shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT FINALLY! (Gorgeous!) new fishtail pave set from WF. ..

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Lynn....that is GORGEOUS! I had the pleasure of feasting my eyes on your "little pebble" LOL, and WOW - I just LOVE the new result.

VERY classy!

Wear it in good health......and NO MORE CHANGES! lol

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Miss lynn, it''s beyond fabulous. the fishtail pave looks beautiful and very subtle. I like your version waaaaaay better than the Michael b. The scallop on the head is simply divine. I''m so glad you love it and you finally have your "i''m a 110% happy with" dream set..

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Lynn!!! It''s looks absolutely divine!! I love the scallop head. Mad props to Mara!
36.gif

More pictures!!!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring!! Oh my!!!! Congrats Lynn!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Lynn your new setting is just fabulous! I love the subtle look of the fishtail pave. The new head is so classy and it really sets off that big beautiful diamond of yours. I am so glad that you are happy with the way everything turned out.

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Lynn WOW! It''s magnificent.
I thought you were a little loopy for changing your setting (that you loved so much), but it just looks amazing.
The scallops are a really nice "couture" detail.
I also have a spready/squat head and I love it too!
I was never a fishtail fan - but MAN your ring is really changing my mind.
You guys (Mara, Demz, and Lynn) almost have me sold on J''s - Lynn your stone is quite a looker.

I strongly think, if you wouldn''t mind Lynn, that Whiteflash should make that a stock setting.
I''d buy one and switch my setting back and forth every 6 months.

Scintillating...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe scint I know, I need ''switchable heads'' or something so I could have Lynn''s beautiful new scalloped 4 prong AND switch out with my 6 prong which I still adore!! hmmm. snap in, snap out? hehe.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2006 12:27:19 AM
Author: Mara
hehe scint I know, I need ''switchable heads'' or something so I could have Lynn''s beautiful new scalloped 4 prong AND switch out with my 6 prong which I still adore!! hmmm. snap in, snap out? hehe.
Kind of reminds me of Clap on Clap off the clapper!! What a cool idea. Defintely would help those that want different looks or those that are indecisive. Me I love the solitaire look but would have a heck of a time choosing. That said the head of Lynn''s is my new FAVE. Hands down, spectacular. Subtle yet elegant and goin down as a PS CLASSIC. Yup, it''s true.
2.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Lynn -- Just heading off to bed, but I had to tell you how absolutely magnificent your set turned out!!! I LOVE it SO MUCH!! It really has me thinking (which is dangerous) that this would be the set I would chose if I were to do it again. I can''t say enough good things about it. I love it so much more than the shared prong version -- love the profile and the HEAD! It''s just PERFECT!! Congratulations!!!!!!! Oh, and did I mention that I LOVE it???

Date: 6/4/2006 11:59:49 PM
Author: Scintillating
You guys (Mara, Demz, and Lynn) almost have me sold on J''s - Lynn your stone is quite a looker.

Scintillating...

FYI: My stone is actually an I color and, to be quite honest, the color does bother me at times when looking at the stone from the side. That is one of the reasons I chose to put it in a six prong head. I LOVE Lynn''s head so much, but, sadly, I think it might bother me to see so much of my stone exposed on the side. I think I''m more sensitive to color than I previously thought. DAMN!!!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Wow that is just a stunner! I really love the fishtail pave and the wavey basket head. Just PERFECTION which I am sure you already know!
2.gif
Keep those pictures coming! You have 14 more pages to go
18.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Lynn! Ok I love, love the bling. Of course, I love the bling, and I''m going to be DREAMING of that baby for quite sometime. It''s like totally my dream ring. But my absolute favorite picture of you with the new set, you look fabulous! And so happy too. I don''t know if it''s the bling or whatever, but you have it happening! Congrats on the new setting!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations, Lynn. That''s a gorgeous ring. I like the lower head better than the original. Is it more comfortable than your previous ring?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lynn, you are lovely!!! And your ring, well, stunning...that is all I can say. I do not recall the story of it (sorry to admit) but boy it is so great! And it looks great on your hand...Congrats and enjoy it!

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
WOW! I am at a loss for words....your ring is simply stunning!!!!
just beautiful!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful set! I love the way fishtail pave looks!!!
36.gif
30.gif
18.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Lynn, I love your new set! I love the scallop on the head.....it looks beautiful! I love how low it sits too....and I love how HUGE your 2.36 looks on your finger! Gorgeous!
30.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for the sweet posts!

I will try to answer some of your questions...

dbgaap, I will post a "before and after" soon! Great idea!

JDgirl, WF used their standard ACA melee, which are F/VS, according to the verification letter sent along with the rings.

Kristy, thank you for the wonderful post! xoxoxo Yes, the fishtail pave is incredible. I am so thrilled. It is SO subtle yet just enough "texture" and "detail" to really make it beautiful and unique. VERY comfortable to wear, too. Every little "fishtail" is perfect (even under the loupe!
20.gif
1.gif
9.gif
) and the little diamonds appear to be set quite durably, which was important to me. I sure don't want any little stones popping out on me!
23.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
And while they look extremely "delicate", both rings feel surprisingly "sturdy" (and well-made) -- they do not look or feel "flimsy" AT ALL. The overall look is very Michael B'ish, but (IMHO) almost... even better!

I do notice a difference in the sparkle factor between the melee in my old set (.03 pointers) and the new melee (.02s), but I was expecting that because Dem had mentioned that the "look" will probably be different -- and she was right. Instead of "sparkles", I would say the bands "glitter" or "shimmer" - which is actually quite appealing. Subtle, but yet noticeable. VERY attractive with the 2.36 center stone!

I really could not be happier with the way the rings turned out. WF really outdid themselves with this set. The care and attention to detail are nothing less than amazing. They really are *perfect* and as we all well know, with custom pieces, perfect can sometimes be unrealistic or even unachievable. But these rings really, truly are 100% PERFECT. It is so amazing and exciting. They have exceeded my wildest dreams and I am so happy with them!

Sunnygal, how exciting for you! Please keep us posted and let us know what you end up with.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
BTW, I'm on the other end of PA... dang it!
1.gif

Alj, it does tickle me that you saw my bauble in person! Although I think the poor baby was in dreadful need of a bath... I actually stopped at the PO on the way home from work one day and just sent it off to WF, and the poor thing was downright FILTHY! If I'd have known that you and Mara were gonna see it...
23.gif
Haha!

Scintillating, no need to apologize
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
-- I AM certifiably "loopy"! DH says it's "part of my charm"! I have a sneaking suspicion that WF may be getting more requests for this ring style -- or at the very least, the scallop basket head. And they really do need to name it the "MARA SCALLOP"!
1.gif

Dem, girlfriend -- thanks for the note! WOW, I am so thrilled that you love it. Thank you! You know, I was thinking that this head would look great on a solitaire, too. Personally, I think it is the little black dress of heads... perfect for any occasion!
30.gif

DiaDiva, the rings are very comfortable. Smooth and rounded and I am barely aware of having them on. But I never felt like my old rings (shared-prong style made with 3 pointers) were uncomfortable -- that was really never a reason why I changed.

Diamondfan, here's a few links to "the story" if you are ever feeling reeeeally *BORED*!
2.gif

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/considering-a-re-set-opinions-advice-welcome.44401/=

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ok-since-were-exploring-all-options-lets-talk-heads-please.44827/

Thanks to all of the rest of you that posted. I appreciate it more than I can say! You guys are *THE BEST*!
36.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Lynn you are just too cute for words.

That RING! THAT STUNNING Ring!

Wow - they did an amazing job. It looks perfect on your hand.

Enjoy

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a ring!!! I love your set, it is absolutely perfect.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lynn you ARE too cute in that picture with your bauble, your eyes are almost as bright as your ring!!

Chi

Shiny_Rock
Lyn..thank you for posting your pics...breathtaking...so beautiful...
21.gif

Can I ask what type of camera you are using....the photography is just amazing...
36.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2006 1:41:51 PM
Author: Chi
Can I ask what type of camera you are using....the photography is just amazing...
36.gif
Haha, this is SO funny. As some of you know, I have the CHEAPEST little camera here in PSville, doesn''t even have a MACRO setting. It takes me 100 attempts to get one good photo (and I am NOT kidding!) I was wailing about it recently to DH, who says, "Well, why don''t you try using mine?"
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
I totally forgot that he has an older Sony digi-cam that he uses for eBay. Well, DUH!!!! So that''s what I have been using. It''s only a 1.2 MP and I don''t really think it is capturing the fire and true beauty of my center diamond... but hey, at least it has a MACRO!!!
9.gif

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Ditto to all the many compliments!! It is simply stunning. Perfect.
30.gif

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Your reset is stunning!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
Beautiful, beautifu,l and I think all of your pictures turned out excellent
36.gif

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Lynn-
The new rings are stunning!
30.gif
30.gif
I was wondering if the eternity band is uncomfortable against your finger or if its thin enough that you don''t really notice it. And any chance you can post a close-up of just the wedding band on your hand? I''m trying to get an idea of the size of the stones and if I''d like them to be that size or larger. Also, what size ring are you? My fiance doesn''t like the look of the prong set eternity bands from the side, and I''m thinking I can convince him on this look. Thanks!!

JoangA

Shiny_Rock
Your rings are perfect! They look wonderful on your hand. Enjoy..

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2006 3:20:58 PM
Author: scarlet16
Lynn-

The new rings are stunning!
30.gif
30.gif
I was wondering if the eternity band is uncomfortable against your finger or if its thin enough that you don''t really notice it. And any chance you can post a close-up of just the wedding band on your hand? I''m trying to get an idea of the size of the stones and if I''d like them to be that size or larger. Also, what size ring are you? My fiance doesn''t like the look of the prong set eternity bands from the side, and I''m thinking I can convince him on this look. Thanks!!

Hi Scarlet,
Thanks for the note! My rings are not full eternity, they are considered 90% eternity, which was my choice because the limited sizing (if any at all) of full eternity scares me! (My mom''s ring size changed over a full size when she was a little older than me and if that happens to me, I want to be able to have my rings sized.) So both rings have a very small (plain) sizing area in the back.

The width of each ring is 2.1mm; I don''t know the depth, but they are VERY comfortable and easy-to-wear. I am having no trouble at all with the "comfort factor". My ring size is 4.75. HTH!

Lynn

wringalone1.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock

prettybauble1.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
More...
(I gotta get busy if I''m gonna even come CLOSE to competing w/ Mara''s thread...
2.gif
2.gif
2.gif
)

prettybauble2.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I took some photos today at work (in my office lighting). I will upload them later today; hopefully I''ll have some good ones. In the meantime, here''s another of the two rings together. Ahhhhh... perfection in platinum!
30.gif

*happy sigh!*

thebaubleagain21.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results