shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT FINALLY! (Gorgeous!) new fishtail pave set from WF. ..

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
love the new pictures lynn!! esp that purple flower one...yummy!! that scallop is just getting prettier and prettier..ehhee.

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
love it
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, all! As always, your comments make my day!

Mara, I am so happy that you love my "Mara Scallop"!
30.gif
xoxoxox!

I thought this was kind of a neat shot. I''m going to try to get some more later today outside with the flowers.

thebaubleagain31.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Lynn!! Love the new pictures!~
4.gif
My faves are the one with the purple stripey flower and the daisy one. What kind of flower is the purple stripey one? orchid, iris? I can''t tell.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/10/2006 1:04:57 PM
Author: sunkist
Lynn!! Love the new pictures!~
4.gif
My faves are the one with the purple stripey flower and the daisy one. What kind of flower is the purple stripey one? orchid, iris? I can''t tell.

Sunkist,

Thank you for the post. A photography compliment from YOU means A LOT! You and Mara are killing me with all the amazing diamond photos!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I am but a poor rank amateur!

Oh, BTW, it''s a bearded iris. When we bought our new home last year I was delighted to find HUNDREDS of them throughout all the beds!
30.gif

Lynn

lvnut

Shiny_Rock
Wow! Your reset is gorgeous! I have never seen a head like that before - I didn''t read the other thread, but did Mara come up with that design? It''s absolutely perfect!

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Lynn-

I''m sooo late to the thread, but I''ve been meaning to get over here and comment on how GORGEOUS your ring is! I love the new setting, and the stone looks (well, IS) so big!
30.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooooh new pictures! Yummo!!
30.gif

MORE!!!! please.....

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2006 11:36:15 AM
Author: lvnut
Wow! Your reset is gorgeous! I have never seen a head like that before - I didn''t read the other thread, but did Mara come up with that design? It''s absolutely perfect!

Darling Miss Mara practically DESIGNED my head for me!
2.gif
She was instrumental in it from the beginning. She had seen a ring by Ritani once that had a similar type of scallop design on the head and we had talked about it quite a bit here on the boards. And when the time came for my own re-set... well, she worked hard with me to help me get it *juuuuuuust right* and things nicely fell into place. It is PERFECT and she is my HERO!
1.gif

lvnut

Shiny_Rock
Mara could definitely have a career in jewelry designing! That head is just beyond beautiful! And your new set is just spectactular!

I hope I am as happy with my reset as you are with yours - mine is due in this week and it''s a completely different look!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2006 9:08:13 PM
Author: lvnut
Mara could definitely have a career in jewelry designing! That head is just beyond beautiful! And your new set is just spectactular!

I hope I am as happy with my reset as you are with yours - mine is due in this week and it''s a completely different look!

OOOH, a re-set, how exciting! If you have talked about it here, I''m sorry -- I must have missed it. What are you having done?!!
30.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Just a few more flower shots...
these cannot compare to Miss Mara''s photos, though. But I''m tenacious, and I''ll KEEP TRYING!!!
2.gif

thebaubleagain32.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Gosh, I love these rings!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

thebaubleagain33.jpg

lvnut

Shiny_Rock
I posted in another thread about a week ago in Rocky Talky about my reset...I am a longtime lurker...finally coming out of the closet! I just tried to upload the pictures for you, got it to work last week, but now it won''t work? (Do I need to rename it again?) I''m kind of a doofus when it comes to this stuff!

I''ll try again tomorrow.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh boy....YUM
30.gif
SUPERB!
36.gif
36.gif
I can''t believe I didn''t realise this thread was yours Lynn, but good things come to those who wait and the end result is....finger kissingly scrumptious
emsmilep.gif

laila

Shiny_Rock
Lynn - I''m late getting here as well, but I''ve also been meaning to post to tell you how GORGEOUS your new rings are!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I LOVED your old set - it was one of my favorites, but I like this one even more! Absolutely love love love the head! Unique and beautiful! Keep posting pics if you can! Oh - and loved seeing the pic of you - it''s so fun to be able to put faces with names
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

3hearts

Shiny_Rock
LOVE the reset Lynn. I really like your wedding band. I hope you don''t mind if I copy it. I originally wanted the shared prong, but I like this one better because it doesn''t look like the diamonds are going to rub against the ering. Are both rings the same size or is your ering or wedding band a size bigger?

thanks for sharing,
Lyn

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful reset. I really love how the stone is set low and that head is gorgeous! Just love how it looks.
16.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2006 1:02:59 AM
Author: 3hearts
LOVE the reset Lynn. I really like your wedding band. I hope you don''t mind if I copy it. I originally wanted the shared prong, but I like this one better because it doesn''t look like the diamonds are going to rub against the ering. Are both rings the same size or is your ering or wedding band a size bigger?

thanks for sharing,
Lyn
Of course I don''t mind if you copy it, you silly girl! I would be honored and thrilled! I''m so glad you love it! I love it sooo much. Such a classy, *perfect* look, I think! I have not one single regret and I couldn''t be happier!

And yes, you are right, there''s no diamond overhang with this style so there''s no fear of diamonds rubbing diamonds or metal of another ring.

And yes, both rings are the same size -- 4.75.

Hope that anwsers your questions... if not, please let me know!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
lynn, since this thread is bumped I had to look at all your pictures again. Your ring is my favorite ring done by Whiteflash EVER!!! they have done some amazing pieces no doubt, but I just love the daintiness nad the subtle but gorgeous details of your rings..
30.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2006 11:32:31 AM
Author: mrssalvo
lynn, since this thread is bumped I had to look at all your pictures again. Your ring is my favorite ring done by Whiteflash EVER!!! they have done some amazing pieces no doubt, but I just love the daintiness nad the subtle but gorgeous details of your rings..
30.gif

OHMYGOSH, Mrs. S, what an awesome compliment! Thank you soooo much! xoxoxox I think so, too.

I hope WF sees your post!

Lynn (who is *grinning from ear to ear!*
2.gif
)

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with Mrs. S. Yours and Mara''s are the most gorgeous with all the small little diamonds going around. Makes me want to do a "mini" version of your!
30.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I finally got a chance to try to play around a little with my new camera (Canon SD550) and I have to tell ya, I cannot even come *CLOSE* to Miss Mara''s photography skills. Wah wah!!!
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

HOPEFULLY, I will get better (I am sure I will keep trying!
2.gif
). I probably took close to a hundred for a few OK ones.

Oh well... here goes!

48.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock

46.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OY. I''m not posting any more photos until I figure out why these photos are coming out so darn
HUGE.

When I check on the image size (in Photoshop), it says (for photo #47) that it''s 5.5" x 3.23" and 990 x 582 pixels (width and height).

Resolution is 180 pixels per inch. Does this mean anything to anyone??! HELP!

Thank you!!!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OK, I am like a dog with a bone. I *think* I resized it... let's see...
(I'm afraid to hit "SUBMIT"!!!!)

ETA: Still awfully big. Don't know what else to do. Wah wah!
39.gif

PLUS the diamond is terribly dusty and it looks like it has a big black carbon spot in it! Well, you guys know THAT'S not the case!

That's it. I give up. I'm going back to my cheap-o camera with the LOUPE taped to the front!!!
20.gif

47b.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
lynn, try belle''s tips here and see if they help. I have a mac and it works differently.

that said, I don''t think they are too big at all
30.gif
30.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lynn, put the ring in the US to get rid of the dust and dirt (the macro totally picks it up!) and calm down sweetie.

the size of the images looks great to me. i typically size my pictures at 550 or 600 pixels for PS which these look close to.

that first image looks fabu to me! if the pictures are coming out a little blurry, pull the camera away a little further from the ring. you can always crop out the surrounding stuff when you are in photoshop. most of the time there is all sorts of other stuff in my pictures and i just crop the ring out when i edit it.

the other thing i do, and not like this makes for any sort of super grand pictures necessarily, but i play around with where the ring is when i crop the photo. sometimes if it''s in a particularly pretty flower, i leave more of the flower than i would have, or i crop so that the ring is not the focus and center of the picture, but maybe it''s off to the right or left. sometimes this gives me really cool artistic shots.

above all just play around, practice!! there are times i am frustrated. you think those few hundred pictures in my thread are all i took? no way. i have probably a few thousand pictures of my ring on my hard drive. in fact i have to delete them because they are huge like 2-3mb each and taking up a huge amount of space!!! so keep at it!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Lynn: Just my .02 but that last picture is great!! Love your ring by the way.
emwink.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Mrs. S, Mara and Onedrop. You guys are the best! xoxoxo!

OK, here''s another attempt to post one of the photos I took tonight. I feel like I have absolutely NO IDEA what SIZE it is going to turn out!!! Here goes... (crossing fingers...
2.gif
)

44.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results