTG, though I don''t think I''ll be able to pry the OEC away from my mom (possibly ever again
23.gif
3.gif
). We should work on trying to schedule that, now that things are on the mend with your mom and hopefully calming down a little bit. Maybe before the rain gets too bad for the year??

Hey gail/tandogmom (have we seen pics?? I LOVE me some tan doggies
30.gif
30.gif
) I''m glad you remembered - I''ve not been so good about posting over there since the move, but I''m hoping to get back into it. I do still read it for inspiration and I''m still trying to keep things up. Struggling with losing "those last 10 lbs" and going back and forth about whether I "need" to or if I''m really OK where I am, etc...Anyway, yes, I can wear my original w-band sometimes on other fingers, although my right hand is much bigger than my left - I can''t even get my new set on my ring finger on that hand!
23.gif

Thanks anchor
9.gif
How is wedding planning coming? I love your date - I can''t wait to see it all come together for you, I''m sure it will be beautiful
1.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, your set is just gorgeous and looks perfect together! Oh yeah, I love the earrings, too, LOL.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I came back to look at your set again, it is just so pretty! I love a diamond band with a three stone (I have a three stone that I wear with a small pave band). I am so happy that you are happy with it, enjoy!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amber... Asscher just mentioned another GTG in my thread, a south bay one... would that work for you? I could pick you up at a bart station and drive us both in or just come to the city and pick you up. Definitely before the rain gets too bad. Early November -- like the 3 or 4th? What do you think?

ETA; Gonna miss your mom's ring, but I understand her aversion to parting with it. lol.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Love it AG
tons of beautiful bling

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Michelle - you're so sweet
9.gif
Yeah, I actually adore the earrings - I keep meaning to give them their own thread because they really are so beautiful - simple but perfect. I just keep forgetting, plus, to take that many pictures of them I would have to take them off for that long and I normally leave them in all the time except showering, gym, and sleeping...

Dana - that's so nice that you came back to look again
36.gif
36.gif
I feel very honored
12.gif
I totally agree re: a three-stone with a diamond band. I LOVE so many of the ornate and beautiful settings on here, but something about the simplicity of a solitaire or a three-stone with a nice diamond band always gets me. Since solitaires for some reason don't look good on my hand, three-stone it is for me
9.gif

Layla - I think something in there should work for me. We're having our housewarming party sometime around then but haven't set a definite date yet so could be flexible. We should start a separate thread over in hangout or something, see what dates work best for everyone. Carpooling is definitely a good idea though - we can figure that out once the date and the details are more firm
1.gif

ETA: Nan, I think we were posting at the same time. Thank you for your lovely words, I'm so glad to be able to share my bling with the wonderful PSers
9.gif
36.gif

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
AG, totally timeless! Elegant and wonderful. Enjoy, and wear it in good health always!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
AG: I love the new wedding band and how it looks with the engagement ring....so classic!! And I don''t think I ever saw your WF three-stone engagement ring. I guess I missed that for whatever reason so thanks for sharing it. And wow 45 lbs.???? I need to take notes from you, that is wonderful...congratulations! Like someone else said, losing weight (for the right reasons) is an excellent reason to get a new shiny!!
2.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Ding, ding, ding! *JUST SAW THIS!!!*
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Yeah, baby, YEEEEAAAAH!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Oh AG, gorgeous, gorgeous rings! Thanks for all the photos! LOVE the rings together! They make SUCH a wonderful "set"... so sparkly and just so... perfect! And completely SWOONABLE, I might add!

No upgrade needed there, may I so dare even say such a thing?!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
But IIIIIF you do decide to *consider* it someday, never fear -- I'll be here for ya' !!!

xoxoxo!

Lynn

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Thanks surfgirl - that means a lot coming from the owner of one of the most gorgeous, amazing, unique, FABULOUS rings on PS (can you tell I''m a fan?!?!!)
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

onedrop - I got my three-stone (had the center stone already, WF added the ACA sides) around the holidays last year, so I think a lot of people probably missed it, since its such a busy time of year. Yeah, the 45 lbs was most weight I gained after a nasty car accident in college messed up my knee and I had a lot of trouble exercising, then I started grad school, got married, etc...but I''ve pretty much just followed the advice of the WWTers - tracking calories on Sparkpeople, trying to eat the right stuff for the calories, and exercising. I''d really like to lose about 10 more lbs, but it doesn''t seem to be happening, and I''m doing all the right things, so I''m trying to be zen about it - it will happen if my body wants it to, and if its not meant to be then I should just learn to live with where I am now, right?
3.gif

Awww...Lynn, you always know just how to make a girl feel so good about her sparklies (or her kitty, or her new apartment...hey, maybe I should just tell my DH I need to hire you as my personal cheerleader hehe
2.gif
3.gif
31.gif
). Seriously though, you''re really very sweet to say such nice things about my set. I do think an upgrade will be in the cards *someday* because I''ve tried on a three-stone with a 2.5-ish center stone, and it looks just PERFECT on my hand (if I do say so myself)
30.gif
30.gif
, but as I said, we have lots of time for me to figure it out. But fear not, I will surely be here on PS looking for help when the time comes and I will hold you to that pledge to be there for me during the upgrade process
2.gif

Evelynn

Shiny_Rock
Eeek! I can''t believe I missed this!!

AmberGretchen, it is stunning! Very classic choice with the three-stone and the eternity! I adore your earrings, I would love to have a pair of martinis!

And I believe there was a mention of some weight loss....

CONGRATS on that also!! Keep on keepin'' on!
36.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Thanks evelynn - I''m in awe of your lovely collection, especially that GORGEOUS three-stone asscher
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Yes, there was weight loss, about 43-45 lbs (depending on how generous the scale is feeling that day). Trying hard for that last 10 lbs but no luck so far
3.gif

Evelynn

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/15/2007 11:40:49 AM
Thanks evelynn - I''m in awe of your lovely collection, especially that GORGEOUS three-stone asscher
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Yes, there was weight loss, about 43-45 lbs (depending on how generous the scale is feeling that day). Trying hard for that last 10 lbs but no luck so far
3.gif
Thanks AmberGretchen!

Awesome, hard work pays off!!

Judging by your avatar (which I am assuming is you and your lovely guy!) you are gorgeous!! 10 pounds-shmounds!

1.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Thanks evelynn - that picture is one of our engagement pics. I was about 10 lbs heavier in that shot than I am now, but its a very flattering photo LOL
3.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just GORGEOUS AG!!!
36.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Thanks FG
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Have you seen the new pics in the Ragdoll thread - TOO CUTE
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your rings are just beautiful!
30.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Awww...thanks DS. Your avatar makes me drool a little every time I see it
30.gif
30.gif

I keep meaning to take more pictures but then not getting home while there is still enough light - every time I come back to check this thread and see the pics I am reminded that I didn't really manage to capture the beauty of the set at all
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results