carat
color
clarity

FINALLY Pix of Setting with BIG Stone Cut by Jerry

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Chrono said:
iLander,
I think Jerry cut TL's Afghan mint tourmaline rough into a gorgeous square cushion. I do not recall him salvaging or repairing an emerald.

Oh! I think you're right. I think I suggested him for some kind of stone repair, maybe that's what I was thinking of. . .

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono said:
iLander,
I think Jerry cut TL's Afghan mint tourmaline rough into a gorgeous square cushion. I do not recall him salvaging or repairing an emerald.

He did cut my Afghan rough, and I asked him about emeralds, and he said he's recut many emeralds.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander said:
virgoruby said:
Beautifully cut stone! It looks fab in the setting. :appl:

Jerry at Gemart (I keep forgetting the name is one word, not two) does some beautiful work, I think he only has a small percentage of his stuff on the site, so if you're looking for something, it's good to ask. TL had a damaged emerald and Jerry recut it for her. If I remember right, she was happy with it.

I didn't send it to Jerry yet, but I may at some point.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your emeralds? I mean... what's wrong with them? Too small is the only drawback I can see :lol: :lol: :lol:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
crasru said:
Your emeralds? I mean... what's wrong with them? Too small is the only drawback I can see :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have four emeralds, two are smaller, around 1 to 1.2 carats, and a bit lighter in tone and not as saturated, but still nice Colombian material. One is much finer and not set, and I have another which I made the big mistake of having set by a jeweler that didn't know what they were doing. They chipped the stone on the pavillion, so I was thinking of having it repolished/recut. It's a nice Muzo, and if I did that, I might also eliminate some of the old resin on the surface. This was many years ago, before I knew the importance of having a good jeweler.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I think this is why I have emeralds on the brain when thinking of Jerry. He offered me this fabulous stone, but at 5 x 5, it was too small for me. Then I changed my mind, but it was already sold to one of his jewelers.

I never even knew and emerald could be cut this beautifully! :love:

I think he mentioned something about having worked for an emerald mine owner (?) and doing a lot of work for them (?). Can't quite remember . . .

Emerald 5mm 006.jpg

Emerald 5mm 008.jpg

Emerald 5mm 004.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I love your gemstone, I have emailed Jerry before and he's very patient and gives very detailed replies.

TotalNewbie

Shiny_Rock
iLander -- this is stunning! I have been wanting an orangey-pink morganite RHR for a while, and this is inspiration. I will contact ID Jewelery. May I use you photos when I talk to them. GORGEOUS RING, I hope mine turns out as well!

P.S. Does Gem Art Sciences have a website? I looked but couldn't find one.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone have Jerry's email address since his website is down??? Thanks ilander for the additional photos, he does wonderful work.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
TotalNewbie|1289051247|2756756 said:
iLander -- this is stunning! I have been wanting an orangey-pink morganite RHR for a while, and this is inspiration. I will contact ID Jewelery. May I use you photos when I talk to them. GORGEOUS RING, I hope mine turns out as well!

P.S. Does Gem Art Sciences have a website? I looked but couldn't find one.

Thank you for the kind words! :bigsmile:

Please do use my photos, they are very nice people and have offered to replace the stone I knocked out at no cost.

I wouldn't go to Jerry's site just now, it's been hacked. I emailed him and he said he is definitely working on it, apparently his internet service provider stinks! :rolleyes:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
tourmaline_lover|1289052163|2756767 said:
Does anyone have Jerry's email address since his website is down??? Thanks. He ilander for the additional photos, he does wonderful work.

I agree, TL, plus he's quick to respond and very professional.

Jerry's Email, which works fine: [email protected]. He's on Arizona time.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results