shape
carat
color
clarity

FINALLY - Set my morganite!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
3.gif
18.gif
That ring is really lovely!

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/11/2009 4:08:50 PM
Author:cellentani
I''m sure everyone''s tired of my morganite by now, but I finally got it set. My jeweler''s benchman is his brother, and he was able to set it while I waited - $35 later, I''m very, very happy!!
ETA: for anyone who remembers, one of the corner diamonds was dark, but after my jeweler cleaned it, it looks fine - dark spot''s gone!! Yippee!
No way!!!

That''s a beautiful piece. I love it!

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
Wow, your morganite ring is sooo pretty! (& I''m jealous
3.gif
) Love the setting; it looks lovely on your hand huh.
21.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone for the really nice things you''ve said. This is fast becoming my favorite ring, and I wasn''t even sure I''d like rose gold. I was in an elevator today, and the sparkle was blinding!! And when DH saw it tonight, he very much liked my anniversary present from him.
9.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous and just look at those arrows
30.gif
30.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2009 4:14:26 PM
Author: cellentani
Almost a full hand shot.
WOO HOO....LOOK AT THAT BEAUTY ON YOUR PRETTY HAND!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Lori

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous. I am so glad you kept that morganite. It is so beautifully cut and that setting suits it perfectly!

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring, cellentani! It looks lovely on your hand too!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Lovely, the rose gold setting made the stone a lot pinker!
30.gif

Reenie

Rough_Rock
That is just lovely. So pretty. The diamonds really accent the stone beautifully. Enjoy wearing it!!!

xx

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2009 9:56:31 PM
Author: Linda W
Your ring is gorgeous and just look at those arrows
30.gif
30.gif
Thank you, Linda - When I asked for a cushion morganite to be cut, I had no idea those arrows would be there. It was a terrific surprise!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2009 11:24:29 PM
Author: loriken214

WOO HOO....LOOK AT THAT BEAUTY ON YOUR PRETTY HAND!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Lori
Thanks very much, Lori. My collection of pink is growing - you should be proud!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see some pink in the morganite now. The picture shows a lot of scintillation contrast. Is this as obvious in person?

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
So pretty!!!!!!!!!!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
WOW...that is beautiful. The cut is so amazing!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2009 7:56:26 AM
Author: Chrono
I see some pink in the morganite now. The picture shows a lot of scintillation contrast. Is this as obvious in person?
Oh Chrono, your estimation of my gemstone knowledge is too high - can you explain this term to me? Are you referring to the pics of the arrows, and if I see that in person?

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2009 12:33:21 AM
Author: CharmyPoo
It''s gorgeous. I am so glad you kept that morganite. It is so beautifully cut and that setting suits it perfectly!
Thanks Charmy! I''m glad I kept the morganite too - it turned out better than I thought it would. Did you ever get your LOGR bezel setting done?

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow - what a gorgeous ring! It turned out beautifully!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s beautiful and I love it in the rose gold!!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning stunning ring. I love the rose gold and how the stone and ring complement each other.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Delightful piece!

cheers--Sharon

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2009 9:00:48 AM
Author: princessplease
So pretty!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you princessplease! I''m loving it today too.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2009 9:08:20 AM
Author: mochi
WOW...that is beautiful. The cut is so amazing!
mochi, my kids were eating strawberry ice cream mochi just the other day and I thought of you - Trader Joes carries it now. Thanks for your sweet comments about my ring.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
geckodani - thanks for your enthusiasm about my ring!

Catmom - your comments are very nice, thank you! Although mine could never compare to yours...

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Your stone is cut so beautifully! Due to the scin, on a head on shot, it pushes the pink to the periphery of the stone leaving a peachy white color in the middle with an absense of pink. You can see it(pink color) much better when the stone is angled. I just love the cut on your stone..WOW. Morganites are one of those stones I have issues with sometimes. For the price I don''t think you get enough color bang for your buck. For the lack of saturation on your stone the cut makes up for it 10 times over. A very very pretty stone!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2009 4:13:45 PM
Author: amethystguy
Your stone is cut so beautifully! Due to the scin, on a head on shot, it pushes the pink to the periphery of the stone leaving a peachy white color in the middle with an absense of pink. You can see it(pink color) much better when the stone is angled. I just love the cut on your stone..WOW. Morganites are one of those stones I have issues with sometimes. For the price I don''t think you get enough color bang for your buck. For the lack of saturation on your stone the cut makes up for it 10 times over. A very very pretty stone!
Wow, amethystguy - I''ve been reading your posts, and this is high praise indeed coming from you. I''m very flattered that you think my stone is nice; I was initially disappointed in the color (or lack of), and kept it for the cut alone. I''m gratified that you approve!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/12/2009 9:09:46 AM

Oh Chrono, your estimation of my gemstone knowledge is too high - can you explain this term to me? Are you referring to the pics of the arrows, and if I see that in person?
Yes, I meant the contrast of the dark arrows and the light pink parts of the morganite.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2009 9:57:59 PM

Date: 6/12/2009 9:09:46 AM

Yes, I meant the contrast of the dark arrows and the light pink parts of the morganite.
I actually can see some arrows without the camera, but I have to hold the stone pretty close to my face - almost to the point where my eyes cross (very attractive!). Even then, the arrows aren''t nearly as defined as in the pic - I can''t see all the arrows at one time, and I can only see half of the arrowhead.

Oh wait, I take that back. My hand was resting on my laptop, and I could see 8 rays - but not as pronounced, of course, as a macro shot.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a better pic of what I see if I glance down at my ring.

casual morganite1a.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
One more. I get this kind of flash a lot.

casual morganite2.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results