shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Finally - my ultimate "ticks all the boxes" sapphire & diamond 3 stone ring

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love this ring! The colors and proportions are perfect. Congratulations!

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love it! Enjoy that beauty!

Yelena

Shiny_Rock
I am drooling :drool: Such a gorgeous sapphire in a gorgeous ring. Thanks for sharing your pictures and story.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the color!! Congrats!

hypermom

Shiny_Rock
I love everything about your ring! Just gorgeous.

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
Classic design with a beautiful plump blue sapphire. The diamonds compliment the center stone perfectly. Enjoy your treasure and thank you for sharing your new baby blue.

BrownGinger

Shiny_Rock
It’s really a beauty! I live three stones, and blue sapphires with diamonds. Swoon!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: Such a stunning shade of blue and a seriously gorgeous three stone ring! :love:

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love it when I read the text and slowly scroll down for the pictures and say to myself, "Oh my god that's pretty!" You hit it our of the park with this one! Isn't it great to have all of the boxes ticked? Sapphire colors are so personal and there are so many different shades it really hard to find the perfect one. Lucky you!!!:love:

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ohhh Wow! That’s absolutely stunning, I love the colour and cut of the Sapphire you have chosen...and unheated! Fabulous.
It looks so perfect with the two side diamonds and it looks lovely on your hand.
Fabulous Sapphire ring. It’s amazing.
Congratulations and enjoy wearing it.

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OMG. TDF. CONGRATS

What a gorgeous sapphire and perfectly proportioned 3 stone :love:. Love it!

Very pretty, congrats!!!

Gorgeous ring and I love the color of the sapphire!

I love this ring! The colors and proportions are perfect. Congratulations!

I love it! Enjoy that beauty!

I am drooling :drool: Such a gorgeous sapphire in a gorgeous ring. Thanks for sharing your pictures and story.

Sorry not to be able to reply to everyone separately, but thanks so much for all your kind thoughts and compliments about my ring. :)

I love the color!! Congrats!

I love everything about your ring! Just gorgeous.

Classic design with a beautiful plump blue sapphire. The diamonds compliment the center stone perfectly. Enjoy your treasure and thank you for sharing your new baby blue.

It’s really a beauty! I live three stones, and blue sapphires with diamonds. Swoon!

:love: Such a stunning shade of blue and a seriously gorgeous three stone ring! :love:

I love it when I read the text and slowly scroll down for the pictures and say to myself, "Oh my god that's pretty!" You hit it our of the park with this one! Isn't it great to have all of the boxes ticked? Sapphire colors are so personal and there are so many different shades it really hard to find the perfect one. Lucky you!!!:love:

Ohhh Wow! That’s absolutely stunning, I love the colour and cut of the Sapphire you have chosen...and unheated! Fabulous.
It looks so perfect with the two side diamonds and it looks lovely on your hand.
Fabulous Sapphire ring. It’s amazing.
Congratulations and enjoy wearing it.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is amazing! What a stunning colour and design.
Congrats on Jewel of the Week!

Redwoods-hiker-girl

Brilliant_Rock
My goodness, diamondhoarder, that is jaw-dropping, face-slapping gorgeous. Dream ring, indeed!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

shicara

Rough_Rock
I had been looking out for my perfect blue sapphire to make a three stone right hand ring for years. There were so many criteria on my wish list for this sapphire, which is probably why it has taken so long to find "the one". :lol:

It had to be the perfect shade of blue with just a hint of violet, well enough saturated to have a striking colour, but not too intense, and certainly not too dark. But not wishy-washy either. :razz: The colour needed to be just as beautiful in daylight as in incandescent light. It had to have great transparency and be at least eye clean. I wanted some kind of rectangular or cushion shape with a pleasing outline. It needed to have an interesting facet pattern with great symmetry, not too deep nor with too much bulge under the stone so as to maximise the face up size from the material. It needed to have plenty of brilliance and no obvious windowing. And finally, it needed to be very keenly priced, in spite of the fact that sapphire prices have been on the rise in recent years. :pray:

Finally, I found this beauty a few weeks ago:

20190402_133627.jpg

Miraculously it ticked all my boxes. It was uncertified and the dealer felt that it was likely to have been heat treated so he offered me a great price. Maybe because I had been searching for so long, it just seemed too good to be true. :think: I was hesitating, so to seal the deal the dealer offered to have the stone certified for no additional cost. My husband said for goodness sake snap it up, and offered to buy it for my birthday.
So we bought the stone and had the best surprise when the certificate came in identifying it as unheated!!! :appl::appl::appl:

20190913_154626.jpg

I decided to go with beautifully cut round brilliant diamond side stones, and in order to ensure they were top performers I bought certified diamonds from Bluenile so that I could choose diamonds with complimentary table and pavilion angles and all the other important things that we PS'ers obsess about :lol:

20190913_154855.jpg

And finally - here is the finished ring. I love it so much! :love:

20190913_152040 (4).jpg 20190913_152040.jpg
20190912_200031.jpg 20190913_152808.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous !

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing color. Beautiful ring.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
H

Horsegirl76

How on Earth did I miss this? Oh my word, it is GORGEOUS!!!

PearCraze

Rough_Rock
Prettiest sapphire ring I have ever seen !..... that color is insane :kiss2:

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
It's a gorgeous blue sapphire

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
I had been looking out for my perfect blue sapphire to make a three stone right hand ring for years. There were so many criteria on my wish list for this sapphire, which is probably why it has taken so long to find "the one". :lol:

It had to be the perfect shade of blue with just a hint of violet, well enough saturated to have a striking colour, but not too intense, and certainly not too dark. But not wishy-washy either. :razz: The colour needed to be just as beautiful in daylight as in incandescent light. It had to have great transparency and be at least eye clean. I wanted some kind of rectangular or cushion shape with a pleasing outline. It needed to have an interesting facet pattern with great symmetry, not too deep nor with too much bulge under the stone so as to maximise the face up size from the material. It needed to have plenty of brilliance and no obvious windowing. And finally, it needed to be very keenly priced, in spite of the fact that sapphire prices have been on the rise in recent years. :pray:

Finally, I found this beauty a few weeks ago:

20190402_133627.jpg

Miraculously it ticked all my boxes. It was uncertified and the dealer felt that it was likely to have been heat treated so he offered me a great price. Maybe because I had been searching for so long, it just seemed too good to be true. :think: I was hesitating, so to seal the deal the dealer offered to have the stone certified for no additional cost. My husband said for goodness sake snap it up, and offered to buy it for my birthday.
So we bought the stone and had the best surprise when the certificate came in identifying it as unheated!!! :appl::appl::appl:

20190913_154626.jpg

I decided to go with beautifully cut round brilliant diamond side stones, and in order to ensure they were top performers I bought certified diamonds from Bluenile so that I could choose diamonds with complimentary table and pavilion angles and all the other important things that we PS'ers obsess about :lol:

20190913_154855.jpg

And finally - here is the finished ring. I love it so much! :love:

20190913_152040 (4).jpg 20190913_152040.jpg
20190912_200031.jpg 20190913_152808.jpg

Hello
I’m so in love with this.
Would you mind telling me where you found this sapphire ?
I have a 3 stone ering and I’m considering swapping out my side stones for sapphires and this is exactly the color I would hope for but I don’t know how to find out or where to find it? Any information you can share would be super helpful so I can find two that are similar. Thank you in advance!

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello
I’m so in love with this.
Would you mind telling me where you found this sapphire ?
I have a 3 stone ering and I’m considering swapping out my side stones for sapphires and this is exactly the color I would hope for but I don’t know how to find out or where to find it? Any information you can share would be super helpful so I can find two that are similar. Thank you in advance!

Thanks for the compliment. I bought the sapphire from a dealer in Hatton Garden in London. He always had a selection of lovely sapphires, but has closed his shop since the pandemic. My best advice would be to go and look at loose sapphires in person, ask for a violetish blue hue, and make sure you view them in all lighting environments.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results