shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Finally - my ultimate "ticks all the boxes" sapphire & diamond 3 stone ring

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I had been looking out for my perfect blue sapphire to make a three stone right hand ring for years. There were so many criteria on my wish list for this sapphire, which is probably why it has taken so long to find "the one". :lol:

It had to be the perfect shade of blue with just a hint of violet, well enough saturated to have a striking colour, but not too intense, and certainly not too dark. But not wishy-washy either. :razz: The colour needed to be just as beautiful in daylight as in incandescent light. It had to have great transparency and be at least eye clean. I wanted some kind of rectangular or cushion shape with a pleasing outline. It needed to have an interesting facet pattern with great symmetry, not too deep nor with too much bulge under the stone so as to maximise the face up size from the material. It needed to have plenty of brilliance and no obvious windowing. And finally, it needed to be very keenly priced, in spite of the fact that sapphire prices have been on the rise in recent years. :pray:

Finally, I found this beauty a few weeks ago:

20190402_133627.jpg

Miraculously it ticked all my boxes. It was uncertified and the dealer felt that it was likely to have been heat treated so he offered me a great price. Maybe because I had been searching for so long, it just seemed too good to be true. :think: I was hesitating, so to seal the deal the dealer offered to have the stone certified for no additional cost. My husband said for goodness sake snap it up, and offered to buy it for my birthday.
So we bought the stone and had the best surprise when the certificate came in identifying it as unheated!!! :appl::appl::appl:

20190913_154626.jpg

I decided to go with beautifully cut round brilliant diamond side stones, and in order to ensure they were top performers I bought certified diamonds from Bluenile so that I could choose diamonds with complimentary table and pavilion angles and all the other important things that we PS'ers obsess about :lol:

20190913_154855.jpg

And finally - here is the finished ring. I love it so much! :love:

20190913_152040 (4).jpg 20190913_152040.jpg
20190912_200031.jpg 20190913_152808.jpg

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
It's lovely! Congrats on a successful hunt!

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s stunning !!!!

Gorgeous! The long search and sticking to your criteria - well worth it.

Thank you. There's a lot of satisfaction in finally getting exactly what I wanted. It actually means more and makes it more special when you have to hunt something down so extensively :D

Well done! Gorgeous ring! :love:
It's lovely! Congrats on a successful hunt!
Good things come to those who wait! That is a beautiful ring.

Thanks guys :kiss2:

Another couple of pics:

20190913_151750.jpg 20190913_151858.jpg

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beauty:appl:Congratulations!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG what a gorgeous outcome! Congrats!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your sapphire color is so gorgeous! & I love the setting, what a beautiful ring, congratulations!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a STUNNING colour! Absolutely beautiful ring!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had been looking out for my perfect blue sapphire to make a three stone right hand ring for years. There were so many criteria on my wish list for this sapphire, which is probably why it has taken so long to find "the one". :lol:

It had to be the perfect shade of blue with just a hint of violet, well enough saturated to have a striking colour, but not too intense, and certainly not too dark. But not wishy-washy either. :razz: The colour needed to be just as beautiful in daylight as in incandescent light. It had to have great transparency and be at least eye clean. I wanted some kind of rectangular or cushion shape with a pleasing outline. It needed to have an interesting facet pattern with great symmetry, not too deep nor with too much bulge under the stone so as to maximise the face up size from the material. It needed to have plenty of brilliance and no obvious windowing. And finally, it needed to be very keenly priced, in spite of the fact that sapphire prices have been on the rise in recent years. :pray:

20190402_133627.jpg

Miraculously it ticked all my boxes. It was uncertified and the dealer felt that it was likely to have been heat treated so he offered me a great price. Maybe because I had been searching for so long, it just seemed too good to be true. :think: I was hesitating, so to seal the deal the dealer offered to have the stone certified for no additional cost. My husband said for goodness sake snap it up, and offered to buy it for my birthday.
So we bought the stone and had the best surprise when the certificate came in identifying it as unheated!!! :appl::appl::appl:

20190913_154626.jpg

I decided to go with beautifully cut round brilliant diamond side stones, and in order to ensure they were top performers I bought certified diamonds from Bluenile so that I could choose diamonds with complimentary table and pavilion angles and all the other important things that we PS'ers obsess about :lol:

20190913_154855.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is just gorgeous and I am thrilled that you could check the last box with an unheated stone!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
love it!!

mpc

Rough_Rock
Love the color! Especially those shots in the sun!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Knockout!!:love:

cheers--Sharon

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is simply gorgeous! I saw it on picture of the week! That it is unheated is simply icing on the cake!

EmeraldEmpress

Shiny_Rock

20190402_133627.jpg

20190913_154626.jpg

20190913_154855.jpg

Well done! What a fantastic surprise with the cert!!! WOW :appl:
Side stones compliment perfectly, very very pretty!!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love::love::love::love::love:This is heavenly. You are a lucky lady! Love that it ticked all your boxes and especially that hubby was on board! I’m blue with envy....lol.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that is the prettiest color of blue sapphire I've ever seen (it ticks all the right boxes with me)! The diamonds just make it pop!
Well done!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Wow!!! Nicely worked together for that 3 stone!! Well done! Enjoy!!!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! I love the color and the proportions are perfection!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful stone! And so glad you held out for just the right one, you will cherish it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results