shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally have another pair on studs on hold, need opinions!

Frumasring

Shiny_Rock
Oh no.... trust in the process that you are undergoing with all the help you are getting here. Many others have been in the same position as you. All of it is daunting.... all of it is part of the process of Learning. Some of us learned with our own money... others learned from these “mistakes “ It is an exciting journey.

Maybe ask BN for video imaging of these stones? It can help you visualise the stones.
I really can’t wait to see these larger ideal stones On your ears.

Thanks for the support!!! I really feel foolish that I’ve dedicated so much to something like this, especially with what’s going on in the world. Here I am fretting about whether or not the diamonds I want are right!! Do you think blue nike has videos other than what they have posted on their site? Ive seen the rotating image at like 30X, but I don’t know how to tell if it’s eye clean. I think I never got a straight answer from Blue Nile and quite honestly, wish I had never worked with them. I’m on like my 4th consultant by now, they are not fast at replying, I feel that I have to force them to sell me a diamond. Totally frustrated!

but thank you for everything!!! ❤️❤️

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Link those stones on here and I will have a quick look.

Buying diamonds should take time. Sometimes you get really lucky and it’s the first stone you see. You can never ask too many questions or ask/ see images of the stones before purchasing them online. It is tough. Your eye will understand what you see online and what you see in your hot little hands. It’s a learning process.

I generally have the opinion that the diamond or stone that is meant for you: should jump out of the screen and smack you Between the eyes. It should also make your heart skip a beat or go a little faster. It’s hard when you are buying your first one online. You get “analysis paralysis”, and do not really get to enjoy the process. Know that it will a huge learning experience once you open that box.... you need to be critical of what yousee and what you have paid for. Do thst instantly. Go thru your parameters again and see the stones in their setting. Do the stones/ setting meet those expectations?

If not, what was it that didn’t do it for you....what are the trade offs?

can you live with what you have chosen?

I do not believe I have a piece of jewelry that I have regretted buying. some silly and expensive purchases, yes. But I see those as learning experiences that allowed me to buy better the next time.

When are you expecting them?

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
I think the stones will be eye clean. Under big magnification like this and on a computer screen, it will not be eye clean.

However, yiu would want to get an understanding of what and where those crystals in the second stone (I think I can see the clear crystal) twinning wisps and feathers are and, if they affect the integrity of the stone. Woudl the setting of the stones impact on these inclusions.

I do like the overall look of the stones! I can see an ever so slight brown tint in one and the other an ivory feel to it. But it could be the set up of the diamond spinning wheel- eg background for ground lighting
Nice find.

csnt wait time see them on your ears!

Frumasring

Shiny_Rock
I think the stones will be eye clean. Under big magnification like this and on a computer screen, it will not be eye clean.

However, yiu would want to get an understanding of what and where those crystals in the second stone (I think I can see the clear crystal) twinning wisps and feathers are and, if they affect the integrity of the stone. Woudl the setting of the stones impact on these inclusions.

I do like the overall look of the stones! I can see an ever so slight brown tint in one and the other an ivory feel to it. But it could be the set up of the diamond spinning wheel- eg background for ground lighting
Nice find.

csnt wait time see them on your ears!

Again, thank you!!! I by no means expect perfection here, I think I’m just stuck with what you described as analysis paralysis. I think these are 1890 because of the color? I thought an I should still look pretty white. I’m not very color sensitive but would prefer ivory to brown. I’m concerned I should call this pair off and start the search for a new pair. But it’s so hard. I can only spend 1900-2000 on the stones so I fear I’ll never find anything that doesn’t have some give and take somewhere. I want size and sparkle but I’ve paralyzed myself now with clarity and color.
:cry2::cry2::cry2:

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
Again, thank you!!! I by no means expect perfection here, I think I’m just stuck with what you described as analysis paralysis. I think these are 1890 because of the color? I thought an I should still look pretty white. I’m not very color sensitive but would prefer ivory to brown. I’m concerned I should call this pair off and start the search for a new pair. But it’s so hard. I can only spend 1900-2000 on the stones so I fear I’ll never find anything that doesn’t have some give and take somewhere. I want size and sparkle but I’ve paralyzed myself now with clarity and color.
:cry2::cry2::cry2:

Do not cancel these stones. Get them and if you don’t like you can return. I think honestly you are just freaking yourself out. They are going to be lovely. Everything lines up. Just chill and once they come you will be smiling from ear to ear. If you don’t like them you can return but you have to get them in your hands

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Do not cancel these stones. Get them and if you don’t like you can return. I think honestly you are just freaking yourself out. They are going to be lovely. Everything lines up. Just chill and once they come you will be smiling from ear to ear. If you don’t like them you can return but you have to get them in your hands

Exactly this. @Frumasring

As I said, these are absolutely fine.
Ask those questions about the inclusions to be sure, to be sure.

there are always tolerances that you need to be aware of. Budget is key here. It isn’t until you have them in your hands to understand what you see on the screen to what you see in your hand do you really appreciate what you have been analysing about.

many ppl have done exactly the same as you, me included.

trust the process - there is lots to learn here.

no one can buy the perfect pair first up - even if you have an endless budget... it’s all about budget and tolerances.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results