shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally getting a baby ring/push present

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
It''s going to be beautiful! Your daughter is a cutie! Can''t wait to see hand shots!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m excited about seeing something a bit different! I don''t think there''s much yellow topaz around. The CADs look great!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Looks like it will be beautiful!! Congrats on your beautiful daughter and ring!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s going to be gorgeous, what a special gift!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Topaz is my birthstone, too!! I think your ring will be stunning. I can''t wait to see it!

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!! I can not wait to see the ring in your finger
30.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Pretty, pretty ring! I am excited to see the finished product. My mom is a November baby, so she always had lots of gorgeous yellow topaz jewelry that I loved. It''s exciting to see some here on PS, too!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful, please post hand shots when it arrives
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all for sharing in my excitement. Nobody in my family shares my love of bling and it''s so nice to have a place to share without being judged.

Well, DD''s been a naughty girl and she broke my laptop so I''ve been offline for a while. I finally got my old desktop set up and I was sad to see a not from Vera saying that the first casting of my ring failed so it won''t be finished or ship until next Monday. Of course I don''t mind waiting for them to get it right, I just wanna get this lil baby on my hand pronto. LoL

While DD was taking her nap I decided to practice taking pics since I know you''ll want to see the finished product. Here''s the result. . .

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
oops, all the photos are too big. I''ll resize and be back ASAP

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
Alright, my collection is nothing spectacular, but these pieces are special to me.

First is a heart pendant with either a blue zircon or topaz (whatever blue stone they sell at Zales) . DH bought this for one of our Valentine''s together. It''s the first piece of jewelry he ever bought me so it''s really special even though I never wear it.
emembarrassed.gif

SB blue something pendant.JPG

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
Then I got these studs to go with it for my birthday (I''m a Dec baby so this is my birthstone)

SB blue something studs.JPG

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
my blues together

SB blues together.JPG

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
A couple years later DH got me this amethyst pendant

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! And I can''t believe how cute your baby is!!! I love the hair!

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
ooops, caught DD pulling all her wipes out of their package and I accidentally hit post without attaching

SB amethyst pendant.JPG

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
He also gave me these matching studs. He picked these out because he noticed that I didn''t really wear the heart pendant he got me (wore the studs all the time) and I finally admitted that it was a bit much for me and I liked a much simpler style. It was really sweet that he bought me this simple set instead of being offended. Purple is my favorite color too.

SB amethysts together.JPG

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
Unfortunately, he and I both continued to think Zales offered good jewelry (I really knew NOTHING before I found PS) and looked there years later when we were ready to get engaged. He didn't buy there but he didn't do much better by buying through ebay. We both loved the ring he picked out and never realized until it was way too late that the diamond is super deep, has a massive table and the setting is super wonky. That said, I still love it and don't intend on getting rid of my funky diamond. The setting may go, but never the diamond - it means to much to me.

SBering in box.JPG

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock

SBering profile.JPG

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
handshot

SBering handshot.JPG

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
a little farther away

SBering farther handshot.JPG

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
almost forgot to add the first diamonds he ever bought me. A pair of .25ctw princess studs from Zales. I''m thinking about using the diamonds to make an ID bracelet for DD. They may be cheap diamonds, but the setiment is priceless to me.

SB princess studs.JPG

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
Lucky for me, I found PS before my diamond lust kicked in and I got a great pair of RB studs from WF

SBearrings in box.JPG

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
is that a little arrow action I see?

SBearring1 arrows.JPG

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
DEFINITELY arrows going on here
30.gif

SBearring2 arrows.JPG

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
I love the Wprongs, they''re beautiful and so delicate.

SBearrings profile.JPG

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
MY MIL was very kind to gift me my wedding jewelry (a tradition in her family) and FYI I gushed over them appropriately. Too bad she knows as little I as used to (not that I know much now) and bought the least expensive necklace and earrings she could find at Macys. I still love them and will hold onto them for my DD.

SB wedding earrings.JPG

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
same from the side

SB wedding earrings profile.JPG

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
and the necklace

SB wedding necklace.JPG

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
It''s also a tradition for MILs siblings to get together and give jewelry to the brides who marry into the family (if I''d known this sooner DH and I would have been married years earlier
2.gif
). This is the diamond tennis bracelet they gave me. Like most everything I own, I know nothing about it. All that matters to me is that it''s another sweet gift and I''ll be saving it for DD.

SB wedding bracelet.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results