shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally - it''s here! My AJSGems 2.37 ct. Spess

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
It''s a lovely soft orange, I can see the window in the second photo but it''s not noticeable in the other photos. Side traps LTP?

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Lovely stone, window wouldn''t bother me at all, cause the spess seems to be lively regardless of it. And a lively stone is what I''m always for, especially in colors that I like. Not that there''s anything wrong with precision cuts, but with certain stones I''d rather settle for a slight window in a lively stone than to pay for a premium on cutting, as some precision cuts strike me as too generic (just my opinion).

As for the settings, how about tapered baguette sides, or asschers, or maybe even cushion sides (heck, even trillions could work nicely)? BTW, what''s the size of the stone?

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t think the window is that terrible. Plus, it''s such a yummy color!

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful stone! And such a vibrant color; you''re going to have fun with this one!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone for your comments! I appreciate your honesty, too! The sun has decided to hide again in Dallas, so a new batch of pics will have to wait until it does.
1.gif

D&T - I was surprised that it looks like the window closed on the back of my hand. IRL, it''s still a bit obvious, but it darkens up because of contact with my skin. I''m glad you like it!

Mochi - thank you, dear friend! I went and checked out Equality, and of COURSE! I had seen it before, but I hadn''t NOTICED it, and I think it''s actually perfect. I''m sure they could swap out step cut traps for the brillant traps. . . . Hmmmmmmm . . . .

LTLFirecracker - thank you! You changed your avatar! I like!

Litebrite - you''re right on with your comments. Finding an asscher/step cut in this colour took me a while, but when Chrono posted it, I swooned and asked AJS to hold it for me. I''m so glad they did! Thank you!

Thank you, Michelle, Packrat, DiamanteBlu, Ckrickett, Szh07, MarriedTiger, Cind11, Lovinggems (reading my mind!), Kribbie, and AustenNut!

Mr. Ma Re - thank you for your input. The spess is 2.37 ct. and 7 mm x 6.5 mm. It''s a good size on the back of my hand, but so deep that I couldn''t get it to stay nicely for a picture.
2.gif

Now, I need to start the quote process for a setting. I''m REALLY wanting to get this one set soon! I''m wondering if I should just send it to Leon and see what he suggests.
23.gif

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm, now I''m really craving oranges . . . this is a great color!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Truely lovely!

cheers--Sharon

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/5/2009 11:30:41 AM
Author: fierypyropixy
Thanks, Fiery! My husband looked at me like I was batty when I walked upstairs with my camera in one hand, and an orange in the other.
3.gif

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/5/2009 11:32:04 AM
Author: LaurenThePartier

Thanks, Fiery! My husband looked at me like I was batty when I walked upstairs with my camera in one hand, and an orange in the other.
3.gif

Hehe . . . men never understand the need for jewelry picture props!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/5/2009 11:38:59 AM

Date: 9/5/2009 11:32:04 AM
Author: LaurenThePartier

3.gif

Hehe . . . men never understand the need for jewelry picture props!
Which is odd since he helps me with props for my food blog.
3.gif
He just backs away and rolls his eyes when I start looking for twigs and flowers in the backyard. "But they''re for jewelry shots!"
9.gif

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
It''s beautiful! It''s exactly the colour of the orange!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Hi Lauren - I''d tapped out a post yesterday, but it got eaten
29.gif
, so I''ll make it short. I really like the color, and I think a careful setting selection will close up the window. I''ve noticed that my windowed stones seem to do best with settings that have some metal underneath the stone, instead of settings that are open to the hand underneath. For example, I can clearly see my skin through a window in an open basket setting, but in a legacy-type LOGR, it magically closes up. I like your tapered traps idea, but some of those settings are open underneath. Maybe an underplate would help, if you go that route. Lovely stone though, and I''m hoping for some Texas sun soon!

Kashmira

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful colour! I love orange!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Sharon, simplysplendid, cellantini, and kashmira!

Cellantini - I have a setting on the way, so hopefully it''ll have some sort of under plate so that I can place my spess in it. I''m hoping it closes up easily.
1.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
The sun came out this afternoon, so I have more pics from the backyard!

In a box with a suitemate.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
By itself.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
In front of my eternity band. White gold for the setting?

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
For perspective on my hands.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Showing off in the background.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
On the hand from further away.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
In indirect sunlight.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Next to my wedding set.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Closer.

original.aspx

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lauren,
More beautiful pictures!! Do you know the origin of the stone? Just curious.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely lovely lovely stone. I just love the color. And I do like that almost asscher cut. Congrats!!!
36.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At last! I like the last few indirect light pictures where the stone really pops. Yes, there is a window but it looks quite small. It should close up in the right setting.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, what a beautiful collection of asschers you have and I love the orange color! Glad you are keeping it, its gorgeous!
30.gif

Do you have a vendor pic? I am just curious to see it.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! Such a gorgeous orange color. I''m not noticing the window much at all.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you, TL! It's been a couple of months since I was emailed the details on it, but I think it's Namibian. I'm double checking with Rung, though, and will let you know when he emails me back.
1.gif

Stone Hunter - thank you for your kind words!
9.gif

Chrono - thank you so much for finding this spess! I was really blown away when I opened the box, and it performs beautifully inside and in diffused lighting. It doesn't go dark in direct sunlight, but it does sparkle quite a bit. I have a few videos, but can't post them here as it's against the rules. I almost think this one is begging for a 3-sided pave solitaire setting, but I'm not onto settings just yet, since I can't focus on just one idea. It's pave, and traps, and baguettes, and baguettes with pave, and plain old solitaires (no halo, though). I'll hang onto it for a bit before I make a final decision, but I think eventually it'll go to Leon.
3.gif

Megeve, thanks! I'll attach the vendor pic to this post so you can see the vendor pic.
2.gif

Thanks, kismet!
21.gif

My pic:

original.aspx

AJS pic:

2.37ctmandarin-garnet-spessartite_GSP-00703-l.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
sooo beautiful
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results