shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally have another pair on studs on hold, need opinions!

LittleKite

Shiny_Rock
Ok now I’m freaking out because I’m scared 1.14 Ctw or 1.02 ctw are too big for everyday wear. I’m not a really flashy person, but I am a “bigger” girl. Again, upgrading my .50 ctw studs because they are too small and not sparkly at all.

I have a pair of color G with 1.22 ctw, and I love its size. I am a "small" girl with small ears. :bigsmile:

Frumasring

Shiny_Rock
So I’ve finally pulled the trigger and initiated the process to upgrade my current studs!!! Feeling a little trepidation, went through 3 BN consultants and am going with:

sounds like it’ll be about 4 weeks to complete the process. Looking forward to finally having a pair of studs to love!!

Frumasring

Shiny_Rock
So I’ve finally pulled the trigger and initiated the process to upgrade my current studs!!! Feeling a little trepidation, went through 3 BN consultants and am going with:

sounds like it’ll be about 4 weeks to complete the process. Looking forward to finally having a pair of studs to love!!

I’m hoping with HCA scores of .7 and .8 that these will be sparkly. I’m by no means a pro but at .57 cts each hopefully they’ll be firey. I hope I haven’t totally botched this!

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
I’m hoping with HCA scores of .7 and .8 that these will be sparkly. I’m by no means a pro but at .57 cts each hopefully they’ll be firey. I hope I haven’t totally botched this!

I’m sure they will be lovely. They are ideal cut so sparkle and fire will be there

Frumasring

Shiny_Rock
I’m sure they will be lovely. They are ideal cut so sparkle and fire will be there

Starting to get nervous that these specs aren’t great, since I’m getting no responses. I’ve been looking for so long and thought I was getting a great pair here. I know you’ve been with me for the long haul, so thank you!!! ❤️❤️

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think you likely did a great job. Under 1 hca is great for earrings and pendants.

Frumasring

Shiny_Rock
How about these? I VS2, good numbers, score 1.3 and 1.4 on HCA, well within budget. Unfortunately only one has images but I’m sure BN would provide the other,

or these? I Si1, 1.14ctw, $1890? Good numbers, HCA 0.7 and 0.8. Would have to check if eye clean,

Can you confirm that these I Si1 have HCA scores of .7 and .8? I have them on hold, ready to start the upgrade process. Thank you!!!

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
Starting to get nervous that these specs aren’t great, since I’m getting no responses. I’ve been looking for so long and thought I was getting a great pair here. I know you’ve been with me for the long haul, so thank you!!! ❤️❤️
Stop worrying. They are going to be so pretty and sparkling. My smaller pair are ideal cut similar size and scored well on HCA. Your will be pretty spectacular

Frumasring

Shiny_Rock
Stop worrying. They are going to be so pretty and sparkling. My smaller pair are ideal cut similar size and scored well on HCA. Your will be pretty spectacular

I can’t believe I’m just now starting to think about color, but do you think an I will be pretty white? I’m not color sensitive at all, my K engagement ring looks very white to me from above and very similar to my G/H half eternity band. I’m also thinking that because these are so well cut they will look brighter?

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
I can’t believe I’m just now starting to think about color, but do you think an I will be pretty white? I’m not color sensitive at all, my K engagement ring looks very white to me from above and very similar to my G/H half eternity band. I’m also thinking that because these are so well cut they will look brighter?
J is my sweet spot for studs And that’s lower than your I. They will 7CA9C912-98D0-405F-BE31-476DEF2438DF.jpeg face up white and super sparkly because they are ideal cut. All you will see is sparkle. Here are both pair of my J’s. They are whitE and clear

Frumasring

Shiny_Rock
J is my sweet spot for studs And that’s lower than your I. They will 7CA9C912-98D0-405F-BE31-476DEF2438DF.jpeg face up white and super sparkly because they are ideal cut. All you will see is sparkle. Here are both pair of my J’s. They are whitE and clear

Wowza. They are gorgeous!!!!!

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
Wowza. They are gorgeous!!!!!
Thanks. Your earrings are the size of my smaller studs so that gives you a visual. Let me see if I have another photo of them face up

Frumasring

Shiny_Rock
Thanks. Your earrings are the size of my smaller studs so that gives you a visual. Let me see if I have another photo of them face up

Thanks!!! And if you don’t mind, can you give me some details on your settings? I ordered the cheapest 14K white gold 3 prong martini that BN has, thinking I’ll take these to my jeweler to make new settings for me. I’m in love with yours because the look solid and look like the right size for the diamonds. My current pair(which I’m returning) are 3 prong martini but they look very small as compared to the diamonds set in them.

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks!!! And if you don’t mind, can you give me some details on your settings? I ordered the cheapest 14K white gold 3 prong martini that BN has, thinking I’ll take these to my jeweler to make new settings for me. I’m in love with yours because the look solid and look like the right size for the diamonds. My current pair(w A0876ACC-C30A-49AF-8299-E8A7EA8E4541.jpeg hich I’m returning) are 3 prong martini but they look very small as compared to the diamonds set in them.
I have the BN 18k white gold Martini setting on all my studs. I always get them and to be honest you don’t see anything but diamonds floating on the ear. I have gotten 5 pairs of studs from them. Various upgrades over three year period. 3 upgrades for my large studs and 2 pair for second hole to determine right size. I wouldn’t pay extra for custom settings to be honest

Frumasring

Shiny_Rock
I have the BN 18k white gold Martini setting on all my studs. I always get them and to be honest you don’t see anything but diamonds floating on the ear. I have gotten 5 pairs of studs from them. Various upgrades over three year period. 3 upgrades for my large studs and 2 pair for second hole to determine right size. I wouldn’t pay extra for custom settings to be honest

Hmmmm. Interesting concept. What is the advantage of 18K vs 14K gold?

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmmm. Interesting concept. What is the advantage of 18K vs 14K gold?

I just get 18k as I know I won’t be changing them and I feel like at certain pricepoint 14k isn’t nice enough for my stones

Frumasring

Shiny_Rock
I just get 18k as I know I won’t be changing them and I feel like at certain pricepoint 14k isn’t nice enough for my stones

Sorry to keep bugging you, could you remind me what size the smaller pair in your picture are? Any chance I could see an ear shot or face up pic if you have?
Thanks again for everything!!!

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry to keep bugging you, could you remind me what size the smaller pair in your picture are? Any chance I could see an ear shot or face up pic if you have?
Thanks again for everything!!!
No worries. They are 1.08 total weight for smaller pair J VS1 ideal cut. I thought I had attached earshots 6990123B-6A9F-49F1-BA9E-C1D037886FBB.jpeg

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
Here is 1.08 pair 1F5F5519-4E99-470E-B7AF-DFB8FF1AFEBD.jpeg compared to my old 1.81 pair that I traded

Frumasring

Shiny_Rock
No worries. They are 1.08 total weight for smaller pair J VS1 ideal cut. I thought I had attached earshots 6990123B-6A9F-49F1-BA9E-C1D037886FBB.jpeg

So much whiter face up. Not that they weren’t white on their side. Total chameleon!!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
do you have a picture of your current set in your ears?
WHat are the mm measurements of those- not the carat weight.

some ppl on here are good with photoshop skill and can potentially show you what the new studs will be like on your ears.

HOwever, if you are crafty..... wht you can do is do a life size paper cut out of the new studs... just for size comparison. i see one of the stones is 5.12mm is hard to cut.. so 5.0mm is a good enought to cut into a round. put these on your ear lobes and take a pic... that way you can "see" the visual impact of the new stones.

Frumasring

Shiny_Rock
do you have a picture of your current set in your ears?
WHat are the mm measurements of those- not the carat weight.

some ppl on here are good with photoshop skill and can potentially show you what the new studs will be like on your ears.

HOwever, if you are crafty..... wht you can do is do a life size paper cut out of the new studs... just for size comparison. i see one of the stones is 5.12mm is hard to cut.. so 5.0mm is a good enought to cut into a round. put these on your ear lobes and take a pic... that way you can "see" the visual impact of the new stones.

Hi! So I’m tickled pink about size. I obviously wanted to go as big as I could afford but, being the novice I am, thought that as soon as I hit 1 CT’s the price would skyrocket (not realizing that that is only the case when each stone tips 1ct). Anyway, I’m more confused about how to mentally prepare for color and cut than size. My current pair which I’m trading in and hate are .50 ctw, E, SI1 and I hate them. Speaking of color, these E’s look like K to me. K doesn’t bother me, my E-ring is a 1.98 K that looks white to me from the top. My half eternity band are G/H and look like the K too. I think I just suck at color sensitivity. My jeweler had advised me in the past that he felt I didn’t like my current pair because they were too small to appreciate all the good qualities about them. So I’m hoping that the new pair will be very sparkly and bright at 1.14, I, SI1, ideal cut! Pics of old pair attached. 0C48FBC7-AC17-4A60-8C06-F0B163E81D98.jpeg

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
You have 2 ear piercings. Maybe need to consider a smaller pair at some point for the 2nd set of holes.

I think 1.14tcw I colour ideal cuts will be awesome on your ear.

i think you will be fine with colour and bling. It will suit your ear nicely.

they will bling for sure!!
Congrats.

Frumasring

Shiny_Rock
You have 2 ear piercings. Maybe need to consider a smaller pair at some point for the 2nd set of holes.

I think 1.14tcw I colour ideal cuts will be awesome on your ear.

i think you will be fine with colour and bling. It will suit your ear nicely.

they will bling for sure!!
Congrats.

Thanks so much for your thoughts!! I just feel so much trepidation about ordering something so expensive that I haven’t seen. I notice you’re an “ideal rock”. Can you look at my stats for my upgrade and give me your opinion? I’m not sure I understand the info on the GIA cert regarding twinning wisp, feather, and crystal. I understand that these aren’t flawless but I think since they are SI1, I shouldn’t be able to see anything without a loupe? But do you see in my ear shot the black wedge?this is the pair I’m sending in. I think that’s a facet but it’s kind of ugly.
Thanks again for your thoughts and support!!!
4FECBB97-C6F1-4046-AD64-DE5AC410F4B8.png 0045FBAC-DE94-460D-A080-7FE6648E3C97.png 8067010A-5A90-4760-A2E8-753BE8C8391F.jpeg

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Currently out with the kiddos on a train ride.
I found some guidelines to the round angles to look for from PS. Also use the HCA tool at the top of the PS page... you have all the information on the GIA report to plug into it. There is a limit of how many tries you have with HCA tool. If <2, and soem say 2.5, it’s a fairly good stone to investigate with more imaging( idealscope and ASET) . Video footage would be better.
Buying in line is hard... but these tools generally weed out the ones to avoid.

Thanx for the compliment but I am actually not a MRB person... hehehe. But am happy to help where I can.

i will respond more later tonight (western Australian time)
844D9188-03F4-4F43-93A6-19FB897B3307.png

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
When viewing diamonds it is best when they are clean and I front of you.

with your current earrings, they are still on your ear and with the angulation of the picture, you are seeing one “facet” which gives you the wedge. I think you will see that in most earrings, as the angulation and lighting makes a huge difference.
I think what you are seeing is the lower half of the diamond being reflected thru to the table... and I suspect if you are seeing the diamond head on, you won’t see this wedge.

si1 means you can’t see anything6” in front of you. You will def see something with a loupe.

however for an earring this size, I believe si 1 would be fine. But be sure to ask for eye cleaN. Ie eyelean from 6” in front of your eyes.

inclusions I don’t like are
anything on the table,
black carbon spots.
feathers on the girdles

the inclusions listed on the GIA report are listed I the order of “obviousness and potential structural integrity.

so you need to get an understanding of where the feathers are in the first one you listed.

also the girdles are medium to slightly thick- which means there is weight in that area. I think it would be preferred to have thin to medium thickness, so that more diamond is in the facets/ pavilion areas to reflect light. Once again I am not a modern round person so am only passing on information from what I read.

it also depends on your setting.
Prongs/ bezels which may or may not be an issue with the feather/ twinning wisps. Bezels would protect the girdles and those edges. so if those inclusions are in those areas, and you have A better chance of “protecting” and not seeing these inclusions.

With crystals- most of them are white/ clear. It depends on where they are, which may or may not have an effect on the appearance. If in the main pavilion- the big facets under the diamond, it may be reflected into the table and you can see the Clear crystal or affect the sparkle.

So ask the jeweler what effect these inclusions have on the performance of the stone and on how you are setting the stone.

I hope that helps.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
I have not run the numbers thru HCA tool but I did post the numbers that ppl generally look for.

havent scrutinised it

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
The GIA report should also hAve a map of the inclusions. The report you link doesn’t have it or it had been cut off

Frumasring

Shiny_Rock
The GIA report should also hAve a map of the inclusions. The report you link doesn’t have it or it had been cut off

Hi! Thanks so much for all the info. I think I ran HCA correctly and came up with .7 and .8 for each stone but I might have entered the measurements in mm incorrectly. Someone else got .6 and .7. Regarding GIA certificate, that’s all that’s available on BN website, without the diagram.
This has literally been so stressful I’m contemplating giving up and just trying to love what I have.
Thanks again!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Hi! Thanks so much for all the info. I think I ran HCA correctly and came up with .7 and .8 for each stone but I might have entered the measurements in mm incorrectly. Someone else got .6 and .7. Regarding GIA certificate, that’s all that’s available on BN website, without the diagram.
This has literally been so stressful I’m contemplating giving up and just trying to love what I have.
Thanks again!

Oh no.... trust in the process that you are undergoing with all the help you are getting here. Many others have been in the same position as you. All of it is daunting.... all of it is part of the process of Learning. Some of us learned with our own money... others learned from these “mistakes “ It is an exciting journey.

Maybe ask BN for video imaging of these stones? It can help you visualise the stones.
I really can’t wait to see these larger ideal stones On your ears.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results